Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

🌟 Cape Albacore World Collaboration - Completed!

Comments

• Options
    fatness1974fatness1974 Posts: 133 Member
    edited October 2023
    Yay! I am excited for a bowling alley. Now some of my other stuff that says it's installed doesn't show up. Oh well Lol It never stops!!!! SMH. The new build at 1 barracuda is getting there. couple more tweaks I think 😁 BTW, I love candy corn !! Yay
  • Options
    soocoolsimsoocoolsim Posts: 6,262 Member
    Yay, finally got a chance to go in game to check out all the recent creations. So great to see the world continuing to shape up!

@ciane, I love the interesting architecture and the exterior colours of The Strand. Very nice to have the window wells to let natural light into the basement. The main blue wallpaper pattern is so pretty with the mix of textures. The decor is calm and cohesive with the blues carried throughout the interior. Well done! :D

@Sandraelle , as usual with your builds, Red Lantern Lookout is super impressive with the attention to detail! With the outdoor activities and water view hangouts, sims living there must surely feel like being always on vacation. Cool idea for the fish cleaning station. Love the interior decor with the shiplap and pretty blue and white palette. The master bedroom looks like a lovely retreat. You surely nailed the coastal feel with this build. And the lighthouse feature is the icing on top. Well done! :D

I also moved the Dawkins family in and they are absolute darling. Little Noah is already so handsome and Holly so cute, I can't wait to see them age up. Of course, their parents are pretty cool too. Well done! :D

@IdahoGal65 , your Almost a Starter builds are great for sims starting out with a smaller budget. I'm partial to the Run Down version which is placed in my game. Very nice layout and I like how you utilized the cranny for the set of shelves near the front door. Love that we have a home to renovate as our sims can afford... it's going to be such fun! Well done! :D

@fatness1974 , I love the curb appeal of The Mallard with the interesting roofing and landscaping. The interior is also very charming with welcoming lived-in cottage appeal. A lovely home for a family. Well done! :D

@Hidehi, what fun for sims to visit Cuttlefish Mews! With so much to do, they'll never want to leave. I love how you integrated the grocery, cafe and theater rabbitholes. The plaza looks vibrant and enticing. Then adding on with the pub, washrooms and boutique finished it off beautifully. Another great multi-functional community build. Well done! :D

@ciane , again with Coastal Retreat I love the interesting shape and exterior colour mix. Very nicely laid out and decorated inside. A great home for a family. Well done! :D

@texansky , Sea Horse Estates is quite an impressive farm. Great curb appeal with the exterior details, colours and landscaping. Love that you were able to integrate the tractor, cows, horses, bees and other activities. Inside there's lots of room to house a large family upstairs and host gatherings in the open concept main floor. Well done! :D

@IdahoGal65 , it's certainly efficient killing two birds with one stone with CJ Shell Challnge #2 (cheat) 3! Very cute home and I love the unusual treatment of the wood flooring tiles on the main floor. Great how you made use of the layout with the angled walls and also made the randomly generated colours work. I like that you've partially enclosed the garbage... an option I often tend to forget. Well done! :D
  • Options
    IdahoGal65IdahoGal65 Posts: 85 Member
    ciane wrote: Β»
    @IdahoGal65 - I like that you added a garage in this rendition. I missed seeing the link. It's here:

https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9567238

Thanks! I swear my mouse is having fits! when I went to edit the link looked like it was there. Good news is my son stopped by yesterday and helped me set up a different mouse that actually works. I re-added the link to my post.
  • Options
    edited October 2023
    O dear, as I was adding my cutter back into the world, it seems in the last version I might have either inadvertently moved the location of the helm or the game decided to place it there, not sure.

It works, however you might wish to move it back to the top level and place in the right corner using "moveobjects on".

ijtj03xj4fih.jpg
    Post edited by soocoolsim on
  • Options
    SandraelleSandraelle Posts: 6,146 Member
    edited October 2023
    @soocoolsim, I can't remember if your helm was in the right location when I placed it, lol....but if it wasn't, it was an easy fix. I think I've experienced that before too, where the helm will be somewhere else when you first place it. Kinda the same thing I get with the resort hotel desk. When you place a hotel, it wants to put the desk somewhere random, lol.
  • Options
    That’s true @Sandraelle … I’ve noticed that with resort desks. Something to bear in mind when we place them indeed.
  • Options
    cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    Maybe that's why I had problems placing the household. The helm was taking up valuable real estate on the main level deck. I have noticed that whenever I nicely MOO a mailbox into a post, it never stays. So the helm must be like a mail box and is always made more accessible.
  • Options
    IdahoGal65IdahoGal65 Posts: 85 Member
    edited October 2023
    vj6av34o3dsc.jpg
    My third episode of Cape Albacore is available. Here's the link. You can also find it on the first page of this thread by clicking on my blog link.
    https://sims3addict248.blogspot.com/search/label/Cape%20Albacore
  • Options
    edited October 2023
    Hmm… I was still able to place the full 6 sim coastguard household with the misplaced helm… just that all sims needed to clear the ladder first for the pilot to move the boat. So maybe a no store replacement object might also have been a contributor.
  • Options
    Ha ha @IdahoGal65 , I checked out the latest instalment and enjoyed your delicious sense of humour. Part 3 link added to the Stories section on page 1. πŸ˜€
  • Options
    edited October 2023

Pelican's perch 1Baracuda Highway A1 / 40 x 40 / Residential / 1 Barracuda Highway / fatness1974
    6 bed/4 bath
    Coming SOON
    7bqrccgdtjpl.png
    5b8fnm4morde.jpg
    1qg2o4wqbf4l.jpg
    gk1u9euvaljq.jpg
    4sksw2i306xr.jpg
    Post edited by fatness1974 on
  • Options
    edited October 2023
    pya0y5byhsus.png

I'm not sure how to interpret this. It is complaining about .png files, which are images.

Should these errors be ignored? I have not downloaded anything from anywhere else, except a few patterns from the exchange.
  • Options
    @fatness1974 - Loving the looks! Did you know that if you go into build mode, into terrain paints, before taking the pics that the grid lines will not be there?
  • Options
    ciane wrote: Β»
    @fatness1974 - Loving the looks! Did you know that if you go into build mode, into terrain paints, before taking the pics that the grid lines will not be there?
    @ciane I did not know that. I am just learning how to do all this. so any advice is welcome.This custard thing is freaking me out and my husband is not helping lol
  • Options
    @fatness1974 - I just got a bunch of textured patterns in the install!
  • Options
    edited October 2023
    Ok so it looks like I screwed up. I am soooo sorry. I will delete and fix all that i guess
  • Options
    @fatness1974 - Just remove it from your studio. Go in and change the wallpapers. And try again.
  • Options
    @ciane I am Soo sorry I deleted every pattern I installed and I will fix this...I promise
  • Options
    @IdahoGal65 - That was quite the update. A friend of mine mentioned that she uses resetsim to return the sim home so kids can trick or treat.
    I have that problem a lot. I'll see the sims hanging out outside and send a sim over to talk to them to keep them there and they'll still have problems. So not worth the effort!
  • Options
    @fatness1974 , you managed to do a Custard check so well done! The .png lines are OK since they are the thumbnails. It’s the other lines that have flagged you included custom content. Once you remove the patterns, your Custard should only be showing the .png lines. If so, then your file is clean. Don’t despair, you’re on the right track. πŸ™‚
  • Options
    HidehiHidehi Posts: 1,109 Member

@soocoolsim , all I can say is WOW!!! Coastal Breezes Manor is a stunning build, the pool looks fabulous and all the colour coordinated bed- and bathrooms are awesome! It looks magnificent in game and is perfect inside and out! 😍

@ciane , Coastal Retreat is a beautiful home. I really like the use of different materials for the outside and the colours inside. And I love the sunroom!! <3

@texansky , with Sea Horse Estate you have created a most wonderful farm! So much to do including the tractor ride and very child friendly too. The build is so close to your inspiration and looks fab at 53 Sea Horse Avenue :D

@IdahoGal65 , that looks quite a tricky challenge but you've solved the rooms with the angled walls really well ... the kitchen turned out great!
    I enjoyed your 3rd Cape Albacore installment very much, especially Myra is a very interesting character πŸ˜‚

@fatness1974 , Pelican Perch is another lovely design and has great curb appeal. Keeping fingers crossed that Custard will give you the all clear with the next attempt :D

• Options
    edited October 2023
    O so I removed all the patterns I DL'd( so sorry, wasn't thinking as CC...DOY), and recolored things. did the custard and things look right. I can't remember how to Screen shot things so going to ask My resident IT guy for help again ❀. Here is the link... hesitant after the debacle.
    www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9567659 this is the fixed version after Ciane(thank you ) pointed out some flaws. phhheww
    1Baracuda Highway A1 / 40 x 40 / Residential / 1 Barracuda Highway
    Post edited by fatness1974 on
  • Options
    @fatness1974 - I love the soft colors and soft furnishings. That copula area is perfect! I live the nice wide pool and it's shape.

I think you missed recoloring all the siding on the non-garage side of the house and I think you may have extended your garage one tile by pulling it out or simply double clicked when placing an outside siding wall on the non-house side of the garage (or maybe that was just my doing when I recolored the house siding).

I also love that you added two easels. I rarely do that when I build a residential lot, though I often add another one later for artistic families.

It looks like it can easily accommodate even the largest of families.
  • Options
    @Ciane: nothing would surprise me at this point lol. πŸ˜«πŸ˜„πŸ™ˆπŸ™‰πŸ™ŠI don't usually do BIG lots as I tend to feel overwhelmed by the space. Branching out. I do mostly 20 x 30 or 20x20... Thank you for letting me know about everything. I will check it
  • Options