Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Journey To Batuu Positive Thoughts Thread

Comments

• Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,984 Member
    Do Knights of Ren ride side saddle because of their robes?

d57d787137820f1e6ced14714d281b2fa4f3b19e.pnj

e13d6c7c59209c99882075aa1d519e31ccccf9a9.pnj

0eea26d8c7aa1f4a461148ebc608de8de337af5f.pnj

Sooo, this all started with the "Which aspirations do play the least" thread, when I noted that I had yet to complete a Batuu aspiration, despite playing the pack quite often. I started a Batuu themed save and when I got Horse Ranch a week later, it was only natural to combine the themes. Beasts of burden are a common sight in Star Wars frontier towns, so I think my "Batuu-hooves" (grey one: thoroughbread variant, brown one: work horse variant) fit the setting. No cc was used (just a teleporter mod to get them to Batuu).
    I made a Batuu sim with a dog, and was so disappointed when she couldn’t taker her dog to Batuu with her. Unfortunately, I don’t use mods.
  • Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,345 Member
    Since we don't have a sarlacc, how about a monstrous flower instead? Meet Godmother, an ally of the First Order, who is in charge of an infamous prison my sims might or might not end up in (depending on which faction wins aka finishes their questline first).

Godmother executes an alleged rebel:

9baf0713254dd312c94b42a78bd61273df10e371.pnj

And in a conversation with the Governor:

7963cb9f97beeaa9630ca373f5164832f2c1e24d.pnj

I first put her into the central flowerbed with TOOL, but to be interactable the lady has to sit on the ground. She's not meant to be a permanent fixture of this district, just visited for the executions and then returned to her domain.
  • Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,467 Member
    7963cb9f97beeaa9630ca373f5164832f2c1e24d.pnj

Well now Godmother, that's one impressive looking lightsaber! :D
    She just looks perfect in this setting!
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,688 Member
    Wow, that's so cool!!! And I have not even greeted her in that lab yet... there's just sooo much to do! I decided to visit Sixam first, but that was already 2 years ago and my sim is not read yet :lol:
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,130 Member
    Motherplant in Batuu. I've always wondered what planet she was from. Now it makes sense. :p:D
  • Options
    She looks incredible on Sixam, with all the blue there, but the "sentient plant ruling her domain through possessed puppets" concept fits really well into Star Wars.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,907 Member
    I am absolutely blown away by the creativity in this thread. @EnkiSchmidt this is awesome! Love it!
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,971 Member
    But how will nooboos contact Mother now since they're not allowed in Batuu? : (
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    My Black Spire's First Order district now has an evening school courtesy of a misunderstanding.

35aaad92c7516f0882740ba33821af3dee9afee6.pnj

The localized quest text says:
    "The locals don't understand what a lucky break our being here is for them. Give them an education, maybe then they will appreciate us more... and join us."

The german phrase used was "bilde sie aus", what means "train them to get a degree" and so I was surprised when the actual quest steps included only "recruit two sims into the first order" and "report back", with no task whatsoever relating to mentoring in a skill or training together.
    Then it hit me that "bilde sie aus" might have been a mistranslation. Maybe the original quest text had read "educate them", as in "educate them about how good First Order rule is for them"? No classroom session at all required in this case, just a couple of deep conversations! The correct translation in this case would have been "kläre sie auf" (engl. "enlighten them") instead of "bilde sie aus" (engl. "give them an education") - they're two different things.

Or maybe I'm overthinking this, it wouldn't be the first time.

In any case I'm patiently waiting for Lt. Agnon or Kylo going ballistic on my poor sims for misinterpreting their instructions.

Good point. I've not played a First Order path so can't say what the English version is but have a feeling you're correct. Great screenshot! Would be a worthwhile addition to that side of the pack quests.
  • Options
    She looks incredible on Sixam, with all the blue there, but the "sentient plant ruling her domain through possessed puppets" concept fits really well into Star Wars.

You've got some great shots! You may be onto somthing. If there was a way to blend the packs
  • Options
    Made a discovery last weekend. Using debug, put an X-wing onto a regular lot for my techno/rocket/robot geek sim to try. Took off just fine but came back with the X-wing smoking and sparking courtesy of a Battu type chance card. Not long afterwards a Batuu alien shows up, runs through my sim's house out to the back yard. Like, where did he come from? There's not supposed to be any sim cross-over (actually, there is as the letter carriers arrive in Batuu regularly and on one occasion one of my own sims showed up.). Followed the guy, and found him at the X-wing making repairs. Turns out he's a Resistance mechanic sent to fix the aircraft. I've no idea if something similar would happen with either the 1st Order ship or the Falcon (which is huge).
  • Options
    edited January 21
    off topic but I just misread this thread title as "Journey to Positive Thoughts" and I'm 💀

time to hibernate Simmingal
    maybe tomorrow you'll have eyes
  • Options
    edited January 25
    So there's that sim I adopted, Coral. She plays a role in the Resistance questline and I took her for a randomized sim, seeing that she had the Loyal trait, that didn't exist when Batuu released. Turns out Coral is actually a premade, because I found several renders of her at Carl's website as well as her mentioned by her full name, Corra Arrel (that by the way sets off the profanity filter) on reddit:

d3f7d58b6a1afb46d9c02c6582932e33ad1106dd.pnj

Coral is supposed to be a defector, but in my game the scenes played out in a way that made her unbelievable, so I declared her a First Order supporter who wanted to trap my sim. She's currently serving time in an open air prison at Mua Pel'am.

Tell me about your Corras, please, everyone who played this questline!

Post edited by EnkiSchmidt on
  • Options
    HaflingerHaflinger Posts: 974 Member
    Since we don't have a sarlacc, how about a monstrous flower instead? Meet Godmother, an ally of the First Order, who is in charge of an infamous prison my sims might or might not end up in (depending on which faction wins aka finishes their questline first).

Godmother executes an alleged rebel:

9baf0713254dd312c94b42a78bd61273df10e371.pnj

I first put her into the central flowerbed with TOOL, but to be interactable the lady has to sit on the ground. She's not meant to be a permanent fixture of this district, just visited for the executions and then returned to her domain.

Zoiks! It's Abeloth! (aka The Mother ... goes with the rest of the Mortis Gods. And maybe what is calling to Baylan Skoll because ohnononononono-we-don't-want-it-to-be-Waru-please-no-Filoni-don't-do-that-to-us!)

Granted, I'd stopped reading the Expanded Universe/Legends by the time Abeloth showed up, but she could very well resemble a giant alien flower.
  • Options
    @Oldeseadogge Oh, good catch! I do have a TIE-echelon that came with a military base I downloaded, but so far only ever used it for story screenshots. Will need to try to make it crash to see what happens.

@Haflinger I admit I'm more of a casual fan, so I had to google that. Love all the possible connections!

And on to the daily attempt to break the game...

265bee595fab2e3bcdd717cc51651812a3f68973.pnj

Winter in Black Spire is pretty much like in my hometown: What little snow comes down has no chance to settle because of the heat cloud the buildings give off :( I used MCCC, but wouldn't recommend this, because it forces townies to run around in panic and some rebels also changed into ill-fitting cold weather outfits.

38c94d96484383b02181df4a3a495d4e72121f4d.pnj

Left to right Hux, Savi (who exists in the form of a portrait in the lightsaber challenge rabbit hole, but I wanted him to be interactable), Finn and Poe. Savi by myself, the rest from the gallery.
  • Options
    We always knew this was a landing pad, right?

2030906ad6f5526aa9e411ebe1fa752a51c80aa6.pnj

The TIE was placed on the uppermost vacation rental (Jungle bungalow?) and then brought over with TOOL. Ironically it was easier to place than the tents my sims brought in their inventories.

ec364c4dc9ed8a9d2ea8740934327ad5425d5610.pnj

These are actually my Resistance sims swooping in to hinder my Knights of Ren sims from reaching the temple. I enjoy my sims infighting, so the Batuu pack with its three factions scratches that itch perfectly.

c7ecb90bd54ecee7e229987a7c7ded24ce5ac7f0.pnj

They narrowly avoided ramming the emotion tree.
  • Options
    and here I thought it was for the lion king simba scene so very foolish of me
  • Options
    Simmingal wrote: »
    and here I thought it was for the lion king simba scene so very foolish of me

I'll put a sign that displays launch times, so no lions will get harmed. Just avoid the 22:15 to Black Spire and the Pride is good to present its little princes and princesses :)
  • Options
    My phase and subsequent spamming of this thread still persists. Want your droid to follow you in the regular sims world, too? Just shift-click and "activate follow protocol" will appear as an option. I tried it in Newscrest and Forgotten Grotto.

I do have AllCheats, though, so can someone playing vanilla confirm this works?
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,462 Member
    My phase and subsequent spamming of this thread still persists. Want your droid to follow you in the regular sims world, too? Just shift-click and "activate follow protocol" will appear as an option. I tried it in Newscrest and Forgotten Grotto.

I do have AllCheats, though, so can someone playing vanilla confirm this works?

@EnkiSchmidt Yes, it worked for me! I have a few mods installed, just MCCommand and a few little tweak mods, but not AllCheats, so I would think this works for anyone. Thanks for sharing, this is awesome!
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    edited February 5
    This is less “positive thoughts about JtB” and more “positive thoughts about combining dlc”:
    8b42604a7bb0361c8fd4c3dc0a3cfc282b71c613.pnj

I finished the questline and aspirations for each of the three factions. Looking at the time the sims needed, the Resistance player won, so I gave the rebels rulership over Batuu and then made my favorite First Order sims (three premades and three random townies) playable. Together with four of my own sims, who had supported the FO, they got taken to Mua Pel’am detention center. I’ll check for rehabilitation every round with my politician sim (via “discuss politics”).

During their exile, Lt. Agnon decided that the officers should pair up and raise the next generation with the First Order values. Corra at first agreed, but the relationship didn’t made it to the end of the round. Nevertheless I now have three stable couples of (hopefully redeemable) Team Evil trying to play the long game.

(Note: In order not to break anything, my Rey, Kylo and Agnon are copies of the npcs, the originals are still untouched.)

a3b149c8b7d0fae331c3e58c40c370d46fd79737.pnj

The only FO sim to avoid Mua Pel’am was Kylo Ren. He and two companions raced against two of my rebel sims through the Selvadorada jungle/temple in search of a wayfinder. Kylo had my sims limping on their last legs, since I cheated him up to spellcaster master, but then he got hit by a selvadoradan curse that made him unnaturally cheerful (including a temporary costume change to a bright orange tacky vest).

05e4fc850b9107d4fc9cba3116d790e8a6ec8d25.pnj

At this point I brought in more canon characters from the gallery – and discovered that putting karaoke machines into the cantina makes for great screenshots, but a terrible cacophony. (The machines are invisible in the screenshot because of the fade out feature while zooming, no mods involved here.)

Left to right Rose Tico, Finn FN-2187, Poe Dameron, Rey Palpatine and Armitage Hux (temporary ally).

f14a428764ea53dd1f7536e33d2cf8e8e9cbe8a5.pnj

If you ever wondered why so many kyber crystals turn up in Black Spire, look no further than the Forgotten Grotto!

Finn, Rey and Savi are force-sensitive (=spellcasters) in my game. Savi helped Finn create his first lightsaber and urged Rey to quest for her personal crystal. While at it, he also created what I call sportsmanship lightsabers for the others.

Everyone and their droid owning lightsabers might deflate the symbolism behind those weapons, but that’s just how things are in Black Spire at the moment. (And in fact my sims perceive it exactly opposite: the more lightsabers in use in town, the more hopeful the locals grow).

bd3a8bb7f4b49bdcd2765c15d17979f7ae50c32e.pnj

The group then traveled to the ice planet Komorebi to retrieve the second wayfinder (the first Kylo had acquired in the jungle).

1e2226da6b7c7ff302793f4630ff25995991e559.pnj

Savi made my sims exomech suits, that I had hoped would allow them to move at normal speed regardless of weather conditions. In practice the suits are very unreliable on a snowy surface. “Go here” disables floating, but clicking another sim or initiating an activity has a high chance of activating the floating function.

Also, BB-8 is with the group. (The orange recolor was originally from MTS, but I modified the mod so that orange now overwrites red/purple instead of blue).

0ee88d44d72e6b1916034c18f2bb3461ffaf7353.pnj

After an encounter with the Knights of Ren (aka the premade sages), that my sims won, the Falcon hid at a tiny rebel base where their enemies hopefully wouldn’t find them. Here they need to upgrade their ship to be able to reach Exegol, following the instructions given by the wayfinder (ingame: build a rocketship and install the wormhole to Sixam).

It sounded simple, especially with Poe being only three skill points away from maximum. Little did I know…

122e38d1e785e9895a4a6c7fc236e269daf4788e.pnj

…that Poe would suffer from burnout at this point.

Being an adventurous sim, he constantly gets bored now when he so much as touches the rocketship. Since the tooltip mentioned Poe had performed that activity too often, I gave the team a day off. They rode the logging camp's horses (under the assumption that learning a new skill might placate Poe) to a pond in the forest, where they enjoyed some carefree moments at the campfire.

4a6f3668c6b6be0f7b098913a905160ffbc2437b.pnj

On the way back I got a touching screenshot of Finn taking the weakened Poe on his own horse (due to clipping – Poe’s black horse is still visible in some spots). If you look closely, you'll see that he caught a rash in the pond (a GTW disease).

I thought Poe was cured, that enough time had passed for him to work on the rocketship again the next day, but he seems to have enough of rocket science period. Maybe the high skill level is the problem?

It’s really sad. The movies present Poe as one of the “celebrity” heroes of the Resistance, and now he of all people fell into that dark hole. Given that this is a race against time (Team Kylo is working on their own wormhole), I can’t spare Poe from this task, as my best rocket scientist he has to trudge on.

To overcome the effect of the bored moodlet he gets regular pep talk from Rey (via the Wellness skill interactions, that make him focused) and slightly hallucinogenic mushrooms or focus berries. Basically medication and talk-therapy. It’s almost too realistic.
    Post edited by EnkiSchmidt on
  • Options
    We're back to the Moonwood, where I got this lucky shot:

a527ba242430f4ce3dbea52c6c5c26a50b0bb9a0.pnj
  • Options
    Meanwhile BB-8, Finn and Poe enjoy a shore leave at Tartosa.

8be3c2ef90c257d70873b3c10da34bc4a7e95456.pnj

More BB-8 beach adventure pics:

0e750003dc8b3de8a59e34fc113f197eb2e85e8b.pnj

You sure you want to do this, little buddy?

Sure, I'll be alright!

c4eda99b45392257573dee33cc189055f361ba86.pnj

Or so I hope.

df884ab7ad74ac341d5f9af351496af477bbbf5a.pnj

I really hope.

ab4001e13c75af7c9515f373a5667df4fd20221a.pnj

Finn? I better take him back to shore...

(At this point BB-8 couldn't move deeper into the water, so the game didn't allow Poe to swim. I parked BB-8 in the shallow water seen in the first screenshot, disengaged follow protocol and my sims could swim.

Next I'll try to get him onto a pool floatie, but I don't think it will work. I already know that droids can't get placed on chairs, the game always snaps them back to the ground.

• Options
    BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    It's been a minute but this thread still rocks! <3
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,462 Member
    We're back to the Moonwood, where I got this lucky shot:

a527ba242430f4ce3dbea52c6c5c26a50b0bb9a0.pnj

This is an amazing picture, lol