Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

High School Years Positive Thoughts Thread

simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,707 Member
edited February 14 in Nominated Threads

Comments

• BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    edited June 2022
    Hearts4u wrote: »
    I've waited a long time for this.
    giphy.gif

Me toooooooooo!!!!! 😁😁😁😁🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳 so excited!!
    When we got Uni I never thought this could happen. I absolutely love children too but teens are totally my favorite! Gonna have so much fun with this. I love all the lifestates but I think teen is in the most interesting dramatic stage of life lol. Plus as a homeschool kid desperately wanting to go to highschool I can live my highschool dream lol
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    Rather it's school focused or general focused this is going to be fun either way.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Hearts4uHearts4u Posts: 1,775 Member
    edited June 2022
    I never thought this would happen either because it has been years and teens have been overlooked for the longest. As much as I enjoy playing with young adults, teens have always been my favorite. I just wish teens had more depth and gameplay to differentiate them from older life-stages.

Even if some didn't like high school, you can create the high school experience you wished you had. Or, you can make the high school experience whatever you want it to be.

I've got my high school save ready. I'm just hoping body hair comes out before and I get a look at the CAS items for the new EP so that I can go through my CAS cc and get rid of a bunch of things before the EP drops.
    Origin ID: littlebonnieblue
  • EvvieSimmerEvvieSimmer Posts: 134 Member
    edited June 2022
    I’m so excited for this! I hope everyone gets what they are wishing for out of this pack. I’m personally wanting bands, cheerleading, sports, and proms
    edited June 2022
    The reason I don't think it is too soon to release this right after werewolves is because everyone's playstyle differs. Although I do not play with occults; I'm thrilled that they are releasing something that caters to the family gameplay style.

The best of both worlds.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,707 Member
    Haha. Y'all better wait for the trailer. This might not be the thread you want to comment in. :p
  • gc6164gc6164 Posts: 516 Member
    That trailer was AMAZING and this expansion looks to be the best yet, packed with so much stuff omg !!!! The Sims team is killing it lately I'm so impressed and happy :smiley::smiley:

My personal favourites, the sneaking out, the prom, the cheerleading, shaving for body hair and so much more I could list so much.

I'm really happy they didn't just focus on school but the whole teen life stage. July 28 can't come soon enough !!!
    rqjiqrf78ux6.gif

• Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,170 Member
    Don't like the style,but I am excited.Cherrleading, amusement parks and boba shop.
  • ThisSentenceIsALieThisSentenceIsALie Posts: 78 Member
    edited June 2022
    I see prom, I see cheerleading, I see active school, and... An amusement park?? I am sold <3
    /ᐠ。ꞈ。ᐟ\ ノ
  • sam123sam123 Posts: 4,539 Member
    This trailer is everything. It gives one of the most boring (arguably) life stages so many things to do. Their teen lives will be so fun and they will finally feel like teens. THIS literally separates them completely from the young adult life stage which I feel felt very similar to teens. This is amazing I haven't been so excited for a pack in YEARS.

Also love that it adds aspects of Generations from TS3!! YAYY!
    The trailer was amazing. It looks like the team really knocked it out of the park on this one. Kudos to all involved.
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    edited June 2022
    Well, I actually thought I’d be on the opposite thread saying I was going to wait for this to go on sale because it’s just a redress of Discover University. But nope, here I am planning to pre-purchase tomorrow when I get paid because this darn pack looks FREAKING AMAZING!!! Now this is a [BLEEEEEP]ing expansion pack!
  • elemmeleelemmele Posts: 689 Member
    I didn't think I'd be excited for this pack at all, but here we are! There are so many cool details and added gameplay things that I'd love to have in my game! I'm stoked to see even more info about this pack 🙌
    de4l47l-8be82ab0-e824-47d8-b89d-e4b317e1e4e7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOiIsImlzcyI6InVybjphcHA6Iiwib2JqIjpbW3sicGF0aCI6IlwvZlwvMGE4NDlmM2ItMjBlZC00MzNkLWJkZjQtMzY5YzY0MGVhYzFmXC9kZTRsNDdsLThiZTgyYWIwLWU4MjQtNDdkOC1iODlkLWU0YjMxN2UxZTRlNy5wbmcifV1dLCJhdWQiOlsidXJuOnNlcnZpY2U6ZmlsZS5kb3dubG9hZCJdfQ.mOg5OTH8yLLAb8Swus1BlunSLcRGY3-w29wazeBAu18
  • ReaganboganReaganbogan Posts: 277 Member
    So excited! So much to see in that trailer. The boba shop,photobooth, shaving...I am very excited!
  • JemmaTheSimmerJemmaTheSimmer Posts: 387 Member
    edited June 2022
    It looks like the school is fully customisable which is promising for it being a new lot type. I really hope so, I'd love to add a school to most major worlds as I don't want all my sims to have to travel to this one.

Also, that pier is amazing! I'm really hoping it's not all set dressing, but a ferris wheel and such all look great I love it so far. Looking forward to the livestream for more info (if we don't get the usual bits and pieces from twitter that is).
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,712 Member
    Body Hair

MhVLPh0.png
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,707 Member
    edited June 2022
    Class is in Session in The Sims™ 4 High School Years Expansion Pack
    Live the Ultimate Teen Experience on Your Own Terms

The PA system crackles as it turns on and the principal starts their morning announcement.]

Good morning, students and faculty of Copperdale High! Welcome back to another adventure-filled school year. For those of you that are new to our school and town, we’re excited to have you joining our dear community! Once renowned for its booming mining industry, Copperdale is a small town nestled on the banks of Lake LaSuli where you can truly live out your teenage dreams, explore your identity, and test boundaries through choices and growth.

We are so proud of our community creators and the seven lots they built in Copperdale, including MsGryphi, who built ThrifTea–the thrift store and local boba hangout, xfreezerbunnyx, who built the library, and JOL1990, who built the high school principal’s old money mansion.

We’ll be giving tours of the school and town after the final bell today, and all are welcome to join.

Here’s to all the memories we’ll be making together this school year.

Go Copperdale Womp Womps!

Carving Your Own Path in High School

Copperdale High is the center of your teen Sims’ world. Inside these halls, Sims participate in everything that makes high school such a formative time in life, from building lifelong friendships, to selecting our favorite extracurricular activities and graduating into adulthood.

During school hours, Sims attend class, hang out with friends, have lunch in the cafeteria, take weekly exams, and hopefully avoid being scolded by the principal who patrols the halls! After school, students can participate in activities like football, cheerleading, chess, and computer clubs, go to events like the science fair, or head home to their poster-filled bedroom to complete their homework.

In terms of extracurriculars, teen Sims can join an after-school club or team like football or cheer, practice these skill related activities, participate in competitions, and experience the highs and lows of winning and losing alongside your teammates.

You’ll even have the opportunity to navigate through the challenges and joys of young love, whether it’s the blissfulness of the crush stage, or the woes of a teenage breakup. A word of advice: Plumbite Pier is the perfect date spot! There is an amusement park with a haunted house, tunnel of love, a ferris wheel, and a photobooth for memories!

Explore Your Teen Identity

Teen years and high school are the launching points for self-discovery. Creating even more ways for Sims to explore their identities, a free base game update will go live alongside the release of High School Years, introducing an additional new feature that will add more choice and opportunity for discovery to your Sims’ lives.

The free base game update will also introduce body hair. For those with the High School Years Expansion Pack, Sims will be able to groom and trim their body hair’s natural growth over time, celebrating that transition through puberty.

You can learn more about the new base game updates coming to The Sims 4 on Friday, July 15, 2022 at 11am PDT on Twitch and YouTube.

Express Your Creativity With Pranks and Style!

What is high school without a little mischief? In High School Years, discover an all new mischievous side to your teen Sims as they pull pranks. Mark up the whiteboard, leave a stink capsule in your classmate’s locker, or mess with the school’s PA system, but don’t get caught! Successfully pranking other Sims will increase your mischief skill, but being discovered will have consequences on relationships, as well as lead to trust issues.

Back at home, you can make your teen Sim’s bedroom an oasis that fully reflects their personality and style, as unique as they are. Teen Sims can hang out in the bedrooms, with Sims now able to sit crossed-legged on the bed together and have pillow fights. Need to sneak out of the house after curfew? Sims can exit the house via The E window and trellis ladder, and climb down the side of a house.

Fashion is the ultimate form of self-expression, and has always been a huge part of The Sims. As part of The Sims 4 High School Years Expansion Pack, your Sim’s fashion options are growing even larger via a collaboration with Depop, the circular fashion marketplace app where the next generation comes to discover unique items. Sims can discover clothing items designed by real-world Depop sellers Jeremy Salazar, Sha’an D’Antes, Lapoze McTribouy, Selena Williams and Bella McFadden in-game at the local thrift store and boba hangout, ThrifTea, and earn Simoleons by selling outfits they curate and hype on the new in-game Trendi app and become a “Simfluencer” in the process.

Take pictures of your Sims’ new outfits at the mural from artist Monica Ahanonu, displayed on the side of ThrifTea, drawing inspiration from The Sims x Depop collaboration.

Star Quarterbacks, Prom Queens and Valedictorians

It wouldn’t be a true high school adventure without prom and graduation.

Perhaps the most nerve-wracking yet exciting night of a teen Sims’ high school years is prom. You’ll be able to customize every aspect of your Sim’s prom, beginning with prom preparation and the event itself. Sims can go solo, ask someone to the prom, go with friends, or skip out altogether. From there, players can dive into the details including creating and presenting a promposal sign, selecting outfits, having friends over to get ready, and voting for prom royalty. Players can also plan out their dance routines, music, snacks, and more. How a Sim prepares for and participates in prom will impact their relationships going forward!

And then, of course, the high school experience culminates with graduation, the ceremony bookending a Sim’s time at Copperdale High. It’s a chance to celebrate with friends and family, and welcome in the next stage of life. Sims can prepare before the main event by inviting guests, deciding their outfit, and acquiring gifts for friends and teachers. All the decisions your Sim has made throughout their high school journey will impact how their graduation plays out. Sims can choose whether or not they attend, but they won’t be invited to graduate if their grades don’t meet the mark!

No matter how you choose to live out your High School Years in The Sims 4, there are no wrong answers. Unless it’s a test you forgot to study for.

oin us for a deep dive of High School Years and learn more about the new base game updates coming to The Sims 4 on Friday, July 15, 2022 at 11am PDT on Twitch and YouTube.

https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/news/high-school-years-guided-tour
  • IrishSimmer21IrishSimmer21 Posts: 464 Member
    It looks good. I might buy it because I have 2 kids in one save who I lost interest in. This will give them stuff to do as teens before going to uni as YAs.
  • DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,660 Member
    Interactive school environment and a new world!!!!

Yes!!!!!!!! Yes yes yes yes yes!!!!!! Thank god today is going fast at work and I should get home earlier than normal.

I have got to see this on a real monitor because it looks pretty flipping awesome on this tiny screen.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top