Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you still play newborns now that we have infants

Β«13
The new infants are so great. To me it feels like they kinda make newborns unneeded, especially when you have growing together and infants can do basically nothing at the start. The way they develop feels very organic. So I am inclined to just skip the newborn stage and age newborns up to infants right away. I do think that the update for newborns was nicely done, it makes me almost feel guilty for trying to move onto the infant stage right away.

So I would like to ask how other simmers do this. When I say skip an age I mean age up straight away.

Do you still play newborns now that we have infants 194 votes

I play both newborn and infant lifestage
70%
Bluegaylevancanuckfan86EvvieSimmerNh6650JaiSeaKita5399Sara1010PGalacticGalLaBlue0314MichelleWbandit5alan650111IceyJOolonglongBonjourwomanCabelle1863WedAlexaiHowGreatThouArtMartinv 137 votes
I play only infants and skip newborns
14%
CK213grevilliablueSimmervillePaigeisin5PinkHairGuitarspice3BabykittyjadeLoriTSpNinja-Dan22pammiechickAngelEb95ChadSims2-KendallKatz-sillyangel0906RedDestiny92KirbycatZiafarLuvMySimzMareahcomicsforlife 28 votes
I play only newborns and skip infants
0%
I don't play newborns or infants but move onto children right away
4%
OceanbornAngel13mitchiebanjobillisrulzfazemanpresssuperkyle221CatzillaEleriSaartjeh 8 votes
I play only young adult sims and above, never the younger ages
3%
FlashMarkerg01denswanSorak4MarkwilsonLenny_Oggshobontea 6 votes
Other
7%
Colorist40Mariefoxprice83LizzychicagoSimplyJenphantasmkissDragonAge_300905CAPTAIN_NXR7WaytoomanyUIDsEnkiSchmidtGrumpyGlowfishRionAgriasEllupelluelluIsharellUmbreon12mightysprite 15 votes

Comments

• Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,428 Member
    This is how I feel about infants and newborns at the moment but maybe I will start playing newborns again in a few months or a year. I really like the look of the new bassinet but since newborns are still tied to the bassinet, I like to grow them up so they can visit relatives and friends. I am more interested in seeing my youngest sims grow through milestones.
  • Options
    happyopihappyopi Posts: 1,355 Member
    I enjoy the breather of box baby before moving on to chaos. They can be safely ignored without guilt while my sims get ready to have time for infants.
  • Options
    SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    I keep it a newborn for a day or two, and move onto infant and toddler as usual
  • Options
    WildIrishBansheeWildIrishBanshee Posts: 2,105 Member
    Depends on if it's an aging on or off game - off, I skip newborn, always have, so I can start collecting skills and traits - and now milestones. On, they stay newborns until their birthday.
  • Options
    manicobsessivemanicobsessive Posts: 1,111 Member
    My sim just had a baby and I played the newborn lifestage and am now playing the infant one. I think I probably will always play both. I mean, it's only a newborn for like a sim day and a half now.
  • Options
    RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,850 Member
    I think I stopped with newborns when toddlers were brought in but still might take a photo from time to time, now as soon as I can age up bye for them so they are just fine as a placeholder :D
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,872 Member
    I play with aging off and all my sims remain in their life stages for a very long time. I have plenty of time to enjoy both the newborn and infant stages.
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    I wouldn't be opposed to playing newborns but I'm generally not much of the baby type and never really had one because there was nothing to do with them.
    Infants are too cute not to have one so I just have one perminate infant that will probably be an infant for a few years πŸ˜….
    I generally enjoy playing with all the different lifestages because they all feel individual. Especially now since each one feels more defined now. Newborn is the only one I don't feel like I'm missing anything by skipping it.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,109 Member
    Other
    I keep newborn for a single day.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Options
    UniqueKhaosUniqueKhaos Posts: 470 Member
    With aging on or off, I play both. If aging is off, I age the newborn up when it feels right. With aging on, I just do it when the birthday pops up on the calendar.
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,963 Member
    I have always skipped newborn stage in all games it was possible in :lol: yeah no waawaaawaaa in my headphones aged you are nooboo

I've tried few times to hold back and not age them up before their time but i fail everytime :lol: toddlers and infants tho so far so good
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion πŸ¦‡ Vlad Advocate πŸ‰ Team Dragons
    🏑 Gallery πŸ“– Stories 🌍 World Project πŸ₯” MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    FatTribble23FatTribble23 Posts: 847 Member
    I do still play the newborns, but only for an hour or two (sim hours, not RL hours) before aging them up.
    HcmCUds.jpg
    Life needs an undo button.
  • Options
    EvvieSimmerEvvieSimmer Posts: 134 Member
    I still play with both but I play on the normal life span so I only have the baby for 1 sim day before moving on to the infants
  • Options
    EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,937 Member
    I haven't had any new newborns, but I usually let them be newborns for 2 days. Now that infants are out, I'm planning to shorten it to 1 day.
  • Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    edited March 2023
    Other
    I give newborns a day before aging them up.

Even though infants are time consuming, I don't age Infants up early.
    i7-13700K β€’ 16GB β€’ RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,889 Member
    Other
    I haven't had a baby born since the update. But, I think I will keep them as a newborn for the normal length, nice to have that adjustment period :)
  • Options
    hely0thely0t Posts: 345 Member
    I was curious how many would skip the newborn stage. I personally don't like it but I guess I'd skip to the infant stage after a few (in game) days just so my Sims get to have their baby for a bit.
    "You've got a face, I've got a face, it's all gonna be alright." - Noel Fielding
  • Options
    fazemanpressfazemanpress Posts: 206 Member
    I play newborns for maybe 10 to 20 minutes then get bored and age them up to toddlers - or kids - but since Get Together - i been enjoying toddlers more with the milestones options and more interactions
  • Options
    EleriEleri Posts: 550 Member
    In the past I've played challenges where you had to keep newborns for a certain amount of time. If it's not a challenge rule, however, I've always skipped that phase, even before they added infants. From what I've seen of them, infants just seem like watered down toddlers, so I don't have much interest. I'm assuming when you say "move onto children" you actually meant "move onto toddlers." I very rarely skip the toddler phase.
    -No, my almost-elderly mother, I don't think it's a good time for you to try for a baby.
    -Yes, person I barely know, you have my blessing to hang out with Johnny Zest.
    -No person with the mean, hot-headed and self-absorbed traits, I don't think you should get married.
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,673 Member
    I had to pick one... :) I like the newborn improvements, they are so much better than before. So I normally keep them in their crib for a day or so, the very first meeting is always fun and exciting, so it's not true that I skip the newborns fully. I just play them as infants a little longer. I don't have the pack yet so there's not a lot to do, but because I'm not really a family player, I like to have a few nice moments with the infants before moving on. In some households it might be quite okay, while in others it might get less interesting.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    I only play with infants have not used a bassinet since 2014 that is not changing with the tiny update they did on them. Had they put in the effort and made newborns actually newborns and not just bassinets I would have gladly played them. Leaving a baby alone in its bassinet until it can move is evil to me not the family play I'm looking for its just not for me I'd prefer my Sims snuggling their newborn while watching a show more of what I'd want to see not something you deal with basic needs and off you go.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    So far I play both. The update to Newborns changes playing with them enough to make them a bit fresh.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER β€” Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    MareahMareah Posts: 792 Member
    I barely played with newborns before we got the infants.
  • Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,342 Member
    Other
    Still skipping to toddlers except in specific challenges. I don't even have the infant update yet. The new lifestage and Growing Together look like nice to haves, but nothing so critical to my playstyle that I'd be in a hurry to risk my game. (Yes, I'm a scaredy cat when it comes to bugs and new features. But watch me pre-order when (if) they announce heists or super heroes!)
  • Options
    RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    I don’t let my sims die, so I have them hang out in each stage for a really long time.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley: