Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

🌟 Cape Albacore World Collaboration - Completed!

Comments

• Options
    texanskytexansky Posts: 1,347 Member

Mobile Home Challenge Entry

Name of build: texansky 10x10 challenge 2
    Lot size: 10x10
    Download link: texansky 10x10 challenge 2
    Total cost: §17,888

Front of home (Map F #77):
    front_2.jpg
    Back of home:
    back_2.jpg
    Overhead view floor plan:
    overview_2.jpg

Custard check:
    10x10_2_custard.jpg

Interior showcasing my design:
    Kitchen:
    kitchen_2.jpg
    Dining area:
    dining_area_2.jpg
    Livingroom:
    livingroom_2.jpg
    Bedroom:
    bedroom_2.jpg
    Bathroom:
    bathroom_2.jpg
  • Options
    soocoolsimsoocoolsim Posts: 6,262 Member
    Wonderful to see more new builds and entries rolling in.

@ciane , Sea Haven is a welcoming home all ready for a family to move in and enjoy. Interesting use of the different shutters. 😀

I really like how you expanded the interior space with ‘Livin Life’ and ‘Lovin Life’. Thanks for your entries.

All links have been added to page 1. Well done! 😀
  • Options
    Thanks @texansky , texansky 10x10 challenge 2 has been added to the list of entries. Well done! 😀
  • Options
    cianeciane Posts: 16,998 Member
    edited December 2023
    @texansky - I love that you flanked the stairs with fauna and added outdoor seating. I also love the pop of yellow the flowers make against the green. Inside, I love that you added an all-in-one - great use of space - and a desk under the loft bed. (I initially thought of that too, but I really hate the wasted time of sims climbing up and down, though they save time not having to make the bed!) I love your choice for the bed cover and those kitchen curtains. Nice!
  • Options
    SandraelleSandraelle Posts: 6,147 Member
    @ciane, Sea Haven is a really nice spacious home for a family and the exterior architecture is very attractive. I like the large open space on the main floor and the little play area on the upstairs landing. Great home! :)
  • Options
    Name of build: A Summer Fest (because it was summer when I saved it!)
    Map reference for your claim: A16
    Download link to your build: https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9571304

Cover picture:
    roof_up_original.jpg
    Custard screenshot confirmation no third-party Custom Content included in your build. Exempt - Vanilla folder
  • Options
    A Summer Fest looks like a fun place @ciane . Sims are sure to have a great time enjoying the activities each season. Link added to page 1. Well done! 😀
  • Options

Mobile Home Challenge Entry

Name of build: texansky 15x10 challenge
    Lot size: 15x10
    Download link: texansky 15x10 challenge
    Total cost: §26,442

Front of home (Map F #76):
    front_3.jpg
    front_3a.jpg
    Back of home:
    back_3.jpg
    Overhead view floor plan:
    overview_3.jpg
    NOTE: The lot on the exchange has the dining table and chairs moved 1/2 square closer to the kitchen counters because when I tested it, my Sim went from the left chair nearest the window and went clear around to the right instead of going left.

Custard check:
    15x10_custard.jpg

Interior showcasing my design:
    Kitchen:
    kitchen_3.jpg
    Dining area:
    diningroom_3.jpg
    NOTE: Dining table and chairs are closer to the kitchen counters in the uploaded lot.
    Livingroom:
    livingroom_3.jpg
    livingroom_3a.jpg
    Bedroom:
    bedroom_3.jpg
    bedroom_3a.jpg
    Bathroom:
    bathroom_3.jpg
    bathroom_3a.jpg
  • Options

@Puddinroy

I was getting the same network error as you when I tried to upload my 15x10 lot to the Exchange. My laptop came with Windows 11 and I use Google Chrome, so I didn't have Internet Explorer to clear cache, browsing data, cookies, etc. I cleared everything but the history in Chrome then opened up Edge and checked all the boxes to clear everything. As soon as I did that, I was able to upload my lot to the Exchange. I hope this works for you. I can't wait to see your entry.
  • Options
    IdahoGal65IdahoGal65 Posts: 85 Member
    Hi, I updated my MH challenge post to include interior shots in a spoiler. Loving looking at everyone's version of these shells.
  • Options
    @texansky - I like the pretty light yellow coloring. It looks like a very playable layout. It's great that you can seat 6 sims inside and have a chess set too!
  • Options
    @ciane, your festival lot looks great and there's lots to offer for all the seasons. I like the way you have it laid out with the octagonal building in the middle. :)
  • Options
    Thanks @texansky , "texansky 15x10 challenge" looks like a great home. Link added to the entries. Well done! :smiley:
  • Options
    edited December 2023
    Completed Build Submission Form

Name of build: Anchor Inn
    Map reference for your claim: 20 Snow Crab Court (Map A, #20)
    Download link to your build: https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9571537
    Download link to pictures: https://photos.app.goo.gl/LEPkSh7hYoAXYjeSA

Inspiration for this hotel came from several different real hotels located on Nantucket Island in Massachussetts. :) AND, yay Me....I only used 2 items from the store, a very rare thing in my builds, haha!

c3JK4O6.jpg

This charming and historic boutique hotel offers the perfect stay for relaxation on the island and can accommodate up to 60 guests. The property consists of three separate buildings with nine private guest rooms decorated in period-style furnishings. Each guest room has a different layout, is uniquely decorated and is equipped with a TV, a coffee maker, a mini fridge and a private bathroom. Some rooms also feature desks, balconies and fireplaces.

A courtyard patio welcomes you to the property featuring cozy seating and outdoor heat lamps for your comfort on those chilly nights. You’ll find the check-in desk and lobby in the main building, which features a spacious lobby living room with fireplace, a dominoes table and a computer desk. Six of the guest rooms can be accessed from the lobby and the other three guest rooms are located above the bar/restaurant building.

Amenities:
    • Anchors Aweigh Buffet Restaurant: featuring sushi, kids’ meals, breakfast, lunch and dinner with the option to dine inside or al fresco on the patio
    • The Undertow Bar: Bar, darts, juke box and arcade games (interior connects with Anchors Aweigh Restaurant)
    • The Mariner’s Library: a quiet place to play chess or read a book alongside the cozy fireplace
    • Fitness center: work out with treadmills, weight machines and training dummies
    • Small pool: private fenced pool with loungers and umbrella seating
    • Covered Hot tub and set to a hot temperature
    • Horseshoe pit
    • Bike racks and free car parking
    • Hidden resort towers in basement offering room service

Don’t forget to check out the cool aquarium in the Anchors Aweigh Restaurant.

Guest rooms: All rooms are named after 19th century whaling ships. See spoiler for pictures.

MAIN BUILDING (located in center of property)

JjLrRk2.jpg

OWNzbgt.jpg

5w3hoyj.jpg

GuYrPb5.jpg

CUKiGGc.jpg

iwhDSkD.jpg

BUILDING 2 (located above bar/restaurant with a private entrance)

ou2a6fn.jpg

vNTw6JQ.jpg

6TJT3K8.jpg

Custard Check:
    8KynVa9.png
  • Options
    @Sandraelle - nice, spacious, regal. Love the balconies and all the plants.
  • Options
    @Sandraelle , Anchor Inn is so impressive! From the exterior to the interior, your care and attention to detail is impeccable. Love the beautifully designed suites, each with their own special flair. Link added to page 1. Well done! :D
  • Options
    HidehiHidehi Posts: 1,109 Member

First of all thank you very much @ciane , @soocoolsim and @Sandraelle for your most appreciated comments on my 'Hammerhead Enterprises' lot :)

@All Participants, the Mobile Home Challenge has taken off to an amazing standard!!! Love all the entries that have been submitted. I find it fascinating that each one of you has so many ideas how to make a simple mobile home shell look fabulous inside and out.
    It will definitely not be an easy task to choose a favourite ...

@fatness1974 , Sims in Motion Inc is a great gym for Cape Albacore. Love the name, the colours, the pool and all the activities you have managed to squeeze in.
    It has been an absolute pleasure to create this world and it is so lovely to see it coming alive with everyone's awesome builds!

@soocoolsim your 'Starry Nite Drive-in' build is such a wonderful lot! The attention to detail is absolutely fabulous ... the 'call boxes' next to the parking lots seem so real and the way you have incorporated the large screen is perfect. Looks fantastic in game too! :D

@IdahoGal65 , Pufferfish Park is such a beautiful fishing spot. It looks like a lovely place for our sims to find a bit of peace and quiet and blends in nicely with its surroundings. :D

@ciane , Sea Haven is a gorgeous spacious family home. Love the open plan and that you've included all the toys for toddler skill building. I adore the artist nook! <3
    I'm so glad you've built us a beautiful Festival Park ... my tester sims have been constantly asking to go to the empty lot 😂.
    A Summer Fest looks such a fun place to head for in all seasons :D

@Sandraelle , wow! Anchor Inn is a gorgeous place just right for our sims to plan a getaway ... but which room to choose will be a most difficult decision, they are all so beautiful! Love the idea to name the rooms after old ships. Your decoration inside and out is as always impeccable! <3

• Options

Name of build: The Dock of the Bay

Map Ref: 88 Blue Marlin Parkway, Map B Lot#88

5gujbfy4t2dr.png
    A Hangout where your sims of all ages can hang out all day.
    There are plenty of things to do:
    Grab a book in the comfy lounge, use the hot tub, boogie till the early hours, surf the wave machine
    or just sit on the boardwalk and enjoy the view of the Bay.
    Hungry sims can either have a snack at the cafe by the harbour or visit the Chinese Restaurant for something more substantial.

Additional Picture
    wqo2o1l4rkoe.png

Custard
    25iklw6905la.png
  • Options
    edited December 2023
    ciane wrote: »
    @Sandraelle - nice, spacious, regal. Love the balconies and all the plants.
    Thank you very much @ciane! Appreciate your nice comments. I was thinking of you when I decided to try and limit my use of store content, hehe! :)

soocoolsim wrote: »
    @Sandraelle , Anchor Inn is so impressive! From the exterior to the interior, your care and attention to detail is impeccable. Love the beautifully designed suites, each with their own special flair. Link added to page 1. Well done! :D
    @soocoolsim, Thank you so much for your nice comments Paula! It was fun making every hotel room different and being able to make it more historical looking vs. modern. When building it, I was thinking of an old hotel that was renovated but kept it's 19th century style. :)

Hidehi wrote: »

:
    :

@Sandraelle , wow! Anchor Inn is a gorgeous place just right for our sims to plan a getaway ... but which room to choose will be a most difficult decision, they are all so beautiful! Love the idea to name the rooms after old ships. Your decoration inside and out is as always impeccable! <3
    @Hidehi, Thank you so much for your lovely comments. I got the idea for the room names from a real life hotel on Nantucket. I didn't use the ones they had, but instead researched them on old records I found of real whaling ships. Glad you liked it! :)

Post edited by Sandraelle on
  • Options
    @Hidehi, Wow, I love how your Boardwalk turned out. I've got it in game and it looks great!!! It looks so authentic with the little parking lot you had previously built across the street. And love the name you chose for it. Right away, I got that song in my head!! LOL Great idea to include so many activities for all ages, food options, the hot tub, etc! And I love that you added in the wave machine near the boat docks. I rarely think to use that, but what fun for them to use at this lot. Great job!!! :)
  • Options
    @IdahoGal65 , You've been busy writing another installment of the goings-on of Cape Albacore, so cool to read about. I can't imagine how much time that takes for you to play the game with all of the simmies, keep up with all the stories amongst them, write about them, take pictures and post everything. Kudos to you! :o:)
  • Options
    @Hidehi Love the name and that you have so much for sims to do there. I also like the simple black and white to the exterior of all the buildings. Nice layout too.

@Idahomom13 - So much drama in your game! Thanks for sharing.
  • Options

@Sandraelle and @ciane , thank you so much for your lovely comments on The Dock of the Bay! :)

I must admit it wasn't an easy lot to build on. First of all because of the very steep terrain and also because of a massive lot-tear along the road front which I just didn't see in CAW (blame my old age and bad eyesight for that ;)) and that definitely needed covering up with lots of vegetation :#

@IdahoGal65 , great to see a new link to another one of your fun to read posts about all the goings-on in Cape Albacore. Thank you for making us laugh :D
  • Options
    edited December 2023
    Dock of the Bay is such a wonderful hang out for sims @Hidehi . So many fun activities including the wave station and it’s nice you included a Chinese restaurant too. You did a great job working with the steep terrain. Link added to page 1. Well done! 😀

Edit… just placed in game. I love that outdoor cafe/lounge on the boardwalk and the way you laid out the boats. The landscaping is so lovely too.
    Post edited by soocoolsim on