Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Your longest save

Β«1
What is the longest you have played the same save?

Sometimes I will get bored with one save after a couple of days and sometimes I play for months in a single save. I'm curious about others!
xn2jilzetfiu.pngshe/her

Comments

• Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,872 Member
    My current save. 5 years. Only 1 family.
  • Options
    SmellincoffeeSmellincoffee Posts: 963 Member
    edited April 2023
    In The Sims 1, I hit the 'hundred days' milestones in several households, the most memorable of which is the Socialites. They had six kids, I think, one of whom died in a Christmas tree fire. That family was special because I made myself do careers I usually avoided (Politics and Business) because they were so friend-intensive. (The Sims 1 counted the number of days a family was active on a lot, and if you played through 100 days you'd get pop ups telling you about the people who made the game. It was very cool but it would reset if you moved the family somewhere else.)

In The Sims 2, I played my self-sim's family until the neighborhood became corrupt, and then I created a new neighborhood and played it for almost ten generations, I think, until it also corrupted. I focused chiefly on the Green family, whose founder was Mortimer Green of SimCity 3000. TS2 hoods had character limits and old neighborhoods would become unplayable after a while.

TS3....I only had one family I sunk a lot of time into, and that was Sage Roark. She was an eccentric artist who became wealthy, and bought a clone-daughter of herself. I continued playing clone-daughters of Sage for four or five generations. She was named after the "Sage" host of San Andreas' Radio X, and for Howard Roark, the passionate artist and uber-individualist of Fountainhead...so her personality was interesting, to say the least.

TS4....I've played several saves through many generations, though never past ten, I don't think. The longest was "La Familia", which began with sim-me and later grew into a sprawl across multiple worlds. I used it to experience a lot of the packs and mods. Right now my biggest active save is a Pleasant legacy, which has gone for 4 generations, but it's actually longer than that because gen 3's heir died and was revived three times, then prolonged his life with numerous potions. Eventually he had a son who I liked more than I liked him, so I let him finally expire. I also remade Sage, and set about making her the Perfect Sim who had maximized all skills, done all aspirations, etc. The amount of packs outpaced my ability to do all the new stuff. :D I should load that one back up again, Sage is great fun.
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    My 5 Timeline Game Saves now has about the same amount of households, which is about 10 to 13 households each. ;):p
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,963 Member
    I think my current one is my longest save yet with ts4 its been around since 2019? or was it 2020? anyway its quite old compared to my other saves that used to turn out rather short and deathful :sweat_smile:
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion πŸ¦‡ Vlad Advocate πŸ‰ Team Dragons
    🏑 Gallery πŸ“– Stories 🌍 World Project πŸ₯” MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,845 Member
    The save in my signature, Under The Tartosan Sun. I started redecorating Piccolo Luce for my main character Danielle Chabert about a year and a week ago. A lot has changed since then, but that save is still far, far closer to its beginning than it is to its end. I don't see an end to that story anytime soon. It will follow me to Rene/TS5, LBY, Paralives, or whatever at this point.
  • Options
    ZerelthZerelth Posts: 35 Member
    Wow, and I thought I played singles saves for too long! Thank you for sharing everyone it was great to read through them! β™₯
    xn2jilzetfiu.pngshe/her
  • Options
    SweetieWright_84SweetieWright_84 Posts: 4,129 Member
    My longest save would have to my Westbrook family in TS4. I started that save in 2017. O don't play it much anymore but I played it exlusively for 2-3 years off and on. I plan on going back to it one day when I figure out what I want to do with it.
    Gallery ID: SweetieWright_84--Save File Thread--Youtube Channel
  • Options
    FurAndYarnFurAndYarn Posts: 459 Member
    My longest save lasted several years and 34 generations. I started to have issues with the save after a game bug and moved the current heir over to a new save. I'm now on generation 51 overall.

I blog their story... the link is in my signature.
    Explore the story of my over 50-generation legacy family!
    z5lD0kSm.png
  • Options
    Umbreon12Umbreon12 Posts: 881 Member
    I think my oldest save for Sims 4 is about two years, with multiple families.
    The one for my Sims 2 is much longer, but i don't play Sims 2 as much anymore.
  • Options
    Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    In Sims1 I had one save that I played almost exclusively until Sims2 was released. So, maybe three years? In Sims2 there was a save I played almost every day. A family of five that I loved dearly. I actually was able to play it through five generations. I still visit them from time to time as I have Sims2 installed on an older desktop so there's no way for me to say how long I have played that household. Sims3 was so glitchy I did a lot of restarts with two different families. One was my Brad Pitt and Angelina save but I renamed both of those characters. I found two Sims on the Gallery that looked spookily similar to the real Brad and Angelina and they lived on Isla Paradiso with four children. I was able to get three generations into that save before it imploded. And I didn't have the heart to restart them again. One family from Sims3 still resides on another desktop and I go back once a year or so just for the nostalgia. I believe they are at gen four now. I have the Legacy Edition of Sims4 on another laptop that I visit once in a while because it was the save I started when Sims4 was released. That Legacy version also has my Gilmore Girls save and I visit it off and on because it took me a while to get the main characters and lots all set up. Whenever I play that particular save I make sure I have a few hours to spare because there are so many Sims to keep track of. And I try to play it as close as possible to the series with the town meetings and different festivals that happened in nearly every episode. Unfortunately, the gaming laptop that held all of my other Sims4 saves died shortly before Growing Together was released and I lost four saves I had been working on since EA switched from 32bit to 64bit. All four of those saves had hundreds of hours of gaming time invested in them and I was gutted when I lost them. Especially when my Cottage Living save was my favorite and I had spent so much of my time playing only that save. Now I have started over again and I seem to be having some issues with doing that because I can't stop thinking about what I had before my laptop died. I have never been fond of do overs because they take so long to set up. Six weeks later I am still updating and changing the worlds to my liking. :/
  • Options
    WildIrishBansheeWildIrishBanshee Posts: 2,105 Member
    My longest were my Sims 2 saves where I often got to gen 5 playing rotation style - one family, many branches lol. So far, I don't think I've made it past gen 2 in Sims 4 - mostly due to losing saves. There are some families that I've lost that I still miss. Started over (forced) with Growing Together, and only on gen 1 so far.
  • Options
    RapidRabidRabbitRapidRabidRabbit Posts: 134 Member
    When I first got the game in 2014, I didn’t know you could start new saves so I was just playing one save from about 2014-2017 πŸ’€πŸ’€
  • Options
    rjssimrjssim Posts: 1,339 Member
    I'm still playing on the same save since TS4 was released. I also play quite often. I have aging turned off, so there's a lot of longtime sims still around.
  • Options
    Coconut27Coconut27 Posts: 860 Member
    about 4 weeks lol
  • Options
    Lenny_OggLenny_Ogg Posts: 3,696 Member
    since sims 4 was released, over 8 years πŸ‘©β€πŸ’»
    my sims seldom age and never die, so i am very attached to them (some of my sims 4sims already existed in sims 3)
    and i like to have them all together. they are almost all connected with each other and many of them appear in my stories from time to time.
    for 9 months i play with the same household πŸ˜…
    and even if i play a younger version of a sim, the older version is in the same save and they meet sometimes haha
    d70aead6bd57d9113e587b03ecffce84b09267d0.jpgThe Boys 2 - Therapy Game πŸ›Ί A Dramedy 🚢🏼🚢🏻🚢🏽🚢🏽 The Boys πŸ₯‡ Their first year - A Dramedy πŸš€ Lost In Space - A Space Opera 🐎 The Stables - A Horse Drama
    🎁 Best of Buydebug β˜ƒοΈ Short trips to the Oggiverse - Short Clips 🎬 My Builds: Houses 🏘 Rooms πŸ›‹ SciFi πŸ‘Ύ creatively edited Screenshots 🎨
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    I'm still on my one and only save I created on Sims 4 release day.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    DaraviDaravi Posts: 1,144 Member
    My longest active played save is from 2020 where I currently hit generation 8. Otherwise I'm a notorious new game starter and switching families for a short game time. I have a new idea, want test it, got bored of the same faces and annoying neighbors everytime, forget about it and go back to my decadechallenge family. After such long time, that save became unique and I run in sims I never met before. And I like to puzzle if they are somehow related to my sim or not.
  • Options
    JessylrkJessylrk Posts: 1 New Member
    My longest save is six months old.
  • Options
    DoodlyDoofusDoodlyDoofus Posts: 1,184 Member
    Got a save I've been playing since 2017. I get some personal enjoyment getting to add a new expansion pack to my save file knowing I had a few generations that never knew what something as simple as Dogs, Rain or College was.
  • Options
    ZazzyKittynZazzyKittyn Posts: 371 Member
    Longest save was my legacy save
    it got corrupted last year so deleted all copies of it
  • Options
    EleriEleri Posts: 550 Member
    edited May 2023
    I started two saves in late 2018 when I first bought the game. The first was for poking around the Sims 4 to see what it was about. The second was for starting the 100 baby challenge. I think I felt that I needed to start a whole new save for that because I didn't understand how the aging mechanics worked yet. I would never do that nowadays. I still go back to those two saves on and off, if I have an idea for a challenge or a plot line.

Actually, those are just my longest saves in Sims 4. In Sims 2 I played Pleasantview for 8 years. I think I only got to five generations because I was literally rotating through every single household.
    -No, my almost-elderly mother, I don't think it's a good time for you to try for a baby.
    -Yes, person I barely know, you have my blessing to hang out with Johnny Zest.
    -No person with the mean, hot-headed and self-absorbed traits, I don't think you should get married.
  • Options
    lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,095 Member
    Sims 2- nearly 8 years. Sims 4- 4 years, but I don't play it per se. It's a sort of base save that I build on to and update periodically. Then I save a new copy of it to play with when I feel like starting over. The current start-over is only maybe two months old.
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
  • Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    No idea as I don't keep track, I rotate among the saves, some of which date back to TS4 antiquity. I've 3 folders of save files to work with.
  • Options
    amydunneamydunne Posts: 25 Member
    I've only ever had one since I bought Sims 4 in summer 2020. Lots of different families, my largest being a 14 generation family I'm playing now.
  • Options
    Ersa_MiddletonErsa_Middleton Posts: 697 Member
    2020-2022

While I might have a save for much longer than that, it'll likely be even longer before I have family as large in the same amount of years.