Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Appaloosa County

Comments

• Options
    CeresInayCeresInay Posts: 37 Member
    The Gallery is so random, I like it a lot lol.
    What does Ethan have?
  • Options
    TamijoTamijo Posts: 1,072 Member

CeresInay wrote: »
    The Gallery is so random, I like it a lot lol.
    What does Ethan have?
    Thanks, he got a harmless but tenacious viral infection of the respiratory and digestive systems, fairly rare among Sims and unknown to humans.

My active stories: Appaloosa County..*.. Sinful Sisters.....*.....Earlier stories:..*..Survivors the River..*.. A Memoir of Grace "Slick" Joplin
  • Options
    PalmArrowPalmArrow Posts: 4,329 Member
    Is nurses visiting patients at home a real thing that happens by itself in your game? If it is, which mod does it come from? It sounds cool!
  • Options
    Sadly it just the babysitter, I use as nurse. The narrative is not necessarily always what actually goes on in the game, if another explanation makes more sense.
    My active stories: Appaloosa County..*.. Sinful Sisters.....*.....Earlier stories:..*..Survivors the River..*.. A Memoir of Grace "Slick" Joplin
  • Options
    edited August 2023

The weather continued to be fine, during the first days of November, sunny with temperatures around 13-15°. Ethan was getting better quite fast, now eating normally. He would soon be able to attend school again.

c0IG4w1.jpg

Kenji’s PC broke down, he fixed it without hesitation. A good sigh that he might want to improve on his repair skills. Either that or he just can’t live without gaming.

Dtxfzdo.jpg

You can say a lot of bad stuff about Kanoa, but when it comes to Dean, he takes his fair share of the workload.

RSIhpou.jpg

During the end of the first week of November it was getting significantly cloudier and colder. Even with long sleeves and vest, Benjamin got cold playing with Ralston in the front yard.

sjOhak9.jpg
  • Options

Then the real bad weather came, hail, thunder and lightning. The newspaper boy got caught, not safes to ride a bicycle, under those conditions.

jPosVyJ.jpg

Many people were queueing up upside the Grocery & Café waiting for it to open. When Kanoa got hit by lightning.

WwxxTtr.jpg

Benjamin got an invitation, to what he misread as a larger party, in the home of Jerry Blanco, at the coveted Sweetapple Ridge Way, north of the own center. Turned out to be only Jerry Blanco and his roommate Gilbert Schuler, both dressed quite peculiar and as Benjamin soon found out, with a very open-minded sexuality. Benjamin, seeing himself as quite progressive, did not mind, but found the situation to be a bit odd, especially because he did not know these people well.
    ofTCft1.jpg

It was a strange afternoon, Benjamin and Jerry got along well. Jerry was a bit flirtatious, Benjamin flattered though not interested, they became friends quite quickly.

QQSSFab.jpg

Gilbert got jealous, obviously in love with his mate, to the point where he became violent. It ended up with a huge fight between Gilbert and Benjamin. After which the latter chose to go home, confused, humiliated and very tired.

gcGW1uU.jpg
  • Options
    Being attacked by an angry, jealous hot dog - that's definitely a weird party!
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    @PalmArrow
    Ya, quite an afternoon he had, was actually a bit worse than it seemed in the story, they had about 5-6 fights, to a point where he passed out on the floor, from exhaustion alone, sweaty and smelly. Just did not want to drag it too far in the story
    MdtU0sb.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2023

Jenny Richards was now able to move into her new home. At this point, only the bedroom, kitchen and toilet were ready, there was no wallpaper and just the most necessary installations, but she was able to live there.

092T1ZO.jpg

Hailey met Botan Nara and they played a game of chess, upstairs at Appaloosa Avenue Fashion. Botan and his family, survived the River Village flooding, like several other families now living at Appaloosa County.

RZOyOPG.jpg

Kanoa survived the lightning, after a few days in bed, he was ready to obtain his previous lifestyle (*)

4N7LgL1.jpg

Kenji bought a dishwasher, hoping it could help the household keeping the kitchen clean.

btrzOtq.jpg
    (*) After Kanoa was electrocuted, I directed him to a bath, don’t want sims with burns for more than a single picture at the most.
  • Options
    edited August 2023

Jazlyn liked David’s Café and gallery, she though she would invite the family to go there together. Sadly Ethan got bored fast, and went home early.

b9QJxQl.jpg

We are now at the turn of winter. Night temperatures have dropped below zero.
    Bob-o-Link Drive at a cold starry night.

MMmzkW3.jpg

Hailey moved out. The main reason was her constant disagreements with Zac. The authorities were in the process of constructing chap housing for the more underprivileged part of the population at Pomona Promenade in the south part of Appaloosa County. She was the first to move into the area, acquiring Pomona Promenade 301. A very modest home with just the most basic interior.

ZIAmn0E.jpg

Ethan has now fully recovered, but sadly he spent a lot of hours alone in the house. Often dinner is just some canned soup or bread and jam, if the fridge contains no leftovers.

xl9VV8N.jpg
  • Options

It began to snow just a few days into December, with more snow coming more or less every day during the entire month.

kpfZ6sN.jpg

Jenny Richards bought a retro style TV, her living room is still not ready, but the small TV is perfect for watching from her bed.

UyjJqCd.jpg

Hailey bought an easel and started her first oil painting.

5GbvzTT.jpg

Benni met Steve Blanco, the son of famous professional cyclist Gregg Blanco and Rock singer Grace Slick of “The Green River”, a band that had some success a few years back. Steve is some years younger than Benni, but there was clearly a mutual attraction.

kSTUuc5.jpg

Editorial:
    Came to mind that I was probably able to export/import the mod setting I used in my previous story. Except “Relativity”, where I use a very slow timer and skill gain factor in this story. I am not sure how clearly readers will be able to tell the difference, but it will change a lot in-game, as I did a lot of investigation into better autonomy while writing Survivors the River, I also gave some of my sims “1” in some skills, as I remember that will kick off the ability to gain more.
  • Options
    edited August 2023

Chapter 1: Bob-o-Link Drive
    Year 0 – December

Benjamin’s dog Ralston, seemingly do not like winter. He stays at home most of the time.
    Gave him a forced flea bath.

t5DgVWH.jpg

Kenji and Zac, seems to be aiming to start a band, they both bought instruments, although they have not yet played anything.

bcA9enj.jpg

Benjamin seems to be lonely, he does socialize very little, often just sitting somewhere on a bench or staying at home.

TKEBrHq.jpg

At a Sunday in the middle of December, Jazlyn takes Ethan to the park. He really enjoys the day out with his mom.

0gDZMOk.jpg
  • Options
    I love the wintery picture with Benjamin!
  • Options

@PalmArrow
    Thanks
  • Options

Year 0 – December

Zac quits his job at the local Café, starting a new career in education, but soon change his minds and got a job at the Bistro.

Zac celebrating his new job with a drink.

yosLXRy.jpg

Benni starts writing a novel: “On a snowy Saturday”, she has already finished the first chapter.

vOk34w8.jpg

Hailey paid 400§ at the Wolfson Institute and took a class in scientific reasoning. After some hard but interesting hours, she met with her friend Vera Blackburn. Vera is a single woman in her mid 40’s, living at Rachelle Lane. As far as Hailey can tell, she is an old maiden and never wooh’ed with neither male nor female

AZodD7F.jpg

Finally, Kenji and Zac got hold of themselves and found a rhythm of housekeeping. At present their home is shining.

dq0U03U.jpg

The hired craftsmen finally finished Jenny Richards living room.

KK4cShA.jpg
  • Options

Year 0 – December

Kanoa was working hard with the gang his month, spending little time at home. Some days he spent the night, trying his new fishing equipment. As he was not home much, where was unusually little tension in the house.

RrCDaMy.jpg

Kenji started a large very ambitious canvas, for a beginner.

ioIY1cN.jpg

Ethan took up ice skating, very hard to begin with, but children learn fast and he got better.

3hYYV8q.jpg

From the little money she made from her job at the cemetery, Benni bought wallpaper and a 2nd hand drum set.

UVue0by.jpg

Jazlyn loves Christmas. She decorated the home with all she had and even put up a mistletoe, although it is not likely she will kiss anyone under it, this year.

kqAswAt.jpg
  • Options
    I like Jazlyn's home with Christmas decorations!
  • Options

@PalmArrow
    Thanks
  • Options
    edited August 2023

Chapter 2: River Village Immigrants

Year 1 – January

Introduction:
    The River Village was flooded after a large landslide. Some villagers were killed many missing. Brendon Gentry, Ivory Beach-Gentry, Armel Mercier, Danelle Mercier, Mussete Mercier, Magdalena Mercier, Mateo Mercier and Pierre Mercier all drowned. Harald Dahl (the brother of Norma Dahl), his friend Nicholás Valiente, Simon Stone, Anders Karlson, Elea Helsby and Terry Scully was reported missing and haven’t been found since. Marble Beach moved to Appaloosa County but later united with her family in Ent Mountain Village. Michiko and Charles Vaughan were also temporarily living in Appaloosa County, but could not adapt to life in a modern town, and moved back to the forest.

ctOieYW.jpg

The River Village immigrants, still living in Appaloosa town are: As already mentioned several times Jenny Richards and her former housemate Jane Harper. Former village leader Greg Preston lives with his former students, John Hallett and Myra Frances. Also, the entire Nara household now lives in Appaloosa Town, including the former student Norma Dahl, who now function as a mix of housemaid and family friend. The River Village flooding survivors is seen as a strange mix of celebrities and strangers by the locals. Well known due to their unusual background, but not necessarily trusted. This chapter will mainly focus on the River Village immigrants, while also keeping an eye on our group from Bob-o-Link Drive.

The Nara family home is located at Rachelle Lane in the south eastern corner of town. Shina Nara, is the archetype Japanese house wife, the mother of two. She is family orientated, thrifty without being cheap. Very good in the garden and prefer vegetarian food. All together a good person with a community mindset. Not to mention a great kisser, doing (within reason) what she can to fulfil her husband needs. She would have loved to be great in the kitchen too, but she is mediocre at best. Shina is 29 years old.

9nzTxri.jpg

The male head of a family Botan Nara, is also a quite archetypical Japanese patriarch. Just as with his wife, the family mean a lot to him. He is very attached to and perfectionistic in whatever he set his mind to do, he loves to work, even long hours. He is handy, thrifty and a good salesman, often able to do a good bargaining. Botan is also 30 years old, just 8 month older than his wife.

MZb9duM.jpg

The last adult in the household is Norma Dahl, Norma originally came to the family as a teenage student. Today she is 22 years old, officially living in the household as a babysitter and housemaid, but she is mainly just a friend of the family, helping with whatever needed. Norma is quite beautiful with an exotic brownish skin, she knows she has roots in Scandinavia, but believes that she might have either Balkan or Middle Eastern ancestors. Norma do not have a 9 to 5 job, but she got some royalties from her first book “Mom’s House”. She is quite a good sculptor, and might also follow that route. Norma is a good friendly character, but sometimes a bit slobby. She knows she is looking good, sometimes appearing too flirty, if you ask other women and those men, who was hoping for more than they got.

cJdkq1c.jpg

The daughter Jiro, was raised in the River Village and as there was no school, got no formal education. She is almost 10 years old. Now she is admitted to Crestview Elementary School, trying to catch up. Her main interest besides just playing, is to go fishing, she is very proud about the 1.1 kg rainbow trout, Norma Dahl recently prepared for dinner. She got a lemonade stand facing the road, which she also loves to play with.

FUInDPe.jpg

The last member of the Japanese family is two and a half years old Daichi. A clumsy but jolly soul, who only worries about not getting his toys stolen by his sister, and getting the diaper changes in time.

jzaq3Oe.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2023

Year 1 – January

The two other immigrant households both lives at Ednamary Way, at the south western corner of town.
    Today 62 years old Greg Preston, is the son of a restaurant owner. Greg Preston is a natural loner, after his young wife left him, he moved into the wilderness aiming to spend the rest of his life alone with his dog. Things developed differently and Greg founded what is now known as The River Village (at the time officially Greg's River), about 6 years later the village was flooded, and he escaped to Appaloosa County. Greg is a registered angler. Although he prefers time alone, Greg is nice to all living souls, from poisonous snakes to stubborn humans. Greg got many good survival skills and some leadership experience from his time in the wilderness.

Rvm3gZf.jpg

John Hallett was part of the first group of students moving to The River Village when he was 16 years old. Today John is 20, he fell in love with fellow student Myra Frances while living in the river cottage, today they are married. John is a friendly personality, with a good sense of humor. He can become a bit neurotic sometimes, but it tends to pass quiet quickly. John is completely obsessed with cars, something they did not have in the wilderness. Just as his mentor Greg, John got many good survival skills from his time in the forest. John aim to become a professional inventor. John and Myra lives in Greg Preston household.

crte8Yj.jpg

Myra Frances was 15 years old when she came to The River Village as a student. Myra grew up in a leading family in the mountain village Ent, but have chosen to stay with Greg and John. She is still on good terms with her mother and talk with her over the phone. Myra is now a little more than 19 years old. Recently graduated from high school, Myra took a job at Hueber Associates. She can seem a bit distracted at times and due to her upbringing, she is sort of snobbish, although she attempts to hide it. Not possible living in this home, but to be honest she would prefer just a single cat, to all the animals Greg has.

3CfUbB9.jpg

Besides the humans, the household contains two dogs, two snakes, a butterfly, four hens and a rooster. Most notably Pongo, a hunting dog of undetermined breed. The most important creature in Greg’s life. Pongo is now 11 years old. The other dog in the household is Razta, a puppy Greg bought from Nicholás Valiente shortly before the flodding.
    Pongo playing in the snow.

qsWmeyU.jpg

The last immigrant living in the town is Jane Harper, the former housemate of Jenny Richards. As a child here entire family was wiped out by criminals, she was taken as a slave, expected to do “favors” to the male gang members. She lives just across the street from Greg’s house. Jane got a difficult personality, living with a very dark and unpleasant side. Other aspects of her mental health, is also quite worrying, but she showed in her time at The River Village, a remarkably strength in her attempts to keep herself under control. The question is then, how will that play out in a town with a lot more people. Jane is between 38 and 42 years old, she doesn’t exactly know.

N5mRNPa.jpg

Editorial: Greg autonomously registered as angler, but as his personality and history prohibit him a “normal” job, it will be canceled, if he should attempt to get one
  • Options
    I like the descriptions of all these characters!
  • Options

@PalmArrow
    Thanks, those are all sims from my previous story, so already developed, connected and with a long history.
  • Options
    edited August 2023

Year 1 – January

Greg have come to think of Myra and John as family, he can’t help thinking about if and when they might leave him, will they come visit with children and all, or will they just forget “this old man”

fDwXmRJ.jpg

Norma Dahl used to have a mutual crush on Botan Nara. Those days are (hopefully) over, now she is just glad to see how happy they are together

tmAWHfR.jpg

Hailey haven’t really adjusted well to her job at the hospital, no promotion seems to be in sight. After work she is painting and drawing. If this can lead to different occupation, or will just remain a hobby, remains to be seem.

WAvXACq.jpg

Jazlyn is clearly still very mad at Kanoa. Rarely home if he is. Today she got a new hairstyle, new dress and took a taxi to the Broadway Disco. Might hope to find better male company than her husband.

kZugqht.jpg

The ice-skating rink at Lexington attracted many visitors throughout January. The Japanese was beginners, whereas Myra is quite fast after many hours at the lakes near River Village. Ethan getting better, but still insecure in traffic.

l3smtGP.jpg
  • Options

Year 1 – January

Benjamin is still the most lonely and miserable character. One day he got bitten by a Stuckbug, on his way to the Broadway Disco and had to hurry home. Another day he got robbed while sitting in his Sofa watching TV. Although Ralston did react, it was too late, and the thief got away with items worth 1000’s of §.

qiiQSYX.jpg

John Hallett spent a lot of time in or around the house, doing some housekeeping. He was also feeding and cleaning the cages of the snakes and a rat Greg recently brought in. Although it is potentially dangerous, John is not afraid, done it so often before.

Z0LjXj3.jpg

Jenny Richards worked for years at the Pegasus Café in River Village, she is a top qualified bar tender and could get a job at any venue in town. But she prefers a pub over more trendy and noisy establishments. Running short of cash, she took a job at The Watering Hole.

jWuS8Q4.jpg

Norma Dahl was invited to the home of Johnny Johnson and his mate Chuck. Both are clearly interested in the young woman. Norma like both men, but in the end chose to get involved with Johnny, a man almost double her age.

Ekeqyn0.jpg

While waiting for her clothes to finish at the public laundry at Bob-o-Link Drive. Shina Nara use the time to teach Daichi to walk.

hyx6d1e.jpg

I gave Jenny the job
  • Options

Year 1 – January

Zac had a brief romantic encounter with Sally Rushing, who seems to be disappointed with the effort Benjamin had previously put into their relationship. Seemingly Benjamin heard the rumor, just a few days later he visited Sally, and they spend most of a day together.

5wcUajw.jpg

Norma went winter swimming, seemingly she does not feel the cold at all.

gaQ0uZB.jpg

After a long time in the cold water, she spotted her lover boy Johnny and ran through the snow to kiss him, still just in her panties and bikini top.

KHuzX23.jpg

Botan Nara attended a jazz performance by Booker Singleton.

SFxUZjt.jpg

Greg and John, spend time at the library, studying the extensive book collection.

P5cbLtK.jpg

Myra Frances helped Shina Nara with her ice skating

ILbdMGR.jpg