Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Vivaland vs Project Renee

Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,330 Member
Vivaland is an upcoming multiplayer life simulation game.Being released in 2024.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PlyTJRglQso&ab_channel=Vivaland
Steam Page
https://store.steampowered.com/app/1976830/Vivaland/

Post edited by Horrorgirl6 on

Comments

• Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 36,381 Member
    edited September 2023
    I hadn't heard of this one.

Vivaland is the first life simulation game built with multiplayer in mind from the ground up.
    Every household in Vivaland is controlled by real players around the world!

Also real time.

https://vivalandgame.com/
  • Options
    I hadn't heard of this one.

Vivaland is the first life simulation game built with multiplayer in mind from the ground up.
    Every household in Vivaland is controlled by real players around the world!

Also real time.

https://vivalandgame.com/

To be fair there is not too much information.I posted their first trailer .I am glad were getting so many new life simulation games . Like Life by you,Paralives,Tiny Life and now Vivaland
  • Options
    Aeroprincess87Aeroprincess87 Posts: 6,422 Member
    They were at Gamescom, but I didn't really see much on them. I do like the graphics though. It sits squarely between Life by You and Paralives.
  • Options
    simmeroriginsimmerorigin Posts: 1,483 Member
    edited September 2023
    It's very pretty, but it seems very building-focused at this time.

I hope at least ONE of the four games (Rene/PL/LBY/VL) will have an aspiration meter with robust Wants and Fears that are tied to the characters' personalities.
    He/him | Simmer since Sims 1 | Sims 2 wants-based rotational player, Sims 3 legacy player | My gameplay rules via PleasantSims | Bring back challenge and depth to the Sims: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17959464/#Comment_17959464
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,594 Member
    It's very pretty, but it seems very building-focused at this time.

I hope at least ONE of the four games (Rene/PL/LBY/VL) will have an aspiration meter with robust Wants and Fears that are tied to the characters' personalities.

It did say there will be careers, skill building and epic multiplayer events, though not sure who will want to play them in real time.
  • Options
    CharlieBleuCharlieBleu Posts: 177 Member
    It kinda looks like what Sims 4 would have wanted to be. The world seemed small at this point though.
    Feel free to add me to your Sims 3 friend list! I'm DMCharlie2017
  • Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,468 Member
    edited September 2023
    It reminds me a little Signiti aka People of Newbery
    Vivaland

Headquarters : Budapest, Hungary
    Year founded : 2022
    Business size : 1-10 employees
  • Options
    edited September 2023
    > FAQ
    WHO IS MAKING VIVALAND?

The development team currently consists of 4 people and we've worked in the game industry before.
    Some members of the team have also worked on the Sims 4 Multiplayer Mod.

WHICH PLATFORM ARE YOU PLANNING TO RELEASE THE GAME ON?

We are aiming at PC first, but since Unreal Engine supports consoles, too, it's also a possibility in the future.

WHAT LANGUAGES WILL BE SUPPORTED?

Starting with only English, but we might add other languages later on.

• Options
    Vivaland

Well unlike signiti this is real .
  • Options
    edited September 2023
    Vivaland

Yes but 4 people doing a game in 2 years seems to be unrealistic (from 2022 to 2024).

Paralives team with 11 people and Paradox with more people didn't make it in 4 years (From 2019 to 2023).

Tiny Life development was done in 2 years by 1 person (From 2021 to 2023) but it's not a 3D game.
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,766 Member
    edited September 2023
    Thanks for sharing, I had hoped that more people would make life simulation games, this is looking impressive for a first trailer. It's nice so see cozy games and life simulation games becoming more popular.
  • Options
    edited September 2023
    Well, it's very similar to The Sims maybe perfect for the "MMO" Multiplayer community.

Tiny Life, Paralives and Life By You are single player games.
    Post edited by LeGardePourpre on
  • Options
    Well, it's very similar to The Sims maybe perfect for the "MMO" community.

Tiny Life, Paralives and Life By You are single player games.

It's not a mmo though.Its multiplayer the only people there will be your friends that you invite.MMO is a complete public server.
  • Options
    edited September 2023
    Vivaland

Yes but 4 people doing a game in 2 years seems to be unrealistic (from 2022 to 2024).

Paralives team with 11 people and Paradox with more people didn't make it in 4 years (From 2019 to 2023).

Tiny Life development was done in 2 years by 1 person (From 2021 to 2023) but it's not a 3D game.

It depends on the person education.This is definitely not a scam. Due to the fact they have a steam page.
  • Options
    edited September 2023
    Vivaland

It depends on the person education.This is definitely not a scam. Due to the fact they have a steam page.

I don't mean a scam.
    I meant 2024 seems to be impossible like Paradox did by announcing an early access in September 2023 (postponed to March 2024).

I don't expect a game before 2025 or 2026 at least.

Note : the lead game designer was an university student in 2021, this game is his first job.

It doesn't make me think they have a lot of experiences in game development but as TS4 modders they may understand better the needs of the players.

FAQ
    YOU STARTED A FEW MONTHS AGO, AND YOU ALREADY HAVE SO MUCH PROGRESS? YOU ALSO PLAN TO RELEASE THE GAME NEXT YEAR? IT SOUNDS LIKE A SCAM TO ME!

Our previous projects and research work makes it possible for us to work this fast. Game development processes are often very ineffective, but we do our best to optimize our workflows. The planned release of 2024 is still an estimate, however, we're really proud of what we achieved in this little time.
    Post edited by LeGardePourpre on
  • Options
    Vivaland

I don't mean a scam.
    I meant 2024 seems to be impossible like Paradox did by announcing an early access in September 2023 (postponed to March 2024).

I don't expect a game before 2025 or 2026 at least.

Note : the lead game designer was an university student in 2021, this game is his first job.

It doesn't make me think they have a lot of experiences in game development but as TS4 modders they may understand better the needs of the players.

FAQ
    YOU STARTED A FEW MONTHS AGO, AND YOU ALREADY HAVE SO MUCH PROGRESS? YOU ALSO PLAN TO RELEASE THE GAME NEXT YEAR? IT SOUNDS LIKE A SCAM TO ME!

Our previous projects and research work makes it possible for us to work this fast. Game development processes are often very ineffective, but we do our best to optimize our workflows. The planned release of 2024 is still an estimate, however, we're really proud of what we achieved in this little time.

Oh sorry I misunderstood.
  • Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,047 Member
    edited September 2023
    Noticed the color wheel, option to turn off the grid in object placing, and the less that smooth sim movement. The argument animations looked a lot like TS2 ones. The overly giggly narrator did mention play solo at the beginning. Don't like the build mode popping sounds. Looks promising but that 2024 date seems overly optimistic.
  • Options
    Oooohhh! another challenger has arrived to challenge the sims 5, this will be interesting.
    If you are interested in challenges; check out the Reincarnation challenge right at this link! here! | If you want spectator mode; go to this link. (for sims 3) here
  • Options
    Noticed the color wheel, option to turn off the grid in object placing, and the less that smooth sim movement. The argument animations looked a lot like TS2 ones. The overly giggly narrator did mention play solo at the beginning. Don't like the build mode popping sounds. Looks promising but that 2024 date seems overly optimistic.

Well in that favor they don't seem to be adding anything to new.Like conversations,or any lot placement.So it could release late 2024.
  • Options
    edited September 2023
    Vivaland info from discord.
    1no open world
    2.There planning to add multiple ages
    3.vialand has now 8 team members and a publisher.
    4. VIvaland launch will be early acess and will be just the main game
    5. They planning to have a lot updates
    6. They want seasons as well
  • Options
    Sarah26CatSarah26Cat Posts: 171 Member
    1no open world
    2.There planning to add multiple ages
    3.vialand has now 8 team members and a publisher.
    4. VIvaland launch will be early acess and will be just the main game
    5. They planning to have a lot updates
    6. They want seasons as well

Hmm, Initially I saw the trailer and my reaction was like, "That's going to be a headache, trying to build with other players doing the same thing on a lot." But if it is just by invite only, this may have an audience.

Project Rene should pay attention here. They're putting all their eggs into the "We have multiplayer" basket. They won't be the only game out there to cater to that type of player.

It is worth keeping an eye on, though I still doubt I will be the type of player they aim for, It'll be interesting to watch.

So many different 'Sims type games' are being worked on right now. I remember ten years ago it was near zero. The best we had was similar, if you squint really hard. And that was most likely imaginary because I can't really remember any names. I'm wondering if some legal thing expired. Some type of copyright thing which would have prevented them from doing anything similar to TS1. Either that, or the business is starting to see potential in our community.

• Options
    Another thing there is a single player mode and that mode can be play offlline.
  • Options
    I think it's because technology and the success of the sims.Makes companies want to invesr?
  • Options
    Sarah26Cat wrote: »
    Hmm, Initially I saw the trailer and my reaction was like, "That's going to be a headache, trying to build with other players doing the same thing on a lot."

Basically it's what the Minecraft players already do for years.
  • Options
    Aeroprincess87Aeroprincess87 Posts: 6,422 Member
    1no open world

Well that's both disappointing and a huge no for me. Thanks for the info.