Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

List of Fears

Comments

• Options
    Gamer_34567544Gamer_34567544 Posts: 1,300 Member
    Omri147 wrote: »
    Why am I not surprised at this point... Always the bare minimum when they actually add interesting stuff.

I hope EA pays attention to the thread.
  • Options
    Cynel1Cynel1 Posts: 1,389 Member
  • Options
    StuffyMarxStuffyMarx Posts: 330 Member
    I could relate to "Fear of psychopathic Roosters" if that was a thing. We had one when I was growing up (appropriately, we named him "Aggro").
  • Options
    DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    In my opinion we got plenty of fears. And I am sure they will add more of them from already released packs and new packs will add fears as well.
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • Options
    wylmite1986wylmite1986 Posts: 1,771 Member
    I feel so bad for my elderly sims cause now they have the fear of dying. How do I go about overcoming it? It made me so sad when that popped up. And another questions do kids get them too? Cause so far my kids haven’t gotten any.
    sims_zpswwzalnus.jpg
  • Options
    ZiafarZiafar Posts: 705 Member
    You mean that you do not choose which sim has a specific fear. It is random?
  • Options
    EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,938 Member
    Ziafar wrote: »
    You mean that you do not choose which sim has a specific fear. It is random?

Fears don't seem random. Seeing a ghost possess stuff can trigger a fear in ghosts. They do come on their own though...
  • Options
    I'm surprised my vampire fears it won't see it's dreams come true. Vampires have an eternity to work up to it!
  • Options
    MelanieScribblesMelanieScribbles Posts: 161 Member
    Thanks so much for posting these: I feel like my simself would definitely have the 'fear of failure' fear, so I'd definitely want to use cheats to properly implement that if I put her into a save. Her likes and dislikes already accurately represent me, but it's not really going to feel like me in-game with any other fear on the Sim. I mean, I'm not exactly afraid of Cowplants. :D
  • Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    I am really interested in how these work in game.
  • Options
    kadoracsimskadoracsims Posts: 13 New Member
    anyone know if any modders are gonna try this out?
  • Options
    Oh boy. A vampire who's afraid of death?? This new update is so weird!
  • Options
    TammorsTammors Posts: 357 Member
    Oh boy. A vampire who's afraid of death?? This new update is so weird!
    That does sound wierd. But then again, the vampires in my game keep dying continuously because they're not smart enough to stay out of the sun. I have one guy that's been resurrected 6 or 7 times already, because he won't learn his lesson.

• Options
    edited August 2022
    Thanks to The Sims Community, I have updated the main post with new fears from the new expansion pack. Some fears would really also fit for children.

I also remember something called "Fear of Rejection". Do I remember it incorrectly or is the list incomplete.

Anyway, if you know the trait cheat codes for these, please share. I will also put them in the main post.

Edit. Got the trait cheat codes! Added them to the main pages.

Now we'll have to wait until they add more fears...
    Post edited by EgonVM on
  • Options
    SerraNolwenSerraNolwen Posts: 731 Member
    Yikes, not including any of the older DLC packs in a basegame update this size is... a terrible move. They really keep trying to pretend old DLC doesn't exist, huh? Are they hoping we forget they exist so we stop asking for bug fixes and improvements? I love this game, but sometimes this version is really hard to keep hope in. Tiny, tiny hope that they just somehow didn't manage to get everything ready by HSY's release and that we will get new fears for other packs next month. But since that didn't happen with sentiments, I doubt it, sadly.
  • Options
    Another discovery I'll be adding to the first post.

Brave trait (available in the rewards store) makes the sim immune to fears. You can't even add fears with cheats on them.
  • Options
    Metior_IceMetior_Ice Posts: 3,103 Member
    Playing merfolk, I can use a mirror to perform every interaction that came before Island Living without leaving the water, but the interactions that use the same animations don’t work for newer packs. I’m not surprised that wants and fears were not created for packs outside the base game.
  • Options
    Metior_IceMetior_Ice Posts: 3,103 Member
    My merfolk have to save the vampires from the sun all the time. There are a few vampires that would have burned to death if my mermen and mermaids didn’t call a rainstorm…
  • Options
    SimSoonSimSoon Posts: 55 Member
    There doesn't seem to be anything stopping a sim developing every single fear, so maybe it's better that there aren't a hundred, you'd drown. But do pack-specific situations trigger the base fears? Can a bad karaoke performance or poorly-knitted sweater trigger a fear of failure, or getting hit by lightning trigger a fear of death?
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    I've updated the original post with what traits conflict with what fears (with what I found in tuning files). For example, Gloomy sims will never get the fear of ghosts.

Now, I'm again back with bad news:
    Fears are only for teens, young adults, adults, and elders. This means children and toddlers will never get fears.
    What is with children getting left out lately?
  • Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    EgonVM wrote: »
    I've updated the original post with what traits conflict with what fears (with what I found in tuning files). For example, Gloomy sims will never get the fear of ghosts.

Now, I'm again back with bad news:
    Fears are only for teens, young adults, adults, and elders. This means children and toddlers will never get fears.
    What is with children getting left out lately?

That was a nice detail, gloomy sims not being scared by ghosts.
  • Options
    GrayfoxOmega_01GrayfoxOmega_01 Posts: 3 New Member
    I don't know if it's just me but the fears seem super broken. My Sims get "fear of dead in job" like every single time they come home from work, and they get promotions regularly. I just disabled it because it was super annoying but I hate how they put the disable fear toggle with disable wants. I like wants but hate fears and I'm bummed I have to have one with the other or neither
  • Options
    I don't know if it's just me but the fears seem super broken. My Sims get "fear of dead in job" like every single time they come home from work, and they get promotions regularly. I just disabled it because it was super annoying but I hate how they put the disable fear toggle with disable wants. I like wants but hate fears and I'm bummed I have to have one with the other or neither

Agreed, it is super broken. Especially with elders with their fear of death (it just keeps coming back).

This system has so much potential...
  • Options
    Update!

Growing Together adds a new fear: Fear of Being Inferior. This is a fear for children only.

In addition, children can now also fear the dark. Though why High School Years fears aren't included to them I don't know...

Fear of Death for elders still hasn't been fixed...
  • Options
    SlackerSlacker Posts: 2,954 Member
    Fear has apparently conusmed the game... im glad i found this, they trigger anxiety for me when i see them running in panic i hate that ! lol https://modthesims.info/d/670172/sims-get-no-fears.html
    Gallrey ID: Le_Slacker