Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Update Now Available, Tuesday 8/30

Comments

• Options
    NightwalkerArkanisNightwalkerArkanis Posts: 272 Member
    And that the phone usage has been toned down for non-teen sims.
    Well, this is most welcome news at least. Time to see how my adult Sims act with their cellphones.

What do we want to get rid of: The holiday bug, the constant showering and the weed glitch.
  • Options
    Sorak4Sorak4 Posts: 3,936 Member
    So there's only really one major thing for me to note other than Copperdales lighting and thats the few pronoun patches, good. Game hasn't broke under the weight of countless mods at least...

Wants and fears still want to stay keep returning though and theres no sign of deadend job fears getting fixed, alright no fear mod, back on you go..
    L9q8VGi.png
  • Options
    Omri147Omri147 Posts: 11,162 Member
    My eyes stopped at 'Pablo and Jennifer Martinez', did EA just bring back some forgotten Sims from Sims 3's household bin? Pretty random but also kinda cool.
  • Options
    EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,937 Member
    Checked it out. And my finds are:

Sims still check out their new phone cover, which moves their camera... :(
    Henford and Eco NPCs still change every time they're needed... :(

But the stuff disappearing on tables under bunk beds seems to be fixed. :)
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,963 Member
    Omri147 wrote: »
    My eyes stopped at 'Pablo and Jennifer Martinez', did EA just bring back some forgotten Sims from Sims 3's household bin? Pretty random but also kinda cool.

Personally wondering if Curious sim is related to The Curious family
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    Jade47Jade47 Posts: 206 Member
    I guess expecting the wants and fears option to actually be fixed and remain off when ticked was too much to ask.
  • Options
    KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,383 Member
    I guess I can now start playing 'to catch a predator' -detective and he's not going to just arrest the predators, he's going to "take care" of them by feeding them to either his cowplant or sharks/piranhas.
  • Options
    GoddessBylineGoddessByline Posts: 281 Member
    So to sum it up, a bug fix with no real bugs fixed. Scenarios don't count. I'm going back to Sims3.
    I don't use CC so if you see something in a screenshot of mine, it's from the game.
    EA Account (Gallery) ID: BylineBelife
  • Options
    Vivi_WillowTreeVivi_WillowTree Posts: 452 Member
    Snowy escape is still broken, the mountain excursion event and bathhouse lot are broken. I was really hoping to see actual bug fixes for base game alongside other packs. Hopefully next time?
  • Options
    JCStormy1JCStormy1 Posts: 67 Member
    So far, with just non-scripted clothing and appearance mods, and I'm still getting Groundhogs Day which sets me at midnight on Sunday no matter when I start; in this case it was a new game at 8am on Saturday. Teleport/reset when stepping off to walk, teleporting/reset when getting into a basegame bed. Le sigh. Grateful for what has been done but disappointed that little that makes the game near unplayable has been addressed.
  • Options
    BooDaBoo5BooDaBoo5 Posts: 253 Member
    BooDaBoo5 wrote: »
    Wow. Yeah the focus on scenarios is incredibly disappointing. I was especially hoping for a fix for sims autonomously flirting with happily taken sims. Their partners keep getting angry even though there's no romance bar. :(

I heard that happens in real life too! Why take the drama away?

Lmao😂
  • Options
    CarpeNocheSimsCarpeNocheSims Posts: 158 Member
    Looking at these "patch" notes that don't really fix anything, I'm going back to building. I haven't played a sim since the fiasco that was the HSY patch and I don't see myself playing one any time soon.

Every time I use my test sim to play test a lot and I see that the dang blasted wants pop back after I've already enabled/disabled them multiple times in this save? I get annoyed...again.

Seriously, I don't want this in my game. I don't want scenarios in my game. I don't want even more butt ugly premades in my game. Let me play my game my way and stop trying to force me to play it "your" way. *DEEP BREATH*.... I'm going back to building before my head explodes.

Oh and thank goodness for mod makers (because I'm too lazy to do it myself). They keep fixing everything that EA fails to fix themselves. I need to search out some good lighting mods because the light in so many of these new worlds is subpar.

Aside: Did anybody notice the interesting names of the premades? I can't help but hope that it's a clue that we're about to get something interesting. Midnight Hollow (Yeah yeah we already have Forgotten Hollow...bah bah) or maybe some Hispanic CAS/Build items. My little Cuban heart would be so happy if I could dress my sims and decorate my households to reflect me and my culture more (yeah we have some stuff but it's not colorful enough, it's like Southwest lite.)
  • Options
    BlueR0seBlueR0se Posts: 1,595 Member
    Unfortunately, it seems Scenario fixes took priority over current major bugs in the game (likely due to scheduling conflicts as I imagine these scenarios were planned in advance).

Just really bad timing overall cause the current state of the game is a mess. Especially with the broken wants & fears system.
  • Options
    DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,850 Member
    It's disappointing that we still don't have a fix for wants and fears. I had a feeling that one wasn't going to get fixed, so I'm not surprised. Where there's a will there's a mod to fix it.
  • Options
    Akl500PAkl500P Posts: 2,986 Member
    edited August 2022
    I understand the frustration with some of these major issues still being present, but I don’t think many realize not everyone is having issues. Other than the random sims asking to be best friends with my sims and some issues with fears being a bit much my game is fine. I’m not saying that to say that’s the case for many or all players, but knowing I don’t have a lot of these major issues makes me wonder if the QA team doesn’t either. The odd backward save bug and aging bugs are probably proving hard to address, which seem to be the major making the game unplayable bugs. Hopefully they get fixed soon. I’m glad for a few of these fixes at least. Hope they tone down fears and neighborhood stories soon too lol.
  • Options
    Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    Akl500P wrote: »
    I understand the frustration with some of these major issues still being present, but I don’t think many realize not everyone is having issues. Other than the random sims asking to be best friends with my sims and some issues with fears being a bit much my game is fine. I’m not saying that to say that’s the case for many or all players, but knowing I don’t have a lot of these major issues makes me wonder if the QA team doesn’t either. The odd backward save bug and aging bugs are probably proving hard to address, which seem to be the major making the game unplayable bugs. Hopefully they get fixed soon. I’m glad for a few of these fixes at least. Hope they tone down fears and neighborhood stories soon too lol.

You don't have the bug that when you turn off the W&Fs if you travel or go into CAS or switch families it turns back on?

Because I'm on a vanilla game right now, brand new save (actually no saves in my TS4 folder at all besides my test save when I patched, because it's a brand new generated TS4 folder, so no saves, no mods, no tray items besides the sim I created to test things out after the patch)

You're not getting random female sims that are generating with body hair?

Because not only am I getting that, but almost ever single female randomly rolled in CAS when making my female sim had a ton of body hair.
  • Options
    OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    Patch 121 since Dine Out came out and still no fix
  • Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,464 Member

Here's a scenario:

💩

I hope the patch fixed all the stuff that bothers me. <3

• Options
    DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,850 Member
    Here's a scenario:

💩

RE: Bug fixes

Dear Captain,

Don't get your hopes up.

Sincerely,

Everybody
  • Options
    Brd709Brd709 Posts: 2,092 Member
    Wants and Fears are still showing even though i have them unchecked after updating today.
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,963 Member
    Here's a scenario:

💩

My favourite scenario yet
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    AngeliqueAdelaideAngeliqueAdelaide Posts: 1,033 Member
    edited August 2022
    Here I was hoping that this update will fix at least some serious bugs, so that I could update at last without ruining my game, but I guess not. Good thing school will start tomorrow so I won't have much time to be sad about it. Better luck next month, I suppose.
  • Options
    bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,378 Member
    Akl500P wrote: »

You don't have the bug that when you turn off the W&Fs if you travel or go into CAS or switch families it turns back on?

Because I'm on a vanilla game right now, brand new save (actually no saves in my TS4 folder at all besides my test save when I patched, because it's a brand new generated TS4 folder, so no saves, no mods, no tray items besides the sim I created to test things out after the patch)

You're not getting random female sims that are generating with body hair?

Because not only am I getting that, but almost ever single female randomly rolled in CAS when making my female sim had a ton of body hair.

Omg, that's horrible. (Knock on wood), I must be very lucky because I don't have any problems like THAT. If my sim has fears, she will go and find someone to discuss fears and it goes away. I feel very badly for simmers who have to deal with multiple problems. Lord, I do hope EA does the right thing and at least tries to fix these things. These would be game breakers for me.

I cleared out my saves folder and tray folder too, plus overhauling my mods folder, now numbering somewhere in the 1-2 gb range. Life is much easier.
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • Options
    Llandros2012Llandros2012 Posts: 620 Member
    Well, it wasn't in the patch notes but Prom seems to be greatly improved. In addition to a new color scheme for the tasks in the upper left corner, each task you achieve gives a greater amount towards filling the bar. I just got gold and we haven't even had the award ceremony yet. I know many are disappointed in the patch but there are some things that may be fixed/improved but not listed out.
  • Options
    InuMiroLoverInuMiroLover Posts: 1,184 Member
    edited August 2022
    Why is it that patches are either horribly underwhelming and address little to no issues that simmers have repeatedly brought up, or are so destructive to a save that it needs its own patch? It just seems like we get an actual decent, non game breaking patch like a couple times a year.