Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Toggle off non-human characters...

I am a human only player. Not buying any packs with non-human characters unless there are the options to toggle off non-human characters.

Comments

• Options
    chongjasminechongjasmine Posts: 68 Member
    I really want to get get to work pack. Problem is, there are chances of encountering aliens. I will not get any non-human packs unless there is the option to toggle them off.
  • Options
    ThornwillowThornwillow Posts: 123 Member
    I'm an occult lover but i absolutely agree with you, and what more frustates me is the fact that they created an option for clubs to only accept sims with Vampires, Aliens or Mermaids traits but they didn't created an option to "erase" these traits in the game. Like... it's almost the same mechanic, so it's like they aren't even puting efforts in these request that are being made for a long time.
  • Options
    FutureFuture Posts: 336 Member
    edited May 2023
    I agree. You can disable vampires on doors and you can restrict Sims in their werewolf form to the Moonwood Mill world only which is nice. But I would like the consistency of an off button in options for all the occult types.

It’s a shame because you may want to buy a pack for the world or the items or the clothes but might not want to because you have to deal with the occults that come in the pack.

I think an off button will increase sales if you think about it and tbh I’m disappointed they haven’t made one yet.
  • Options
    FutureFuture Posts: 336 Member
    edited May 2023
    I would love a toggle off option for all occults in settings.

In the meantime, I buy whatever pack I like whether it includes a new occult or not (mainly for the worlds) but I only do so after MCCC mod updates with the ability to convert all occults to humans and stop them from being generated.

Usually takes a few weeks after the pack is released before it’s updated with that feature. So it hasn’t been a problem for me.
  • Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,109 Member
    I would love this option to be customisable per save. Sometimes I want the occults, sometimes I want to play a realistic save.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Options
    maggiemae8135maggiemae8135 Posts: 790 Member
    I would love toggles too. I play both humans and occult games. Sometimes when playing humans you don't want occults in game. Sometimes I want occults and humans. It would be great to toggle off and on which occults you want in your game or if you don't want any, depending on your play style or the story you want to tell.
  • Options
    I think toggles would be a win-win situation for all players. I understand why a non-occult player would want an occult pack. I love that CAS and BB items that came with all these packs!
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,965 Member
    edited May 2023
    I agree there should be toggles for this

at least toggles to turn off different occults (and celebrities) from the randomized townie generation
    also way to choose sims for the occult npc roles like Sages and Pollinator

I love occults but I hate how game will spawn these randomized ones that have none to do with my occult lore
    same with celebrities it annoys me so much sim can just start existing and immediately be global superstar
    like excuse me but what is the point of having famous sims if they are just being overridden by these nobodies

if we could turn off occults from randomized townie generation
    that would mean that if you did cure/delete all your occult sims
    there wouldn't be occults in your save.

it would also mean that we can keep just the occults we want being occults
    (say Vlad could be vampire but not the entire sim earth)

it would also make way more sense to play vampire hunters etc,
    since there wouldn't be limitless vampires
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,433 Member
    edited May 2023
    I love playing occults but am really disappointed in the way they are constantly toned down. As it stands now you will never see aliens unless you create one yourself or play the science career. Vampires only break in once and that's it. For spellcasters it is even impossible to make them behave like spellcasters outside the magic realm with the exception of an occasional broom arrival.

I would like to see a toggle to turn them off if this means the opposite will also be possible. If we can toggle them off, then the toggle on option can finally remove all the current restrictions on occults. The current situation tries to find some weird middle ground between pleasing realism and occult players which means neither can get what they really want. And a toggle for each individual occult would be best.

@chongjasmine occults have been toned down in all packs. You don't have to worry. Unless you deliberately seek them out, they won't interfere in any way. Alien abductions have been made so rare that they practically never happen unless you play an alien or the science career. There is no 100% guarantee but I personally don't think you will notice them much.
  • Options
    Atreya33 wrote: »
    And a toggle for each individual occult would be best.

Yes! It would be the best option for customisation for sure.
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    I suggest you avoid & don't buy the following packs that have non-human characters/themes (Occults):
    1. Get to Work
    2. Seasons
    3. Get Famous
    4. Island Living
    5. Discover University
    6. Vampires
    7. Jungle Adventure
    8. Realm of Magic
    9. Strangerville
    10. Werewolves
    11. Spooky
    12. Romantic Garden
    13. Paranormal

Warning: Base game contains non-human characters & occults.
  • Options
    chongjasminechongjasmine Posts: 68 Member
    What non-human characters does Seasons and Romantic Garden have?
  • Options
    Seasons has the Easter Bunny & Father Winter Occults.
    Romantic Gardens has the Magic Wishing Well Entity.
  • Options
    MoonCrossWarrior22MoonCrossWarrior22 Posts: 719 Member
    Good idea, sims 3 has this feature; why not sims 4?
    If you are interested in challenges; check out the Reincarnation challenge right at this link! here! | If you want spectator mode; go to this link. (for sims 3) here
  • Options
    I've always appreciated the Sims 3 Occult turn off options. :) As much as I love many different Occults, I never, ever liked the Zombies. I was always careful in my Sims 3 to only select certain moon phases so that the icky Zombies didn't come out. :s Furthermore, the turn off options for the other Occults came in handy, because I didn't want all Vampires running amuck or my poor human males constantly getting preggers due to their Alien Abductions. ;)
  • Options
    @SEVERFRA, that's true but in those cases you don't have to use Flower Bunny or Father Winter just by leaving them out of the goals for your holiday. Same with the wishing well, you don't have to put it into your game. I guess I don't really consider them occults in the same sense as the others.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,893 Member
    @chongjasmine do you consider the Grim Reaper an occult because he makes an appearance whenever a sim dies.
  • Options
    SERVERFRA wrote: »
    I've always appreciated the Sims 3 Occult turn off options. :) As much as I love many different Occults, I never, ever liked the Zombies. I was always careful in my Sims 3 to only select certain moon phases so that the icky Zombies didn't come out. :s

I hated the zombies too, and I did the same thing with the moon phases. Zombies ruined gardening in Sims 3 for me until they gave us the toggle. Customisation is so important.
  • Options
    EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,937 Member
    I do agree. While yes, you can make the non-human sims look as human as possible (with aliens even having human disguises), it doesn't entirely remove the occult gameplay, making you resort to mods.

Though base game does have ghosts, but you can release the spirit from the gravestone to make sure the sim that died won't come back as a ghost...
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,965 Member
    edited May 2023
    SERVERFRA wrote: »
    I've always appreciated the Sims 3 Occult turn off options. :) As much as I love many different Occults, I never, ever liked the Zombies. I was always careful in my Sims 3 to only select certain moon phases so that the icky Zombies didn't come out. :s

I hated the zombies too, and I did the same thing with the moon phases. Zombies ruined gardening in Sims 3 for me until they gave us the toggle. Customisation is so important.
    yeah the zombies always used to ruin my vampires fancy night outs so I really disliked them in ts3 :lol:
    oh how the tables have turned now that we don't have them in ts4 though

my vampires keep forgetting to have night outs just ordering food home
    and I'm having funny times in strangerville with the possessed
    Post edited by Simmingal on
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    Lenny_OggLenny_Ogg Posts: 3,696 Member
    if we get the option I'm all in for an 'only occult/no humans' option.
    that would be nice. my sims are almost all occults.
    would be fun to know they are all occults and then try to find out which haha
    d70aead6bd57d9113e587b03ecffce84b09267d0.jpgThe Boys 2 - Therapy Game 🛺 A Dramedy 🚶🏼🚶🏻🚶🏽🚶🏽 The Boys 🥇 Their first year - A Dramedy 🚀 Lost In Space - A Space Opera 🐎 The Stables - A Horse Drama
    🎁 Best of Buydebug ☃️ Short trips to the Oggiverse - Short Clips 🎬 My Builds: Houses 🏘 Rooms 🛋 SciFi 👾 creatively edited Screenshots 🎨