Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

San Sequoia World Discussion

Comments

• Options
    RapidRabidRabbitRapidRabidRabbit Posts: 135 Member
    I personally don’t mind the size of the world. With the way worlds work in TS4, I just think of them as neighborhoods in a larger town. For example, Forgotten Hollow, Glimmerbrook, Moonwood Mill, Copperdale, and Evergreen Harbor could all feasibly be different neighborhoods in one town
  • Options
    zeppelin123zeppelin123 Posts: 864 Member
    edited March 2023
    There are lots of swim areas in the lakes near the splash pad, including a spot where toddlers can wade, and parents can dip infant toes in the water while holding them. (it was one of the first things I found in the world)
  • Options
    Monet11Monet11 Posts: 1,426 Member

simlish1 wrote: »
    Dianesims wrote: »
    Do we know more about the weather in San Sequoia ?

I've noticed thunderstorms and generally warm weather even when it rains

I used the weather machine to make a blizzard. Snow did not stick to the ground.
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 9,046 Member
    edited March 2023
    Getting started with some building :blush:
    but I actually changed my mind about most of the lots in this world :lol:
    no good scheming before I'm actually there I guess

I decided that the rec center will stay on the lot it is on currently yes
    and the lot surrounded by the roads becomes my one and only elderly home

Zb4BmzM.png
    RtH8SWy.png

the elders can then go to park with their family or take a little loading screen to the rec center next door :)

I also made lot with 2 houses in wharf
    thought its so odd they wouldn't add actual house like this to live in
    given wharf is full of this kind of house

but also just having one of them on wide lot seemed quite... lonely. :sweat_smile:
    and 3 again felt like it'd be too hard to play like 3 households in one household
    sDLSkDD.png

also I found it so funny the space in between perfectly fits the waterslide thingy from backyard(?) stuff :lol:
    I was thinking of putting the slide somewhere in this world given all the water park thingies
    but I had not considered that :lol: does feel little unsafe though :sweat_smile:
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    MichelleWMichelleW Posts: 665 Member
    I would be really disappointed if the pack did not come with a world and I agree as others have stated that EA can't escape the complaints no matter what they do.

I've stated in a few threads that a great solution would be some sort of world builder pack again agreeing with what was mentioned above.

Personally I enjoy the themed worlds so I'm not mad at the shells. I really wish they had made that beautiful white building on the marina a clickable restaurant sort of like they did in tartosa.

More fishing spots and swimmable water options would have been an easy addition to make the world fill more full. The addition of a mango harvestable would have made a lot of sense. Having the ability to fish in the little John boats would also have been a wonderful addition.

I'm grateful to have more lots, especially 50×40 and 64×64. Even more would have been great but I will take what I can get.

I think this pack finally tipped the scale to making Sims 4 the superior Sims game, it's a shame it took this long to get there.
  • Options
    Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,914 Member
    Simmingal wrote: »
    btw beware there is quake zone lot challenge in gilbert gardens unhabited house lot
    and yes it gets very annoying while trying to take care of your infant
    and then your screen just goes wonk a wonk wonk out of nowhere :lol:
    I had to turn it off because gosh I am just trying to learn how to play now game let's see about that when I actually need a challenge

I was wondering whether they would add that to any of the premade lots! It makes sense for the world, but I can see where it would get annoying with an infant. I've been scheming about where I would want to put it. Now I just have to remind myself whether that's only for residential lots or can be used elsewhere. If not, it could be amusing on the rec center lot.
  • Options
    JustinB113JustinB113 Posts: 1,050 Member
    edited March 2023
    People will complain about worlds regardless. Different people want different things.

I’d say SS is one of the weaker worlds because it doesn’t please the game players (not enough gameplay), and it doesn’t please the builders (not enough lots). It’s also just not that interesting an aesthetic and one we already had done better with BB. I kinda feel forced to play there as it’s the new world but it doesn’t excite me at all.

As I said elsewhere though it’s wrong to compare worlds like this to the world of a pack where it’s the sole focus like sulani. But people will, human nature. I would just say if they’re going to make a world with barely any gameplay they should give more lots for builders. Should really be satisfying one group of players if not both.

I would suggest they don’t need to make a world for every pack. They could have put the time spent building this world into making more gameplay items/events instead like seasons. But people would complain about that too. They can’t really win.
  • Options
    RandomTokenCodeRandomTokenCode Posts: 184 Member

Zb4BmzM.png
    RtH8SWy.png

the elders can then go to park with their family or take a little loading screen to the rec center next door :)

but also just having one of them on wide lot seemed quite... lonely. :sweat_smile:
    and 3 again felt like it'd be too hard to play like 3 households in one household
    sDLSkDD.png

also I found it so funny the space in between perfectly fits the waterslide thingy from backyard(?) stuff :lol:
    I was thinking of putting the slide somewhere in this world given all the water park thingies
    but I had not considered that :lol: does feel little unsafe though :sweat_smile:

@Simminga l am impressed by the shell and you made it come true! Would you mind uploading it to the gallery?
  • Options
    edited March 2023

Zb4BmzM.png
    RtH8SWy.png

sDLSkDD.png

@Simminga l am impressed by the shell and you made it come true! Would you mind uploading it to the gallery?

both are now on gallery exterior only :)
    I'll take thousand more years to do insides and such though so I'll just have these out for now :lol:
    Manzanita Terrace
    18 Celebration Way
  • Options
    itsTheSimsGuyitsTheSimsGuy Posts: 77 Member
    > @RapidRabidRabbit said:
    > I personally don’t mind the size of the world. With the way worlds work in TS4, I just think of them as neighborhoods in a larger town. For example, Forgotten Hollow, Glimmerbrook, Moonwood Mill, Copperdale, and Evergreen Harbor could all feasibly be different neighborhoods in one town

This is what my headcanon is too lol

I have the desert places as “one world” but different neighbourhoods on the one world etc. makes a bit more sense that way and I use a mod to only allow sims to travel to their respective “worlds” so I don’t see sims from Willow Creek for example in oasis valley.
  • Options
    itsTheSimsGuyitsTheSimsGuy Posts: 77 Member
    > @itsTheSimsGuy said:
    > > @RapidRabidRabbit said:
    > > I personally don’t mind the size of the world. With the way worlds work in TS4, I just think of them as neighborhoods in a larger town. For example, Forgotten Hollow, Glimmerbrook, Moonwood Mill, Copperdale, and Evergreen Harbor could all feasibly be different neighborhoods in one town
    >
    > This is what my headcanon is too lol
    >
    > I have the desert places as “one world” but different neighbourhoods on the one world etc. makes a bit more sense that way and I use a mod to only allow sims to travel to their respective “worlds” so I don’t see sims from Willow Creek for example in oasis valley.

Oasis Springs rather
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,459 Member
    I've heard about simmers complaining there isn't a lot to do in SS but there are 1 or 2 empty lots we could put something on like a restaurant, spa,bowling alley,skating rink etc. I think I'm going to put down a skating rink or amusement park in SS.
  • Options
    FatTribble23FatTribble23 Posts: 848 Member
    I had my family living in Brindleton Bay take a short vacation in SS, and it's really pretty so I'm not disappointed in the world too much. I am about to take a break from playing the family (an infant and a toddler are wearing out both me and both their parents) and evict all the townies to Not in World so they'll still be around without taking up lots and put down community lots and rentals. I've decided to consider Brindleton Bay and San Sequoia as parts of the same area, even though one looks like New England and the other the Pac Northwest LOL. It makes sense in my head. :wink:
    HcmCUds.jpg
    Life needs an undo button.
  • Options
    I personally don’t mind the size of the world. With the way worlds work in TS4, I just think of them as neighborhoods in a larger town. For example, Forgotten Hollow, Glimmerbrook, Moonwood Mill, Copperdale, and Evergreen Harbor could all feasibly be different neighborhoods in one town

This is why I don't mind similar aesthetics in the world's. It is less immersion breaking to travel between similar style worlds. I mostly use worlds that look very different for vacation worlds and have activities set up specifically within them for use during vacation. I still want highly themed worlds representing different places but mostly want them for the fantasy of vacationing.
  • Options
    JustinB113 wrote: »

I would suggest they don’t need to make a world for every pack. They could have put the time spent building this world into making more gameplay items/events instead like seasons. But people would complain about that too. They can’t really win.

I disagree, I'm still salty about the lack of world on Seasons lol.

I'm not quick to make the basegame argument bc I don't mind paying for the work done in this game however I feel like weather should have been basegame. Seasons should have expanded on that with a world that gave great opportunity for enjoying the seasons and a changing seasonal festivals lot.
  • Options
    edited March 2023
    I've heard about simmers complaining there isn't a lot to do in SS but there are 1 or 2 empty lots we could put something on like a restaurant, spa,bowling alley,skating rink etc. I think I'm going to put down a skating rink or amusement park in SS.

thinking of doing rollercafe+ bowling on that library lot

idk yet what but the vacation house lot is going to be turned community lot too
    this neighborhood does need nightlife of some sort tho so something in that realm maybe
    babies and kids will just hang out at the parks and rec center

and i might put restaurant or something for the Bayani lot
    since its close to the shell thats not useable for those means and drives me crazy

• Options
    This is a pretty great video showing features of the world itself.

https://youtu.be/lxPmTJbhyUc
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,153 Member
    It’s Ok.
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member

Same. In no sims game was there much to do around the world besides rabbithole. The real fun actually happens on the lots! I'm going to put an arcade and fun lots for sims to visit during vacation. They won't be short of things to do🤭
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,971 Member
    edited March 2023
    MichelleW wrote: »
    I would be really disappointed if the pack did not come with a world and I agree as others have stated that EA can't escape the complaints no matter what they do.

I've stated in a few threads that a great solution would be some sort of world builder pack again agreeing with what was mentioned above.

Personally I enjoy the themed worlds so I'm not mad at the shells. I really wish they had made that beautiful white building on the marina a clickable restaurant sort of like they did in tartosa.

More fishing spots and swimmable water options would have been an easy addition to make the world fill more full. The addition of a mango harvestable would have made a lot of sense. Having the ability to fish in the little John boats would also have been a wonderful addition.

I'm grateful to have more lots, especially 50×40 and 64×64. Even more would have been great but I will take what I can get.

I think this pack finally tipped the scale to making Sims 4 the superior Sims game, it's a shame it took this long to get there.

Some people complain because they experienced using tools that were used in creating worlds in previous versions unlike in Sims 4 which for me not having the use of such tools in this version is a minus because i have to now alter whatever plans I have in which I did not have to in previous versions. If there were no tools back then, it would not have been much of an issue today. EA/Maxis had set a precedent and now that is like trying to close Pandora box.
    Post edited by Goldmoldar on
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    QueenMercyQueenMercy Posts: 1,680 Member
    I have a family living in a house I built on the empty 20x30 lot in the movie theatre neighbourhood and putting an anti-fishing sign on the pier was kinda mean.

Anyway there’s a small chance it’s mod related but I’m getting tired of getting movie theatre chance cards for unplayed sims. Like oh no Nancy Landgraab’s experience is being ruined by people who are talking!
  • Options
    RedShoe7RedShoe7 Posts: 707 Member
    QueenMercy wrote: »
    I have a family living in a house I built on the empty 20x30 lot in the movie theatre neighbourhood and putting an anti-fishing sign on the pier was kinda mean.

Anyway there’s a small chance it’s mod related but I’m getting tired of getting movie theatre chance cards for unplayed sims. Like oh no Nancy Landgraab’s experience is being ruined by people who are talking!

I used the movie theater for the first time today and got a message about a sim I wasn't playing. I hope it's a bug and not intended.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,459 Member
    RedShoe7 wrote: »

I used the movie theater for the first time today and got a message about a sim I wasn't playing. I hope it's a bug and not intended.

There is a bug with the cinema. I made a thread on it at AMQ. I didn't know about this glitch though.
  • Options
    QueenMercyQueenMercy Posts: 1,680 Member
    RedShoe7 wrote: »

It happens when my sims aren’t even at the theatre so it’s probably a bug?
  • Options
    Ray_TraceRay_Trace Posts: 509 Member
    I have the unpopular opinion that I think they shouldn't make a new world at all and just focused entirely on gameplay and CAS/build/buy. I barely play with other worlds, sticking with only a few and I barely leave my home lot anyway. I do see the complaints about San Sequoia though, it looks like Willow Creek and we got another San Francisco-based world plus there's like nothing to do in it or anything from it that sets it apart from other worlds. Honestly with the way that world has been received by the general community, like whatever if we didn't get one, it looks like they're forced to make a new world in the fastest and cheapest way possible.
    A1hnP0t.png