Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

TS4 Totally Random Comments and Questions

Comments

• Options
    ryouma17ryouma17 Posts: 50 Member
    even though my account is a few years ago i still cant create my own posts so iam gonna put my question here instead

i've recently remodeled one of the alto apartments however the apartment came with the noisy neighbor trait i've removed the trait and replaced it with another however the neighbors continue to be noisy keeping my sims up all night i've even come so far as to evict the other household however the neighbors continue to keep my sims awake all night even though they no longer have any neighbors (i also dont have the option to pound on the door even before i evicted them)

is there any way to fix this or will i have to move somewhere else (this is my first time attempting to live in an apartment despite having owned city living since it came out)
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 36,085 Member
    @ryouma17 I don't have any sims living in apartments so I can't help you out there but I wanted to refer you to this thread on how to lose the new member designation. You have to have 15 posts and 25 points to become a member and be able to start your own discussions.

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/934205/small-change-for-new-members#latest
  • Options
    ryouma17ryouma17 Posts: 50 Member
    i tried asking this question over on reddit but the moderators over there all got sticks up their butts you cant ask for any type of help or they delete your post what a useless site
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,982 Member
    Hi @ryouma17 you can use the Quiet lot trait, which makes it so you never have neighbor sounds.
  • Options
    SweetieWright_84SweetieWright_84 Posts: 4,130 Member
    I think in order for it to work it would have to be created and stickied by the moderators. Probably won't happen. It would be nice though to have all the info in one thread for simmers. On the other hand it would probably be difficult to search for a particular pack. And the replies would probably end up out of order, etc.

There's one on Mod The Sims
    The Great TS4 most favourite/least favourite EP/GP/SP which one should I buy... thread.
    Moderator note: This thread is now stickied and edited to become the only thread on that topic

ETA: They also have this thread. 😄

The Great Sims 4 v 3 v 2 v 1 Thread
    Mod Note: This thread is now stickied and is the only "Which game is better?" thread allowed in this forum from this day forth. Any new "Which is better?" threads will be either merged with this one or locked, depending on how charitable the mod is feeling.

Maybe there could be one for each pack type?
    Gallery ID: SweetieWright_84--Save File Thread--Youtube Channel
  • Options
    Hi @ryouma17 you can use the Quiet lot trait, which makes it so you never have neighbor sounds.

Is that available for all apartments?
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,790 Member
    SimplyJen wrote: »
    We need a master thread for all those what pack should I buy threads.
    I've always wondered why wait on a forum to get answers when guides, reviews, plus Build/Buy & CAS you can see before you purchase are available. *shrug* Could be nice to have master thread that links all of these things.

edit: I understand some YouTubers who get packs/kits for free sugar coat everything and always have something positive to say no matter how broken something might be. :/

I think your answer is tied up with the idea in your edit. Who better to trust, than other players like yourself who aren't given perks to review something.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 7,082 Member
    Who better to trust, than other players like yourself who aren't given perks to review something.

That is so true, the perk part.
    But in other hand, so many opinions as players :)
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..
    My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Options
    Who better to trust, than other players like yourself who aren't given perks to review something.

To add to that, so many different playstyles as well.

I still think a thread could be beneficial for those seeking advice though. I actually asked that same question back in TS3 days--What pack should I buy. It was helpful. These days I just watch the live streams and see if a pack is worth it to me.
  • Options

This so much because different simmers value different features in a pack.
  • Options

This so much because different simmers value different features in a pack.

Maybe have a form of some sort to narrow down the playstyle of the one asking for advice. It could be similar to the bug report form on AHQ? Questions like "Are you a family player or deviant player?" or "Do you spend more time in CAS, Build/Buy or Live mode?" Just a thought. It could help the advisors to better understand what the asker is looking for. I've seen lots of answers in those thread asking that very thing.
  • Options
    ZoomerGirlZoomerGirl Posts: 135 Member
    I don't know if I'm really weird or "childish" buuuuuuuut some of the child and toddler CAS items I wish the older sims had, or like a "look a like"
    Like the rose pastel one piece for toddlers would be not be for adults but an outfit like it would be nice.
    But they're adults CAS items id like for kids, like the cat shoes from cats and dogs
  • Options
    ZoomerGirl wrote: »
    I don't know if I'm really weird or "childish" buuuuuuuut some of the child and toddler CAS items I wish the older sims had, or like a "look a like"
    Like the rose pastel one piece for toddlers would be not be for adults but an outfit like it would be nice.
    But they're adults CAS items id like for kids, like the cat shoes from cats and dogs

I wouldn't mind the infant animal onesie converted to other ages.
  • Options

Is that available for all apartments?

@simgirl1010 I think so? Have you found one where it can't be chosen?
  • Options
    DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 9,039 Member
    @mightysprite @simgirl1010 It seems to be tied to one lot, the name escapes me, in my game. I have several lot trait cheats and mods and the 'Quiet' trait never comes up as an option.
  • Options
    @DaniRose2143 ah okay I stand corrected. Just went in and checked. Several of the apartments have a locked lot trait that you can't change, and 920 Medina Studios has the Quiet lot trait in that slot. Quiet doesn't seem to be available to choose for the other apartments that I checked. Sorry, @ryouma17 .
  • Options
    JustinB113JustinB113 Posts: 1,050 Member
    edited April 2023
    I think there’s some objective advice you can give to people regarding packs. Paranormal is good value for money compared to other packs for example. Or that Cottage Living and Seasons are the most popular expansion. The modern menswear kit is niche and not really that popular. These are kinda just facts.

But yes, everyone feels differently about packs. Get together has such a variety of feedback. Still I quite like those threads to see what other people think and they generally get good advice here I think!
  • Options
    Brd709Brd709 Posts: 2,112 Member
    Look at the top notification at the top right of the screen. I've never seen this before. When i clicked on Brad he wasn't showing any illness moodlets and he did indeed take a sick day autonomously! I have no gameplay mods other than MCCC installed.

P3ux3l2.png
  • Options
    @mightysprite @simgirl1010 It seems to be tied to one lot, the name escapes me, in my game. I have several lot trait cheats and mods and the 'Quiet' trait never comes up as an option.

Could be the mod is blocking it. I had a mod that blocked the GF's Meet & Greet.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
  • Options
    Brd709 wrote: »
    Look at the top notification at the top right of the screen. I've never seen this before. When i clicked on Brad he wasn't showing any illness moodlets and he did indeed take a sick day autonomously! I have no gameplay mods other than MCCC installed.

P3ux3l2.png

I'm pretty sure I've gotten that notification before but I've never had a sim autonomously call in sick to work/school before. As for not showing any symptoms of illness, one of my sims did something similar a few weeks ago. She acted dizzy but nothing came up in her moodlets. She works as a doctor and while playing through that, she's had a few patients that had no signs or symptoms of being sick.
  • Options
    ZoomerGirlZoomerGirl Posts: 135 Member
    I think it'd be neat to have yard/garage sales and/or a way to donate the items we dont want anymore.
    Like right now I have a changing table and toddler beds (also cribs) that I dont want right now and dont wanna sell them because I have so much money atm and dont want anymore
  • Options
    @SweetieWright_84 You could always have the Sim take the generic medicine. If they truly aren't ill, you'll get a message they have taken medicine when not ill. Otherwise, you will get a notice they have taken medicine and have successfully combated a cold.
  • Options
    SweetieWright_84 You could always have the Sim take the generic medicine. If they truly aren't ill, you'll get a message they have taken medicine when not ill. Otherwise, you will get a notice they have taken medicine and have successfully combated a cold.

That's what I did. I was just commenting on @Brd709's comment of what I've notice in my game. Usually one of the first things I do when I start a new family is buy medicine for them. I usually buy around 5 bottles per Sim, and keep it in the fridge.

I don't always get the message of them taking medicine when they weren't sick though. It's hit and miss in my game. But I also kind of ignore notifications so all of this could be me not paying enough attention too. :D
    ZoomerGirl wrote: »
    I think it'd be neat to have yard/garage sales and/or a way to donate the items we dont want anymore.
    Like right now I have a changing table and toddler beds (also cribs) that I dont want right now and dont wanna sell them because I have so much money atm and dont want anymore

If you have City Living, you can sort of do that, I think. Isn't there a tarp you can sell furniture from? I know the selling tables and panting wall thingies work on residential lots.

It would be nice if we could gift old baby supplies to friends and family members, much like real life. My family saved lots of clothes and toys over the years and passed them onto the next ones.
  • Options
    KestrelDCKestrelDC Posts: 335 Member
    Some odd genetic stuff I've noticed in my current save:

Valerie, a brunette, married Sione, a blonde. According to the wiki, this means any child they have has a 50/50 chance of inheriting either hair color. They have six kids and.... five are blonde and only one, the youngest, is brunette (also the only one to inherit Valerie's pointy ears).

Silas, a werewolf, married and had kids with Shayla, a spellcaster, which similarly means each baby has a 50/50 chance of being either parent's occult. They have four children, of which three are spellcasters and one is a werewolf. The only werewolf also has such pitch black fur in wolf form that when you look at her head on her features just kinda melt away and her face and neck just kinda become this big dark shape:
    nCsy58w.png

Frustratingly, fantasy hair colors can't be passed down and have random genetics. Previously, I've always had it mean some variation of blonde every single time it isn't the other parent's hair color. However, now I'm experiencing it as more of a genetic wildcard. It still gives me a good amount of blondes, but one household in particular has been.... interesting. Sebastian has pink hair and Clement/Father Winter has blonde/gray hair. So far their children's hair colors have been dark red, light red, dirty blonde, platinum blonde, and black. I do intend for them to have another kid, so I'm curious what hair color that one will have.

While playing one household, my Sim from another household, Kalie, called to ask if she and her wife should have another baby. I said yes and when I eventually went to that household, Kaylie was pregnant... by her wife.... rather than a science baby. It was a bit... unexpected, NGL. :D
    wfyfk3mg6t02.jpg
  • Options
    JustinB113JustinB113 Posts: 1,050 Member
    Is there any items without mods that have RGB lighting? For example a keyboard that lights up or wall lights that change colour?

I’m trying to make a streamer room. I missed out on the HSY preorder items but I have all the packs.

Is there any animated lighting or would I just have to use the HSY RGB strip and keep it a set color?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top