Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

High School Years Positive Thoughts Thread

Comments

• Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,881 Member
    Hearts4u wrote: »
    Haven't started playing yet. After the last two patch updates, I decided to start a new save and move every build and Sim from my existing save to the brand new save. This new save will be my master save.

Even when you do save as, the bug isn't gone unless you start a new save which can be frustrating when you have all your builds and Sims in place. Nonetheless, I've put this off for years. High School Years gave me the added nudge to get this done. Right now I've made it to Brindleton Bay and I have nine more worlds to go. Doing a little bit every day helps.

Once this is finished, I can start having fun with my teens and the new pack.

@Hearts4u are you referring to the aging bug,?
  • Options
    Hearts4uHearts4u Posts: 1,775 Member
    edited August 2022
    Hearts4u wrote: »
    Haven't started playing yet. After the last two patch updates, I decided to start a new save and move every build and Sim from my existing save to the brand new save. This new save will be my master save.

Even when you do save as, the bug isn't gone unless you start a new save which can be frustrating when you have all your builds and Sims in place. Nonetheless, I've put this off for years. High School Years gave me the added nudge to get this done. Right now I've made it to Brindleton Bay and I have nine more worlds to go. Doing a little bit every day helps.

Once this is finished, I can start having fun with my teens and the new pack.

@Hearts4u are you referring to the aging bug,?

@simgirl1010 .... No, I did not have any bugs from that patch related to aging. The only one I had was Sims being greyed out when you wanted to travel. So, I reported that one on AHQ.
    Origin ID: littlebonnieblue
  • Options
    jennieeffinjennieeffin Posts: 184 Member
    I've finally been able to do some gameplay the last two days after spending a significant amount of time creating a new master save. The patch and the game changed so many fundamental things for me that I felt overwhelmed and decided to start from scratch.

One unintended positive consequence (for me at least) of either the patch or the pack is that romance feels more true to life. I'm still on my first legacy sim, plugging away at her skills and trying to find a partner. Previously, I would have been able to achieve this with about 2 hrs of "sim" time. This time it took quite a bit. Every once in a while a negative interaction would pop up, or I'd ask too early about romantic preferences, etc. It took about a week in Sims Time of meeting up with this guy to get him to be my founder's boyfriend and move in.

Another positive for me is that now that I've gone and adjusted the sexual orientation of every single one of my "resident" sims (that is, those that occupy houses in each world), there isn't just weird random flirty moods when she hangs out with her girlfriends to go clubbing. Not to say that isn't what I want at some point, but it was just funny to me that any friendly interaction was always a hair's breadth away from pink-flirty-mood time. In this save go around, my founder has a BFF that has her keys and they hang out at least once a day and not once has one of them randomly turned flirty.

As for the pack itself, I do what I always do and completely ignore the features I know will annoy me. I played a couple of live school days just to test it out and once my Legacy gets there I'm sure I'll go to school maybe two days out of the week, tops, and use the campus for teen skill-building on the weekends. No one in my save uses the Bunny app and I use the style influencer feature mostly as a way to have my legacy sim buy outfits for herself or for her friends. It was really fun to go to the thrift shop during Christmas time and create outfits I felt would be good for each my sim's close friends and gift them to them. I also really like the style like/dislike choice. Anything that makes each one of my sims feel more individual is a good thing.

The build/buy and the world are some of my favorite ever! That boho bedroom set is everything.
  • Options
    KerriganKerrigan Posts: 1,576 Member
    So Ksuihuh's mod to have more students at school is excellent. I got the download to up the students to 18 and now there are students in every desk. She made files to have 24 and even 40 if you want to test your computer's max. It really brings the room to life when all of the desks are filled

Link to the Mod: https://ksuihuh.wixsite.com/corner/post/_more

K00ZT3Q.png
  • Options
    I've seen a lot of really big schools that are more than one story. Several are really nice; yet, I wonder how practical those builds are for gameplay. Personally, it suits my gameplay style to have everything on the first floor.

It would be nice if they would add the maximum amount of students to the high school lot especially for those like myself that don't want to mod their game. They can add 5 more students.

For those who have been playing without mods, have you noticed the maximum amount of students which would be 16 total attending? Or, if you are playing with one Sim, do you only see 6 in your classroom including your teen and 5 in the other classroom--this has been my experience when I was testing my high school build.
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    You can check out my simple one floor High School in the Gallery under SEREFRAS if you want to.
    I only play vanilla with my packs/kits. If you like my simple High School build, please let me know. Also, you can always download it to your gameplay if you want to. ;)
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    SERVERFRA wrote: »
    You can check out my simple one floor High School in the Gallery under SEREFRAS if you want to.
    I only play vanilla with my packs/kits. If you like my simple High School build, please let me know. Also, you can always download it to your gameplay if you want to. ;)

Thanks but I actually do like the high school build in the game. It just needed a little make over. So, after spending many hours remodeling, bringing everything to one floor then play testing it, I'm happy with it now. Plus, I made the auditorium match the high school exterior.

Occasionally, I watch build videos for enjoyment and to get ideas. The stop motion builds are my favorite. It is always an added bonus when they show Sims utilizing the build.
  • Options
    For anyone looking for a modern high school build, this is quite impressive. Mr. Olkan did a great job; plus, he always has the best music playing on his build videos. Because he's a builder, I wonder if he actually plays the game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tp1Rmcvr9Vg
  • Options
    Okay, the landscaping for this high school is really impressive. InSims did an amazing job on this build. This is a short stop motion build and I can't wait for part two.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rIWzULSiV-U
  • Options
    DarrenDarren Posts: 129 Member

Not sure why anyone would hype career day.
    I try to stay positive for this thread, but sorry the career day does nothing. Half the time you even have to guess what career the people are from.
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    I try to stay positive for this thread, but sorry the career day does nothing. Half the time you even have to guess what career the people are from.

@Darren
    I post these articles as informational sources for simmers. Not hype.
  • Options
    DarrenDarren Posts: 129 Member

@Darren
    I post these articles as informational sources for simmers. Not hype.

That wasn't directed at you but aimed at the Sims Community who made that tweet.
  • Options
    Amelia just finished her first day of high school. First thing to do now. Find and download a new high school with a more compact layout.
  • Options
    RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,850 Member
    I went back to an older save looking for the aging bug things went fine but it's a legacy save so I've been in it a while so after aging up I got the note they could go to prom I mean I missed their birthday so I took them and found siblings can dance together. They are twins so it was cute. Just a heads up if you have other saves you visit. :)
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • Options
    telemwilltelemwill Posts: 1,752 Member
    All my mods are updated. I finally got back in the game, but had an LE due to a mod that needed HSY. I didn't think I had any pack specific mods in, so tried to find the troublemaker. Finally I gave up and bought the pack.😁 Still a little nervous about relationships with HSYs installed, but if necessary I will MCCC them away. Excited about being able to play again!
  • Options
    Amelia just finished her first day of high school. First thing to do now. Find and download a new high school with a more compact layout.

YUP! Way too much time walking from one thing to the next! I took everything from the basement and second floor and put them on the first floor and it smoothed that out.
  • Options
    Just curious how often everyone accompanies their teen to school. I would imagine for those who rotate you probably spend a great deal of time going to school with your sims? I'm only on day 2 and already know I won't be going with my teen every day. It doesn't allow you to focus on other household members and my teens are teens for a very long time so she won't be graduating any time soon. I'm thinking twice a week will be sufficient. Tuesdays and Fridays.
  • Options
    Just curious how often everyone accompanies their teen to school. I would imagine for those who rotate you probably spend a great deal of time going to school with your sims? I'm only on day 2 and already know I won't be going with my teen every day. It doesn't allow you to focus on other household members and my teens are teens for a very long time so she won't be graduating any time soon. I'm thinking twice a week will be sufficient. Tuesdays and Fridays.

For the teen sims I care about, I really do spend a lot of time in "follow" mode. I try to envision a story of how the sim reacts to other classmates so if I'm playing Cassandra Goth and Sofia Bjergsen or Luna Villareal is there - does she want to be friends or compete with them? I don't find going to class every day to be a must but yeah, 2-4 times a week is really good to get stories going.
  • Options
    rudolpharudolpha Posts: 998 Member
    Agree that I can't send my teens to HS every day because other family members get neglected, no one has time to cook etc. Don't set specific days, it just depends on family dynamics, but I do like to go some days.
  • Options
    telemwilltelemwill Posts: 1,752 Member

I just got back into the game, but I've used Zerbu's Go to School mod and active careers in my rotation. What I tend to do is focus on each family member on different days. With this new pack, once I've experienced it, I may not follow the teens to school until I'm almost ready to age them up. Then I will probably follow them for an entire week as their end of highschool experience.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top