Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Next EP might be Sims 4 Generations

Comments

• Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    Another suburb of San Myshuno, I hope there will be some apartments like they did with Evergreen Harbor.

Definitely want so see more apartment/penthouse lots...
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    Another suburb of San Myshuno, I hope there will be some apartments like they did with Evergreen Harbor.

I think we need more penthouses
    We only got 3 penthouse lots with City Living
    maxresdefault.jpg
    a256aFi.gif
  • Options
    HimRumiHimRumi Posts: 1,444 Member
    edited October 2022
    Sims 4 Generations might be the next EP. What do you think?

We just got the announcement that babies will no longer be objects!
    FfaLg41XoAEpZRD?format=jpg&name=large
    From the concept art we can see false teeth in a glass, which could mean we get more stuff for elders as well. (Walking canes? Retirement homes?) This could mean we get a Generations EP which focuses on the whole family, not just babies.

I think the baby head is disproportionate and isn’t baby like.
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,964 Member
    edited October 2022
    well since these worlds coming like it or not I think it would be cool to see townhouses/terracedhouses/rowhouses what do you call them that function similar to apartments

like you'd have 2-4 houses stuck together to form "apartment" but in like townhouse way

we can kind of do it but then you have to join the households and it get all messy

would also be neat to have highrise sims 3 bridgeport vibe but idk if its just another newcrest kinda theres city but we are not in it kinda annoying world
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    AncientMuseAncientMuse Posts: 1,062 Member
    Simmingal wrote: »
    well since these worlds coming like it or not I think it would be cool to see townhouses/terracedhouses/rowhouses what do you call them that function similar to apartments

like you'd have 2-4 houses stuck together to form "apartment" but in like townhouse way

we can kind of do it but then you have to join the households and it get all messy

would also be neat to have highrise sims 3 bridgeport vibe but idk if its just another newcrest kinda theres city but we are not in it kinda annoying world

These two new worlds will most likely only have 6-10 buildable lots, at best.

With so many worlds lacking in the number of buildable lots, we desperately need this build option so we can squeeze as many households as we can into our favourite worlds. For example: Vampires living in happy sunny Willow Creek because there's no room left in Forgotten Hollow, and then trying to pretend it's dark and gloomy in that world (like Forgotten Hollow is) just doesn't cut it anymore.

So with that in mind, I will continue to beg and plead for Maxis to bring back the ability to build multi-household lots (apartments, row houses, trailer parks, duplexes, etc)....

Surely they'll give us that before this iteration comes to a close? Pretty please with sugar on top? **bats eyelashes**

My Gallery ID: AncientMuse2
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." ~ Mark Twain
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,675 Member
    edited October 2022

I guess they could even be separated lots, but with some walls on the common ground connecting the lots, spanning the first tile on each side as we can't build on the edge of the lot. If so, we could even modify the builds, which I don't think we can with apartments.

Either way, I agree that row houses (chained?) would be a nice addition.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    Reallysoawkward23Reallysoawkward23 Posts: 175 Member
    I think we are definitely getting a generations type pack, whether it is called that or not. My guess is infants will be patched in with some limited stuff and then there will be a pack immediately after that expands on them just like we had with toddlers and the toddler stuff pack. I’m hoping it will include baby showers and funerals as new event types, retirement homes, bikes for kids, and more recognition of family types (step parents, in laws, etc).
  • Options
    rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    edited October 2022
    HimRumi wrote: »

From the concept art we can see false teeth in a glass, which could mean we get more stuff for elders as well. (Walking canes? Retirement homes?) This could mean we get a Generations EP which focuses on the whole family, not just babies.

Indeed. I saw an article from The Sims Community website stating that babies will stay and the 'Infants' as they like to call them are a seperate new lifestage after the object babies and before toddlers.

I don't know how accurate that is and if they are just guessing, but that kinda would make sense seeing how the ''babies'' look in this footage.

https://simscommunity.info/2022/10/19/the-sims-4-infant-life-stage/
  • Options
    PeralPeral Posts: 873 Member
    Or maybe it's a dental career? I'd love new active career that isn't broken.

A dental career could be very fun, with a multiple of interesting interactions. From scared Sims to mean dentists
  • Options
    AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    rudy8292 wrote: »
    HimRumi wrote: »

Indeed. I saw an article from The Sims Community website stating that babies will stay and the 'Infants' as they like to call them are a seperate new lifestage after the object babies and before toddlers.

I don't know how accurate that is and if they are just guessing, but that kinda would make sense seeing how the ''babies'' look in this footage.

https://simscommunity.info/2022/10/19/the-sims-4-infant-life-stage/

SimGuruFrost is who posted about it.
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,675 Member
    Peral wrote: »
    Or maybe it's a dental career? I'd love new active career that isn't broken.

A dental career could be very fun, with a multiple of interesting interactions. From scared Sims to mean dentists

I actually have sort of dentist service in my game. Look if teeth is dna related, and some sims getting the less perfect looking teeth might pay §1000 to add regulation, and then on YA birthday get perfect teeth. Would be more fun if this could be done at a dental clinic :)
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2022
    40-CF31-A2-4610-48-B3-A195-72-FDEDCEF657.jpg
    It looks like we‘ll get a small town located near San Francisco, where we can see the iconic San Francisco bridge from a distance.
    Post edited by FreezerBunnyCowplant on
    a256aFi.gif
  • Options
    LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    A lot of players don't seem to understand that we do get Generations. It's just piecemeal.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Options
    Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,908 Member

We had these in Sims 2, and I really loved them. One reason among many that Sims 2 handled apartments better than either 3 or 4.
  • Options
    JestTruJestTru Posts: 1,761 Member
    edited October 2022
    As stated before we have been getting generational play spread out across packs, but I do think that there is going to be a more focused EP on it and I hope whatever the baby gameplay is will be a game update as I'm sure we will get some in that.

Personally I'm looking forward to learning more about Sims 5:Project Rene. It looks incredible and sorry but not sorry it is definitely time to bring the Sims into the New Generation of the amazing advances gaming has had over these past years. Sadly it does look to be another two years before it will be available but on the upside of that there will be a couple more years for them to add the things we miss into the Sims 4.
    WbUrFQm.png
  • Options
    SimKonfettiSimKonfetti Posts: 1,361 Member
    edited October 2022
    On another thought - the baby update is supposed to come early 2023. So it might come with a baby themed GP, not an EP, as we never had an EP in the early months of a year before, but we did have SPs and GPs before this early.
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    edited October 2022
    Now that we are getting an older baby life stage, I still want more family members, like:
    Step-Family Members
    Great-Grandparents
    Great-Uncles/Aunts
    2nd Cousins
    In-Laws

And for a wife of a husband that had a baby by Alien Abduction, she could adopt as a mother to the baby.
  • Options
    SprighSprigh Posts: 62 Member

SERVERFRA wrote: »
    Now that we are getting an older baby life stage, I still want more family members, like:
    Step-Family Members
    Great-Grandparents
    Great-Uncles/Aunts
    2nd Cousins
    In-Laws

And for a wife of a husband that had a baby by Alien Abduction, she could adopt as a mother to the baby.

Yes I need it so bad 😭 but also the genealogy is soo broken in this game I was just moving my 4 generation family to another save and oh lord, I had to redo this so many times, tried with and without mods and I finally did it without mods (by bringing dead sims back to life and saving every single person in my family tree seperately and then moving them starting with the oldest and one by one adding their children and spouses in cas 😰) it was sooo frustrating, the game doesn’t let you connect families and if you do something out of order blank people show up in the tree and parents become step-parents. And my family tree isn’t even complicated, my sims have only one partner they have children with and I usually have 1-3 kids max so there shouldn’t be any confusion and I can’t imagine how the game would manage families with real step-parents and more generations 🤦‍♀️ I wish they would make genealogy better working and added more family members but I am also terrified of it absolutely breaking my game 😭😰
  • Options
    auroraael14auroraael14 Posts: 988 Member
    edited October 2022
    What I think a generation expansion could look like since I see that some people have never played the sims 3 expansion and others don't know what the sims team could possibly add.

CAS
    • Clothes for elders, Children, toddlers, and the new infants
    • New aspirations for elders and kids
    • New Traits (Rebellious, old soul, Stubborn, spoiled, and more

Build/Buy
    • Bikes/trikes
    • Skateboards
    • Canes
    • Tree House
    • Trampoline / Slides / Mary-go-round
    • Kid/Toddler outdoor playhouse
    • Furniture you would find in a grandparent's house

Gameplay
    • Kids can play tag, cops and robbers, Mary Mac, Ring around the rosie, and more
    • Kids and teens can show off to their friends
    • Elders can now plan their retirement whether in a nursing home or with family. They can choose who to leave their money to or to no one at all.
    • New Event Funerals
    • SleepOvers
    • New after-school activities for kids
    • Grandparents can now be called to watch the kids while the parents go out.
    • Teens have more pranks they can pull. Like egging doors, teepeeing trees, and ding-dong ditch
    • Burglar makes a comeback
    • Baby Showers (New ways to tell loved ones that you're expecting and they can have their own reactions)

This is just a list of things I would like to see in a generation pack. I think a pack like this has so much potential to add all the little moments in our sims lives that make us feel closer to them.
    Check out my gallery for house builds! Username: aejp24
  • Options
    12JEREMIA12JEREMIA Posts: 3,143 Member
    edited October 2022
    *sighing* Y'all are right! We're all gonna get 2 kits this year instead of a stuff pack for 2022. And I want to apologize

Also, since San Myshuno's bridge is based on Queensboro Bridge, San Myshuno was indeed NYC, and if y'all think the second picture of the bridge from the new and upcoming world might be based on Golden Gate Bridge, I'll say that the San Francisco-based world might be based on San Francisco.
  • Options
    ArcaArca Posts: 183 Member
    If Generation EP is coming, please add preteens :'(
  • Options
    edited October 2022
    I want more objects for the whole family!
    Like the trampoline
    1361612267_addon_ambition_objets_tenues_ok.jpg
    Tree houses
    ccfe1e3c03dfc54582e70c72bb762dc5.jpg
    -Children can hide from their parents in tree houses

-If a Sim is sad, scared or embarrassed they can hide in the tree house

-Sims might fall down while climbing up the tree house ladder

-Teen and Adult Sims can WooHoo in tree houses

Jumping castle
    2866.jpg
    a256aFi.gif
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    I want more objects for the whole family!
    Like the trampoline
    1361612267_addon_ambition_objets_tenues_ok.jpg

Would be cute if foxes could play on the trampoline. Or there could be bears that come with their cubs to cool off in the swimming pools.
  • Options
    SnaveXsSnaveXs Posts: 4,322 Member
    Arca wrote: »
    If Generation EP is coming, please add preteens :'(

I kind of suspect that it might happen because of the infant stage update. They also hired someone who created a mod for different kid heights. I think it would look better when you raise a large family of 6 kids.