Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Upcoming EP: High School

Comments

• Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    Where's the orchestras though?

"She's cheer captain and I'm on the bleachers..."

There's more to high school than football and cheerleading 😡😡😡

I think bands will get it's own pack! Or another pack. There's a lot In here and they probably couldn't fit it and go in depth with it.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,759 Member
    my question is what does a theme park/fair have to do with high school? I think something theme-park inspired should be in it's own EP since you could do much more with it in it's own EP
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    Now I’m thinking about cross pack compatibility. I really hope that they incorporated parenthood into this. I still want to get extra credit for class projects and receive them in my inventory. I want to be able to punish my teens for sneaking out. Also hope that if I have seasons and have a holiday with no school the game recognizes that.

*** Sorry for the multiple post.

Yeah that's always the bummer with TS4, most of the time they don't tweak features acording to previous packs.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Options
    PhilSimsPhilSims Posts: 190 Member
    MadameLee wrote: »
    my question is what does a theme park/fair have to do with high school? I think something theme-park inspired should be in it's own EP since you could do much more with it in it's own EP

High School Years is not just about school, rather the whole life experience:
    KEY FEATURES
    EXPERIENCE HIGH SCHOOL
    Experience all the ups and downs of high school. Attend classes in person, get to know your teachers, hang out in the cafeteria, and even decorate your locker! Your most treasured moments might happen while loitering around with your friends after school.

If a fair is around you can bet it's a teen hangout!
  • Options
    VeeDubVeeDub Posts: 1,862 Member
    My thoughts? I'm not spending a lot of time in thought on this one. I didn't enjoy my own real-life high school years; the whole experience was pretty much just another set of chores to get through until I'd be allowed to live my actual life on my own terms. I have no wish to do chores of any kind in games if I don't enjoy them in the real world (especially not multiplied by as many sims as I play), so I'm not at all excited about this EP. :tongue: I'll wait and see what the world and other features are like before actually deciding on whether or not I'll get the pack at some point, but right now my thought is this: I can absolutely wait until a good sale.
    FYI: Just because you can see my signature, don't assume that I can see yours.
    Because I can't; I keep all sigs turned off. ;)
  • Options
    PhilSims wrote: »

High School Years is not just about school, rather the whole life experience:
    KEY FEATURES
    EXPERIENCE HIGH SCHOOL
    Experience all the ups and downs of high school. Attend classes in person, get to know your teachers, hang out in the cafeteria, and even decorate your locker! Your most treasured moments might happen while loitering around with your friends after school.

If a fair is around you can bet it's a teen hangout!

Still thing that a theme park should be it's own EP. It could be more extensive? in it's own EP
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    Where's the orchestras though?

"She's cheer captain and I'm on the bleachers..."

There's more to high school than football and cheerleading 😡😡😡

I think bands will get it's own pack! Or another pack. There's a lot In here and they probably couldn't fit it and go in depth with it.

I hope by "bands" they don't just do a boring rock band pack again. That was more suited for City Living/Get Famous.

It's just, music was my life in high school (if my username didn't make it obvious), and this is the second education pack where music is completely ignored (even though DU has a marching band sounding theme song, but nope, no marching band for the friggin' university!)/
  • Options
    domina89domina89 Posts: 221 Member
    edited June 2022
    So I am hoping that when my teen sims go to school, the lot doesn't just generate random townies as classmates. I know there will be some of that, of course, but I also want to see my sims' friends and the other teens I play with show up sometimes as well. I'm very curious to see how that is going to work before I commit to buying.
  • Options
    domina89domina89 Posts: 221 Member
    edited June 2022
    I haven't seen anyone comment on the creepy cabin by the lake in a blink-and-you-miss-it part of the trailer. Very much reminds me of some kind of teen horror movie set. Looks interesting. I wonder what might go on there?
  • Options
    BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    Shocking good surprise ! Instant buy !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1WXdXjROSbk

Okay, I definitely will have to watch a few let's plays of this, it is as I feared a 110% American Experience (tm) thing.
    I experienced literally nothing at all like that in grades 10-12. We don't have proms, we don't have that type of graduation ceremonies (we just get drunk), we don't have school sports, we don't have...

Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • Options
    SnaveXsSnaveXs Posts: 4,322 Member
    I hope there's some cross compatibility with the education career from University. I would like for some teachers to be generated from that career track.

I hope sims can kick a field goal on the football field, run track and sit on the bleacher's. I hope most of the world isn't unusable objects.

• Options
    VeeDubVeeDub Posts: 1,862 Member
    Renée09 wrote: »
    VeeDub wrote: »
    My thoughts? I'm not spending a lot of time in thought on this one. I didn't enjoy my own real-life high school years; the whole experience was pretty much just another set of chores to get through until I'd be allowed to live my actual life on my own terms. I have no wish to do chores of any kind in games if I don't enjoy them in the real world (especially not multiplied by as many sims as I play), so I'm not at all excited about this EP. :tongue: I'll wait and see what the world and other features are like before actually deciding on whether or not I'll get the pack at some point, but right now my thought is this: I can absolutely wait until a good sale.

Not enjoying my school time either.... Guess that's why I'm so excited for the pack so I can escape the horrors of the real thing lmao 🤣
    Summer's coming up so it may be in summer sales... 😁

Haha, I can understand that. :lol: And I didn't meant to suggest that high school was completely devoid of fun for me. It definitely had its moments. But in any event, I hope you enjoy what you can of your own time and experiences in school. I hope you enjoy the EP, too! :)
    FYI: Just because you can see my signature, don't assume that I can see yours.
    Because I can't; I keep all sigs turned off. ;)
  • Options
    InuMiroLoverInuMiroLover Posts: 1,184 Member
    Thumbs up from me! I probably wont be buying right away since Werewolves have my attention right now and I wanna wait until it's out on Amazon since I got free giftcards saved up. But I like alot of what Im seeing and am ready to make alot of school drama!
  • Options
    SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    So in the trailer the principals child is shown, then is shown sneaking out of the house to go to prom. Does this mean new career to become a principal…but there’s already a teacher career in Discover University
  • Options
    QuaayQuaay Posts: 557 Member
    edited June 2022
    So in the trailer the principals child is shown, then is shown sneaking out of the house to go to prom. Does this mean new career to become a principal…but there’s already a teacher career in Discover University

I don't think there is a principal career. It looks like an NPC like the Mayor in Cottage Living. The woman in the brown uniform in the trailer I believe is Molly's mom, the principal. Also shown at graduation handing out the diploma.

• Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,397 Member
    I'm really excited about this one. It's adding a lot of things I've been asking for.

Photobooths
    Ferris Wheels
    Haunted House
    Tunnel of Love
    Proms
    Pillow Fighting
    A New Amusement Park Lot Type (?)
  • Options
    verlainemverlainem Posts: 837 Member
    consider what one guru said about what shows he watched for ideas I am very surprised no mention of bands. I mean what teenager with a rebal streak hasn't been in a band?
    EA ID burnished_dragon
  • Options
    Cynel1Cynel1 Posts: 1,389 Member
    so hows this for a story pitch a straight A student becomes a cheerleader due to the insistence of her parents getting some exercise
  • Options
    ThetfordThetford Posts: 429 Member
    Quaay wrote: »

I don't think there is a principal career. It looks like an NPC like the Mayor in Cottage Living. The woman in the brown uniform in the trailer I believe is Molly's mom, the principal. Also shown at graduation handing out the diploma.

As an aside, I really hate the way they did the Education career in the Sims 4. You are going along your career as an elementary or high school teacher (never specified) until you make it to department head, then suddenly you are either managing a university, or teaching at one. These are three VERY different careers. People tend to get specific education degrees to teach at a school, while university professors get hired by universities primarily to conduct research in their field of study, with teaching as a secondary thing, after (or while) doing a doctorate. Really, it should have been two separate careers, Education which eventually leads into Administration (Principal, Superintendent, Commissioner, etc), and Academic, starting out as a researcher, eventually leading to professor.

It should be noted however, that the Sims 4 Education career doesn't have the rank of Principal, so it won't conflict in that way, at least.
  • Options
    LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    Will we only have the one window we can climb out of? That wouldn't be so great... Almost all of the windows open.

Also, does the trellis also mean we'll finally get another ladder? I'm not asking for hundreds of ladders, but it would be nice to have more than two.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Options
    Behappy1stBehappy1st Posts: 711 Member
    In one scene It looked like a stage with guitars on it. Why put that in? Could there be something their not telling us. Let's hope.
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Going to theme parks was my high school years constantly to Six Flags with friends, sure it's not everyone but to me that is the high school experience. But I would have rather had theme parks get their own expansion and game play not be rabbit hole afterthought.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    ChadSims2 wrote: »
    Going to theme parks was my high school years constantly to Six Flags with friends, sure it's not everyone but to me that is the high school experience. But I would have rather had theme parks get their own expansion and game play not be rabbit hole afterthought.

Yeah a theme park in my opinion should be in its own EP (more extensive that way) and that way you could have like anything from a "travelling fair" kind to something similar to Disney parks? with something like child-friendly one like the one I went too growing up

It would have been nice if there could have been other punishments besides just detention for students. But not sure how one could show in a trailer, suspension/being expelled from school.

6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    SiggDiggitSiggDiggit Posts: 145 Member
    honestly, highschool sucked for me so im super excited to give my teens the perfect experience, plus i adore having gameplay thats age exclusive!
    2f8164094dfe843e371b34f5333b4dff1d96e006.jpg