Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

High School Years Positive Thoughts Thread

Comments

• Options
    Hearts4uHearts4u Posts: 1,775 Member
    edited July 2022
    We have 2 teachers, 1 janitor and 1 principal and typically 11 students—one of which is my Sim. No one is walking around the neighborhood at all and since each class has 9 chairs, shouldn't there be 5 more students showing up. Considering the game allows for 20 Sims on a lot and/or in the vicinity—I was just wondering where are the other students. I've been testing my build for awhile and I'm happy only my teens are still showing up for high school and I hope this does not change. I've noticed that sometimes 4 different teens will show up which is nice.

Interesting Relationship Dynamics: On one occasion I noticed the principal crying in the bathroom stall and the heartbreak bubble appeared along with that heart symbol with a minus sign. I wondered if I missed something? While I was in detention, I watched the male teacher walk into my classroom to chat it up with my very pretty teacher. I wondered if it would be possible for them to get together—only time will tell. My plan is to get to know one of my teachers really well and use the Talk Up Another Sim then the Hook Up With to see if they actually get together.

At the end of my school day, I noticed that one of my teachers is very fond of painting on the easel. It is so interesting to watch what Sims gravitate towards after school hours.

After watching each student and faculty throughout the day, I've finalized my High School Layout.
    School-Interior-Layout-Final.png

Although I make sure my teens go to a variety of places to keep the gameplay fresh, here is my teen hangout lot build. Saturday rolled around so I decided to test it by throwing a Weenie Roast party. The lot type is National Park which allows one to have events/parties there. Plus, only your guest will show up.
    First three pictures are the first floor. Typically, I always higher a DJ in case any Sims want to dance it up.
    Teen-Arcade-1st.jpg

Teen-Arcade-1st-b.jpg

Teen-Arcade-2nd.jpg

Second floor is the arcade section. This time the majority of my teens went upstairs because I didn't immediately hire the DJ.
    Teen-Arcade-3rd.jpg

Teen-Arcade-4th.jpg

Teen-Arcade-5th.jpg
    Post edited by Hearts4u on
    Origin ID: littlebonnieblue
  • Options
    telemwilltelemwill Posts: 1,752 Member
    Hearts4u wrote: »
    We have 2 teachers, 1 janitor and 1 principal and typically 11 students—one of which is my Sim. No one is walking around the neighborhood at all and since each class has 9 chairs, shouldn't there be 5 more students showing up. Considering the game allows for 20 Sims on a lot and/or in the vicinity—I was just wondering where are the other students. I've been testing my build for awhile and I'm happy only my teens are still showing up for high school and I hope this does not change. I've noticed that sometimes 4 different teens will show up which is nice.

Interesting Relationship Dynamics: On one occasion I noticed the principal crying in the bathroom stall and the heartbreak bubble appeared along with that heart symbol with a minus sign. I wondered if I missed something? Was her husband, the janitor, flirting with one of the faculty. While I was in detention, I watched the male teacher walk into my classroom to chat it up with my very pretty teacher. I wondered if it would be possible for them to get together—only time will tell. My plan is to get to know one of my teachers really well and use the Talk Up Another Sim then the Hook Up With to see if they actually get together.

At the end of my school day, I noticed that one of my teachers is very fond of painting on the easel. It is so interesting to watch what Sims gravitate towards after school hours.

After watching each student and faculty throughout the day, I've finalized my High School Layout.

Although I make sure my teens go to a variety of places to keep the gameplay fresh, here is my teen hangout lot build. Saturday rolled around so I decided to test it by throwing a Weenie Roast party. The lot type is National Park which allows one to have events/parties there. Plus, only your guest will show up.
    First three pictures are the first floor. Typically, I always higher a DJ in case any Sims want to dance it up.
    Teen-Arcade-1st.jpg

Teen-Arcade-1st-b.jpg

Teen-Arcade-2nd.jpg

Second floor is the arcade section. This time the majority of my teens went upstairs because I didn't immediately hire the DJ.
    Teen-Arcade-3rd.jpg

Teen-Arcade-4th.jpg

Teen-Arcade-5th.jpg

Just so you know, the janitor is her father, not her husband. She does have the gloomy trait.
  • Options
    KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,382 Member
    edited July 2022
    I enjoy playing HSY a lot. It's been fun to see all the teenage drama happening, more than usual, and I love things happening autonomously.
    I had a lot of boyfriend candidates for my Sim, but she went and got a huge crush on Wolfgang Munch who was mischievous to her all the time. It seems that the more she gets pranked by him, the more she's crushing on him. :D
    The thing that puzzles me is that my teen can't get better grades until I let her go to school alone at least one day when she's ready to "level up". I noticed that same thing happened on James Turner's videos. I wonder if it's supposed to be like it or if it's a bug.
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,529 Member
    edited July 2022
    This has been interesting, and fun actually, despite a few things I am disappointed about.
    But I am getting near the end of it. Two of my three teens have graduated early. And they went to career day, an event I have been waiting for.

I didn't want them all to graduate before this event happened.
    07-31-22_10-45-50_AM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
    07-31-22_10-46-03_AM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

I first set out some food.
    She had to pay for it, but my main play with be through a school dorm, so the money will come out of their budget.07-31-22_10-47-34_AM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

I was concerned about this arrangement of career reps, but it seems to work out fine.
    07-31-22_10-46-35_AM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
    They watched the presentations and then asked their questions.
    07-31-22_10-48-54_AM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
    07-31-22_10-49-13_AM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

07-31-22_10-51-50_AM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

And then they reported to their teacher.
    07-31-22_10-54-47_AM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

07-31-22_10-55-46_AM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

Not too optimistic about the future.
    07-31-22_10-57-13_AM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
    They had time to get in some Ping Pong.
    07-31-22_10-59-50_AM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
    07-31-22_11-00-50_AM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

07-31-22_11-01-25_AM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

And time to apply to Uni.
    Elsa was offered early graduation this day. Miki hasn't earned an A average yet.
    07-31-22_11-02-41_AM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

I am concerned about the message that they dropped out, but they were allowed to apply to Uni.
    I hope they don't get rejected.
    07-31-22_11-03-06_AM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

The auditorium turned back into a pumpkin at 5:00, just as Elsa was leaving.
    07-31-22_11-04-30_AM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    telemwill wrote: »

Interesting Relationship Dynamics: On one occasion I noticed the principal crying in the bathroom stall and the heartbreak bubble appeared along with that heart symbol with a minus sign. I wondered if I missed something? Was her husband, the janitor, flirting with one of the faculty. While I was in detention, I watched the male teacher walk into my classroom to chat it up with my very pretty teacher. I wondered if it would be possible for them to get together—only time will tell. My plan is to get to know one of my teachers really well and use the Talk Up Another Sim then the Hook Up With to see if they actually get together.

Teen-Arcade-1st.jpg

Teen-Arcade-1st-b.jpg

Teen-Arcade-2nd.jpg

Teen-Arcade-3rd.jpg

Teen-Arcade-4th.jpg

Teen-Arcade-5th.jpg

Just so you know, the janitor is her father, not her husband. She does have the gloomy trait.

Thanks for the correction; let me edit that. I've always liked the gloomy trait. Yet, I still wonder what the two different heartbreak symbols where all about and what happened. Just curious. Enjoying the relationship dynamics going on at the high school.

I rejected a teen promposal and I watched him cry at his locker. Two girls now hate me at school; one of them is one of the mean girls. Yet, I've been trying to repair my relationship with the non-mean girl because we got off on the wrong start. It has been a lot of work trying to repair that relationship which is still 50% red; but, I really like that it takes a lot of work to repair because the game doesn't always need to be easy. My relationship with the mean girl will stay unrepairable because she is a real bully. We fought on three different occasions and she beat me up all three times. Plus, I don't think she even has any friends because she's always being mean to everyone and I mean everyone. 😂
  • Options

I've seen a lot of really nice high school builds. The way others are combining various colors and items is impressive.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,872 Member
    We fought on three different occasions and she beat me up all three times.

Lol. 😄 Time to buff up at the gym.
  • Options
    We fought on three different occasions and she beat me up all three times.

Lol. 😄 Time to buff up at the gym.

Yeah, it was pretty embarrassing with everyone watching. My poor little teen.
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    You know when a Sims eats on a swing or just sits and talks to another Sim on a swing. That isn't something you can select; it just happens. Also, there are several animations that Sims do that you have no control over which is nice in my opinion.

In the trailer the Sim, Molly, is using the new Elite Jamming Tablet on the bed. All of the animations with the new sitting positions and more are in the game. Your Sims will either do these animations automatically or they will pull out the device and use one of the new sitting on the floor or bed positions. My teen has her Elite Jamming Tablet in her inventory along with her journal, and homework. They need to have these things in their inventory for the animation to kick in. Hope this helps those who do not know how this works.

In this photo, my teen happen to be relaxing in bed and then I click an option on the Elite Jamming Tablet. This is what happened which is what they showed in the trailer.
    Teen-Bed-Animation.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    I know some people do not like the changes to Sims using their phone. My older Sims are no more obsessed with their phones than they were before; so, I don't know where all this is coming from. Now my teen's use is the right animation, amount and so realistic and/or unrealistic depending on how you view it; but, I love it.

Now, I don't know anything about what it takes to code a game or how they are able to find the right balance since it is totally subjective. Yet, I fear if they nerf the phone features based on a few complaints, that is truly unfortunate. Plus, if you nerf the phone animation you may never see it in the game. Does all the fun need to be sucked out of the game when a realistic or unrealistic feature is added? It's the Sims after all—a fun, entertaining way to spend some of our free time. :)

Please pass these sentiments on @EA_Cade since I noticed this came up somewhere within this or another thread. Does a "phone dependency" now exist—I think not. There are a lot of Simmers who play the game and do not come online to voice their opinions. So, I truly hope the developers take this into consideration before they tone down or nerf the way Sims, especially teens, are using their phones. Many are happy with this new added feature. Please don't nerf it or tone it down because I fear we will rarely see such animations as is illustrated below if they make changes to this feature. Thank you for your consideration.

My teen woke up in the middle of the night on her own when she did this animation with her phone. It was great and then she went back to sleep all on her own. For the first time, I feel like my teen is truly alive and doing teen-like things which is a credit and positive to High School Years and the latest teen update.
    Teen_on_phone.jpg
  • Options
    SlackerSlacker Posts: 2,929 Member
    ...yeah the phone thing im less shocked by it now, my sims all have bikes anyways, but it was weird to see them climbimg Mt.Komorebi and walking the mountain w their phones in hand. I think its ok to have that walk style, but hopefully they make it just that, a walk style so you can have technophobe sims ! :wink:
    Gallrey ID: Le_Slacker
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    CrazyFrog wrote: »
    ...yeah the phone thing im less shocked by it now, my sims all have bikes anyways, but it was weird to see them climbimg Mt.Komorebi and walking the mountain w their phones in hand. I think its ok to have that walk style, but hopefully they make it just that, a walk style so you can have technophobe sims ! :wink:

lol. :p
  • Options
    MVWdeZTMVWdeZT Posts: 3,267 Member
    I want to move into your teen's room; it's beautiful.
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    MVWdeZT wrote: »
    I want to move into your teen's room; it's beautiful.

Oh, thank you.

Her favorite color is pink if you didn't notice. :p The pink color for these items are very pretty to me.
  • Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    "Did you Know?, if you have certain packs installed, you'll learn more during certain classes. Social Studies will teach Archaeology and Selvedorian Culture skills. Art class will teach Acting and Photography. "

I am so happy with this little snipped that I copied from the Did you know-thread. Little details like this makes the pack so much more interesting. I am going to stay on an older patch until things look more stable but I love to see little pack-crossovers like this.
  • Options
    Sara1010PSara1010P Posts: 891 Member
    I know some people do not like the changes to Sims using their phone. My older Sims are no more obsessed with their phones than they were before; so, I don't know where all this is coming from. Now my teen's use is the right animation, amount and so realistic and/or unrealistic depending on how you view it; but, I love it.

Now, I don't know anything about what it takes to code a game or how they are able to find the right balance since it is totally subjective. Yet, I fear if they nerf the phone features based on a few complaints, that is truly unfortunate. Plus, if you nerf the phone animation you may never see it in the game. Does all the fun need to be sucked out of the game when a realistic or unrealistic feature is added? It's the Sims after all—a fun, entertaining way to spend some of our free time. :)

Please pass these sentiments on @EA_Cade since I noticed this came up somewhere within this or another thread. Does a "phone dependency" now exist—I think not. There are a lot of Simmers who play the game and do not come online to voice their opinions. So, I truly hope the developers take this into consideration before they tone down or nerf the way Sims, especially teens, are using their phones. Many are happy with this new added feature. This is one of the greatest new adds to me sense slice bread. Please don't nerf it or tone it down because I fear we will rarely see such animations as is illustrated below if they make changes to this feature. Thank you for your consideration.

My teen woke up in the middle of the night on her own when she did this animation with her phone. It was great and then she went back to sleep all on her own. For the first time, I feel like my teen is truly alive and doing teen-like things which is a credit and positive to High School Years and the latest teen update.
    Teen_on_phone.jpg

I am glad this is how it is for you, I unfortunately have the opposite reality in my game. Many others are having it also. I fortunately play with mods so was able to get a mod to help stop this, but many people who don't play with mods are experiencing this. The unfortunate thing is that not everyone is experiencing the same issues, so how they go about fixing it for those who are while not affecting those who have just the right amount of interaction in their game is not going to be an easy fix, if it is possible at all. Like I said, I have a mod that helps for what I need, so I will not be asking for nerfs, but I do understand why some might, considering what was happening in my game before I found the mod.
  • Options
    telemwilltelemwill Posts: 1,752 Member
    telemwill wrote: »

Teen-Arcade-1st.jpg

Teen-Arcade-1st-b.jpg

Teen-Arcade-2nd.jpg

Teen-Arcade-3rd.jpg

Teen-Arcade-4th.jpg

Teen-Arcade-5th.jpg

Thanks for the correction; let me edit that. I've always liked the gloomy trait. Yet, I still wonder what the two different heartbreak symbols where all about and what happened. Just curious. Enjoying the relationship dynamics going on at the high school.

I rejected a teen promposal and I watched him cry at his locker. Two girls now hate me at school; one of them is one of the mean girls. Yet, I've been trying to repair my relationship with the non-mean girl because we got off on the wrong start. It has been a lot of work trying to repair that relationship which is still 50% red; but, I really like that it takes a lot of work to repair because the game doesn't always need to be easy. My relationship with the mean girl will stay unrepairable because she is a real bully. We fought on three different occasions and she beat me up all three times. Plus, I don't think she even has any friends because she's always being mean to everyone and I mean everyone. 😂

I'm not certain since I don't have the expansion pack yet (waiting for bug fixes), but I read somewhere that her husband died. So she may be grieving him still.
  • Options
    RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,850 Member
    @Hearts4u well said, I mean the way I see it I could get a much cheaper paper weight so I'll use it as much as I like so seeing my sims that way works for me, I mean the animation plays so quickly I mean some things can just be ignored and I do hope they don't suck all the fun away it's good to please as many paying customers as possible not just pick a group to decide what to nerf. It's enjoyable to see them lively in such a basic area to me.

I also appreciate how social media is used just from a game's view you can't see all the sims in your circle every day and some get phased out but you can hang on to them to avoid basic culling as it's going right now. That is also nice for those of us that keep a game going awhile and have a lot of important sims that aren't always around. It doesn't all have to be viewed as negative we can prefer the happy side there I think. :)
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top