Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

High School Years Positive Thoughts Thread

Comments

• Options
    DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,848 Member
    Looks pretty neat! I like the build/buy, hopefully school lot types will be a thing but not a deal breaker if it ends up beimg we can follow our teen to a school we can modify. Im definitely gonna be making school cliques xD. I probably will be waiting until its out on Amazon since I got free giftcards to use, but this is definitely an EP im keeping an eye on.

The BB is really good too. I think I'll love it more as we get closer to the release of this pack and further away from the release of Werewolves. The charming, rummage sale DIY furniture from Werewolves really was on another level and it's still hard not too compare the two. Which is unfair to this pack, that's why I think I'll love the BB items more in a couple of weeks. There is plenty of cool stuff to use across a lot of worlds and different tastes.
  • Options
    Hearts4uHearts4u Posts: 1,775 Member
    edited June 2022
    I’m happy they didn’t include bands/orchestra gameplay because that leaves room for the possibility of it coming in its own pack. I shall assume this is the case unless the livestream reveals otherwise.

I have an enormous amount of teens in my game. When I played my first family, I wanted my teen to have a lot of friends. So, I made sure his friends had girlfriends and boyfriends. I wonder if others have a lot of teens in their game and are ready.

Even with University, I could only send one Sim at a time because it was less stressful and more enjoyable. The same will go for my high school experience. I’ve always played with aging off; so, my teen Aaron will never leave high school. Aaron is a hottie who loves music. His best friend happens to be a nerd named Alexander Goth. These two have been best friends since they were kids. They defied the odds and are still friends as they start their freshman year.

Hoping not to see any random teen townies at the school. I’ve created enough teens so that all of them should be the ones that show up.
    Post edited by Hearts4u on
    Origin ID: littlebonnieblue
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,873 Member
    Burglars or not, I love the addition of sneaking out and back in...though I wouldn't know anything about that.😏

Haha. Me neither. But my oldest son taught me everything I needed to know. 😄
  • Options
    MayaRose1138MayaRose1138 Posts: 1,791 Member
    Just had a thought: if teens are able to get crushes, possibly without player intervention, doesn’t that imply that there is some sort of attraction system coming??
  • Options
    Just had a thought: if teens are able to get crushes, possibly without player intervention, doesn’t that imply that there is some sort of attraction system coming??

How would an attraction system even work in the game? Would this affect teens who are already in a relationship?

• Options
    DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,848 Member
    I love Sidney's hair❤️ The game has been needing more styles like this. I have a bigger picture of it under the tag.
    tSyKevQ.png?1
    ASeGND9.jpg?1

I wish I could get a good closeup of the updo on the girl over his left shoulder, the redhead. That looks like a brand new variation of this one from City Living...
    JkBqLDh.png?1
  • Options
    AalyahReedAalyahReed Posts: 209 Member
    edited July 2022
    Even though I hated HS IRL, I am very excited for this pack! It seems like it adds a lot of new gameplay, which is especially welcome for the younger age groups in the game (wouldn't mind some new gameplay for elders at some point, too) and this will hopefully make teens more distinct from the YA/A life stages.

I'm psyched to see the theme park make a return, as I loved playing with the one in TS3 world, Roaring Heights. I'd like my families to have nice group outings there; it will be a nice date spot, too. I like that the HS is being advertised as "fully customisable" which will hopefully make each one distinct for each world.

And with such limited space, this new world, Copperdale, is very welcome.

I wonder if there are other after school activities other than football and cheerleading, for those of us, I mean, for those of our Sims *cough, cough* who are not quite so athletically inclined!
  • Options
    rjssimrjssim Posts: 1,339 Member
    edited July 2022
    This is cool. After all these years, I will finally get a chance to graduate from high school, lol! I left school around the middle of grade 11 and started working.
  • Options
    UniqueKhaosUniqueKhaos Posts: 470 Member
    I wonder if we’ll be able to switch between multiple teens in the same household while they’re at school.
  • Options
    EricasFreePlayEricasFreePlay Posts: 849 Member
    I thought I was excited for the Werewolves pack. This just surpassed that on an entirely new level. I may have to upgrade to a new laptop next year to enjoy both packs. I will be purchasing this (or if I can win it, that would be even better LOL).
  • Options
    SweetieWright_84SweetieWright_84 Posts: 4,129 Member
    I have watched the trailer several times, and many trailer reactions, and I'm sold. It looks like there is so much to do with teens now.

I am curious about the thrift store. I wonder if we will finally get muti-purpose lots or if it will function like any lot with a bar? I wonder how big the world will be?
    Gallery ID: SweetieWright_84--Save File Thread--Youtube Channel
  • Options
    DanmanNefariusDanmanNefarius Posts: 947 Member

i sincerely hope not... it don't want the game to force my sims towards the random generated trash polluting my saves tyvm

• Options
    about time teens will be more interesting and offer some unique distinct gameplay
  • Options
    AalyahReed wrote: »
    Even though I hated HS IRL, I am very excited for this pack! It seems like it adds a lot of new gameplay, which is especially welcome for the younger age groups in the game (wouldn't mind some new gameplay for elders at some point, too) and this will hopefully make teens more distinct from the YA/A life stages.

I'm psyched to see the theme park make a return, as I loved playing with the one in TS3 world, Roaring Heights. I'd like my families to have nice group outings there; it will be a nice date spot, too. I like that the HS is being advertised as "fully customisable" which will hopefully make each one distinct for each world.

I wonder if there are other after school activities other than football and cheerleading, for those of us, I mean, for those of our Sims *cough, cough* who are not quite so athletically inclined!

they already gave you the tools with Get Together :wink: just use the club system to form your book worm or gamer clubs. it is actually good teen sims can finally form a cheersquad or play some ball!
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    Everything looks so cool.

Now we can build an actual functioning high school.
    High-School-1.jpg

How heartbroken will a Sims be if their crush rejects them. Looking forward to prom nonetheless.
    High-School-2.jpg

Ability to decorate your lockers. Oh my, this poor boy.
    High-School-3.jpg

Can't wait to give my teen's room a makeover.
    High-School-4.jpg
  • Options
    Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    I'm happy, I'm excited, I'm happy, I'm excited!!! I'm doing the bounce ay I'm doing the bounce ay!!!
  • Options

There is a webcam on the monitor. I wonder if you'll be able to see the Sim you are chatting with and/or play video games with them. Can't wait to see what she's looking at.
  • Options
    Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    edited July 2022
    Class is in Session in The Sims™ 4 High School Years Expansion Pack
    Live the Ultimate Teen Experience on Your Own Terms

The PA system crackles as it turns on and the principal starts their morning announcement.]

Good morning, students and faculty of Copperdale High! Welcome back to another adventure-filled school year. For those of you that are new to our school and town, we’re excited to have you joining our dear community! Once renowned for its booming mining industry, Copperdale is a small town nestled on the banks of Lake LaSuli where you can truly live out your teenage dreams, explore your identity, and test boundaries through choices and growth.

We are so proud of our community creators and the seven lots they built in Copperdale, including MsGryphi, who built ThrifTea–the thrift store and local boba hangout, xfreezerbunnyx, who built the library, and JOL1990, who built the high school principal’s old money mansion.

We’ll be giving tours of the school and town after the final bell today, and all are welcome to join.

Here’s to all the memories we’ll be making together this school year.

Go Copperdale Womp Womps!

Carving Your Own Path in High School

Copperdale High is the center of your teen Sims’ world. Inside these halls, Sims participate in everything that makes high school such a formative time in life, from building lifelong friendships, to selecting our favorite extracurricular activities and graduating into adulthood.

During school hours, Sims attend class, hang out with friends, have lunch in the cafeteria, take weekly exams, and hopefully avoid being scolded by the principal who patrols the halls! After school, students can participate in activities like football, cheerleading, chess, and computer clubs, go to events like the science fair, or head home to their poster-filled bedroom to complete their homework.

In terms of extracurriculars, teen Sims can join an after-school club or team like football or cheer, practice these skill related activities, participate in competitions, and experience the highs and lows of winning and losing alongside your teammates.

You’ll even have the opportunity to navigate through the challenges and joys of young love, whether it’s the blissfulness of the crush stage, or the woes of a teenage breakup. A word of advice: Plumbite Pier is the perfect date spot! There is an amusement park with a haunted house, tunnel of love, a ferris wheel, and a photobooth for memories!

Explore Your Teen Identity

Teen years and high school are the launching points for self-discovery. Creating even more ways for Sims to explore their identities, a free base game update will go live alongside the release of High School Years, introducing an additional new feature that will add more choice and opportunity for discovery to your Sims’ lives.

The free base game update will also introduce body hair. For those with the High School Years Expansion Pack, Sims will be able to groom and trim their body hair’s natural growth over time, celebrating that transition through puberty.

You can learn more about the new base game updates coming to The Sims 4 on Friday, July 15, 2022 at 11am PDT on Twitch and YouTube.

Express Your Creativity With Pranks and Style!

What is high school without a little mischief? In High School Years, discover an all new mischievous side to your teen Sims as they pull pranks. Mark up the whiteboard, leave a stink capsule in your classmate’s locker, or mess with the school’s PA system, but don’t get caught! Successfully pranking other Sims will increase your mischief skill, but being discovered will have consequences on relationships, as well as lead to trust issues.

Back at home, you can make your teen Sim’s bedroom an oasis that fully reflects their personality and style, as unique as they are. Teen Sims can hang out in the bedrooms, with Sims now able to sit crossed-legged on the bed together and have pillow fights. Need to sneak out of the house after curfew? Sims can exit the house via The E window and trellis ladder, and climb down the side of a house.

Fashion is the ultimate form of self-expression, and has always been a huge part of The Sims. As part of The Sims 4 High School Years Expansion Pack, your Sim’s fashion options are growing even larger via a collaboration with Depop, the circular fashion marketplace app where the next generation comes to discover unique items. Sims can discover clothing items designed by real-world Depop sellers Jeremy Salazar, Sha’an D’Antes, Lapoze McTribouy, Selena Williams and Bella McFadden in-game at the local thrift store and boba hangout, ThrifTea, and earn Simoleons by selling outfits they curate and hype on the new in-game Trendi app and become a “Simfluencer” in the process.

Take pictures of your Sims’ new outfits at the mural from artist Monica Ahanonu, displayed on the side of ThrifTea, drawing inspiration from The Sims x Depop collaboration.

Star Quarterbacks, Prom Queens and Valedictorians

It wouldn’t be a true high school adventure without prom and graduation.

Perhaps the most nerve-wracking yet exciting night of a teen Sims’ high school years is prom. You’ll be able to customize every aspect of your Sim’s prom, beginning with prom preparation and the event itself. Sims can go solo, ask someone to the prom, go with friends, or skip out altogether. From there, players can dive into the details including creating and presenting a promposal sign, selecting outfits, having friends over to get ready, and voting for prom royalty. Players can also plan out their dance routines, music, snacks, and more. How a Sim prepares for and participates in prom will impact their relationships going forward!

And then, of course, the high school experience culminates with graduation, the ceremony bookending a Sim’s time at Copperdale High. It’s a chance to celebrate with friends and family, and welcome in the next stage of life. Sims can prepare before the main event by inviting guests, deciding their outfit, and acquiring gifts for friends and teachers. All the decisions your Sim has made throughout their high school journey will impact how their graduation plays out. Sims can choose whether or not they attend, but they won’t be invited to graduate if their grades don’t meet the mark!

No matter how you choose to live out your High School Years in The Sims 4, there are no wrong answers. Unless it’s a test you forgot to study for.

oin us for a deep dive of High School Years and learn more about the new base game updates coming to The Sims 4 on Friday, July 15, 2022 at 11am PDT on Twitch and YouTube.

https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/news/high-school-years-guided-tour

I'm a little nervous ngl this the prom event sounds too much like my wedding stories gameplay *Tense Emotion*...ok.
  • Options
    Can't wait for the livestream to get some more things answered. Wondering what this new chat feature is.
    High-School-5.jpg
  • Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    AalyahReed wrote: »

they already gave you the tools with Get Together :wink: just use the club system to form your book worm or gamer clubs. it is actually good teen sims can finally form a cheersquad or play some ball!

Sorry, no TTRPGs yet. Gaming is not just on Computers (Sims team, please take note. I know several of you play D&D). So I am hoping they have some clubs that are based on actual Social Interests and not just activities (Void Critters Club?)

But I am looking forward to being able to have some proper Jocks for my Bro teens. And the Build assets are beautiful. Certainly looking forward to that.
  • Options
    There are so many things that I can't wait to explore. Teens being able to shave—priceless. Wondering if we'll see some small pieces of toilet paper on a Sim's face if they nicked themselves while shaving.

High-School-6.jpg

High-School-7.jpg

• Options
    JestTruJestTru Posts: 1,761 Member
    I see acne. Hope it is a phase like in sims 2 not just facial detail.
    WbUrFQm.png
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    I see my Sim nervously staying up all night making their promposal board so that they can go up to that special person and nervously ask them to the prom. Nice touch having them get down on one knee as if they are really proposing.

Some other things I liked from the trailer:
    1. I like how Sims will now be able to move clothes on a shopping rack while browsing.
    2. Sneaking out of the house.
    3. Inviting friends over and having fun things to do like pillow fights.
    4. All the new teen hangout spots.
    5. The new sitting position on the bed or ground.

Plus, I can't wait to find out if there are any new lot types, traits or aspirations.
  • Options
    deletedpoolladderdeletedpoolladder Posts: 1 New Member
    this is the most excited I've been for a pack in a while!! I really do hope it lives up to our expectations and what we've seen so far!!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top