Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Chestnut Ridge World Discussion

Comments

• Options
    stylesdrukstylesdruk Posts: 27 Member
    This World is located at the Grand Canyon. It's either in Hualapai Nation or Navajo Nation. Both Nations meet by the Grand Canyon.
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,698 Member
    My friend Google hinted about a real world national park named Chestnut Ridge. No idea whether there are any horse ranches in that area,though...
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,971 Member
    edited July 2023
    It is just another Neighborhood made by EA/Maxis and not by the end user same old, same old. :/
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    ElisdreamElisdream Posts: 295 Member
    I wish we could have chestnut trees with this world that we can harvest and make chestnut butter or bread 🍞 😋🍯

That would be a sweet detail.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,464 Member
    I wish Chesnut Ridge had tumble weeds.
  • Options
    JustinB113JustinB113 Posts: 1,050 Member
    edited July 2023
    I was one of the “oh more usa?” people when San Sequoia came out, as it felt a bit unnecessary. But I absolute love this. If they’re going to keep doing USA then this is the kinda thing I want to see. These are the parts of America that are interesting to non Americans.

I’m really excited for this world. I’m hoping that they’ve added some kind of gameplay to it in the way that cottage living had its key townies.

It would be nice to have a community there and not see Bella Goth and co randomly wandering around. And have people already line dancing when you go into the saloon etc. If it’s more than just set dressing it could be one of the best worlds.
  • Options
    mollie1998mollie1998 Posts: 446 Member
    edited July 2023
    What are the Native American dishes? fried chicken or something? 🍗
  • Options
    mollie1998mollie1998 Posts: 446 Member
    edited July 2023
    Hey I heard Chestnut Ridge is a vacation destination it sounds really fun but I hope that my sim can just go horseback riding when she’s on vacation there next week when it comes out
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,464 Member
    mollie1998 wrote: »
    Hey I heard Chestnut Ridge is a vacation destination it sounds really fun but I hope that my sim can just go horseback riding when she’s on vacation there next week when it comes out

I think it's a normal residential world but you can vacation with rentals.
  • Options
    LeucosiaXLeucosiaX Posts: 1,728 Member
    i really wanted dogs to herd in sheep with cottage living but we didnt get sheep. i hope now they could. @Katofhyrule12
  • Options
    PifflePrincessPifflePrincess Posts: 106 Member
    I wonder how "modern" the new world will look.

I've had my share of historical legacies, western-themed especially, and it's not always easy to ignore cars or modern things around the world. I'm not that picky (on console we can't even use mods to block the use of phones), so I will manage anyway, but what I've seen so far of Chestnut Ridge makes me hope it will be easier to make it pass for a 1850s town.
    So far, Henford-on-Bagley had been the best world for my historical farmers familes, since it has that away-from-the-city vibe. I really hope Chestnut Ridge would feel the same.

And maybe, the NPC showing up there will look more in tune with my whole 1850s gameplay
    Console player (PS). Finally reached 1000+ hours on The Sims 4.
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,155 Member
    I think Chestnut Ridge wii truly look like an older days Victorian Western world, regardless of the Equestrian Special lot. Besides, that lot could easily be rebuilt as an historical Equestrian lot.😉
  • Options
    Expecting a glowing Judith Ward to show up on every corner to break the western feel... :neutral: With some luck she will be joined by Nancy Landgraab.
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,457 Member
    SERVERFRA wrote: »
    I think Chestnut Ridge wii truly look like an older days Victorian Western world, regardless of the Equestrian Special lot. Besides, that lot could easily be rebuilt as an historical Equestrian lot.😉

There are lot of modern elements in the town center like banners and the colourful horse statue. At most it will look like it has a Victorian past.
  • Options
    PifflePrincessPifflePrincess Posts: 106 Member
    Expecting a glowing Judith Ward to show up on every corner to break the western feel... :neutral: With some luck she will be joined by Nancy Landgraab.

Yeah, sometimes the NPCs are the ones breaking the immersiveness more than cars or a modern-looking streetlamp. 🤣
    In my very first Decade legacy, I deleted all of the premade sims and spent hours creating new families wearing appropriate clothes. But it was too time consuming, and the game still generated new random modern townies anyway.
    And again, I can't resort to mods to limits the type of clothing on NPCs, so I just let them have their modernity. I only bother to re-dress the spouses of my children when they marry (but not their kids, as I would have to redo them every time they age up).

But as I said, I'm not that obsessed by everything looking historically fitting. And at least Judith Ward could pass for a very rich, Victorian lady. 🤣 Not so sure about Nancy
    Console player (PS). Finally reached 1000+ hours on The Sims 4.
  • Options
    JustinB113JustinB113 Posts: 1,050 Member

I really hope they stay away and populate it mostly with western looking townies. Strangerville and Snowy Escape and cottage living seemed to keep them out for the most part!
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 36,086 Member
    edited July 2023
    Deleted. Wrong thread.
  • Options
    Katofhyrule12Katofhyrule12 Posts: 755 Member

I wish I could turn her off as easily as werewolves.
  • Options

Never use "turn off" and "Judith Ward" in the same comment! She might make your game implode! :)
  • Options
    Talking about mis matching NPCs walking your hood... I just installed Realm of Magic (because I need the extra lots and like the BB and the bloodlines...). The first sim to walk through the hood is Lia from Sulani, wearing her Sulani outfit... argh, I suddenly stopped believing in magic!
  • Options
    arletaarleta Posts: 54 Member
    edited July 2023
    It is really annoying how people are happy that the world looks pretty. I’m sorry but that is nonsense. That is all this game has going for it. It’s like a vapid pretty shell. The best world that was created recently was for the werewolf pack (they added some world related things. Don’t get me wrong it’s not great but it’s something)and then they went back into the bare minimum effort. San sequoia is such a trash world. I find it ugly and pointless. I don’t care if it was us, Europe or Asia. I care about gameplay and what it has to offer. Looking at something isn’t much in terms of gameplay. There is absolutely no life in it. It’s a shell of a world. There is nothing to do in it. Nothing is interactive (the movie theater would be nice if that neighborhood was more fun). It’s not worth walking around it or visiting. There is nothing exciting about almost all of these Sims 4 worlds. Scroll with your camera. You are done. No gameplay added. I wish they put 10% of the effort from Sims 3 world building. These worlds in Sims 4 feel like a plastic version of the real thing. They are pretty but this is a game. Add something to actually do in them. Here is why I like snowy escape. The pack is ok but the world has some interaction to it. You can interact with the slopes, climbing walls. Hiking is great to actually have a group stay together. It was fun exploring it and it’s still wasn’t a fraction of what sims 3 did. But, it was a start. It doesn’t have to be full open world but stop making these lifeless shells. Look at the content in this pack. They put no effort into it. It’s like they used the entire budget on horses and went here are some horses choke on them. As for the rest take content from previous packs slightly move a hair or shirt length and pretend it’s new. And people just eat it up. You have cc creators coming up with new content all the time. Better more interesting content. Just pay one of them to do content for your pack. You have the budget. It probably would be cheaper. I feel they can just get away with this boring minimum because people’s expectations are very low at this point. Wedding stories doesn’t even work and they didn’t even bother to fix it while simultaneously still selling it at full price. So far I am not impressed with this pack. The buy content leaked and it’s terrible. It lack’s imagination. Hair and clothes are just rehashed content from other packs. The world looks pretty but nothing in the trailer indicated it will be anything but a mock-up. It’s like a sitcom set. So what it’s pretty. And people are so excited. Why? So you can look at it. Its a game. Isn’t the point to play in it? These worlds have no playability. You scaled the open world and butchered content. Add something interactive or surprising or interesting. Something that would make me want to click on things and discover things in the world. You know play a game. Not just look at colors like a mindless bird. They just slap on new lifeless content and rehashed content parading as new in a lifeless world. So far I see the entire effort going into creating horses and focused on animation for that. So far I see another shallow pack. Just another lair that sits on other lairs that has no cross interactivity with other packs and a world that is just there to look pretty. I actually love the idea of American West.and I don’t care if it’s another USA world or Asian inspired or what ever. I want it to be more interesting. But I haven’t seen anything in the trailer that suggests that this world is anything but pretty and lacking in depth. Remember when you could collect things in the world but they never bothered to put those collections into gameplay. Like collect some shells and do nothing with them. It’s like slap this addition that leads to nothing at all. Now they don’t even bother making collections at all. So far not impressed.
    Post edited by arleta on
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 36,086 Member
    Another day and we'll get to see the world in the Livestream! I'm really excited to see all of Chestnut Ridge.
  • Options
    arletaarleta Posts: 54 Member

I wouldn’t mind werewolves so much if they changed back into human form. It seems that all my werewolves are stuck in wolf form never to return to their human alter version. My enrage wolves just never release rage and EA is pretending it’s not a problem.
  • Options
    GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,209 Member
    @arleta Yes, that seems to be a known bug at the moment. You can disable werewolves appearing in their wolf forms outside of Moonwood Mill in Options. They'll still show up, but as humans. At least it works for the werewolf students in my Copperdale High School.
  • Options
    ULIBABA66ULIBABA66 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Can't wait to see the amount of lots this Friday, hopefully there will be more than the bare minimum 12 lots to soften the disappointment of no unicorns with occult powers in this pack…