Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Walls up ⬆️ /cutaway ↘️/down ⬇️ - how do you play? 🏡

Lenny_OggLenny_Ogg Posts: 3,696 Member
Found this in the Sims 3 Category and thought this could be interesting.

(This poll is anonymous, no one will see what you voted for)

What do you prefer? 🏡

Walls up? ⬆️
ca804bf44d2b2b00c9b2bcacc68b367c415e5131.pnj

Walls cutaway? ↘️
816368a0e2a33bb93cb5526fc2c1aedd7cb80440.pnj

Or walls down? ⬇️
6ea22368196d800275165120dfa9652a00d763f2.pnj

EDIT:

The results from my simblr after one week
13229dda289d5ed840b90c1483c0615608c14642.pnj

And from this forum (from october, 20 until today, november, 07)
ccaca01b52b0889e51c45d8352e8869b0cda59e7.pnj

Twice as much wall uppers on tumblr ^^' but most of my mutuals there are posting about their sims/builds, so this might be the reason.
d70aead6bd57d9113e587b03ecffce84b09267d0.jpgThe Boys 2 - Therapy Game 🛺 A Dramedy 🚶🏼🚶🏻🚶🏽🚶🏽 The Boys 🥇 Their first year - A Dramedy 🚀 Lost In Space - A Space Opera 🐎 The Stables - A Horse Drama
🎁 Best of Buydebug ☃️ Short trips to the Oggiverse - Short Clips 🎬 My Builds: Houses 🏘 Rooms 🛋 SciFi 👾 creatively edited Screenshots 🎨
Post edited by Lenny_Ogg on

Walls up ⬆️ /cutaway ↘️/down ⬇️ - how do you play? 🏡 156 votes

Walls up ⬆️
16% 25 votes
Walls cutaway ↘️
72% 113 votes
Walls down ⬇️
11% 18 votes

Comments

• Options
    MrPlumbobMrPlumbob Posts: 334 Member
    For me, it depends. I voted walls up, since that's how I prefer to play, but it's not easy when you're playing in a house with small rooms, so sometimes I use cutaway view. Walls down is also helpful if I can't find a sim. (Happens more often than you'd think, when playing in a large mansion)
  • Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    Cutaway but walls up for screenshots.
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    babajaynebabajayne Posts: 1,866 Member
    I like to save camera positions in the most common areas so I can put the walls up and jump from scene to scene. It feels like I’m in the house. Otherwise, I use cutaway walls - never all down.
  • Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,343 Member
    Down for gameplay, but I take screenshots obsessively, and bring the walls up for them. Also for watching my sims close up when they eat or especially adorable interactions come up. But whenever it's just click-click-click-we have-a-checkmark-to-get, then the walls will be down and the camera will be in a position where I can see the whole lot.
  • Options
    MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,177 Member
    I know I'm the minority here, but I always play with walls down. I prefer to be able to see where my sims are. I know cutaway sort of gives you an option for that, but I find it annoying.
    I do put walls up for screenshots though.
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • Options
    mrs_starkeymrs_starkey Posts: 170 Member
    edited October 2023
    Walls always up, because I love my decorated rooms and I want to see all of it when I play. :) Cutaway view or walls down somehow break the immersion for me. Even in tiny homes I play with walls up. Most of the time I don't look at my Sims from above, I rather scroll the camera right into their room. It gives me the feeling that I'm closer with my Sims and really live with them.
  • Options
    FreddyFox1234FreddyFox1234 Posts: 509 Member
    I voted for cutaway. I would prefer to have walls up all the time, but for most rooms in my sims’ houses that doesn’t work, so cutaway is the next best thing. Every now and then I’ll put the walls back up to remind myself of how the room really looks and for better immersion. I hardly ever have walls down completely, so would only use that temporarily, for building or looking for something/someone. I think playing with walls up works better in TS3.
  • Options
    TebanGreenTebanGreen Posts: 54 Member
    I genuinely use all three. Depends on the build and size of rooms etc. With round rooms I have to play with walls down otherwise nothing in the room works.
  • Options
    blueyblueskyblueybluesky Posts: 1,373 Member
    For play it's a mix of down and cutaway and for screenshots they are up.
  • Options
    manicobsessivemanicobsessive Posts: 1,111 Member
    I play with walls down. I just find it the most convenient way to play.
  • Options
    PandoraTOPandoraTO Posts: 438 Member
    Cutaway most of the time. If I'm in a big, open room or only tracking one sim around a building, I might keep the walls up. Definitely walls up for screenshots.
    Gallery ID: PandoraTO
  • Options
    amber_ilumireamber_ilumire Posts: 1,714 Member
    Oh, always cutaway! I love to be able to see what’s going on without the hindrance of walls (unless I’m zooming in to take a screenshot bc, you know, aesthetic! :D), but I don’t often go for walls down bc I still like to see some of the decor. I don’t spend time hanging all those paintings for nothing! :D
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,585 Member
    I like to be able to see what's going on, so I play with walls cutaway. However, most of the time, if I can get the shot I want, I will put the walls up for a better screenshot.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    SweetieWright_84SweetieWright_84 Posts: 4,129 Member
    Like others said, cutaway for play, up for screenshots.
    Gallery ID: SweetieWright_84--Save File Thread--Youtube Channel
  • Options
    EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,930 Member
    Cutaway, always up for screenshots.
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Options
    Lenny_OggLenny_Ogg Posts: 3,696 Member

It's 'walls up' - always. I have far too much fun decorating to put them pretty walls down 👩‍🔧
    For me, 'walls down' kind of ruins the whole atmosphere I created.
    Plus I take screenshots all the time, so. ^^'
    de0be1a4b1431a611c2ef836aec0412a0b3a4ecb.pnj
    d70aead6bd57d9113e587b03ecffce84b09267d0.jpgThe Boys 2 - Therapy Game 🛺 A Dramedy 🚶🏼🚶🏻🚶🏽🚶🏽 The Boys 🥇 Their first year - A Dramedy 🚀 Lost In Space - A Space Opera 🐎 The Stables - A Horse Drama
    🎁 Best of Buydebug ☃️ Short trips to the Oggiverse - Short Clips 🎬 My Builds: Houses 🏘 Rooms 🛋 SciFi 👾 creatively edited Screenshots 🎨
  • Options
    WildIrishBansheeWildIrishBanshee Posts: 2,105 Member
    Cut-away, with walls up for screenshots if I can. Down occasionally, if I can't find something.
  • Options
    bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,378 Member
    I use open concept floorplan most of the time. I do use cutaway for the bedrooms and bath but love it when the walls are up. I don't have many distractions that way. :)
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,430 Member
    Cut away for gameplay (+90% of the time) and walls up for most screenshots.
  • Options
    LeucosiaXLeucosiaX Posts: 1,610 Member
    edited October 2023
    I play with walls cutaway most of the time. I only use walls up when I film, take photos or if I want to enjoy the first person view of a build.
  • Options
    fruitsbasket101fruitsbasket101 Posts: 1,530 Member
    edited October 2023
    Cutaway for the win. I never bother to decorate my houses so walls up is just a hindrance. Walls down just looks weird to me.
    Have a super fantastic awesome splendid amazing day! -TheQxxn
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,965 Member
    edited October 2023
    idk I feel like functionally I use all the modes same amount but I like it the most when I can have walls up and get close view of my dear sims doing whatever be it dying in their pool or making cupcakes

exception being when my sims woohoo then I tend to backdown as far as I can to pretend I am just a dude on some cloud unable to see inside houses and just watch passerby or birbs or something instead
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    becks1112becks1112 Posts: 919 Member
    Cutaway 99% of the time.
  • Options
    DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,860 Member
    Almost always up. There are moments where I'll use cutaway walls, but it's really rare. My preference for walls up is one of the biggest reasons I make rooms bigger than most do when I build my own lots.
  • Options
    PuzzlingMysteryPuzzlingMystery Posts: 155 Member
    Primarily I play with walls cutaway.