Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Comments

• Options
    HaflingerHaflinger Posts: 974 Member
    It's basically Norco. (aka HorseTown, USA) except in Arizona instead of California. I'm all for it.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,397 Member
    I'm betting the water isn't swimmable.
  • Options
    DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,877 Member
    It looks so pretty, I really like it!!
  • Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,024 Member
    The town looks empty and dull. I'm thinking much of the gameplay will be on a couple of community lots, or riding around backdrops with your horse. But it reminds of Life is Strange: True Colors' town of Haven Spring, which was super comfy. I loved it.

I doubt we'll get a lot of lots, but I'm hoping they break the 12 lot trend and give us 15-16 or more. I'd play here all the time, if I didn't have to take my sims to a completely different world to get things.
    ugMcxZk.jpeg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Options
    sclevenger08sclevenger08 Posts: 125 Member
    I love the name and that Stone Ranch house is what my dream home looks like so even though I'm not normally a desert world lover, I think I might actually like this one.
  • Options
    Katofhyrule12Katofhyrule12 Posts: 726 Member
    I love new worlds! I love crosspack gameplay. I wonder what I will want to add from other packs to Chestnut Ridge. Sheepdogs?
  • Options
    Nicocacola1992Nicocacola1992 Posts: 23 Member
    edited June 2023
    "Sims can explore by trotting their way down a long and winding trail or by going downtown to New Appaloosa, ride around Riders' Glen, the Ranches’ Neighborhood. Be sure to check out Galloping Gulch, the National Park Neighborhood, which features plenty of scenic trails through the large rock formations as well as campfire spots and picnic areas. Your Sim may come across Dreadhorse Caverns where the adventurous can enter and try their luck at exploring!" ~ from: https://ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/news/the-sims-4-horse-ranch-guided-tour

It reminds be of several packs but I feel optimistic :smile:
  • Options
    bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    edited June 2023
    It reminds me too much of Oasis Springs and Strangerville. The mountains in the background look very similar to the ones in Strangerville.
    I hope the world is huge, but I'm skeptical. A couple years ago, someone on the sims team said they were not likely to release large worlds again (like Windenburg) to make the game more stable for lower end computers, I think it had something to do with save file size.
    Post edited by bixters on
  • Options
    I love new worlds! I love crosspack gameplay. I wonder what I will want to add from other packs to Chestnut Ridge. Sheepdogs?

Cows and Llamas are a good idea.
  • Options
    CatzillaCatzilla Posts: 1,181 Member
    edited June 2023
    I'm always happy to have a new world, bonus if it's warm and sunny.

Edited for clarity.
  • Options
    Catzilla wrote: »
    I'm always down for a new world, bonus if it's warm and sunny.

There won't be any snow in CR.
  • Options
    CatzillaCatzilla Posts: 1,181 Member

Good! No rain either, I hope. lol
  • Options

Good! No rain either, I hope. lol

I would expect rain but not much. Willow Creek gets rain.
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,971 Member
    edited June 2023
    Going to use it as extension to Strangetown area in my save
    it seems just about perfect new home for Kine Society and its been sad not being able to fit them in my Strangerville
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    Katofhyrule12Katofhyrule12 Posts: 726 Member
    Do we know the builders? Can anyone link me to any announcement by the builders?
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,397 Member
    I think the world looks very pretty, loved the stone archway with the river running below it. I don't like that the town looks a bit deserted, like a ghost town, or even like a movie studio, with all the rabbithole buildings there. Hopefully there will be some useable lots in the downtown section, not just rabbitholes.
  • Options
    PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    Meh. I don't like desert worlds. I'll probably take my Sims there once in a while, but I'm going to stick to temprate worlds like Henford-on-Bagley and Moonwood Mills.
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,688 Member
    The world itself looks great, I'll squeeze it in between Oasis Springs and StrangerVille. I'm not very much into the western/cowboy theme, though, especially in the town center. I can live with it though in just one of the hoods, hopefully there won't be that style set dressing in all hoods, so we can add the style we prefer. Glad to see the them in a pack though, especially on behalf of American simmers, might be time to learn some history :)

I've notedsome hood names, but it seems like two of them might not be residental. The National Park and the Dreadhorse one. Can't wait to see a world map with lot sizes etc.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    MichelleWMichelleW Posts: 665 Member
    4 builders, if(IF) they each did 3 lots, that's 12 lots. Chances are there will be atleast a couple empty lots which means we may actually get a world with more than 12 lots!
  • Options
    Kai252018Kai252018 Posts: 76 Member
    Any new harvest or recipe, what else is new added?? Because I don't see anything different but the obvious.
  • Options
    Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,908 Member
    I still can't say I'm wildly enthused about a desert world, but it does look pretty, for what it is; I really like the natural bridge over the small waterfall. And a western world is a good opportunity for Native American representation, so that's a plus. I suppose I also have a few cabins and farmhouses that haven't fit into any of the other worlds, so it will be nice to have a chance to use those, at least if there are enough lots.

This is what worries me, though:
    "Sims can explore by trotting their way down a long and winding trail or by going downtown to New Appaloosa, ride around Riders' Glen, the Ranches’ Neighborhood. Be sure to check out Galloping Gulch, the National Park Neighborhood, which features plenty of scenic trails through the large rock formations as well as campfire spots and picnic areas. Your Sim may come across Dreadhorse Caverns where the adventurous can enter and try their luck at exploring!"

That all sounds really cool at first glance, but if you look closer, it definitely implies that horses will be locked this one world... or, at most, that maybe you can have them on your home lots in other worlds, but not ride them around in the world at all. So that would be hugely disappointing.
  • Options
    AlanSimsAlanSims Posts: 713 Member
    I love the obvious nod to The Sims 3 Pets with that Appaloosa district name.
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,397 Member
    Kai252018 wrote: »
    Any new harvest or recipe, what else is new added?? Because I don't see anything different but the obvious.

They mention in the blog there is prairie grass you can harvest to feed your horses and that there are some native American dishes.