Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

TS4 Totally Random Comments and Questions

Comments

• Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,915 Member
    I wish our sims could complete both branches of the careers. My sim is now in the law career. She will be finishing up in the judge branch but it seems more logical for her to complete the private attorney branch and then have the option to start on the judge branch. Same for the culinary career. One of my other sims is a level 10 celebrity chef and I'd love for her to able to go back and complete the mixology branch.
  • Options
    MrManyIdeasMrManyIdeas Posts: 203 Member
    edited April 2023
    So today's question: How to download houses (lots) from Google drive? I did watch some videos from Youtuber Simstopia yesterday and did see some great houses made with Base game material (featuring a lot of stuff made out of debug objects). I do not use the Gallery (I'm offline) but in the video description there is a link to Google drive. But how do I download this lots? there are many files. And for all I know, normal lots are just tray files...

www.youtube.com/watch?v=nh9ChTkZ5jE
  • Options
    SweetieWright_84SweetieWright_84 Posts: 4,129 Member
    edited April 2023
    Is there any items without mods that have RGB lighting? For example a keyboard that lights up or wall lights that change colour?

I’m trying to make a streamer room. I missed out on the HSY preorder items but I have all the packs.

Is there any animated lighting or would I just have to use the HSY RGB strip and keep it a set color?

You can change the color of all lights (wall lights & ceiling lights) in Live mode by clicking on the light and choosing Set Color and Intensity. They don't fade or switch colors but you can still have some color. There are few fairy lights in Parenthood that I think you can change the colors of.
    So today's question: How to download houses (lots) from Google drive? I did watch some videos from Youtuber Simstopia yesterday and did see some great houses made with Base game material (featuring a lot of stuff made out of debug objects). I do not use the Gallery (I'm offline) but in the video description there is a link to Google drive. But how do I download this lots? there are many files. And for all I know, normal lots are just tray files...

As far as I know, you download the files and put them in your Tray folder. You need all of the tray files from the specific lot or household for it to show up in your game.

If you're asking how to download from Google drive, there should be a download button around the top of the page, you might even be able to right click the file and download that way.

Edit: You can also try the online Gallery but I'm not sure if it will work since you said your game is offline.
    Gallery ID: SweetieWright_84--Save File Thread--Youtube Channel
  • Options
    JustinB113JustinB113 Posts: 1,050 Member
    Is there any items without mods that have RGB lighting? For example a keyboard that lights up or wall lights that change colour?

I’m trying to make a streamer room. I missed out on the HSY preorder items but I have all the packs.

Is there any animated lighting or would I just have to use the HSY RGB strip and keep it a set color?

You can change the color of all lights (wall lights & ceiling lights) in Live mode by clicking on the light and choosing Set Color and Intensity. They don't fade or switch colors but you can still have some color. There are few fairy lights in Parenthood that I think you can change the colors of.

Thank you! I found a streamer computer and I’ve been playing around with different lights. I can definitely find a good set up! Just a shame I can’t get them to rotate through different colors 🙂.
  • Options
    NitBittNitBitt Posts: 6 New Member
    Just started playing sims 4 a few days ago and want to get into building. What are some helpful commands to use when making a house? (I'm on MacOs)
  • Options
    MrManyIdeasMrManyIdeas Posts: 203 Member

@SweetieWright_84 OK so I need all the files. That's what I needed to know. Thank you :)
  • Options
    Brd709Brd709 Posts: 2,101 Member
    edited April 2023
    Why is Jill refusing to cook these two cakes? The cooker isn't broken and there's nothing in her route preventing her from getting to the cooker so why does she think otherwise? I've also reset her so i'm confused here.

wH00XmX.png

EDIT: Issue solved. On closer inspection, someone didn't take what they were cooking out of the cooker!
  • Options
    @NitBitt wrote: »
    Just started playing sims 4 a few days ago and want to get into building. What are some helpful commands to use when making a house? (I'm on MacOs)

I don't use MacOS but on Windows you hold Ctr+Shift+C to open cheats console. Whatever Ctr would be on Mac.

Bb.moveobjects on Helps placing objects in the same place. I don't recommend using it on objects that sims interact with. I usually use it for landscaping.
    Bb.showhiddenobjects Unlocks hidden objects in game. When used with bb.showliveeditobjects it unlocks extra trees, building shells, etc found in the world. You can filter by pack so it's not so messy.
    Bb.ignoregameplayunlocksentitlements Unlocks career rewards without having to be in the career. Note: I can't remember if entitlement is singular or plural when typing the cheat. So if one way doesn't work, try the other.

I may be wrong but I think sims can route within half a tile but it's best to keep at least 1 grid tile between objects that sims interact with.

As far as just getting started with building, looking up floorplans really help. If you use floorplans, I suggest whatever the room size is divide it in half. For example, if a living room on the floorplan is 10×10, make it 5x5 in game. It helps it not be a gigantic build.

Another thing I do to avoid having just a flat back of my builds is make the back be a mirrored image of the front (with a few modifications). This makes the build look good from front and back, and it's also makes it easier to floorplan. In my opinion anyway.

I hope this helps. If you have anymore questions, just ask. Good luck. 🙂
  • Options
    Here's one for you. I just got this notification about babies that have aged up. Now i don't play these households and i have aging off for unplayed sims. Would this be MCCC doing aging up?

LwrZSkJ.png
    Bi2V5gL.png
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,621 Member
    edited May 2023
    Wow, I would go to the MCCC thread and ask over there. That's pretty wild.
    Post edited by GalacticGal on
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    Brd709 wrote: »
    Here's one for you. I just got this notification about babies that have aged up. Now i don't play these households and i have aging off for unplayed sims. Would this be MCCC doing aging up?

It's possible it's MCCC. I wonder if it could be random aging in the MCCC settings. Like GalacticGal said, try over in the mod forum.
  • Options
    GirafHuntrGirafHuntr Posts: 759 Member
    @Brd709 Did you by any chance make a change to the number of days for a newborn lifespan? Even if you had aging off, I would expect them to age up if they were already past the max number of days for newbornhood.
    My username has been my internet handle for over 20 years since I was 16 and refers to when I had a crush on a very tall boy. I intend absolutely no violence toward beautiful giraffes. <3
  • Options
    Actually, silly me. Autoage Played Sims was checked! As you can see in the screenshot as a newborn Hannah aged from an infant to Toddler. She was one of my played sims and she missed getting her milestones.
  • Options
    Actually, silly me. Autoage Played Sims was checked! As you can see in the screenshot as a newborn Hannah aged from an infant to Toddler. She was one of my played sims and she missed getting her milestones.

Any chance you can roll back a save? Or at least age her back down? I believe we can do that with MCCC.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
  • Options

Any chance you can roll back a save? Or at least age her back down? I believe we can do that with MCCC.

I could go in to cas.fulleditmode when i go back in to their household. I don't know how that setting got changed. It was previously checked for Auto age active household only.
  • Options

I'm glad you figured it out. I didn't even think of that setting.
  • Options
    ElleLaAmourElleLaAmour Posts: 360 Member
    Hi guys, I'm looking for food CC that's only decoration. It's not prepared or eaten by the Sims, but just for looks.

I had a plate of spaghetti like that before I recently lost all my CC. I can find LOTS of deserts now but no main courses. What should I be searching for specifically?

Thanks.
  • Options
    Hi guys, I'm looking for food CC that's only decoration. It's not prepared or eaten by the Sims, but just for looks.

I had a plate of spaghetti like that before I recently lost all my CC. I can find LOTS of deserts now but no main courses. What should I be searching for specifically?

Thanks.

I just did a quick Google search for The Sims 4 decorative food CC and found a few. You may also want to try The Sims 4 Decorative food clutter.
  • Options
    edited May 2023

Thanks.

I just did a quick Google search for The Sims 4 decorative food CC and found a few. You may also want to try The Sims 4 Decorative food clutter.

Thank you, sweetie. I'll do that right now!

Edit to add Thanks again. Found tons!
  • Options

Thanks.

Thank you, sweetie. I'll do that right now!

Edit to add Thanks again. Found tons!

You're very welcome!
  • Options
    edited May 2023
    Hi again, would you guys help me figure something out? I want to play one of my sims in two different save files, which I assume can be done by using the library to first save the sim. and then accessing it again from the new save file.

But here's the problem... my sim is one of eight in a household. I don't want to delete seven of them just to save one sim to my library, so how should I do that? How can I save just one of them to the library without deleting the others first?

Thanks for your help.

Edit to add: I think I figured it out. Just load the whole household in the new save file, then delete the ones I don't want. lol
    I should have thought about it a few minutes more. lol
  • Options
    Hi again, would you guys help me figure something out? I want to play one of my sims in two different save files, which I assume can be done by using the library to first save the sim. and then accessing it again from the new save file.

But here's the problem... my sim is one of eight in a household. I don't want to delete seven of them just to save one sim to my library, so how should I do that? How can I save just one of them to the library without deleting the others first?

Thanks for your help.

Edit to add: I think I figured it out. Just load the whole household in the new save file, then delete the ones I don't want. lol
    I should have thought about it a few minutes more. lol

So glad you got it worked out. :)
  • Options
    edited May 2023
    Is anyone else having connectivity issues with the EA app? I know there were some issues earlier and the thread was closed as it's believed to be resolved.

I restarted the app and my computer. I know it's not my internet because my son is still in school (virtual) and everything is working fine for him.

I don't want to make another thread so I thought I'd ask here.

Edit: It's working now. I don't know what I did, if anything, but I did have to sign back in. This makes me really wish we could bypass the app all together.
  • Options
    ZoomerGirlZoomerGirl Posts: 135 Member
    Is anyone else having connectivity issues with the EA app? I know there were some issues earlier and the thread was closed as it's believed to be resolved.

I restarted the app and my computer. I know it's not my internet because my son is still in school (virtual) and everything is working fine for him.

I don't want to make another thread so I thought I'd ask here.

Edit: It's working now. I don't know what I did, if anything, but I did have to sign back in. This makes me really wish we could bypass the app all together.

Yea Im tired of the EA app. A lot of the time I have to do App Recovery (like think every 2 or 3 days) so itll clear the cache and then restart my laptop. Yesterday everytime I tried signing in it said "The network failed to do its network thing, try again in a few minutes" so after the 2nd or 3rd time i did this, i restarted the laptop and was able to log in
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,915 Member
    @SweetieWright_84 most of the EA App threads are merged into this one. Where EA_Cade addressed the connectivity issues happening today.

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/1005204/ea-app-required-now#latest

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top