Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you have the cart button ingame? πŸ›’πŸ’’

Comments

• Options
    Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,331 Member
    edited March 2
    I haven't switched back to online mode so haven't got the update patch yet obviously. Since more than just mods were broken, plus that silly cart button now, I'll likely stay offline for awhile. Only shame is not being able to see or use people's creations in the Gallery. Sad that a modder has to make an "add-blocker" for Sims 4, heh!

Which, come to think of it, is a bit ironic since I actually like looking at packs, kits, and news when I start up the game, before getting in and playing.
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• Options
    haisinhaisin Posts: 948 Member
    Unfortunately I have it. I have decided not to click it, even if that would remove the small blinking light it has. My plan is to completely ignore it and I wish it will be removed. Luckily it is on the upper right corner so when I play I don't focus on it too much.
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    Mine hasn't blinked or pulsed once yet, lucky me! :D

I don't really notice it, even if I look up in that corner I am focussing on other things. It would drive me nuts if it was blinking or pulsing, however. Then I would be mighty stroppy.
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    I'm so blessed that I don't have that annoying button. However, I'm a vanilla PC player & have almost all the packs/kits. ;)
  • Options
    pvrescue1pvrescue1 Posts: 61 Member
    Updated my game this morning. Don't have it.
    he/him Β· read my substack
  • Options
    Lenny_OggLenny_Ogg Posts: 3,696 Member
    edited March 2
    Are the options of the poll this misleading or does really no one own less than 50% of the packs? ΓΆ.Γ–'
    It's the same on tumblr...
    8209b5628491753a3414a9c74d4243614748e9e0.pnj
    d70aead6bd57d9113e587b03ecffce84b09267d0.jpgThe Boys 2 - Therapy Game πŸ›Ί A Dramedy 🚢🏼🚢🏻🚢🏽🚢🏽 The Boys πŸ₯‡ Their first year - A Dramedy πŸš€ Lost In Space - A Space Opera 🐎 The Stables - A Horse Drama
    🎁 Best of Buydebug β˜ƒοΈ Short trips to the Oggiverse - Short Clips 🎬 My Builds: Houses 🏘 Rooms πŸ›‹ SciFi πŸ‘Ύ creatively edited Screenshots 🎨
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,676 Member
    Got it, but it is not pulsating, so I could not care less. Will never click it, though, and I do not really see the point of having it because we all know when we want a new pack, and exactly where to find it without the cart button.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    JALJAL Posts: 1,041 Member
    Which, come to think of it, is a bit ironic since I actually like looking at packs, kits, and news when I start up the game, before getting in and playing.

That's the thing, I do too! Even when I'm not shopping for something new, I usually take the time to look through the things I don't yet have (even though I've done that a bunch of times before). But a cart IN game? That's just insulting. Mine didn't blink, but had that annoying little light from the calendar. What is worse is the text line underneath. I'm so grateful I play on PC and can opt out through mods.

Moreover, I advise that the cart button must be destroyed!
  • Options
    KnukleurKnukleur Posts: 17 Member
    I've always had a non-blinking/pulsating cart icon, before and after the patch. Could there be differences depending on whether we've enabled links to social media or the gallery? Also, "cart." Whenever I've bought multiple packs with the EA "app" on Windows, I have to purchase each separately, there's been no "cart" function like I'm used to at Steam. Does the cart button actually enable a cart function in the EA app? Gee willikers! That increases my enthusiasm to buy more...oh wait, no, I take that back. Never mind! How long before I can use the button to order a T-shirt or a subscription to Disney+?
  • Options
    SAEldarinSAEldarin Posts: 428 Member
    edited March 2
    I have the button and it is non-blinking/pulsating. My thoughts FWIW:

At first, I thought, hmm...maybe I can give this a go. The icon for the cart is - to my eye - a little bit too large compared to the other icons and my eyes are immediately drawn to it. However, maybe this would fade as I get "used" to seeing it.

Well, I can honestly say that I tried to be as open-minded as I can be, given that I hated the idea of the cart from the first moment I heard of it. And, after fully updating/repairing my game, and logging in for the first time since 2/24, I can say that I HATE the cart. I keep wanting to click the space of it to go to the gallery or wherever, but instead I'm forced to navigate around that new button -- which does NOTHING for me in the game.

There's a cart on the EA launcher. Surely that will suffice? I mean, anytime I'd go to purchase a pack in the game itself, the game would minimize itself to take me to the purchase page. What actual GOOD does that cart do in the game itself? Save me a click? I think not. How many of us go into the game and purchase a pack? It doesn't seem convenient at all, given we need to then download said pack and (hopefully) repair to be safe.

Yea, I tried. I tried because I would be (pleasantly) surprised if EA removes the cart. I tried because surely I could come around to what's spoon-fed me from EA's hand (I have to this point...bugs and all)?

Nope. I stand my first impression of the cart: PLEASE REMOVE IT!
  • Options
    flauschtrudflauschtrud Posts: 242 Member
    JAL wrote: Β»

That's the thing, I do too! Even when I'm not shopping for something new, I usually take the time to look through the things I don't yet have (even though I've done that a bunch of times before). But a cart IN game? That's just insulting. Mine didn't blink, but had that annoying little light from the calendar. What is worse is the text line underneath. I'm so grateful I play on PC and can opt out through mods.

I also sometimes browsed the kits and looked at the item lists. But afterwards I noticed that I would get pop ups asking me to buy exactly the kits that I have been looking at... So, yeah, I won't be using the main menu any more to learn about packs, but get this information elsewhere :|

I'm also shocked to read here that some people even get text messages with the button... Do you have a screenshot? So far mine "only" has the light (sometimes, not always).
    I make gameplay mods! You can find them at CurseForge.
    My first attempt at creating a Sims comic: The Parker-Goth Legacy.
  • Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    I just recently treated myself to the remaining kits I didn't have and then I won a copy of the latest SP. I wasn't in a rush to patch but all of my mods were updated or not broken. No clue if the cart would show up or not as I immediately updated Better BuildBuy.
    i7-13700K β€’ 16GB β€’ RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    blueyblueskyblueybluesky Posts: 1,373 Member
    I don't have it and I have all of the packs
  • Options
    Ersa_MiddletonErsa_Middleton Posts: 697 Member
    edited March 3
    lol I come back after a short break only to see EA has escalated their monetizing predatory scheme.
  • Options
    FurAndYarnFurAndYarn Posts: 459 Member
    I don't currently have it... and it shouldn't exist to begin with... but as someone who plays with hundreds of mods, one more to remove it won't hurt.
    Explore the story of my over 50-generation legacy family!
    z5lD0kSm.png
  • Options
    jooxisjooxis Posts: 515 Member
    option #5 I guess - refuse to update to the new pacth so I dont know if I have it
  • Options
    NightwalkerArkanisNightwalkerArkanis Posts: 272 Member
    edited March 4
    I don't know. Apparently, not everyone gets the button, did I understand that correctly? It's a test for... something? (my bets are on future games)

But after all the warnings from those who suffer migraines and other visually-induced health issues (why this doesn't get EA to immediately remove the abomination that is that shopcart button with a big fat apology from the ones responsible, I don't know), I'm not taking any chances with my own migraines.

And I'm not of fan of be it people or companies that constantly try to pressure me to buy stuff. I know there are packs I don't have. Not gonna get them because of an intrusive icon. I make my own decisions, pushing this in my face will just have the opposite effect. That button will not get into my game without a fight.

What do we want to get rid of: The holiday bug, the constant showering and the weed glitch.
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,977 Member
    Button is there, but it’s not flashing. When I push it, it said there is nothing to see. Probably because I didn’t push the cart til I bought the last 3 packs. I own everything now. The non flashing button does not really bother me.
  • Options
    cornflake88cornflake88 Posts: 368 Member
    I had the cart with the update. I do not own all the packs. It stopped flashing when I clicked on it. It doesn't flash at all since the e-patch. To be honest it doesn't bother me, it's just there.
  • Options
    kerryemmiebethkerryemmiebeth Posts: 400 Member
    edited March 4
    I own every single pack and kit but I still have the cart icon and the game is fully updated.
  • Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,236 Member
    edited March 5
    I don't have it because I didn't update my game since For Rent.

I hope it will be disabled by an option like the in-game store in TS3
  • Options
    ZiafarZiafar Posts: 704 Member
    I do not have it even if I patched my game. For those of you who are not afraid of mods Twisted Mexi made one that gets rid of the cart
  • Options
    manicobsessivemanicobsessive Posts: 1,111 Member
    I haven't updated my game yet. I'm not buying Crystal Creations until the distorted sims issue is fixed, so I feel no need to update yet. When I do update I'll be using the mod to remove it if it animates though.
  • Options
    AngeliqueAdelaideAngeliqueAdelaide Posts: 1,033 Member
    I haven't updated since before For Rent and I am in no hurry to risk my working, button-free game. I own about 75% of the packs, and the ones I don't are so because I don't want them/they are currently too bugged/they haven't gone for sale yet. An annoying (hopefully no longer vibrating, because that's the last thing my ADHD brain needs) button is the last thing that would make me buy anything. In fact, getting it shoved to my face might make me reconsider buying even the packs I had originally intended to get at some point.
  • Options
    Sara1010PSara1010P Posts: 891 Member
    I have the button, but I play offline all the time, so it doesn't flash or blink for me. I honestly sometimes forget it is there.