Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

San Sequoia World Discussion

Comments

• Options
    WildIrishBansheeWildIrishBanshee Posts: 2,105 Member
    Ray_Trace wrote: »
    I have the unpopular opinion that I think they shouldn't make a new world at all and just focused entirely on gameplay and CAS/build/buy. I barely play with other worlds, sticking with only a few and I barely leave my home lot anyway. I do see the complaints about San Sequoia though, it looks like Willow Creek and we got another San Francisco-based world plus there's like nothing to do in it or anything from it that sets it apart from other worlds. Honestly with the way that world has been received by the general community, like whatever if we didn't get one, it looks like they're forced to make a new world in the fastest and cheapest way possible.

Pretty sure it's the only SF based world? Though it's more Marin County, less SF IMHO. Wrong side of the bridge lmao.
  • Options
    FutureFuture Posts: 336 Member
    I just realized it would be nice to be able to access the yards of other homes. Like if you can place a water slide in one Sim’s yard and another family in the neighborhood could walk over and use it without a loading screen because the “entire house” isn’t needing to be loaded, just the outside.
  • Options
    Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,905 Member
    So my big project for the weekend was taking out the library and adding in a community space, per @EmmaVane's suggestion about making it into a four seasons festival lot, with one season devoted to each lot sub-type. It's a work in progress, but it has already made all the difference in the world to how lively downtown feels. I started with spring for the generic lot, then summer for the community garden, fall for the marketplace, and winter for the maker space, which I think worked out really well. I have art easels for every season, and garden pots for every season, to make up for the lack of both in the open world. There's also a photo booth for every season, sales booths, and a little area with a microphone and a guitar for live music.

Spring also has a swingset, lots of flower decor, meditation stools, and a little table with pink bubble bottles . Summer has the swingset and a few splash pads; I'd like to add in the ice cream stand from HSY, but if not, I may just stick an ice cream maker on a little table. Fall has a bonfire, extra sales tables and garden pots, a pumpkin carving station, and Patchy in a couple of spots; I still need to add more spooky decor. Winter has a bonfire, an iceskating rink, some non-functional Winterfest trees as decor, and a Winterfest tree to decorate for a community treelighting.

I still need to peruse debug items, which will hopefully give me even more to play with to make them truly seasonal. I'm also trying to decide whether any of the seasons need a food stand (or whether I should just hope for the seasonal food booths popping up in the open world eventually).

It's not perfect, and I really wish the lot was more like a 50x40, or at least a 40x40, so I would have more space for, like, the haunted house from HSY for fall. But even so, with the movie theater just across the street, it gives me big Isla Paradiso festival lot nostalgia vibes. So, I think after I replace the Robles house with a wedding venue, and add in a cafe or retail space to the empty lot on Manzanita Terrace, downtown will be much more interesting.
  • Options
    Pebbles_75Pebbles_75 Posts: 11 New Member
    Hi sorry I'm very new here so wasnt sure where to post my query. Does anyone know if Kyle only visits if you live in San Sequioa? Has he visited any of your lots outside this world? He hasnt been yet but my sims currently live in Henford on Bagley so I just wondered. Thanks
  • Options
    Coconut27Coconut27 Posts: 860 Member
    My main gripe with the world, as beautiful as it is, is the lack of interactable things in the "open world" parts. There are no harvestables that I've noticed and I wish there had been more things to do near the movie theater rabbit hole besides the food stand that closes by 11pm. The trails worked nicely for my sim to go on a walk with her infant with the baby carrier though!

And I know many simmers have said they're okay with only 12 lots, but idk. I have strangerville and it's world came with 11 lots plus the secret lab so thats technically 12, and that was just a GP. Like the world itself really is pretty and the shell buildings are gorgeous, but i'd have liked even just 2-3 more lots.
  • Options
    NushkaNushka Posts: 380 Member
    Pebbles_75 wrote: »
    Hi sorry I'm very new here so wasnt sure where to post my query. Does anyone know if Kyle only visits if you live in San Sequioa? Has he visited any of your lots outside this world? He hasnt been yet but my sims currently live in Henford on Bagley so I just wondered. Thanks

I'm not fond os San Sequoia so I didn't move any of my played households over there. In total, I have played with 4 different households since Growing Together came up and none of them have been visited by Kyle yet. Still, I don't know if that's always the case or it's just a matter of time until Kyle decides to drop by.

I did have had a household -yup, the whole household- related to the Sim that married my legacy sim come and visit to "help" with the newborn. Disclaimer, they weren't helpful, there were too many sims to take care of the little one and they kept cancelling each others attemts to take care of the infant.
    Happy simming!
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,673 Member
    Just a quick comment on the lack of harvestables. Is it not possible to plant a new plant off lots? I'm 500% sure that in Oasis Springs there are several off-lot plants that seems to have planted themselves next to their mother plant. There might need to be a mother plant, but if we can just find a way to leave fruit on the ground, there might be a chance of it rooting?
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    Just a quick comment on the lack of harvestables. Is it not possible to plant a new plant off lots? I'm 500% sure that in Oasis Springs there are several off-lot plants that seems to have planted themselves next to their mother plant. There might need to be a mother plant, but if we can just find a way to leave fruit on the ground, there might be a chance of it rooting?

The issue isn't planting new plants. A lot of worlds already come with pre-grown plants around the towns for your sim to just click and harvest, but this world doesn't seem to have any added to it.
  • Options
    edited March 2023

Usually... by which I mean, in the absence of a bug... you cannot plant new plants off-lots unless there are plant pots already officially placed off-lot. (E.g., the small community garden areas in Oasis Springs, Granite Falls, Henford.) In those cases, I believe you can drop a plant into the pot, and either plant it yourself or someone else might come along and do it. Although on further reflection, I have a vague memory of being annoyed that I couldn't plant in the Henford community garden myself, I had to wait for other sims to do it.

I think what you are referring to might be because of some of the plant reset bugs that came with Seasons and at various other points: plants would reset and "drop" their fruit on the ground, and in some cases, a new plant would come up, or some unplayed sim would plant it. However, as far as I can tell, it was neither an intended effect nor one that can necessarily be replicated at will.

Unfortunately, it is all too easy to accidentally uproot or kill a plant that is out in the off-lot world, but adding them is another story altogether.
  • Options
    MichelleWMichelleW Posts: 665 Member
    There is a wild rose bush near the 64×64 lot.
  • Options
    RandomTokenCodeRandomTokenCode Posts: 184 Member
    Coconut27 wrote: »
    My main gripe with the world, as beautiful as it is, is the lack of interactable things in the "open world" parts. There are no harvestables that I've noticed and I wish there had been more things to do near the movie theater rabbit hole besides the food stand that closes by 11pm. The trails worked nicely for my sim to go on a walk with her infant with the baby carrier though!

And I know many simmers have said they're okay with only 12 lots, but idk. I have strangerville and it's world came with 11 lots plus the secret lab so thats technically 12, and that was just a GP. Like the world itself really is pretty and the shell buildings are gorgeous, but i'd have liked even just 2-3 more lots.

When I realize we could get 5 lots per neighbourhood in GP, I know the reason for performance and new-player-friendly is nonsense. They can make the hood smaller and add just one lot, which influences a little.
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,889 Member
    I've heard about simmers complaining there isn't a lot to do in SS but there are 1 or 2 empty lots we could put something on like a restaurant, spa,bowling alley,skating rink etc. I think I'm going to put down a skating rink or amusement park in SS.

Same. In no sims game was there much to do around the world besides rabbithole. The real fun actually happens on the lots! I'm going to put an arcade and fun lots for sims to visit during vacation. They won't be short of things to do🤭

I do appreciate worlds with things to do in the neighborhood terrain. (Otherwise why have neighborhood be terrain instead of just a backdrop, like in TS2?) My favorites are San Myshuno, Mt. Komorebi and Moonwood Mill.
  • Options
    DeadFishyDeadFishy Posts: 2,762 Member
    Sorry, I have no idea how this neighbourhood is spelled.

I've noticed that there is nobody walking the neighbourhood in this place. It can't be that I don't have the memory to support it on my computer but I cant figure it out. It's a huge open neighbourhood but theres no opportunities for my sims to meet other people.
    Go Raps!
    canada-flag-tiny.gif
  • Options
    Sims do gather at the rec centre but for some reason they are all bald?

Screen-Shot-2023-03-22-at-10-09-32-AM.png

Go Raps!
    canada-flag-tiny.gif
  • Options
    RapidRabidRabbitRapidRabidRabbit Posts: 134 Member
    I think the reason why it appears so empty is because each neighborhood is so big and the lots are spaced so far apart. In base game worlds like Oasis Springs, you'll notice that the routable area is a lot smaller and the general neighborhood has lots closer together so even if there are the same number of walkbys in San Sequoia and Oasis Springs, Oasis Springs will seem more lively because all the walkbys are stuffed in a smaller area.
  • Options
    EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,937 Member
    DeadFishy wrote: »
    Sims do gather at the rec centre but for some reason they are all bald?

Screen-Shot-2023-03-22-at-10-09-32-AM.png

Ok. Now that starts giving me creepypasta vibes...

It is indeed strange...
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,963 Member
    did you have hair cc in your game you removed? could explain the bald sims

as for ghost town yeah i don't see many sims i did have couple visitors though knocking on my doors

but also i was playing vampire so i didn't really look around either

rec center lot seems to get quite crowded though to point of annoyance but it might also be that all the puzzle tables are in one room and those are the ones they seem to use like all the time
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    The rec center stays pretty busy for me during the day (though it is a ghost town after early evening), and Anchorpoint Wharf is significantly better (busier) for me since I replaced the library with a festival lot, but yeah, the world as a whole seems dead, dead, dead.
  • Options
    SnaveXsSnaveXs Posts: 4,322 Member
    Sadly, San Sequoia isn't the only ghost town world. The outside spaces don't have many sims walking about because the sims spawn close to the active lots. Before the patch update I had downloaded a mod by weerbesu, that'll spawn sims to walk over a longer distance. Sims were actually walking through the carnival pier area. I wish they could get on rides by themselves and just interact with the objects in that area. I haven't put the mod back in my game yet after the update but at least you get to see sims walking around.

03-05-23-11-52-07-AM.png
  • Options
    Simmingal wrote: »
    did you have hair cc in your game you removed? could explain the bald sims

as for ghost town yeah i don't see many sims i did have couple visitors though knocking on my doors

but also i was playing vampire so i didn't really look around either

rec center lot seems to get quite crowded though to point of annoyance but it might also be that all the puzzle tables are in one room and those are the ones they seem to use like all the time

So CC hair. I did have a few I removed before installing though. Certainly not enough to warrant this. It was like one hairstyle
    Go Raps!
    canada-flag-tiny.gif
  • Options
    So strange. It’s a nice neighborhood but with no wins walking by it’s a little gloomy
    Go Raps!
    canada-flag-tiny.gif
  • Options
    BriteHavenBriteHaven Posts: 1 New Member
    The Gilbert Gardens neighborhood of San Sequoia has a primary school, pictured here: https://64.media.tumblr.com/922535cee48a4ca970cb064d81495d1c/5649dc479a892ea4-99/s1280x1920/6199e7c264acaa55691300183c0ce6856d6618be.png

I wish I could mod it to function like the lecture halls in Discovery University, so my child sims could actually walk to and from school, as well as visit for other activities (like earning extra credit).
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    BriteHaven wrote: »
    The Gilbert Gardens neighborhood of San Sequoia has a primary school, pictured here: https://64.media.tumblr.com/922535cee48a4ca970cb064d81495d1c/5649dc479a892ea4-99/s1280x1920/6199e7c264acaa55691300183c0ce6856d6618be.png

I wish I could mod it to function like the lecture halls in Discovery University, so my child sims could actually walk to and from school, as well as visit for other activities (like earning extra credit).

I thought that was a prison or some sort of modern art center type building. It doesn't have enough windows to qualify as a school.
  • Options
    DeadFishy wrote: »
    Sorry, I have no idea how this neighbourhood is spelled.

I've noticed that there is nobody walking the neighbourhood in this place. It can't be that I don't have the memory to support it on my computer but I cant figure it out. It's a huge open neighbourhood but theres no opportunities for my sims to meet other people.

do you use mods? if so, i'd suggest the population control option from MCCC
  • Options
    SnaveXs wrote: »
    Sadly, San Sequoia isn't the only ghost town world. The outside spaces don't have many sims walking about because the sims spawn close to the active lots. Before the patch update I had downloaded a mod by weerbesu, that'll spawn sims to walk over a longer distance. Sims were actually walking through the carnival pier area. I wish they could get on rides by themselves and just interact with the objects in that area. I haven't put the mod back in my game yet after the update but at least you get to see sims walking around.

03-05-23-11-52-07-AM.png

omg yes when I played in this area literally NO ONE was there besides my sim and the vendors. It's as if no sims are routed to show up here so it stays deserted. It really ruins the immersion, because in a small town, you'd think ALL the teens and families would wanna hangout there to do something fun.