Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 Horse ranch negative discussion.

Comments

• Options
    SthenastiaSthenastia Posts: 651 Member
    This pack was so close to introduce almost perfect kitchen set to the game but for a some reason we don’t have a solid white swatch with wooden counter top when for example we received that colour variant for a desk. I’m a bit upset
  • Options
    Coconut27Coconut27 Posts: 860 Member
    Sthenastia wrote: »
    This pack was so close to introduce almost perfect kitchen set to the game but for a some reason we don’t have a solid white swatch with wooden counter top when for example we received that colour variant for a desk. I’m a bit upset

There are several many packs that have sets that are supposed to match but one has a color that is slightly off from what’s intended to the other objects and it makes me so upset when building :D I also think they sometimes maybe forget swatches on objects? or they’ll have the icon the correct color but the swatch for it will be slightly off. Idk if that’s similar to what you mean, but it’s something i’ve noticed with this game 😭
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member

Yes, it would have been so nice to have some swatches in plain white, sage green, light grey, burgundy red and wooden countertop. They made some really beautiful wooden textures in this pack.
  • Options
    DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,877 Member
    edited July 2023
    Exactly ! This kitchen would have been actually versatile with a clean white and wood counter top swatch. But as it is, it’s not versatile.

Same with the bunk beds, I’m happy they gave us bunk beds, but where are we even gonna use these ? It’s a shame because the sheets have really nice horse themed swatches.
    Same goes for the shower, I wish they at least had given us a plain white non wooden option with a horse pattern on the curtain that we could actually have used in any type of build.

Post edited by Dianesims on
  • Options
    PandoraTOPandoraTO Posts: 438 Member
    BubbleFan wrote: »
    Near the equestrian center is a food stall which is permanently closed. I've now spent two seasons in Chestnut Ridge and the stall never opened at all.

I turned the town's bar into a restaurant and the new nectar recipes and native foods can not be added to the menu.

Modders to the rescue! There's now a mod from icemunmun to add nectar to the menu: https://www.patreon.com/posts/ranch-nectar-in-86487071
    Gallery ID: PandoraTO
  • Options
    edited July 2023
    Icemunmun mods are always amazing!!! But the fact this mod even needs to be made in the first place is annoying. I watched English Simmer’s cross-pack comparability test video and there seems to be a lot missing which seem like huge oversights. That or they truly just had no time to do any of it.
  • Options
    DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,877 Member
    edited July 2023
    I’m enjoying playing with horses. A few things I’m disappointed about though :

- I wish we could ride our horse along with other sims riding theirs, a “ride together with….” Interaction.
    - I wish sims could race each other. (Those two points go for bikes as well btw)
    - We can’t make obstacle courses (though given the size of the lots….)
    - There are too many small lots.
    - There are not that many horse breeds, even though there is a lot of customization.
    - The kitchen counters are really lacking a clean white swatch with clean wooden counter tops.
    Post edited by Dianesims on
  • Options
    LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    edited July 2023
    How are sims not able to make Plasma nectar??? :weary:

Guess vampires won't be enjoying any nectar, since it's just labeled as a 'fruit nectar'. Weird as I thought you'd be able to make whatever you'd want kinda like the fizzy station.

That and seesm they forgot to add nectar to the dine out menu as well.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Options
    edited July 2023
    Oh, they actually are able to to make plasma nectar! I’m not sure how you unlock it though, i’d recommend looking at some of the threads or may English Simmer vid as I think they did a video with Vlad
  • Options
    edited July 2023
    Coconut27 wrote: »
    Oh, they actually are able to to make plasma nectar! I’m not sure how you unlock it though, i’d recommend looking at some of the threads or may English Simmer vid as I think they did a video with Vlad

I had already did. It was not Plasma nectar since it had no kind of effect in filling thirst for vampires at all. Description says made with plasma but it's not really an occult nectar. Since it just gets labeled under fruit nectar. Haven't seen any special way for it to appear on a crafting menu. This is from English Simmer and using just plasma fruit in a sims inventory.

Thought it was weird for occults not to have a specific nectar for vampires. Unless said occult is the only one that can make it and not a human sim. Though the nectar for Lou didn't work for the Moonpetal nectar is only got his hunger up. The one for spellcasters did reduce the charge, looks to be the only one that was actually not messed up.

So safe to say they pretty much biffed it.
    Post edited by LadyKyn on
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Options
    Oh my apologies I didn’t realize it didn’t fulfill their plasma need 🥲 Wow that is quite odd, i wonder if this was intentional on their part
  • Options
    edited July 2023
    Oh my apologies I didn’t realize it didn’t fulfill their plasma need 🥲 Wow that is quite odd, i wonder if this was intentional on their part

Probably overlooked like other things as far as cross pack compatibility. Like making nectar not a part of club activities from Get Together, not able to knit anything for horses or the mini goats/lambs or any cross pack compatibility with cats and dogs for vets to come visit if you got a sick horse.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Options
    Evilyn_1007Evilyn_1007 Posts: 762 Member

LadyKyn wrote: »

I had already did. It was not Plasma nectar since it had no kind of effect in filling thirst for vampires at all. Description says made with plasma but it's not really an occult nectar. Since it just gets labeled under fruit nectar. Haven't seen any special way for it to appear on a crafting menu. This is from English Simmer and using just plasma fruit in a sims inventory.

Thought it was weird for occults not to have a specific nectar for vampires. Unless said occult is the only one that can make it and not a human sim. Though the nectar for Lou didn't work for the Moonpetal nectar is only got his hunger up. The one for spellcasters did reduce the charge, looks to be the only one that was actually not messed up.

So safe to say they pretty much biffed it.

Vampires can make plasma nectars, but humans can’t. When vampires make it fills energy and thirst. When humans make it, it does nothing. Odd choice.
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,720 Member
    edited July 2023
    PandoraTO wrote: »
    I feel like the people who are most thrilled with this pack are people who just wanted horses, no matter the cost, cross-pack compatibility, additional gameplay, bugs, etc. There are so many comments like, "Yeah, they could have added XYZ, but" or "This feature could have been better, but," or "Sure it has bugs, but... I love horses and that's all I care about!" It's fine if they want to pay an EP price for just horses, but it doesn't negate the fact that this is not an EP in terms of the gameplay value an expansion pack has traditionally added to the game until now.

My concern is that this pack will devalue EPs going forward. Future EPs might be pseudo-GPs as well, hyperfocused on one theme with limited cross-pack potential, and GPs will then become like SPs, and SPs don't exist anymore because we now call them kits.

I'm concerned about that a bit too, The Sims 4 is not getting enough budget for packs now, what they are able to make tends to work fine but it feels like they could make so much more if they dedicated more resources. They are kinda taking a very broad theme for their packs but are only using enough resources so they can only focus on a few things. A wild west themed horse pack had tons of potential for all sorts of new features.

Now what bothers me with that is that in their marketing it feels like they are trying to sell you on that broad theme, that they are are spending a lot of resources, but that's not the case, they don't have any real horse competitions, the town is empty, you can't build your own horse track etc. This pack is focused on owning a horse ranch with some features like nectar making and owning sheep and not much else, everything else has not gotten enough resources to be developed further.

That's why when you leave the ranch you notice that there is nothing there. Except all the resources that went into creating that theme and the illusion of a detailed world full of features.
  • Options

Vampires can make plasma nectars, but humans can’t. When vampires make it fills energy and thirst. When humans make it, it does nothing. Odd choice.

Was wondering if that was the case but it felt like a weird choice to do, but thanks for clearing that up. I remember making a plasma fizzy drink from Eco. with a human sim didn't think it would even be the case with nectar making. Strange choice.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,234 Member
    edited July 2023
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    edited July 2023
    PandoraTO wrote: »
    I feel like the people who are most thrilled with this pack are people who just wanted horses, no matter the cost, cross-pack compatibility, additional gameplay, bugs, etc. There are so many comments like, "Yeah, they could have added XYZ, but" or "This feature could have been better, but," or "Sure it has bugs, but... I love horses and that's all I care about!" It's fine if they want to pay an EP price for just horses, but it doesn't negate the fact that this is not an EP in terms of the gameplay value an expansion pack has traditionally added to the game until now.

My concern is that this pack will devalue EPs going forward. Future EPs might be pseudo-GPs as well, hyperfocused on one theme with limited cross-pack potential, and GPs will then become like SPs, and SPs don't exist anymore because we now call them kits.

One reason I do not buy kits and while I do not know if they will still make SPs, all they did was split up the SP and sell it at a few dollars less than a SP which is not much and give you less for the money. Buying a kit to me does not look economically sound. $4.99 for a few items versus a SP with 20 or more items $9.99.
    Post edited by Goldmoldar on
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    edited July 2023
    I remember when the motto was "Challenge Everything" which means to me you can have Unicorns with all the magical elements in a desert environment as Sims series does have fantasy elements and if one does not wish to use unicorns, they would have had that option not too and one of the reasons Sims 4 for me is not popular to me. There is nothing challenging to me in this series now.
    Post edited by Goldmoldar on
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    french5029french5029 Posts: 18 Member
    worst game I have bought, so many regrets, too many glitches
  • Options
    MaryonahorseMaryonahorse Posts: 17 Member
    > @french5029 said:
    > worst game I have bought, so many regrets, too many glitches

I can agree with you. I think I am almost depressed about spending money so much money on a bleak city.. three horse events (jumping, running round barrels and going for a walk) I am searching in vain for something to do with this pack and the last thing I would say in any pack is.. that I don't use it but with this case I can tell that this will not keep me online for more than a couple of minutes
  • Options
    julienrob2004julienrob2004 Posts: 4,174 Member
    My biggest annoyance so far is how the cowpoke dance takes over in every single world , 90% of my sims dancing in any world now do this instead of the old dances , it should have been made only for in Chestnut or if you click the dance floor to do it , Not everywhere and all the time
  • Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,234 Member
    My biggest annoyance so far is how the cowpoke dance takes over in every single world , 90% of my sims dancing in any world now do this instead of the old dances , it should have been made only for in Chestnut or if you click the dance floor to do it , Not everywhere and all the time

I will take it as the current trend.

I don't understand why this dance isn't linked to the new Ranch radio station.
  • Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,022 Member
    The pack doesn't support spellcasters all that well. You can Scrubaroo mini animals, but not the horses or their beds. (Idk if you could Scrubaroo cats and dogs, but we should be able to.) With Cottage Living, you could instantly clean every animal and their home. Horses also can't become familiars.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Options
    Lady_BalloraLady_Ballora Posts: 786 Member
    I'm disappointed in the limited choices of mane/tail colors. The pastel colors all look washed out,and don't really match the different colors you paint your horse. I would of loved it if the game davs added dark blues/greens/purples and multi-colored mane colors to the choices,and I hope they darken the pastel colors so they don't look so washed-out.
    Why do you hide inside these walls?