Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Awesome aspriration reward traits πŸ†

Lenny_OggLenny_Ogg Posts: 3,696 Member
Usually I don't care much for aspirations and the reward traits. I'm mostly into story telling and building.
But for my last build, the wine and cheese cellar, I remembered that there was a trait which prevents food from spoiling -
The 'Fresh Chef' trait!
The other trait rewards from the food category are pretty useful too.
9c96063e77c45e5342fbfdcc4a27e9cdc6179da0.jpg

So we can store our cheese in the shelves now - awesome!

f85df80e01830585b906664b7d853ed56a1e54a8.jpg

Which aspiration traits do you usually go after and think they're awesome for your way to play?

There is also a list with the aspirations and traits on Carl's Sims 4 Guide (not fully updated).
d70aead6bd57d9113e587b03ecffce84b09267d0.jpgThe Boys 2 - Therapy Game πŸ›Ί A Dramedy 🚢🏼🚢🏻🚢🏽🚢🏽 The Boys πŸ₯‡ Their first year - A Dramedy πŸš€ Lost In Space - A Space Opera 🐎 The Stables - A Horse Drama
🎁 Best of Buydebug β˜ƒοΈ Short trips to the Oggiverse - Short Clips 🎬 My Builds: Houses 🏘 Rooms πŸ›‹ SciFi πŸ‘Ύ creatively edited Screenshots 🎨
Post edited by Lenny_Ogg on

Comments

• Options
    Katofhyrule12Katofhyrule12 Posts: 749 Member
    I often cheat in traits.equip_trait trait_Dauntless from the teen Live Fast aspiration. I don't like the narrow path to Dauntless that focuses on dating and disobedience instead of alternatives like extreme sports and surviving a rags-to-riches childhood. I don't need to use the trait as much as I just like to see it listed for certain Sims for storytelling purposes. And I do think it encourages me play the sim more adventurously knowing it is there as backup.

https://simscommunity.info/2022/07/30/every-trait-and-fear-in-the-sims-4-high-school-years/

Dauntless

From Completing the Live Fast Aspiration

Dauntless Sims always live life to the fullest and the Grim Reaper has a soft spot for dauntless pleas during matters of life and death. Risky fun sure has its perks.
  • Options
    edited August 2023

So we can store our cheese in the shelves now - awesome!

I hate that Master Chef is only available to Adults. I have never tried to cheat the Fresh Chef trait to a teen, but I am tempted to try it. It is a very handy trait to have for storytelling purposes.

The last update has been really tough on Mods and I have been looking at the available traits more creatively to see how I might be able to replace mods and CC with combinations of cheats. The Fresh Chef trait is a gamechanger for some stories.

• Options
    @Katofhyrule12 It works with the cheat, Kiyoshi is a teen
    f225173a85d1aac50947efc88e14e4060fd1fd48.jpg
    d70aead6bd57d9113e587b03ecffce84b09267d0.jpgThe Boys 2 - Therapy Game πŸ›Ί A Dramedy 🚢🏼🚢🏻🚢🏽🚢🏽 The Boys πŸ₯‡ Their first year - A Dramedy πŸš€ Lost In Space - A Space Opera 🐎 The Stables - A Horse Drama
    🎁 Best of Buydebug β˜ƒοΈ Short trips to the Oggiverse - Short Clips 🎬 My Builds: Houses 🏘 Rooms πŸ›‹ SciFi πŸ‘Ύ creatively edited Screenshots 🎨
  • Options
    @Katofhyrule12 It works with the cheat, Kiyoshi is a teen

I also tried it with a teen and I can also confirm that it works! This a gamechanger for an offgrid teen Sim. Thanks for starting this thread!

• Options
    permanentrosepermanentrose Posts: 3,789 Member
    I like being able to write the "Book of Life" with the author aspiration. You can fill up the needs of the sim bound to the book, so it's nice for filling up other sims in the household's need bars.

The hidden grilled cheese aspiration is just a fun one to do in general, and it is useful to be able to summon a grilled cheese at any moment too.

It's cool that you can earn interest on your household funds with the fabulously wealthy aspiration, but I will say that by the time I achieve that aspiration, usually my sims are bringing in enough money regularly so it's not as helpful as it could potentially be starting off.

I love the option to instant upgrade with the nerd brain aspiration. Definitely one that is a helpful time saver when upgrading household items.

More than aspiration traits, I love being able to purchase reward traits for my sims, because so many of them are so useful in helping with need decay and skill gain and just other random little things that make game play so much more enjoyable in my opinion.
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,463 Member
    There are a few reward traits I really like. I like the following traits for my sims. You have to earn them all through gameplay but some of them are technically not aspiration reward trait.

- Fresh chef, like others have said it is really helpful
    - top notch toddler : improved skill gain
    - scouting aptitude : also improved skill gain from reaching the top of the scouting hobby
    - responsible from maxing character values with parenthood. Sims always work hard, sometimes they automatically complete daily tasks
    - good manners from character values : friendly introduction is great for starting friendships with strangers
    - grilled cheese for those sims who like to do adventure like exploring the jungle
  • Options
    Teslachick2Teslachick2 Posts: 442 Member
    I usually go for Fresh Chef, Handy and Webmaster and Gregarious reward traits because Handy unlocks the instant upgrade and insta repair options. Webmaster is useful for my ambitious and need sims, Gregarious is great for building relationships quicker.
    I regret some of my life choices.
  • Options

Took the time today to look into a few other trait rewards.

This one comes in very handy for my hissing vampires since their friendships drop a lot because of this.
    (I hope I got the description right ^^' or is it just that you don't loose a relationship when it's low?)
    2b70cfcb2b860a6bb837507be9edf4fdafa5c2c3.jpg

They live all together and all their friendships bars are full, except those with the two vampires...
    dd2e1d2823835e0cf177bb258e3523519143f27f.jpg

I hope this counts for horses too(?)
    698daa1a99879e0f3664008522deb2732e20e35d.jpg

Oh my this will help a lot!
    d876027d4b08784009bc4b81d8575da326ef0c3b.jpg
    d233d470ca46a59df2f7b883e97bf6e74442acdd.pnj

This one I took for the wildlife attacks. The thing about the weather seems awesome too.
    cc503f0077fe742baba6b70ebd3718fa342eaba0.jpg
    tumblr_pxrwtj4yn71sdrnnoo1_540.jpg

This is the cheat to complete the milestones:
    aspirations.complete_current_milestone
    Imo this is faster than picking the cheat for each trait.
  • Options
    edited September 2023
    @Lenny_Ogg I was just thinking about this thread! I am so glad that you posted in it. I do not want to use any mods in Sims 4 anymore, so I am being as creative as possible with the cheats. Some of the aspiration rewards are unexpected and can be used for gameplay that doesn't involve the aspiration. Some rewards are most effective when paired with another reward. I don't think we have fully explored how much we can use cheats to replace mods.

I have started using this cheat. I am not sure the exact cheat. I have seen it listed a few ways and I tried it a few ways before I saw it listed. I do not want to use the complete milestone cheat for teens, because I do not want the game to register "become an adult" or "Join a career".

Professorial (Renaissance Sim Aspiration) traits.equip_trait Chronicler

This reward allows a sim to write skill books for any skill they have maxed. Teen authors should be allowed to write skill books.

In the Sims 3, The Renaissance Lifetime Reward is to max out THREE skills. For Sims 4, I am requiring my teen to complete the Renaissance aspiration up to "become an adult", to max SIX skills, and to have reached at least level 8 of the Author Aspiration. I am probably requiring too much. I intend to write lists of requirements for the other "become an adult" aspirations.

• Options
    EneroDesyembreEneroDesyembre Posts: 64 Member
    I almost always give handy to my sims whenever I want to take care of cottage living animals. The instant upgrade action that comes with the perk lets you skip the really stressful grind for animal upgrade parts so it saves a lot of time