The latest Laundry List is now live. Click here to learn what you can expect to see over the next several weeks.
December 1st - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!

Update Now Available, Tuesday 8/30

simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 34,344 Member
EA Creator Network/GC
TS Forever 💚
Post edited by simgirl1010 on

Comments

• Akl500PAkl500P Posts: 2,985 Member
    Looking forward to it. My game hasn’t had any severe issues but I know many people still cannot play theirs. Hoping this update helps a lot of players.
  • RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,642 Member
    I'll have to remove all my cc and back up and boycott for it, hopefully even if it's small they were able to fix the noticieable issues.
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 7,743 Member
    @simgirl1010 Thank you for the warning. I'm making sure my game is offline until I hear this update is safe. I had some scary moments with my main save after that last update, lesson learned.
    ur0qxh04azgr.png
  • cynciecyncie Posts: 4,128 Member
    I haven't had major issues. Just some little bugs that need to be fixed, like not being able to keep Wants/Fears turned off and a few small issues. Hopefully the bug fix will help those who were seriously affected by the update.
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,065 Member
    edited August 2022
    Thanks for the warning. I am still not over the disaster high school years patch and especially how origin forced some players to update by making it possible to play offline. I will not update right away, that is if origin allows me play offline like we used to before the high school patch.

If there is one thing that I learned last month, it is that patches are no longer a fun thing to look forward to but something to dread and avoid if you can. I have little hope for the promised fixes. Just look at how long the rocket bug took to get fixed. And the reverting plant bug has been toned down but is still not completely gone despite the many claims. And even if they would fix the most important issues, I will still be stuck with wants and fears (I just want whims/wishes without fears), body hair appearing on random female townies, distorted age lengths (teens in sims are now too long compared to children and toddlers) and gender preferences. This does not mean I am against same sex relationships, it just means I prefer the old system where gender preference was implied instead of actual boxes to tick. I always admired that until the last update in the sims world gender did not matter and any sim could develop feelings for any sim. I don't like sims turning each other down because they are the 'wrong' gender.

If only this update could undo the last one. That is what I really want.
  • SammoykeSammoyke Posts: 38 Member
    oh i really hope this helps with saving issues. I have never been so depressed after buying a pack before, I waited four weeks to buy it hoping for the best and still wound up wasting 14 hours trying to get my game to even remotely work. if I can't save, I can't play. Really really hoping this fixes stuff
  • luciusstormluciusstorm Posts: 1,249 Member
    After the last mess, batton down the hatches and make ready for a storm. (OK, yes, Talk Like a Pirate Day was the last event I played through yesterday... what if it).
    Fate is a riddle and we choose our own answer. Wyrd Girls
  • DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,478 Member
    I need to back up my saves. I never do this but today I have this weird feeling :)
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • GoddessBylineGoddessByline Posts: 281 Member
    About time! I'm now so into my Sims3 game though, so I'm not sure I'm ready to come back to Sims4. I will let others test the new patch and see what fresh hell it brings to our games.
    I don't use CC so if you see something in a screenshot of mine, it's from the game.
    EA Account (Gallery) ID: BylineBelife
  • DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 7,743 Member
    Atreya33 wrote: »
    Thanks for the warning. I am still not over the disaster high school years patch and especially how origin forced some players to update by making it possible to play offline. I will not update right away, that is if origin allows me play offline like we used to before the high school patch.

If there is one thing that I learned last month, it is that patches are no longer a fun thing to look forward to but something to dread and avoid if you can. I have little hope for the promised fixes. Just look at how long the rocket bug took to get fixed. And the reverting plant bug has been toned down but is still not completely gone despite the many claims. And even if they would fix the most important issues, I will still be stuck with wants and fears (I just want whims/wishes without fears), body hair appearing on random female townies, distorted age lengths (teens in sims are now too long compared to children and toddlers) and gender preferences. This does not mean I am against same sex relationships, it just means I prefer the old system where gender preference was implied instead of actual boxes to tick. I always admired that until the last update in the sims world gender did not matter and any sim could develop feelings for any sim. I don't like sims turning each other down because they are the 'wrong' gender.

If only this update could undo the last one. That is what I really want.

I was able to play offline this morning. Hopefully you can too.🤞
    ur0qxh04azgr.png
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 34,344 Member
    edited August 2022
    Back up your saves.
    Make a copy of your saves folder and save to the desktop or external drive.

Remove all mods and cc.

EA Creator Network/GC
    TS Forever 💚
  • Sorak4Sorak4 Posts: 3,928 Member
    With a hand of script mods I shall go put this boat in the water, and see if it sinks. Here's hoping it'll go well.
    L9q8VGi.png
  • Simsister2004Simsister2004 Posts: 3,532 Member
    edited August 2022
    I would like to know what this is helping for? I haven't got Highschool, only the patch before it and still struggling to play the game because of silly fears, that I can't delete. Same thing goes for wishes. I don't like my sims to break up all the time! I hope the aging bug will finally get fixed. If not, I will not install this "update".
  • luciusstormluciusstorm Posts: 1,249 Member
    Sorak4 wrote: »
    With a hand of script mods I shall go put this boat in the water, and see if it sinks. Here's hoping it'll go well.

We thank you for your valiant sacrifice.
    Fate is a riddle and we choose our own answer. Wyrd Girls
  • Lucy_HenleyLucy_Henley Posts: 2,794 Member
    edited August 2022
    If it’s bug fixes then it may not have too much of an effect on mods, but better to be safe than sorry I suppose. @luthienrising has said they’re not starting a new thread in the General Mods Discussion forum.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 27,180 Member
    edited August 2022
    I hope this fixes the age problem I've just encountered. I set the game to Long (the brand new save, after I repaired and reset my game). I turned aging off for the two weeks of summer. I just turned aging back on and my Teen has only a handful of days left. The Toddler has five days left. If the article I read from Sims Community is correct on the permanent changes to the age categories, my Teen (who was only two days into his Teens) should have fifty days left. I have no clue at this moment as to how to fix this, other than turn aging back off. Face/palm. I will back up my game today, so that I don't lose all of the progress I've made. Then I'll move the Mods folder out and wait for the Patch. I should note that I've had a series of problems since March of 2020. That's how long I've been fighting to get my Cantrell family back to where they were when the March 2020 Patch hit. Yeah. I grow weary. And wary!

Thank you so very much for the Heads-Up!
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,349 Member
    edited August 2022
    I hope they will fix the inaproppriate romantic relationships, social bunny and also the aging bugs.
    I really want to play my old saves already. My high school years save is a complete mess because the teenage girl has a romantic relationship with all her social bunny friends, also adults and I don't even know how to continue playing it. I don't want it to happen to any of my other teenagers and on the current short lifespan lecagy that I've been playing I don't go to school with the teens and I don't allow them to open social bunny before they age up.
  • Lucy_HenleyLucy_Henley Posts: 2,794 Member
    I recently started a new save with aging off to explore vampire gameplay as I only recently got the pack. I’ve had this issue where I can’t save and quit whilst one of them is at work else he’ll come home instantly once I reload the game. I guess i can always wait to save until he comes home but it’s still kinda annoying. I’d like to get HSY one day but since it’s so buggy I’ll have to wait.
  • WhubbleWhubble Posts: 50 Member
    Thanks so much for sharing this information!
    The Sims is not a game, its a lifestyle choice.
    My 100-Baby Challenge: https://www.theplumtreeapp.com/public/62958b4f386aab7c7a1f98c2
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 27,180 Member
    What to do for the next twenty-eight minutes. I'm on Mountain Time, so I get the patch at 11 am. Not too many new threads on the forum. I've been through my emails. Guess, I could try to find another ancestor or two … I'm not good at waiting. LOL 67 years old and I still can't find my patience. By the way, has anyone seen it around here, by chance? ;)
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • StrivingNeutral2StrivingNeutral2 Posts: 5 New Member
    Has anyone updated? I've logged on and there's no update available on Origin.
  • cynciecyncie Posts: 4,128 Member

10 AM Pacific, 1 PM EST.
  • FlapFlap Posts: 199 Member
    edited August 2022

It will drop soon on 10AM PST. 9 minutes to go, I guess

Yesterday I hyped up with the tweet about the bug fixes patch but it seems more reasonable to stay on ground :expressionless:
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,426 Member
    About time! I'm now so into my Sims3 game though, so I'm not sure I'm ready to come back to Sims4. I will let others test the new patch and see what fresh hell it brings to our games.
    I will wait and see too. I'm massively into Planet Zoo at the mo, so I'm in no hurry to return to Sims.
  • Brd709Brd709 Posts: 1,810 Member
    No update yet through Origin (old app) in the UK.