Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Vivaland vs Project Renee

Comments

• Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Multiplayer alone kills this for me to bad because it does not look bad.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,205 Member
    ChadSims2 wrote: »
    Multiplayer alone kills this for me to bad because it does not look bad.

It will have an offlinesingle player mode.
  • Options
    Vivaland info from discord.
    1no open world

Me: FLUFF! well... so much for that... :s
    If you are interested in challenges; check out the Reincarnation challenge right at this link! here! | If you want spectator mode; go to this link. (for sims 3) here
  • Options
    rjssimrjssim Posts: 1,340 Member
    I still like the the graphics of TS4 better. The characters look better in this than they do in Life by You, but the cartoony sims in TS4 just look better. I've said it many times, but I am really interested in seeing what the sims will look like in TS5. Since it looks like they are going with a more realistic look, I hope the sims themselves are going to have a lot of detail and not look cheap 3d or clay-like or. That's why the sims in TS4 just look so much better IMO. Rather than trying to look real and ending up looking like clay or cheap 3d, they look like cartoons and that style just looks good and can continue to look good for many years.
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    edited September 2023
    I could be totally wrong about this but I heard about this a while ago and I thought it was found out that the creator behind this was the same one that made the people of mulberry,which turned out to be a scam and he had people paying on patreon.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    edited September 2023
    I could be totally wrong about this but I heard about this a while ago and I thought it was found out that the creator behind this was the same one that made the people of mulberry,which turned out to be a scam and he had people paying on patreon.

That is not true.This is a team of eight people.
    They have a steam page.I saw videos on their patron.They show some live mode.
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member

That is not true.This is a team of eight people.
    They have a steam page.I saw videos on their patron.They show some live mode.

Oh okay!
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    Aeroprincess87Aeroprincess87 Posts: 6,419 Member
    edited September 2023
    They just announced that they are releasing a free build/buy demo next spring.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/2606170/Vivaland_Dream_House/
  • Options
    passionfruitpassionfruit Posts: 186 Member
    I'm interested in this! Will it be available on Mac?
  • Options
    simmeroriginsimmerorigin Posts: 1,418 Member
    I'm interested in this! Will it be available on Mac?

No. You can use Parallels or Bootcamp, though.
    z13pevc3tywz.png
    He/him | Simmer since Sims 1 | Active Sims 2 wants-based rotational player, Sims 3 legacy player | My gameplay rules via PleasantSims | Bring back challenge and depth to the Sims: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17959464/#Comment_17959464
  • Options
    bizuktagbizuktag Posts: 552 Member
    I'm glad Sims has competition, because it's healthy and can drive good game development. But I'm yet to be wowed by almost any of the other games that are on the horizon. I'd really love a trailer that shouts "hey, this is a life simulation game", rather than "hey, this is a house building game".

I know it's early for all of these games, but it feels an awful lot like developers trying to convince me that their tools for frosting a cake are the best, and forgetting the cake itself. All the curved walls and free cushion placement (the frosting) don't mean much to me if the actual gameplay (the cake) isn't a strong foundation to begin with.
  • Options
    bizuktag wrote: »
    I'm glad Sims has competition, because it's healthy and can drive good game development. But I'm yet to be wowed by almost any of the other games that are on the horizon. I'd really love a trailer that shouts "hey, this is a life simulation game", rather than "hey, this is a house building game".

I know it's early for all of these games, but it feels an awful lot like developers trying to convince me that their tools for frosting a cake are the best, and forgetting the cake itself. All the curved walls and free cushion placement (the frosting) don't mean much to me if the actual gameplay (the cake) isn't a strong foundation to begin with.

To be fair building it is what is work on first.
  • Options
    EleriEleri Posts: 553 Member

Not to mention, in initial development The Sims actually started out as a building game, a follow up to Sim City where you were designing houses instead of cities. The sims themselves were created later on as a way to score the building based on how easily these AI characters could navigate the spaces. I remember The Sims base game still had architectural scoring mechanisms as a vestige of that.

I sometimes wonder if EA will create a spinoff to the Sims that's more like the the original concept. I think that would actually be popular given how many Sims 4 players are builders. I just hope, if they do that, that it's a spin off and that the main series continues to offer a lot for those of us who spend most of our time in Live mode.
    -No, my almost-elderly mother, I don't think it's a good time for you to try for a baby.
    -Yes, person I barely know, you have my blessing to hang out with Johnny Zest.
    -No person with the mean, hot-headed and self-absorbed traits, I don't think you should get married.
  • Options
    bizuktagbizuktag Posts: 552 Member

They can work on whatever they want first, but that doesn't mean that's what they need to market first. I'd like a life simulation game to show me there's more to it than building houses. And I think they'll all (not just Vivaland) need to show they have more to offer to really pull in the audience that Maxis has cultivated with the Sims franchise.

• Options
    bizuktag wrote: »

They can work on whatever they want first, but that doesn't mean that's what they need to market first. I'd like a life simulation game to show me there's more to it than building houses. And I think they'll all (not just Vivaland) need to show they have more to offer to really pull in the audience that Maxis has cultivated with the Sims franchise.

What I'm trying to say build mode is always the first and most complete to show.When it's closer they show the characters.Live mode is always the last thing that is work on.
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,970 Member
    I feel the 2024 date may be a place holder as I feel there will be some delays down the road.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    EdieApplebyEdieAppleby Posts: 134 Member
    Looks bad, like a sims ripoff. These people need to stop trying to remake the Sims and build their own game from scratch like Paralives.
  • Options
    Looks bad, like a sims ripoff. These people need to stop trying to remake the Sims and build their own game from scratch like Paralives.

There not trying to remake the sims? There trying to make three own game.
  • Options
    WrathSixxWrathSixx Posts: 33 Member
    Well I certainly like the look of it! The multiplayer part doesn't interest me at all, and I would be put off playing a game like this with other people, but the fact you can use a solo mode and go offline...I'd definitely try it out :)

I didn't even know this was a thing!

• Options
    edited November 2023
    I don't consider Vivaland to be a direct competitor of PL/PR/LBY/IZ ... It's real-time multiplayer. Reminds me more of Second Life.
    He/him | Simmer since Sims 1 | Active Sims 2 wants-based rotational player, Sims 3 legacy player | My gameplay rules via PleasantSims | Bring back challenge and depth to the Sims: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17959464/#Comment_17959464
  • Options
    I don't consider Vivaland to be a direct competitor of PL/PR/LBY/IZ ... It's real-time multiplayer. Reminds me more of Second Life.

They have a singlenplayer mode as well and Renee has multiplayer as well.
  • Options
    edited November 2023

I didn't realize. Still, I rarely see people mention VL in the same sentence as PR/PL/LBY/IZ. I feel like we've seen even less of it than Rene.

VL is also coming out in 2024. I will definitely try. I am in buoyant spirits to potentially have a life simulation game to play that is not abandonware (Sims 1-3).
  • Options
    edited November 2023

I didn't realize. Still, I rarely see people mention VL in the same sentence as PR/PL/LBY/IZ. I feel like we've seen even less of it than Rene.

VL is also coming out in 2024. I will definitely try. I am in buoyant spirits to potentially have a life simulation game to play that is not abandonware (Sims 1-3).

Sims 3 you can still buy and the store is still on.I wouldn't consider abandon.
  • Options
    edited November 2023

Sims 3 you can still buy and the store is still on.I wouldn't consider abandon.

Maybe, but there is no real support for it anymore, and it's not the current iteration. So I don't know what term I should use to describe the Sims 3. It would be nice to play a life simulation game that is a live service that receives new DLC and bug fixes and is modernized for today's computers.