Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What do you think the hot update is?

Comments

• Options
    lunnarilalunnarila Posts: 221 Member
    Other
    It think it might be a romance update (chemistry, heart shaped bed, dating app, new interactions) or townies and story progression overhaul/refresh. I don't think its about cars at all because it would hype it and announce it for like few weeks, just like they did with infants
  • Options
    MoonCrossWarrior22MoonCrossWarrior22 Posts: 719 Member
    Other
    I hope they finish up updating the neighbourhood stories feature because it has not been touched for over a year...
    If you are interested in challenges; check out the Reincarnation challenge right at this link! here! | If you want spectator mode; go to this link. (for sims 3) here
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Other
    lunnarila wrote: »
    It think it might be a romance update (chemistry, heart shaped bed, dating app, new interactions) or townies and story progression overhaul/refresh. I don't think its about cars at all because it would hype it and announce it for like few weeks, just like they did with infants

Frost already ruled out the heartbed for the update.
  • Options
    BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,186 Member
    Summer outdoor activities
    Simmingal wrote: »
    all I think about when someone says free range is chickens and I don't think thats what we are talking about

Ha ha thats exactly where my mind went as well. :D
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
  • Options
    Other

then what would be the point to add 'old' heart bed in the basement kit
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,675 Member
    Other

Might be to state that it existed in the past and is too worn/broken to reappear. Still kept in the basement because holds so many great memories ;) ?
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    BeeBellsBeeBells Posts: 11 New Member
    > @catloverplayer said:
    > What do you mean about free ranging?

Like woohoo-ing is much less restricted than in the Sims 4.
  • Options
    Lenny_OggLenny_Ogg Posts: 3,696 Member
    edited May 2023
    Other
    since the heart shaped bed is disassembled in the basement treasures pack and the description hints that
    'maybe the vibration engine could even work again one day'
    my guess is that it actually is a hot update and we get the bed back.
    like in all the other sims games
    🌶🌡plus some other hot stuff 💕
    Post edited by Lenny_Ogg on
    d70aead6bd57d9113e587b03ecffce84b09267d0.jpgThe Boys 2 - Therapy Game 🛺 A Dramedy 🚶🏼🚶🏻🚶🏽🚶🏽 The Boys 🥇 Their first year - A Dramedy 🚀 Lost In Space - A Space Opera 🐎 The Stables - A Horse Drama
    🎁 Best of Buydebug ☃️ Short trips to the Oggiverse - Short Clips 🎬 My Builds: Houses 🏘 Rooms 🛋 SciFi 👾 creatively edited Screenshots 🎨
  • Options
    ItsGamerRachItsGamerRach Posts: 42 Member
    Update on the Caliente family
    Them updating Nina, Dina, Katrina, and Don is probably the most likely option but I'm hoping its them making that bed from the basement kit workable. Although them saying a 'Hot' update makes me think its something to do with firemen because they put out hot things 😂😂😂
  • Options
    lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,096 Member
    Other
    They said in a tweet that it's not the bed. And if they aren't kicking themselves for that, they should be.
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    Other
    They had something that looked like a black hoodie in the kits announcement picture. Maybe hot is quite literal, and we get some new sports clothes that either make you hot or just keep you hot while you work out. For those sims that are passionate about their sports wear.
  • Options
    ImpulsiveRaptorImpulsiveRaptor Posts: 16 Member
    Other
    I'm hoping for more build features like spiral stairs, better split levels, and new roofing features🤞. I keep looking at the prop houses in San Sequoia. Many have a roof feature we can't do in game currently (looks like a roof on half walls, not a full wall if you know what I'm saying).
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,975 Member
    edited May 2023
    Other

Well supposedly the old broken heart bed has a romantic Aura….. so in it has some usefulness for that quality.
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,975 Member
    Other
    fluke4 wrote: »
    I'm hoping for more build features like spiral stairs, better split levels, and new roofing features🤞. I keep looking at the prop houses in San Sequoia. Many have a roof feature we can't do in game currently (looks like a roof on half walls, not a full wall if you know what I'm saying).

I would love to see spiral stairs come back…
  • Options
    lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,096 Member
    Other
    I love that we can shape the regular stairs, but they don't spiral all the way around. And I definitely have builds that would benefit from them.
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,964 Member
    edited May 2023
    Okay totally false hope

BUT

the gallery is showing infants and toddlers... with dark forms :o

oh my oh my
    I don't have other occult toddler or infant yet to check if its just vampires though

edit:ah bummer it seems just vampires i was looking forward to cursed imagery with werewolves but they seem to show correctly
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Other

I don't know what the point was. Maybe their saving the heartbed for Hotels. I have the modded vibrating heart bed anyway.
  • Options
    CybersbeCybersbe Posts: 108 Member
    edited May 2023
    Summer outdoor activities
    Island Living refresh, maybe?

Probably a pipe dream, but I wouldn't mind some more summertime stuff regardless. (Heck, real life summer is just around the corner, so the timing would be apt!)
  • Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    Other
    i think it will be more appliances and furniture but only time will say
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    Other
    weird thing. I woke up in the middle of the night and checked my phone to see someone post a photo of sim bank and account managing, like finances and such but I can't find it anymore and I am more and more sure I have been dreaming. Hopefully because I wouldn't want bank account in the game.
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,964 Member
    edited May 2023
    Sudden thought has hit my skull out of nowhere: What if it is Hot(els) update?

I feel like we are due another travel pack but what if they did hotels as update for the base game and the travel pack just expands on it

that, just might make some sense actually since we can already travel everywhere but also because I feel like Spa day and Dine out etc have to work in connection to hotel lot type and it would probably be whole lot easier if hotel lot type itself was base game
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    MichelleWMichelleW Posts: 665 Member

I feel like we are due another travel pack but what if they did hotels as update for the base game and the travel pack just expands on it

that, just might make some sense actually since we can already travel everywhere but also because I feel like Spa day and Dine out etc have to work in connection to hotel lot type and it would probably be whole lot easier if hotel lot type itself was base game

I would love this but there is no way hotels are coming as a free update.
  • Options
    RedShoe7RedShoe7 Posts: 705 Member

Sorry but they will make people pay for hotels.
  • Options
    Simmer_chiyenSimmer_chiyen Posts: 362 Member
    This seems like the most likely scenario. While they’re at it, perhaps update EVERY pre-made to have matching relationships with other sims in their house or in town that were shown in their household descriptions. To this day Johnny Zest still isn’t related to his brother and parents, Bob and Eliza have no contention to begin with, the Calientes are not romantically involved with Don at all, and Summer and Liberty have no feeling toward Travis…
  • Options
    SnaveXsSnaveXs Posts: 4,322 Member
    Other
    It could be more body presets for the base game. I know they didn't reintroduce The Goth family until they included a new nose for him. I was thinking it might be a Dine Out refresh but we shall see.