Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What happen in your game today/most recently?

Comments

• Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,343 Member
    @Anthonydyer I haven't paid attention to my downtown sims' work shedules, because aside from the business owners they all started out in Law Enforcement, Secret Service and Criminal, so them working on weekends didn't stick out as odd. But I did notice how slowly they accumulate paid time off without the freetime perk.

Phillips
    - I decided to allow college debt for this family. Instead of paying for five kids in advance, they will use their money to furnish their house.
    - Emma became good friends with a teenage cashier (not boyfriend yet), so her father one day invited the boy to help him learn to study and apply for scholarships (orphan and creativity). I did this via the SimLogical flexi school controllers to keep Oliver as cashier for now.

Anderson
    - Hank got bitten by Captain Fowler, what gives him a major loyalty problem: Fowler is his pack leader, but Perkins, the leader of the other pack, is Hank's superior at work. Hank doesn't have a career related LTW, so he could transfer from the FBI to the local police force to resolve this issue.
    - I introduced two new mods only after Hank got bitten: werewolves walk normally and werewolf ears. As a result I got a natural looking progression from the newly turned Hank lurching until he had re-learned how to run in his new form.

Stern/Chen
    - Connor moved in with Tina and they immediately went to Takemizu, where they met Tina's mother, Vanessa. She considers moving to Downtown to help the young couple (but the relationship isn't there yet by a long shot).
    - The Shrine told both Connor and Tina that they'd do well in their careers. This was especially good news for Tina, who still had doubts about quitting crime to join the police.
    - Tina stated how good it was to relax the very moment she got chased by wild bees (from a daytrip chance card). If running from bees is considered relaxing in comparison to life back home in Downtown, that shows how much of a mess Downtown is at the moment!
    - I cut the vacation short, because I had made the mistake of taking Hank along as an uncontrollable guest and was constantly worried whether he'd autonomously eat enough to survive his nightly transformation.

Miller
    - Chris and Susan married in their new house, they adopted a terrier, bought a refurbishable junk car and had their first baby, Damaris.
    - Two hours before the birth, Susan got hit by lightning. I'm uncertain whether that means that some supernatural power chose Damaris or tried to kill her.
    - Chris brought my sim Daniel Reed from Desiderata Valley home from work one day, so I decided that they are partners (as cops, not romantically). As two family sims with temper problems and similar interests, they have much in common.
    - Chris wants to graduate three children from college. I'm thinking of space twins for Susan (she already has the call aliens perk), that Chris will adopt.
  • Options
    Things took an interesting turn! I told you that my vampires are free to autonomously bite now, so naturally I took played sims Downtown a lot to find out who'd get turned next. What really happened, however, was this:

- Most of the time visitors to Downtown didn't get to see any vampires at all. I only have three (the Countess, Sigstein and Rika) in a total population of 568 (that includes strays, vacation sims and assorted npc), so I perhaps shouldn't expect many sightings.

- The visitors did, however, meet a combination of the following on every community lot: police officers, secret agents and military members, some of them also being werewolves and androids.

- The only time a vampire - Sigstein - appeared, he was incredibly friendly, to the point of agreeing to have his picture taken together with my active sim, whom he had just met.

Tourists are now under the impression that the vampire threat is not real. Instead they feel harassed by the massive law enforcement presence (one sim got swarmed by as many as three agents in a row attempting to introduce themsleves to him). If this persists, the mayor may ban law enforcement-type careers from Downtown - and this might be the vampires' exact plan!
  • Options
    Sunflowergal227Sunflowergal227 Posts: 305 Member
    I finally played again last night! Jenny's and Pollenation Tech 9's adopted daughter Gretchin graduated college. She immediately moved in with her parents, but then moved into her own place, which i built. She then got married, had a baby boy, then had 2 twin girls! She also is an assistant principal and her husband is a rock god, and made it to the top of the music carrer!
    Favorite EP/SP
    Sims 2 (All EPs/SPs)
    Sims 3 Showtime
    Sims 3 Generations
    My Sims 3 profile page: https://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/Sunflowergal227
  • Options
    EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,929 Member
    haneul wrote: »
    @Ellupelluellu - Nice frat and sorority houses. Your Sim is beautiful as well! The game is super old, but you still make your Sims look great.
    @haneul , Thank you :) I try, so much cc :D

I play custom made UNI , and as I do have "notownieregen" , what causes zero townies in my game, ever, my game also don't spawn dormies.
    Instead than forcing game generate randoms (really, taste for random townies was bad , even then) I used sims from premade universities, and made them as dormies.
    I dont have occults in this "save" , and I forgot there is one premade student who is. Stella Terrano.

Instead of making her a dormie I took her in rotation.

upzoCE9.png
    6Jz0fSO.png
    She lives at campus, in this tiny house. As being the only Alien, and at this time there were not disguises, she was too afraid to go in the dorm.
    okuRBup.png
    d4AKNdD.png
    30k3d9M.png
    HBQaeoV.png
    Its not a palace, and she has almost no money left.

DW9UL1O.png
    she needs to do some research for her major, but she has no computer, off to Library then.
    DW9UL1O.png
    LJHvd9i.png
    but others kept staring her.. what?! Why are they looking at her like an alien? (pun intended)
    But no worries.. good old smustle cheer her up... o.O
    Akt7oca.png
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Options
    DevalaousDevalaous Posts: 1,286 Member
    haneul wrote: »
    @Devalaous - That messy lot on page 167 gives me the creeps! Wow. Was it ever cleaned up?

It took a while, and the sheer amount of bugs caused constant NPC deaths. The maids and exterminators would constantly get killed by the 'eaten by flies' death, and the computer became so choked by trying to render and animate all of those bugs and roach swarms. In the end I had to repair the robot that caused that, as it was deathproof.

Rebuilding Sims 2 inside Sims 3 one lot and sim at a time.

See my Sims 3 studio for latest progress.
  • Options
    ebrietasebrietas Posts: 25 Member
    Hmmm... Nothing really interesting happened today. I couldn't play much for today, so prob that's why nothing really happened lol. My sim Evren came back from her exam with an -A... Gosh we worked so hard the whole week! We deserved that big perfect +A, ugh... maybe next time?
  • Options
    I need to decide where I want to take my vampire plot. In the meantime I downloaded a new neighborhood, called "The story of New World", and play the murder mystery it comes with with my detective sims Gavin and Daniel Reed and Director Perkins.

The first day was wild - Immediately after moving in, Gavin and Daniel fell out of love because of an autonomous interaction the game queued up before I could disable autonomy. Took all day to repair the relationship, and with some serious setbacks, like Gavin having the "great" idea to goose pinch his husband at a cemetary of all places. A romantic evening meal at the local diner eventually smoothed things over and apology gifts were purchased and given.

Further into the investigation Director Perkins (a big dog) got attacked by a stray (small dog) and lost. It was embarassing.
  • Options
    This might warrant its own thread in the Franchise section, because it is by no means exclusive to Sims 2: First impressions and randomness/autonomy shaping the character of a sim independently from their personality points or traits. For example with poor Feila today:

Feila is the wife of one of the suspects in The story of New World, a bit on the mean side, but otherwise perfectly well adjusted, at least that's the role the neighborhood's creator assigned her. When I entered her household, Feila started out next to the bathtub, in the nude, with her privates covered by the censor (The lot must have reset from me putting in a new global mod). I didn't think much of it and sent Feila to pick up the trash can a stray had raided and clean the yard. Meanwhile her husband called the investigators, telling them he was ready to make his testimony now.

I hadn't taken into account how long it would take Feila to reach the trash can from her starting point, and so she was still there in the nude when the agents arrived. Poor Gavin visibly shuddered at the sight. Frelia then joined the other sims in the sitting room, still wearing nothing. She walked up to Daniel and the game had her throw one kissing related spech bubble after the other (from strong memories, of course), while Daniel looked increasingly more panicking. Eventually Gavin approached him and kissed him full sight of a rather happy Feila.

The investigators were still present when the children came home from school. Feila, now fully dressed, once again talked about romance. All of this has locked her firmly as a romance sim and I added Romance as her secondary aspiration. None of this was even hinted at in her official backstory, it was all the doing of the game (speech bubbles) and my stubborn insistence to not go upstairs first and put on some clothes.

That aside the sims are making nice progress with the story. The investigators are befriending everyone they need to, and meanwhile the murder victims' children are busy rasing enough money to power the rescurrest-o-nomitron. The teen is doing quite well with garage sales, and the child won a spelling bee as well as discovered a new star. So far they have accumulated just about three thousand simoleons - just enough to raise the three dead sims as zombies. That would be enough to solve the case (all I need to do is read the dead sims' bios and then decide what to do), but maybe they manage to bring back at least one sim in a better shape.
  • Options
    Mizzila1297Mizzila1297 Posts: 620 Member
    Three of my Sims children have grown into young adults now, leaving the fourth still a teenager. Two moved out on their own, and the third young adult got engaged and his fiancee moved in. One of the two children that moved out also won the lottery! Very eventful day haha
  • Options
    edited May 2023
    A frickin burglar came to our house and stole our TV and couch... We called the cops and then they fought and guess what? That frickin burglar beat the cop and ran away with our TV and couch.....

edit: Dang it, I didn't realize it was Sims 4 tread... :(
  • Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    @ebrietas wrote: »
    A frickin burglar came to our house and stole our TV and couch... We called the cops and then they fought and guess what? That frickin burglar beat the cop and ran away with our TV and couch.....

Ha-ha! You are Trapped now and can't get out. :cookie:
  • Options
    Rflong7 wrote: »

Tbh I'm fine with it, It seems nice here xD
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,585 Member

Haven't seen you on the boards in donkey's years! So good to see you again. I like your Avatar makeover.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    Haven't seen you on the boards in donkey's years! So good to see you again. I like your Avatar makeover.

HI! :mrgreen:
    Thanks! :cookie:
    Good to see you, too. It has been a long time. I hope you're doing well. :heart:
  • Options
    Lucy_HenleyLucy_Henley Posts: 2,972 Member
    I haven’t played Sims 2 in ages. I think the last time I did, I ran into lagging issues. Plus I have to boot up my old laptop.If I ever want to play it again (never say never!) I could probably start a whole new hood and start a town from scratch. I’d have to come up with some story/family ideas. Hm…
  • Options
    edited May 2023
    I played a school on an owned community lot for the first time (after already having played schools on residential lots, so it wasn't a totally new experience). It took a bit of trial and error, since neither the school tokens/controllers nor the collection with them were accessable. Eventually I realized that I had to buy the controllers via wholesale mode and then unmark them for sale.

At the end of the first day the "business" had leveled up just from the kids having played happily, and the teacher had earned a perk. I chose the motivation perk tree for her, since that felt in character for a primary school teacher.

Now that I know how this works, I will build a driving school for teens next. I always headcanon'd John Phillips (the car dealership owner from my new Downtown) to run a driving school on the side, now I can make it real.
  • Options
    It was the Contrary family's turn today (among others), the premade family where the teen had a strained relationship to his parents and flees into videogames, much to his father's annoyance.

Rick is an adult now and has recently moved his girlfriend in, a townie by name of Morgan. She is in the oceanography career, same as his parents, and also has the cuisine hobby, a real boon in this family, where nobody can cook. Anyway, both Morgan and Rick's mother got the same chance card, the one that opens with them PLAYING VIDEOGAMES AT WORK, leading to Morgan getting demoted and Rick's mother fired. You know what, Rick? You are such a bad influence on your family!
  • Options
    Demery27Demery27 Posts: 222 Member
    Babies Born : Cass and Don (Baby Girl), Dina and Daniel (Twin boys) Darren and Darleen (Twin girls) Daniel and Dina are currently on vacation (Daniel told Mary-Sue he had a business meeting) Dina wants Daniel to marry her, so she and their sons can be a happy family. Daniel wants to bring his daughter, Kathy to live with them if he decides to leave Mary-Sue. Lilith and Angela are both in college and are doing well, they even made the dean's list. Lilith and Dirk are engaged, while Angela and Dustin are no longer together, Dustin is engaged to his Girlfriend Cadence who he cheated on Angela with. Dina is also having an affair with Brandi, despite the fact Brandi is engaged to someone else. Mortimer Died after meeting his granddaughter, Bella is heartbroken and sulks around the Goth Mansion. Don got fired from his job, Alex grew up well into a teenager,nBrandi and her family moved into the home across from the Goths because they needed more space. Angela and Mary-Sue are no longer best friends but Mary-Sue and Lilith are best friends and stay in contact all the time Mary-Sue even invited Lilith and her college mates, to the home to catch up and barely interacted with Angela. Herb's daughter Aurora, grew up into a teenager and wants to meet her half sister. Meadow Pederson died from starvation while visiting the Travellers and is buried next to Herb, Coral, and another sim.
  • Options
    RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,850 Member
    Always nice to pop in and see people still playing, I had stopped with new games on my rotation then an unfortunate liquid accident killed my computer. I found a slightly older temporary laptop we had stored. However the internet, for whatever reason, wasn't fast enough to handle the download until today so as my usual routine trying to fix or damage one of the families in pleasant view on first load.

Brandi has to grow up and Dustin has to clean up his act :)
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • Options
    I think I got extremely lucky - my poor sim not so much.

I sent a sim to work with low bladder need, knowing he'd take care of that at work. I hadn't anticipated that he might get a chance card that would result in him getting fired... Well, exactly that happened. The sim returned home, came out of the car and peed his pants right there on the pavement, in full sight of the co-worker he had brought home with him. Talk about adding insult to injury!
  • Options
    Dina came to pick up her son from Daniel and Mary-Sue's, home while he was visiting his half sister Kathy. Mary-Sue and Dina fought while Daniel ran away from the scene, the two ladies are now enemies. Daniel decided to do a romantic interaction in front of Mary-Sue to Dina, Mary-Sue slapped her husband and then divorced him .Daniel cried and ran away from the family home, he decided to move in with Dina and their twin sons while Kathy stayed with her Mom, All of the college students are in their sophomore year of school. Surprisingly David ottomans and Angela have fallen in love due, to an autonomous action (I'll see how this plays out lol) Angela also got beat up by one of the professors. Daniel and Dina moved into a bigger home, because the boys needed their own space. They invited Lilith, Angela, and Kathy to their home, they then got Married in front of a few guests. Dina wants another baby from Daniel. Tina Traveller is a teenager along with Isiah Gavigan and Lucy Burb.
  • Options
    ToblieToblie Posts: 3,099 Member

HI! :mrgreen:
    Thanks! :cookie:
    Good to see you, too. It has been a long time. I hope you're doing well. :heart:

Omg, I popped in to see what was happening after so many years and see you. dunno if you remember me. I actually installed and played ts2 for the first time in ages. Forgot how fun this game actually was.
  • Options
    Angela caught David cheating (for some reason the cow mascot kissed him and Angela got upset at him) she slapped David he cried while losing Lilith as his best friend after she saw the mascot kiss him Dustin and Dirk comforted David by cheering him up while all the seniors were preparing for their final exams before going home Daniel came by and fought Cadence Dustin finally stood up to Daniel and the two argued resulting in Dustin throwing his drink at him Daniel stayed for a while then left to go back home the following day all the seniors passed their final exams and graduated with honors one by one each of them went home after having a party and inviting friends and family to celebrate I sent Alex, Lucy, Isiah, Beau, Aurora, and Sharla to college
  • Options
    blazerntqblazerntq Posts: 2,409 Member
    Hello. I have never really played the Sims 2 but I was thinking of giving it a try today.
  • Options
    blazerntq wrote: »
    Hello. I have never really played the Sims 2 but I was thinking of giving it a try today.

How did it go?

Launch player here, but I take many breaks (due to also loving Sims 4) and have to relearn some aspects of the game everytime I return to Sims 2. Like the fact that apartment neighbors do not only complain about dirty dishes, but also about smelly sims.

The complaining neighbor in question was the sim from the previous post, the one who had peed himself. The whole desaster happened in Arkhelios, in case anybody plays/played that neighborhood.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top