Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Your Favourite DLC of 2022?

BK747BK747 Posts: 174 Member
edited January 2023 in The Sims 4 Game Feedback
With 2022 coming to a close, I thought it'd be fun to see what everyone's favourite DLC releases of the past year were.
Post edited by EA_Cade on

Your Favourite DLC of 2022? 93 votes

GP - My Wedding Stories (February)
10%
Simmervilleg01denswans_stutlerSelinaKylesKathykinsVivi_WillowTreemrs_starkeyBabycakelingsSimDork23GhostDragon1351 10 votes
GP - Werewolves (June)
54%
GoldmoldarLeGardePourpreOolonglongPlayerSinger2010imhappyelanorbretonmaggiemae8135SavorySageMoon_WillowDarkLady2788SimplyJenPinkHairGuitarashcrash19phantasmkissbixtersannaliese39CAPTAIN_NXR7kw4222Karababy52EnkiSchmidt 51 votes
EP - High School Years (July)
26%
auroraael14CK213yesme88simgirl1010loubyloulouRamblineRoseNinja-Dan22ID-ChristianChuChuExpressChadSims2Bren91MDianaSimsEvilyn_1007birdonawireTTNsimmerDianesimsBK747KimmerUniqueKhaosJustinB113 25 votes
Kits - One of the 8!!!
7%
garapoesStarfreejoRN1414logionLuckySimmer10SeashoreLiviaRandomTokenCode 7 votes

Comments

• Options
    While the gameplay lacks in some areas, the world is awesome and the BB and CAS are pretty cool! MWS is a buggy mess and I'm not a huge occult player, so this one kind of wins by default for me.
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,408 Member
    GP - Werewolves (June)
    I don't own HSY, but I just loved everything about werewolves. It's one of my favourite packs!
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,429 Member
    edited January 2023
    GP - Werewolves (June)
    I love the werewolves EP. I have been asking for this for years. I had no idea how this could be enough content for an entire GP but the devs obviously did know. The only thing missing is a female body for the female werewolves.
    Even with the limitations on the looks of female werewolves this GP is one of the best in a long time.

Wedding stuff is nice for the world, clothing and especially the tea set. I just wish we could choose between the old wedding event and the new one. I wish I had waited for a sale for this one.

High school years is a pack I am not inclined to get. I dislike how this pack was rushed out way too close after werewolves. What did those poor werewolves do wrong to be pushed aside so quickly by those rude and rowdy teens? To make matters worse there was quite a bit of nudging to get simmers to buy this pack. Age lengths were secretly altered to lengthen the lifespans of teens (and older) . Which means toddler and child life stages are now too short compared to the teens. And all this without a single word in the patch notes. Then there was the excessive phone use. I can see how this can fit in for teens for players who buy this pack. It should however never have been implemented for players who don't want high school years. Then there are the new wants that only work for base game and this one EP. One of the most heard complaints about whims was lacking pack integration and wishes only get integration with one single pack? And then we haven't even talked about the fact that origin forced the patch for this EP upon many players against their will.
    As if this is not enough there is no option to turn off hair growth or the social bunny for the entire game. It has to be done for every sim individually which is a lot of loading screens.
    Had this pack been released without trying to intentionally ruin the excitement for werewolves and without all the nudging, then I might have gotten it for the world and CAS. But under these circumstances it will be the first ever EP I will give a hard pass since livin' large (first Sims 1 EP)
    Post edited by Atreya33 on
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,890 Member
    GP - Werewolves (June)
    No contest!!

12-13-22-2-29-16-PM.png

37-rampage1.png

• Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,343 Member
    GP - Werewolves (June)
    The weres could do with tails (I use cc tails now) and transformation can be a bit tricky in rotational play, but overall I still haven't tired of the pack. Looking back at my screenshots, I seem to have felt the need to include werewolves in almost every save and challenge I played this year.
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    edited January 2023
    GP - Werewolves (June)
    They were mostly all bad.

I voted for werewolves cause even though I don't like rabbit hole gameplay, I do like the occult life state.
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,675 Member
    Maybe I should not have voted as My Wedding Story is the only recent pack I got :) Anyway, I like it.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    RememberJoyRememberJoy Posts: 1,139 Member
    GP - Werewolves (June)
    I'm waiting for both MWS and HY to be 50% off before I buy them as neither one interests me all that much, so I guess Werewolves win by default. I do think it's a well made pack, but werewolves have never really interested me all that much, so I don't see myself playing with them too often. I guess this just wasn't my year, lol. I did like some of the kits, but they can't really compete with the larger packs.
  • Options
    ashcrash19ashcrash19 Posts: 4,407 Member
    GP - Werewolves (June)
    Werewolves with High School Years as a close 2nd!
    "Not All Who Wander Are Lost"-Tolkien
    Origin ID: simaddict1990
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,963 Member
    GP - Werewolves (June)
    Meanwhile I've been yearning for couple dancing, tea and romance I really can't say release of MWS was too dandy with all the problems and problematics

it just unfortunately left me more heartbroken than in love

which was why I was hesitant on even buying werewolves but luckily its been rather opposite for me with werewolves and mostly I've just had great fun with Greggy

as for High School idk because I didn't even buy it yet and I'm already kinda salty about carnival being rabbithole and all

idk even if its particularily pack i would enjoy with all trendy social media whatever
    so for now I'm just kinda skipping it
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    BabycakelingsBabycakelings Posts: 100 Member
    I haven't played werewolves yet so I can't judge on that. But I really enjoy weddings being more detailed. I normally spend a great amount of time on early family gameplay (like getting married til aging up the first baby up to a toddler) so it was like heaven to me.
    tumblr_pjpuetVQKC1vjcb7vo1_1280.jpg
  • Options
    KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,883 Member
    ...for CAS and BB. I never have weddings.

Werewolves are nice too, but I think they look weird. Not played one yet, haven't really been a fan of werewolves in previous sims games either.

HSY? Too much focus (as usual, I'd say) on being popular, social media, being all hip and trendy. Again, a nice pack for CAS/BB.
  • Options
    LiebeslottchenLiebeslottchen Posts: 69 Member
    Actually I think they were all bad. For me HSY has the best CAS & BB and that's about it.
  • Options
    GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    edited January 2023
    GP - Werewolves (June)
    Werewolves is the only one I own (unless the free desert kit counts, too), and the only one I cared about this year. I'll get Wedding Stories and High School Years eventually, but only when there's a very good sale.

My personal ranking, based on what I've seen, would be as follows:
    1. Werewolves
    2. High School Years
    3. My Wedding Stories

Edit: Looking at this other poll about the best kit of 2022, I had completely forgotten that Little Campers came out this year. Yeah, I have that one, too. Kits still don't compare to proper packs in my opinion, so I won't put it anywhere on my list.
  • Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,109 Member
    edited January 2023
    I didn't buy any of them this year. I thought I was going to get HSY at one time but the comments here put me off. I was tempted by werewolves for a time but they are too cutesy for my taste, and again some of the comments bothered me.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Options
    GhostDragon1351GhostDragon1351 Posts: 23 Member
    My Wedding story map is so so good!! Even tho the gameplay is bugged, all of the item that came with it was so good I feel like it makes the pack worth it :D
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    GP - Werewolves (June)
    1. Werewolves for 100% everything.
    2. High School for Copperdale World, Objects, Build Modes, CAS, ThifTea Shop & Traits.
    3. Wedding for Tartosa World, Build Modes, Objects & CAS.
    4. Little Campers
    5. Desert Luxe
    6. Decor to the Max
    7. Pastel Pop
    8. Moonlight Chic
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,408 Member
    edited January 2023
    GP - Werewolves (June)
    I wish these polls remained in general discussion, they'll just gather dust in game feedback.
  • Options
    musteni wrote: »
    I wish these polls remained in general discussion, they'll just gather dust in game feedback.

Agreed... I don't know why it was moved.
  • Options
    PeralPeral Posts: 873 Member
    GP - Werewolves (June)
    Wolvies of course, the gamecreators seems to have fun making this pack
  • Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,233 Member
    edited January 2023
    GP - Werewolves (June)
    Easy choice
    1. Werewolves
    2. High School Years
    3. 8 kits :
      1. Carnival Streetwear
      2. Desert Luxe
      3. Moonlight Chic
      4. Everyday Clutter
      5. Little Campers
      6. First Fits
      7. Décor To The Max
      8. Pop Pastel
    4. My Wedding Stories

My Wedding Stories is interesting but I like a little more the other packs.
  • Options
    LuckySimmer10LuckySimmer10 Posts: 116 Member
    Kits - One of the 8!!!
    I voted for the kits because I didn't get any of the other DLC from this year yet. I only got the Desert Luxe kit when it was free. If I did buy the other DLC though, I think High School Years would be my favorite.
  • Options
    s_stutlers_stutler Posts: 380 Member
    My Wedding Stories.

Yes. It was a buggy mess that didn't play as it was advertised on the day of release.

Buuuut.

The content that it added, the new world, the ability to plan every aspect of the wedding (with Modders help, because of aforementioned) is IMO a great asset to the game, and imo, as a family legacy gameplay Simmer, the best release of the year.

High School Years,

Is a CLOSE 2nd, buuut. I HATE how it has locked up my calendar, and forces me to schedule my things, AROUND High School things... EVEN WHEN there isn't even a teen living in the household. Soooo... it did not get my first pick.

(side note) - I did see on the "laundry list" released today (Jan 10th 2023) - That this feature is actually A BUG, and they plan to address it in the future! -fingers crossed-
  • Options
    PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    GP - Werewolves (June)
    Werewolves and it's not even close. Finally occult players got a breadcrumb.

I hope it's not another 4 years before we get another.
  • Options
    JustinB113JustinB113 Posts: 1,050 Member
    edited January 2023
    I have all of it but the only one I really put any time into yet was high school years and honestly it’s one of my favourite expansions and since my sims graduated early I actually miss sending them to school.

It falls into that ‘I see everyone’s point, and yeah this could be better and this is not good and this needs to get fixed but I still love it’ category. Just something about the ‘vibe’ of the pack despite its flaws.

I did also really like the pastel pop/clutter kit combination.