Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Unpopular Opinions (Project Rene/Sims 5 + Other Life Sims)

OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
Didn't see one already so I wanted to make an unpopular opinion thread for discussions on Project Rene and the other upcoming life sim games. :)

Comments

• Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,883 Member
    I'm in no hurry for Project Rene.
  • Options
    simmeroriginsimmerorigin Posts: 1,401 Member
    edited June 2023
    I'm in no hurry for Project Rene.

I really wish that were the case for me :D It looks like quite a few more years before this is going to be released; if only I received enjoyment from the currently active generation of TS4!

My unpopular opinion is that I'm not freaking out about the free-to-enter/play business model.
    He/him | Simmer since Sims 1 | Active Sims 2 wants-based rotational player, Sims 3 legacy player | My gameplay rules via PleasantSims | Bring back challenge and depth to the Sims: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17959464/#Comment_17959464
  • Options
    BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    My unpopular... confession, really, was that I never expected Sims 5 / Project Rene to be anything I would be interested in even before seeing the latest previews.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    My unpopular opinion is that newer isn’t always better & personally I really don’t care about having another version of Sims where it takes up too much storage, needing to always be online, needing to upgrade windows & having a new game apps that disrupts the game. No thanks. I’ll stick with my Sims 4, I’ve put way too much hours on it & paid way too much for it to bother with anther version.
  • Options
    WildIrishBansheeWildIrishBanshee Posts: 2,105 Member
    So far, I'm not seeing anything in Project Rene that excites me. As it stands right now, LBY will be getting my money come Sept, and we'll see beyond that.
  • Options
    ProvidentiaProvidentia Posts: 25 Member
    The only thing I am excited for in project Rene are the color wheels and swatches. If they were an expansion pack for TS4 I would get that and never bother with sims5
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    Unpopular opinion for project rene: I want 10 more years of sims 4 before I even think about a sims 5.
    Have not seen enough about it to form any deep opinions and it's too early to mull over what may or may not be.

Paralives: I honestly don't believe it's a real game. I think the devs are selling a dream to desperate simmers and it either will never come out, or release many years later without being half of what the sims is.

Life by you: uhhhhhhh..... idk how to put this nicely so I won't say much but... 😅😅😅 it's just very very badly made, to a point I still can't believe they released that last video. I watched it multiple times just to be sure if what I was seeing was true.
    And my back still hurts from the way that character watched the action movie poised at the edge of the couch with the 2d picture stuck on the screen and his feet sinking into the floor. And the way the videos are constantly cut or fast forwarded to hide how bad it is. There is no transition between animations and they tried to be so generic that there is no style or individuality. So even the girls walk in a weird gender neutral way that looks super unnatural. But one of the most shocking things was the conversation between characters because that was advertised to be a unique distinctive feature that I initially found very interesting. Now I see why they don't show us a nice 5 or 10 min video focusing in the dialogue features.
    I would cut them a break if it was a tiny team like paralives but I was under the impression that this is a pretty big known company?
    I could point out 100 off things about it in a single video. And if sims 4 did any of those things simmers would be coming for the devs in outrage. But life by you gets praised for those things. Really weird. Life sims are possibly the hardest most complex games to do well so I try to take that into consideration.

Anyway, don't come for me 😅😅😅 this is my unpopular opinion. And nobody is wrong for liking or enjoying whatever they enjoy! 🥳
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    Aeroprincess87Aeroprincess87 Posts: 6,417 Member
    Unpopular opinion, but I'm still not convinced this game wont be even more restrictive than the Sims 4 in terms of creativity. I forsee almost everything being behind a paywall, including CC with EA acting like some kind of virtual mobster that makes CC creators upload items to their online store while forcing them to give them some of the profits on the back end.

With that said, I have returned to Sims 3 until Life by You releases in September. Then, the EA app will probably be getting erased from my PC.
  • Options
    BethTS4BethTS4 Posts: 111 Member
    Sims 5: I can wait many-many years. I'm totally fine with Sims 4 as long as they keep fixig the bugs. I don't want to start over everything from 0 with a base game when I have a game with a ton of content that can entertain me.

Life by You: I'm not interested because I can't see how that game would give me more. It looks SO BAD I want to scream at my computer.
    NGNB-8EuRwCJ0he-_czY2g.png
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    What might not be popular with a lot of people might be popular with others:

The game might be overly inclusive of gender and society roles so much that it might feel unrealistic for a lot of players.
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    Michael_PattrickMichael_Pattrick Posts: 31 Member
    Life by you: uhhhhhhh..... idk how to put this nicely so I won't say much but... 😅😅😅 it's just very very badly made, to a point I still can't believe they released that last video. I watched it multiple times just to be sure if what I was seeing was true.
    And my back still hurts from the way that character watched the action movie poised at the edge of the couch with the 2d picture stuck on the screen and his feet sinking into the floor. And the way the videos are constantly cut or fast forwarded to hide how bad it is. There is no transition between animations and they tried to be so generic that there is no style or individuality. So even the girls walk in a weird gender neutral way that looks super unnatural. But one of the most shocking things was the conversation between characters because that was advertised to be a unique distinctive feature that I initially found very interesting. Now I see why they don't show us a nice 5 or 10 min video focusing in the dialogue features.

Was there a recently released video with additional gameplay footage? I'll have to check it out!
    From what I remember in the original announcement, the graphics didn't blow me away but know they weren't final.

As a TS3 lover, I am very intrigued by LBY so hopefully this new footage doesn't also repel me :#

• Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,964 Member
    edited June 2023
    Most unpopular opinions of all:

• I have no interest in other life simulation games besides The Sims

• I have no interest in TS5 if its the same old packs for 5th time kind of game 4times is enough, really.

• I have no interest in game without occult
    and no amount of customization tools is gonna change that

• in short I remain uninterested in whatever it is unless theres dragons on my screen

• I don't actually want them to add any of the old premades if they make new iteration of sims because their lore is spaghetti already I would rather have new families and new stories to play after ts4
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    Lady_BalloraLady_Ballora Posts: 786 Member
    BethTS4 wrote: »
    Sims 5: I can wait many-many years. I'm totally fine with Sims 4 as long as they keep fixig the bugs. I don't want to start over everything from 0 with a base game when I have a game with a ton of content that can entertain me.

Life by You: I'm not interested because I can't see how that game would give me more. It looks SO BAD I want to scream at my computer.

Life By you is still in early access,and it looks like they're working on improving the graphics. Besides,good graphics don't always make a great game. Untitled Goose Game had mediocre graphics,but quite a few people still loved it and played it. Gameplay is what should be important to a game; if a game doesn;t have enjoyable gameplay,then why should people play it? Look at Anthem: From what I heard,it has great graphics,but the gameplay is bad. As long as Life By You has great gameplay,I'll play it.
    Why do you hide inside these walls?
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member

Was there a recently released video with additional gameplay footage? I'll have to check it out!
    From what I remember in the original announcement, the graphics didn't blow me away but know they weren't final.

As a TS3 lover, I am very intrigued by LBY so hopefully this new footage doesn't also repel me :#

If you keep an eye on their YouTube channel they post videos fairly often. The latest being the 30sec. Conversation. The worst being (in my opinion) the manage needs video.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,234 Member
    edited August 2023
    My mine is very unpopular … The Sims 4ever :p !

There is no reason to wait for 5, 10 or 15 years for a full game with pets, seasons, tropical paradise, snowy, mountain, ...
    Everything is already available in The Sims 4, just Maxis need to go further NOW !

I mean I have been waiting for this content since 2006 so it's now with TS4 or never !
  • Options
    Ninja-Dan22Ninja-Dan22 Posts: 117 Member
    My mine is very unpopular … The Sims 4ever :p !

There is no reason to wait for 5, 10 or 15 years for a full game with pets, seasons, tropical paradise, snowy, mountain, ...
    Everything is already available in The Sims 4, just Maxis need to go further NOW !

I mean I have already been waited for this content since 2006 so it's now or never !

I love the sims 4, but the engine isn't very good, so now with all the content installed it doesn't run as well. I think that is why people are excited for new games, becuase they might have better foundations. No matter what sims 4 adds, they are still limited by the game engine unfourtunatly, so I don't know how much longer they can keep adding stuff to the game. I'll still play it anyway since I still play 2&3, they don't stop being good just cos a newer game is made.
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    but the engine isn't very good, so now with all the content installed it doesn't run as well.

There is no limit to the content (CAS and B/B), the game is already able to manage tons of CC.

Even if the engine can't handle more features and complex gameplay like Bust The Dust, it should still work well with simple gameplay/premium item like Hot Air Balloon, Pinball or Slot Machine.
    Post edited by LeGardePourpre on
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    Another unpopular opinion :
    The Sims FreePlay designed as a PC game by Firemonkeys Studios would be better for me than The Sims Project Rene and the other games.

From what I saw, Firemonkeys Studios is very creative.
  • Options
    EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,929 Member
    I find the text based dialog is killing all interest what I had for LBY. To me , characters look so bad just staring each other with no lip movement.
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Options
    I find the text based dialog is killing all interest what I had for LBY. To me , characters look so bad just staring each other with no lip movement.

Paradox is probably working on lip movement already. Life By You is still being worked on,and it's not going to have a whole lot of things yet.

• Options
    EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,929 Member

Paradox is probably working on lip movement already. Life By You is still being worked on,and it's not going to have a whole lot of things yet.

That may be, but talking is still text dialogs.
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Options

That may be, but talking is still text dialogs.

Maybe Life By You will do what the classic game Tomodachi Life did: Have both voices and text speech. It worked for Tomodachi Life,and it could work for Life By You as well.

• Options
    TheSpotted_CTheSpotted_C Posts: 293 Member
    Actual unpopular opinions in the broader online Sims community/fandom: I actually don't care for LBY, as I was never a Sims 3 fan or a Rod Humble fan. The graphics look hideous. Paralives looks better, but so far it just seems like a rehash of The Sims, with lower graphics on the sims themselves. I think it's hilarious that people keep sayings Renee is ripping off Paralives when Paralives is itself, basically a ripoff of The Sims. So, yeah.

I'm probably going to buy Sims 5 and keep being a Sims fan, and I can't wait for everyone who doesn't like Sims anymore to move on to LBY and Paralives.
  • Options
    passionfruitpassionfruit Posts: 180 Member
    I'm actually thrilled about the free to enter/play model for Project Rene/The Sims 5 as I'm interested in a lot of up-and-coming games that aren't free.