Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

An Important Update on the Future of These Forums

Comments

• Options
    MizoreYukiiMizoreYukii Posts: 6,566 Member
    At the last minute my browser decided to have a fight so I couldn't get some of those last threads in :sweat_smile: Probably should have asked to have that spam blocker temporarily disabled too, it had it out for me the last few days :lol: Also does the timer increase if you keep getting blocked? :scream: I noticed the "120 seconds" was increasing each time it bonked me...I was up to a roughly 4-5 minute wait by the end trying to avoid it. :persevere:

@Simmingal YW! I saw that nobody had gotten to them yet so decided to bump them for Rose who mentioned it a few days ago.
  • Options
    EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,937 Member
    So then, we have passed the no-transfer line now, yes?
  • Options
    coolsim9999999coolsim9999999 Posts: 5,102 Member
    Yes, we have @EgonVM. I hope you got some of your special stuff that isn't transferring to the new site :).
    4kkjdXo.png

• Options
    Gilles8001Gilles8001 Posts: 729 Member
    Can anyone still see this message? lol
  • Options
    EA_CadeEA_Cade Posts: 7,336 EA Community Manager
    Gilles8001 wrote: »
    Can anyone still see this message? lol

Nope.
    Found a Bug? Let us know here. Having a technical issue with your game? Reach out to us here. 9alz5vu73pb0.png
  • Options
    luvdasims55luvdasims55 Posts: 14,649 Member
    Hmm...what message? :p
  • Options
    Yes, we have @EgonVM. I hope you got some of your special stuff that isn't transferring to the new site :).

Well, not yet. Still, if I add something, I'll save it before the closure.

Very well then. Every message we send now will not echo back for long now. Eventually, the echo grows quieter, quieter, quieter, until it simply disappears. Let's make it count then, I guess.
  • Options
    Ok then. There's one question then before the end (which comes in 4 months).

Any regrets? Or any great memories?

Feel free to share these here.
  • Options
    gamer_grl16gamer_grl16 Posts: 3 New Member
    This is disgusting and terrible. I had one of those old accounts (since 2009) was never notified of this update. How did you expect people to able to salvage their accounts and posts if no one was ever told about it. I check all my emails daily and never saw ONE inkling of a hint that things were going to be deleted. Why are you sims corporate figureheads so obsessed with making everything EA? Why couldnt this webstie just be a spinoff of "EA forums" with its built in community and history. I randomly remembered my old posts on here (as I randomly do every 3-4 months) and logged on today to see the news and am heartbroken. RIP to the account @Spycoo16 you will be missed.
  • Options
    @EgonVM Yeah, just save stuff to your computer that you want to keep because stuff is still around.
    4kkjdXo.png

• Options
    @EgonVM --- No regrets, but great memories <3, which I know will continue on the new forum B)! I'll check out your links now :).
    4kkjdXo.png

• Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,449 Member
    Okay so the transfer deadline has passed. Does this mean that what we post now stays behind? As in, "what happens on these forums stays on these forums"? 😁
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    February11February11 Posts: 12,661 Member
    edited March 14
    Sounds like it.
    Lost in the void!
    So in essence, we can post what we like and get away with it 🤭😮😁
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • Options
    CaerfinonCaerfinon Posts: 633 Member
    @LiELF Yes, the forums have achieved peak Vegas mode. From now on any posts here will be lost unless you reproduce them yourself in the new forums.
    Cheers
    C.
    Traits: 🐶Dog Lover, 🎨Creative, 😑Loner
    Social Media: 🐘@caerfinon@mastodon.social | My Stories: 🤷🏻🐕 Simmer Tales a comic look at Sims 4 | 🌐A Sim's Life - Comic observations
    My CC: 🎨 Jac related CAS and Build CC | 🖼️ Film Noir Wall Decorations | 👩🎨Pauline King Art
  • Options
    CaerfinonCaerfinon Posts: 633 Member
    Looking for that undiscovered country...

SWyouRP.png
    Cheers
    C.
    Traits: 🐶Dog Lover, 🎨Creative, 😑Loner
    Social Media: 🐘@caerfinon@mastodon.social | My Stories: 🤷🏻🐕 Simmer Tales a comic look at Sims 4 | 🌐A Sim's Life - Comic observations
    My CC: 🎨 Jac related CAS and Build CC | 🖼️ Film Noir Wall Decorations | 👩🎨Pauline King Art
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,964 Member
    @Caerfinon Jac is all of us @EA_Cade atm 🤣
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,929 Member
    @Caerfinon , as I said in your thread, can totally understand Jac :D

THERE MUST BE BACON!!!!
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,964 Member
    @Caerfinon , as I said in your thread, can totally understand Jac :D

THERE MUST BE BACON!!!!

I hope the bacon will be crispy 🥓
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,675 Member
    Do anyone know when the old content will be transferred to the new forums? I don't like being in this kind of vacuum. Nothing happens in this old place, and the new forum is basically populated by a few who work hard to build their forum status. I can't find the kind of threads that I normally would visit here...
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    SprottenhamSprottenham Posts: 1,144 Member
    edited March 14
    (...) the new forum is basically populated by a few who work hard to build their forum status. (...)

That.... sounds like a community I don't want to be a part of. Status never impressed me... but I wouldn't mind some extra bacon..

Post edited by Sprottenham on
    th1das9.png
    Sub blogs: #01 Sunset Valley. #02: Lake Onebega #03: Sprottenham #04: Bewickton
  • Options
    EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,929 Member
    Do anyone know when the old content will be transferred to the new forums? I don't like being in this kind of vacuum. Nothing happens in this old place, and the new forum is basically populated by a few who work hard to build their forum status. I can't find the kind of threads that I normally would visit here...

New forum is not even up yet. It opens at July. :)
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,675 Member
    edited March 14
    (...) the new forum is basically populated by a few who work hard to build their forum status. (...)

That.... sounds like a community I don't want to be a part of. Status never impressed me... but I wouldn't mind some extra bacon..

I think it's fine that someone fills that forum with threads, I just miss the old stuff :)

Uhm... but the AHQ has most of the sections and all sections have plenty of threads? Will that not be the base of the new forum?

I already posed there, and it works as expected. My only negative (besides the font, which I will grow used to) is that the forum doesn't seem to remember how many pages into a thread I already read *), so when checking the first 7 pages of a 40 pages thread, on my next visit I will need to start from page 1 - or keep track on my record on a paper next to my computer - which won't happen. Hopefully they will fix this very useful feature before July. And also the page menu on top of each thread, please, not only on the bottom line.

And - I'll take some of that bacon, thanks ;)

*) This seems to work differently today, so either they adjusted it or it depends on the sub forum perhaps. Anyway, July is in the distant future...
    Post edited by Simmerville on
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    FreddyFox1234FreddyFox1234 Posts: 509 Member

I think it's fine that someone fills that forum with threads, I just miss the old stuff :)

Uhm... but the AHQ has most of the sections and all sections have plenty of threads? Will that not be the base of the new forum?

I already posed there, and it works as expected. My only negative (besides the font, which I will grow used to) is that the forum doesn't seem to remember how many pages into a thread I already read, so when checking the first 7 pages of a 40 pages thread, on my next visit I will need to start from page 1 - or keep track on my record on a paper next to my computer - which won't happen. Hopefully they will fix this very useful feature before July. And also the page menu on top of each thread, please, not only on the bottom line.

And - I'll take some of that bacon, thanks ;)

AHQ is pretty clunky to use. I have the same problem in it frequently taking me back to page 1 of a long thread that I've looked at lots of times. Plus it's always logging me out, so it's quite a process to actually get to the page I want, even when I make use of bookmarks. The notifications being only be email isn't great either. It all makes this forum seem like the up-to-date modern one, because it's so much easier and quicker to navigate.

But AHQ isn't going to be our new home (thankfully). I don't know whether threads there will be the basis of the future forum. Hopefully though the new forum will work more like this one than like AHQ. In the meantime, I've been using AHQ a bit as a way of coping with this weird situation where I'm not sure if this forum is going to feel like it's winding down, given the fact that any posts from now will be lost after July. It's all a bit strange and I just hope the new forum will definitely open in July and not get delayed.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,883 Member
    edited March 14
    @Simmerville if you go into your profile and settings you can hide the top XP authors. I don't believe you'll be able to give or receive XP.

Settings
    Preferences
    XP

Screenshot-20240314-092718-2.png

Champion, Hero, and Guardian ranks are not included in XP leaderboard.

• Options
    SprottenhamSprottenham Posts: 1,144 Member

Yeah, no activity is fine as long as it's genuine activity and not to gain "popularity points" or whatever. I have made sure that I have an account there, but I haven't spent to much time there, so maybe I was quick to judge, but where this place feels like it has the potential to feel like home, like camping in someones living room, the AHQ to me feels more like walking into some kind of public office because you have an appointment and need to talk to someone about some issue.. not a place to kick back and relax... get in, get your answer, get out..
    th1das9.png
    Sub blogs: #01 Sunset Valley. #02: Lake Onebega #03: Sprottenham #04: Bewickton