Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Now that we have infants...

TeeSeaTeeSea Posts: 1,556 Member
edited March 2023 in The Sims 4 Game Feedback
Now that we have infants does anyone else feel like there's a even bigger gap between children and teens?
Newborn: pretty much sleeps all day
Infant: more interactions (not sure what they are yet)
Toddler: can do most stuff on their own after a while, but still need a lot help from older sims
Child: school, dolls, toys, make crafts, grab snacks etc. then all the sudden
Teen: pretty much a young adult but still there are limits as to what they can do
Young Adult: college, travel, dating, marriage, career, buy a home, starting a family
Adult: marriage, family, career, prepare for retirement
Elder: retirement, grandkids, travel

I feel we need tweens.
Tweens: puberty, first crushes, still plays with toys but has other interests

I guess what I am trying to say is that the child sim immediately turning into a teen with out an in between stage feels like something is missing, especially now that we have infants.
I would love to hear your opinions.
(I know there's a pre-teen mod)

Have a good one!
Post edited by EA_Cade on

Comments

• Options
    BlueR0seBlueR0se Posts: 1,595 Member
    Teens have crushes and puberty in HSY tho.
  • Options
    sillyangel0906sillyangel0906 Posts: 5,405 Member
    I would have preferred tweens instead of infants tbh.
    Origin ID - Sillyangel0906

Q7wLwse.png
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    I strongly believe it could very much be possible for the game devs to make a new
    Tween Lifestate in Sims 4. ;)
  • Options
    RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,850 Member
    It seemed impossible before, for all we know the new Littles were a test and they will be able to add another before ts4 is done. We'll see but I am hopeful.
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,964 Member
    edited March 2023

So which part of this couldn't just be part of kid or teen lifestage?
    also all these are subjective experiences people might have at different ages
    (for instance some have puberty later or earlier
    and some might not even have crushes / have their crushes in teens or adulthood rather
    and as for toys that could just be childish trait thing)

I don't see anything that needs new lifestage in specific
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    telemwilltelemwill Posts: 1,752 Member
    I'm not opposed. I think it would be nice to do for Sims 5.

I do think there needs to be more if a distinction between teens and young adults in CAS. Mods that shorten teens a tad help me to distinguish them better.
  • Options
    IcewolfIcewolf Posts: 709 Member
    No, I don't think we need anymore life stages.
  • Options
    RedShoe7RedShoe7 Posts: 705 Member
    I'd just like shorter teens but I don't think we'll get that in this game, maybe Sims 5.
  • Options
    lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,096 Member
    I don't think we need another life stage either. As a mother of 4 kids, I can tell you there isn't much distinction and I find the whole tween idea silly. It's a short transition between about 10-12 where they stop playing with "little kid" toys and start doing things that are slightly less "childish". But major changes in activities and interests happen after they hit their teens.

The biggest gap is actually between toddlers and children. The age from about 3-6/7 is missing. But, as I said already, I don't want anymore life stages.
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
  • Options
    jacqpinksjacqpinks Posts: 2,118 Member
    RedShoe7 wrote: »
    I'd just like shorter teens but I don't think we'll get that in this game, maybe Sims 5.

I agree :D It has always annoyed me that Sim teens are the same height as adults
    Jacqpinks ♥'s The Sims
  • Options
    pearlbhpearlbh Posts: 313 Member
    I would have preferred tweens instead of infants tbh.

Me too.
  • Options
    PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    Nope! There is nothing unique about preteens that can't or haven't already been added to kids or teens.
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    lisamwitt wrote: »
    I don't think we need another life stage either. As a mother of 4 kids, I can tell you there isn't much distinction and I find the whole tween idea silly. It's a short transition between about 10-12 where they stop playing with "little kid" toys and start doing things that are slightly less "childish". But major changes in activities and interests happen after they hit their teens.

The biggest gap is actually between toddlers and children. The age from about 3-6/7 is missing. But, as I said already, I don't want anymore life stages.

These are my exact thoughts. I always felt like little kids are missing and the kids we have feel closer to what people call "tweens". I always wanted smaller kids but there is no demand for it so I doubt we would ever get it.
    Teens with the highschool pack, childish trait,, and parenthood fill all the tween check boxes. We just need shorter preset heights to choose from IMO.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    DivapixieDivapixie Posts: 63 Member
    edited March 2023
    I'm another one in the no tweens for me camp. For a lot of the reasons already stated.. and well my 3 were harder during the tween years than any other phase.

I have absolutely no desire to revisit that particular circle of hell :D .
  • Options
    MoonCrossWarrior22MoonCrossWarrior22 Posts: 719 Member
    I don't think we need more life stages, I always thought children at ages 9-12 were still children, not preteens...
    Preteens just seems like another title to make them seem kinda like teens but to me they are not teens till 13.
    If you are interested in challenges; check out the Reincarnation challenge right at this link! here! | If you want spectator mode; go to this link. (for sims 3) here
  • Options
    lovemy4slovemy4s Posts: 153 Member
    I don’t think it’s a matter if a new lifestage needed but a rework on the current teens. They need to be shorter and younger looking. The teens we currently have now look just like young adults, there really isn’t much difference in them except for things they can/can’t do in gameplay. I don’t know which would be more difficult, new lifestage or overhaul of teens, because I know nothing about that kind of stuff but I just think that’s really why people are unhappy and asking for a preteen because teens are to adult like.
  • Options
    lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,096 Member
    ^ That. Teens just look like young adults. But because they wear all the same clothes and do the same actions as adults, I'm sure it would be difficult to make any substantial changes. I know it's been said it before, but it's because of Olympus.
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
  • Options
    TeeSeaTeeSea Posts: 1,556 Member
    I would be okay with a teen and child rework.
  • Options
    Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    I do feel like the jump from "kids" looking like they're 10 to "teens" who look like they're of drinking ages is a bit jarring. But I'm not too fussed with them after almost 9 years (I also use a mod to make my teens automatically be a little shorter).

What kind of game play would they have that would be different? Is it just for the visual immersion? All the 10-12 year olds I know in RL act like teens (with the exception of being able to drive), in the fact they have the same obsession with their phones, youtube, tiktok, snapchat, and video games. The only thing they're not too obsessed with like teens are romance/crushes and fashion/makeup of some sort.
  • Options
    honeywitchhoneywitch Posts: 321 Member
    as others have stated above, i don't think we need another life stage. the problem = teens are way too much like young adults. if the teens were updated it would bridge the gap.
  • Options
    EricasFreePlayEricasFreePlay Posts: 849 Member
    There does need to be some age adjustments in this game. There could be the following ages:

Newborn (birth-3 months)
    Infants (4 months to 1 year)
    Toddler (1-3)
    Chilld (4-10)
    Young Teen (10-12)
    Teens (13-19)
    Young Adult (20-40)
    Adult (40-65)
    Elder (65-death)

This is the closest I could come to making a change to the ages in the game because kids in this game seem to go from looking like toddlers to looking like they are 11-12 in the game with nothing in between. And then make adjustments to the Teens, Young Adults and Adults to make them more distinct.
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    I agree I need preteens for those who say teens and children can cover the gap of preteens lucky for them but for me they never will be able to.

The size is important to me visuals are important especially in a game like this there is truly no way to play a younger teen/preteen in the game. All of the effects of puberty have occurred in the current teen's height and body they look like adults everyone remembers the Sims team having to add "teen" when you hover over them because no one could even tell the difference I still have teens spawn for high school that look like elders had one today even had the grey hair. :#

I want to play an important gap that is completely missing they need to play as a mix up of children and teen but neither. Like they could play with toys but be ashamed if someone older or a peer seen them jealously of an older teen sibling being able to do something they can't the awkwardness the voice cracks so much is missing that fits neither adult sized teen nor child.

But a huge victory for generational family players today one of the two huge age and game play gaps was fixed we got #FreeTheBabies now we just need preteens #FixTheAgeGap
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    Perti23Perti23 Posts: 61 Member
    I think it's unlikely we'll get any more life stages. But if we did, I would much more prefer preschoolers to preteens.
  • Options
    FutureFuture Posts: 336 Member
    RedShoe7 wrote: »

I downloaded a mod to make teens shorter but I didn’t like that their face wasn’t in the full frame of their photos anymore. Lol it was like from the nose down was completely gone because they weren’t tall enough to fit.
  • Options
    MendotaMendota Posts: 794 Member
    Simmingal wrote: »

So which part of this couldn't just be part of kid or teen lifestage?
    also all these are subjective experiences people might have at different ages
    (for instance some have puberty later or earlier
    and some might not even have crushes / have their crushes in teens or adulthood rather
    and as for toys that could just be childish trait thing)

I don't see anything that needs new lifestage in specific

The teens look like adults, Maxis adding so called puberty to teens that look 20 years old, was really kind of a joke. If it wasn't for height mods, I would have quit the game long ago.