Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

High School Years Positive Thoughts Thread

Comments

• Options
    MoonlightGrahamMoonlightGraham Posts: 884 Member
    edited August 2022
    Friday is Exam Day at Copperdale School…the culmination of a long, difficult week of study. It turned out to be a very busy day for Principal William Fordyce-Grieg.
    Copperdale students and faculty alike enjoy lingering over lunch. One result of this beloved campus tradition is a rather cavalier attitude concerning the beginning of the afternoon class. One day, Ms. Meade arrived at her own classroom eleven minutes before the bell.

On this Friday, Mr. Fordyce-Grieg decided to take a stand.

The afternoon exam had been underway for about ten minutes when the principal spied Moshe Greenberg loitering in the hallway. He promptly laid down the law.
    a6a0DKc.png
    Moshe must wonder why he's being busted, when Sarah Bloom is standing not five feet away...also not in her exam room. And, look...there's Shamika Banks down in the stairwell!

Moshe pleads for mercy, but Principal Fordyce-Grieg will hear none of it.
    1cCdtTS.png
    Mr. Greenberg made no attempt to take his exam, but he was certainly not the only student who was guilty of a lack of purpose. And the principal knew who they were. He burst into Classroom 1, taking the teacher, Ms. Barnett, by surprise. While students were still taking their tests--Mr F-G collared the next offender on his list.
    gKyodv6.png
    It's Zoe Sims...my daughter's sweet Simself!

"NOOOOOOOoooo!" Z wailed when she watched these events unfold. "Plumbob ON A STICK!" she added, using a phrase that has become part of our Sims lexicon.
    The real Z is, by her own admission, "the ultimate rule follower." Her mom and I shook with laughter to see our Simdaughter step out of line and get caught. "OH my GOSH," Z exclaimed. "She was ONLY A FEW MINUTES late...and some of those slackers JUST GOT IN THE ROOM!"

Poor Zoe was mortified. And look at Mr. F-G's expression...
    hUxKwUq.png
    Mr. Fordyce-Grieg whirled around to confront another miscreant. Elizabeth Reilly was the next to feel his wrath.
    E6PxpZK.png
    Zoe pouted as Elizabeth tried to plead her case. Puppy dog eyes don't work on Mr. Fordyce-Grieg.
    SLnZdfQ.png
    Grace Nash thought she'd gotten away with strolling in late. Have a big slice of "nope," Miss Nash.
    pQKMqFa.png
    The girl seated in the desk between Zoe and Grace is Tracey Decker. See that smirk on her face? Tracey was one of the few kids who was in the room when the bell rang.

Matt Miller was not in the room when the bell rang.
    5c5XMLr.png
    Nile Kinnick looks like he's the one being scolded. Tracey Decker knows she is not.
    Gavin McFadden was in the hallway when Mr. F-G entered the classroom. You can see him, just outside the door, in the photo showing Zoe's "capture." While the principal disciplined one classmate after another, Gavin slipped in quietly and sat down in the desk in the back corner. Z and I missed his entrance...but Mr. Fordyce-Grieg sure didn't. From the opposite corner of the room, the principal rendered his justice.
    fXNObuh.png
    Mr. F-G then left the classroom. The exam period was now over. Had he apprehended all the wrongdoers?
    1XnzFiq.png
    No! Poor Matty was a sitting duck...a Disco Duck.
    pOhAecH.png

By now, William had disciplined seven students who decided something else was more important than being on time for their exam. A less professional administrator might decide he had proven his point. Not William. "They're like Pokémon," he said. "Gotta catch 'em all."
    Surely Sarah Bloom thought she'd skated by this time. Mr. Fordyce-Grieg had been too busy busting Moshe to notice her.
    ViyZDKW.png
    Or had he? Sorry, Sarah.

William Fordyce-Grieg is a Sim Z and I found in the Gallery. He was put there as a loving tribute by his son, who wanted his dad to "go on as many adventures as possible" in our games. We were delighted to add him to our Simworld. The real Mr. Fordyce-Grieg was apparently a lovely man, a scientist, teacher, and scholar who loved the theatre and the arts. His Simself seemed to us to be ideally suited for the role of Principal at Copperdale School.

On that Friday afternoon, he taught his students, firmly but fairly, that a rule is a rule.
    Exie hay, cavero, veebo marz viremzico.
    Exie hay, cavero, mabza meeah vendarzo.
    Yevsas mairzeemo!
  • Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    edited August 2022
    I wasn't sure where to share this. So Prom has been broken in my game since HSY launched. (tested without mods) After the hot fix I gave it another try in a new test save. I thought Prom was still broken but I realized it was Friday night. Somehow I forgot Prom night is on Saturday. Anyways... It worked! For the first time ever! I don't know if it was the hot fix.

If it's still broken for anyone else I suggest trying a test save and update your mods or take them out. I also read on reddit to change all lounge lot types if you have Get Famous so that silly talent show event doesn't break Prom.
    Post edited by SimplyJen on
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    Evilyn_1007Evilyn_1007 Posts: 762 Member
    telemwill wrote: »
    I haven't actually played with the pack yet since I'm still setting up my game. But while I was going to all my households with teens to put them in after school activities, I saw one of them relaxing on the bed with her phone. Very cool 😎!

On the other hand, I couldn't put my teens who have actual jobs in an after school activity. They had to choose. I know some have managed to do both, but I'm afraid to experiment in case they lose progress in their job.

Someone on the forum told me it has to be after-school activity first and then Job. And I have found that this works if you want them to have both.

Yes, but my Sims already have jobs, so I wonder if they would lose their progression if I quit to join an after school activity.

You can always save your game, then try it out. If you lose your job progression then don’t save and you could go back to where you left off. If it matters that much to you.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,866 Member
    @MoonlightGraham awesome narration! You truly bring your characters to life. 🙂
  • Options
    telemwilltelemwill Posts: 1,752 Member
    I haven't actually played with the pack yet since I'm still setting up my game. But while I was going to all my households with teens to put them in after school activities, I saw one of them relaxing on the bed with her phone. Very cool 😎!

On the other hand, I couldn't put my teens who have actual jobs in an after school activity. They had to choose. I know some have managed to do both, but I'm afraid to experiment in case they lose progress in their job.

Someone on the forum told me it has to be after-school activity first and then Job. And I have found that this works if you want them to have both.

Yes, but my Sims already have jobs, so I wonder if they would lose their progression if I quit to join an after school activity.

You can always save your game, then try it out. If you lose your job progression then don’t save and you could go back to where you left off. If it matters that much to you.

Thanks! I will try to remember that when I actually play the teens. At least I have a few in each school activity.
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    So I'm kind of mixing werewolves pack and highschool together as well as starting all of my storyline from the beginning since I have so much new stuff to add to it 😏
    so I have like multiple things going on at once and it's hard to decide which to focus on first because all of it is equally fun. 😩
    So first I had my two highschool brothers and their parents move into moonwood mills (where the dad can hopefully get bitten by Greg👀)

I'm loving both copperdale and moonwood mills but seeing people run past the house in fear as soon as my sims moved in and was reading the information sign can't be a good start lol
    A9O8t86.jpeg

All the weeks😩 I spent building everything was worth it. It came out how I imagined and now I can play play play without worrying about lots for a while. Loving the vibe of this neighborhood.
    Srw0NN3.jpeg
    sZa05L2.jpeg
    nJKlZof.jpeg
    H4LWLRj.jpeg
    EH6i13h.jpeg
    JOb3Rfu.jpeg

The timing was perfect! I started playing on a Saturday morning (in game) which means I had the weekend to prepare for their first day of highschool.
    First thing I did was add amusement park rides to the pier so I have a combo of functional rides and rabbit holes. And also something for all ages to enjoy as a hangout spot. (My kid sims are going to have a blast here)

I had mom take them their for a little weekend fun! I'm in love with this place and I adore the noises and carnival music 🎶 ❤
    The haunted house was first 👁👄👁
    1Ta3hZd.jpeg
    nOqKacZ.jpeg
    E77rFGh.jpeg
    L7wI9am.jpeg
    The little ride animations are so cute lol
    9KWCRAj.jpeg
    oMsYJZr.jpeg
    phr3oKh.jpeg
    mQAWjkV.jpeg
    ClB5Weo.jpeg
    BQLqltE.jpeg
    tg35UYP.jpeg
    cIac4yo.jpeg
    51pm7Qm.jpeg
    jDCDy2W.jpeg

I thought mom was grabbing food for her kids but she greedily ate two cupcakes lol.
    I ended the day with a few selfies.
    There was tons more to do but I had other stuff to do this weekend before school. Can't wait to come back here with a group of friends once my sims make some at school. Excited to see it at night too.

WDmYRRn.jpeg
    tw6SgBB.jpeg
    AuaB15I.jpeg
    OHlsrMh.jpeg

So on Sunday mom decided it was time for a haircut to perhaps look a bit more presentable at school. Dante was NOT happy but moms rule 😩
    NzNCA9G.jpeg

So they went to a mini salon in copperdale.
    I love this get famous chair for makeovers
    kFGkNGQ
    Lol
    wHKnlkr.jpeg
    of5PAix.jpeg
    33ViTLF.jpeg
    26Te39L.jpeg

Afterwards mom decided to get an after picture. I found this beautiful area around copperdale with a Gazebo and bird fountain. It's great how they are making off lot areas more usable compared to old worlds.

Y4JRwki.jpeg
    ejEAQko.jpeg
    wWWbGbA.jpeg this was such a beautiful area I decided to play around with the football here! Will be perfect for a picnic on another day.

VUPBudc.jpeg
    The way he squeezed his eyes closed and the ball flew over his head. Then he's like uhhh where'd it go? O.o Exactly how I catch balls 😂😂
    2iosU2b.jpeg
    ap8PjUW.jpeg
    eD0JlsN.jpeg
    9aHcZ5V.jpeg

It was a fun day overall! Loving this pack. I spent like a few hours just watching my sim sit cross legged on the floor and bed. Still can't believe we can finally do this! 😂😂🥺🥺
    There's so much I'm excited to get to like pillow fights and social media but I'm taking it slow especially since my sims have a small off the grid farm to take care of.

I have to get their school uniforms, mess around with Greg at night and see how the first day of school goes Monday morning! As I get a hold of how it works I will adjust the size of the school or whatever else accordingly.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    Some new HSY from LittleMsSam.

NPC Relationship Autonomy Fix
    With the Highschool DLC NPC Relationship Autonomy Interactions weere added which happen totally random, so i added some tests to them:
    Ask to be Best Friend - Must be at least friends
    Ask to Prom as Friends - Must be at least friends; No Romantic Relationship
    Ask to Prom - Must have Romantic Relationship
    Ask to be Boyfriend/Girlfriend - Must have Romantic Relationship but not Engaged, Married or Significant Other
    Break Up With - Must have Romantic Relationship. Optional as Addon: Not Engaged or Married
    Propose - Must have Romantic Relationship but not Engaged, Married
    An Age Test has been added to all of them as well: Age Tests Teens <-> Teens & Young Adult, Adult, Elder <-> Young Adult, Adult, Elder

Highschool Promote Fix

When you play only in the active Highschool Career and follow your Teen each time, they will often not promote even if their performance is on top. I added a Loot to the Take Notes Interaction, when Teens are in class. This Loot tests if their Performance statistic is at least 95. If that is the case, they will promote.

https://littlemssam.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    @MoonlightGraham @Hearts4u @logion you peeps are making the pack sound very enjoyable. Logion, your cafe looks awesome with so many sims!

If only it was still at a cheap price you may have tempted me to get it... I had some money for my birthday on Monday and am contemplating what to buy with it. But I don't wanna spend over £30 on a pack I will need to heavily mod.

But it does look like you guys are having fun. Keep the updates coming!
  • Options
    joRN1414joRN1414 Posts: 1,669 Member
    I am actually having more fun with this pack than I thought I would. Moreso the family interactions/studying/mentoring, and the CAS B/B. I do wish that teens didn't have to complete some of the events like 'night on the town' though.
    "Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death!" -Auntie Mame
  • Options
    These simmers have taken high school into their own hands... literally 🏫😉
    comment below which high school you’d attend 🤔📚

1. Llama Dream High School by mrszhuliya on Origin
    2. New Copperdale High School by sirhc59 on Origin
    3. Copperdale High School by grenedae on Origin
    4. Copperdale Highschool by charlypancakes on Origin

• Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    Everyone is making it so hard for me to stick to a school 😩😩😩😩 so many amazing ones
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    KerriganKerrigan Posts: 1,576 Member
    I found a really cozy little wizard-inspired high school I'm going to try this weekend. It's a single floor and probably would fit on a 20x20 lot normally. Might be a little too small but I can build more if needed.
  • Options
    Finally finished decorating Amelia's room.

yPVnqUu.png

g1KZBLb.png
  • Options
    After setting up for HSY, I started playing with my spellcaster Sim, Rowan Storyweaver.(Her father is actually Michael Bachelor, but she was raised by her mother.) It was Friday, so she had orientation and exams on the same day. It surprised me and ran smoothly. I am using James Turner's build and only the lower right section is used during the school day which makes it easier to get around than the original build. Rowan did well and aced her exams. The actual class session is the weakest part since you're just watching. I enjoyed hanging around after school and watching the teens use the building to paint, play chess, and mess around with the computers.
  • Options
    I do wish the kids had more to do in class. Think I saw a mod that adds more classroom participation.
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    I do wish the kids had more to do in class. Think I saw a mod that adds more classroom participation.

Yes, there's one by Chipped Sims. Right now it only allows your Sim to use their phone in class which can get them in trouble. I think more is planned. I'm hoping to be able to ask questions or take notes. Although I quess they are already taking notes.
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,882 Member
    edited August 2022
    @MoonlightGraham Great story! "guilty of a lack of purpose" made me giggle :)
    @Hearts4u I know I say this practically every time you post, but your sims are so gorgeous. And the tired prom queen on the pier in her crown and gown was especially sweet and funny.

@simgirl1010 To answer your question about following teens to school: My sims in general know that usually when I have teen sims I focus on them and let the parents fade into the background until the teens leave the nest. Life is short (even on normal lifespan) and the teen stage is when I figure out what my sims will be like as adults. I'll probably follow most of my teens to high school most of the time unless I get bored with it.
    In my farm challenge though, I'm not, because I need to be with Thomas the full-time farmer at home doing the farmwork!

• Options
    My teens stay in the nest for a long time. 😄 Juliette, Amelia's mom, was a teen for almost 4 years. So I'll have plenty of time to follow Amelia to school.
  • Options
    Hearts4uHearts4u Posts: 1,775 Member
    edited August 2022
    Thank you @mightysprite

I just logged in online into the game and there is a new survey for those who purchased High School Years.
    High-School-Years-Survey.jpg
    Origin ID: littlebonnieblue
  • Options
    Spent some time in CAS changing some of my teen outfits. So many base game and other pack dresses are great for prom. Making sure none of my teens are wearing the same outfit and/or changing up colors is a must. I moved my family to Cooperdale on the 50 x 50 lot; the house I used was an EA build on the 64 x 64 lot in Windenburg which worked nicely.

It is Sunday night in game and the Ashtons invited both grandparents over for family dinner. Lexie Ashton invited her best friend, Tamika Holman, over. Once it stops raining, I'll be able to explore the world while walking Kipper the family dog. Tomorrow will be a Sim Monday and Ashton can experience his first day of high school; I'm really looking forward to this.
    Family-Dinner.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    Here is part 2: InSims Stop Motion Cooperdale High School build. What makes this even more fun to watch is the inclusion of Sims.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ntHTNo_VFD0
  • Options
    MoonlightGrahamMoonlightGraham Posts: 884 Member
    @simgirl1010 Thank you for the compliment! My regular "story save" is on hiatus for now, because I'm still a bit anxious about subjecting it to the whims of the latest patches and updates. In the meantime, I'm having fun writing "mini-stories" about the Sims in my High School Years save. Some of the Teens Z and I created have turned out to be a lot of fun.

@mightysprite Thank you, too! Z and I smile whenever the Sims choose to ignore the "warning bell," and continue doing whatever it is they're doing in the Dining Hall. When they do start off to class, they stroll along at a leisurely pace. They invariably clog the staircase, twitching in place as they try to figure out who's going to climb the stairs first. Most of the time, at least one of the teachers makes the same choices. When I said Ms. Meade got to class eleven minutes before the bell, I meant the dismissal bell. :)

Rather than getting annoyed at this glitch, Z and I decided to make it part of the experience. Laughing is more fun than complaining. :smiley:
    Exie hay, cavero, veebo marz viremzico.
    Exie hay, cavero, mabza meeah vendarzo.
    Yevsas mairzeemo!
  • Options
    Rather than getting annoyed at this glitch, Z and I decided to make it part of the experience. Laughing is more fun than complaining. :smiley:

Totally agree.
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    Because I want my teen to receive school projects and get better grades, I've decided to send him to school by himself at least two days out of the week. I also decided that instead of having a child my plan is for their second child to remain a toddler. So, I deleted Lexie, their little girl. Aaron's parents are going to have a new baby girl who will also be named Lexie. After purchasing some strawberries, his mom, Debra, was ready to get pregnant. Debra will now be a stay-at-home mom. This way I can balance attending high school with Aaron and doing family things.

Aaron arrived home with a school project that he worked on with his dad, Oliver. This is a very loving family who enjoys doing things together. Oliver needs a shave. Having beards grow and shaving is such a nice touch.
    School-Project.jpg

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top