Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Upcoming EP: High School

Comments

• Options
    AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    On the plus side, it looks like we may have fully editable and hopefully placable lots for schools in all worlds. Activities look fun too.

The amusement Park stuff looks really awesome, though I'm slightly worried it's going to be too tied to the world.

I'm worried that the blog post says that the content creators made only seven lots for this world! I'm hoping there are more lots they didn't do because yikes that would be a tiny world for an expansion pack.

I too am hoping we have fully placeable schools but with the track out back I think it may be tied to the world. Also I think we may only be able to change certain things of the school like color, walls and flooring.

Same for the pier; I think the pier itself is tied but I’m hoping the items are not since they are rabbit hole pieces.
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• Options
    LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    edited June 2022
    Olalla1986 wrote: »
    Really loving what I saw so far! :grin:

Prom, graduation, science fair, cheerleading (and football?), pranks, sneaking out after curfew, an amusement park, etc. All sounds great to me! 🤗👍

Will have to see how they handle the high school academic part, though. Like, how long is high school, how classes work, and if there is a rabbit hole option, etc.

I don’t want to be that guy, but sneaking out was most likely just for show. Sims houses are not meant to be exit any other way than through a door. Sims can’t even open the window, lol. Of course I would be more than happy if it wasn’t. 😁
    Of course, a lot of events are going to be trailer magic, lol!

However, regarding the window exit part, the blog post mentioned there is a specific type of window that sims will be sneaking out from and a trellis to climb down, it sounded like.

Edited: Just noticed several other simmers mentioned this, so I wasn’t mistaken about the trellis, hehe! 😁
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • Options
    Evilyn_1007Evilyn_1007 Posts: 762 Member
    I'm pretty anti-rabbitholes unless it's to go off lot(then I love them). But I'm okay with the amusement rides being rabbitholes if we actually see our sims go into them.
  • Options
    KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,383 Member
    I have a lot of teens in my saves at the moment. Good timing for this EP. I can't wait. :)
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,720 Member
    I'm pretty anti-rabbitholes unless it's to go off lot(then I love them). But I'm okay with the amusement rides being rabbitholes if we actually see our sims go into them.

I'm pretty anti-rabbitholes too, unless they are being used to send sims away while you are playing someone else. So I'm not sure how I feel about amusement rides being rabbit holes, if I can play other sims while visiting them then I guess it's okay but we are playing teenagers and unless we place them all in the same household then I don't really see that happening.
  • Options
    GracieO312GracieO312 Posts: 1,292 Member
    I liked a lot of things but there are a number of things I am concerned about:
    1. Can we build our own school? i.e. demolish and start again from the ground up because I am not feeling that school building! Ew!
    2. I don't see any active science classes! As a science graduate I was hoping for an open chem lab and/or biology lab but yay for science fairs, I guess...
    3. Will teens have a choice between going to rabbithole Buckingham High or active Copperdale High? How will this work exactly?
    4. No mention of boarding schools
    5. I'm sad about the lack of cheerleading pyramids but that is a minor thing... I just think it would have had a funny fail animation that's all!
    6. Are there any more clubs to join other than football, cheer, chess and computer? What about art, drama etc?
  • Options
    lexibeelexibee Posts: 163 Member
    I'm actually very excited!! Haven't been this excited to play in a while, it'll actually get me to come back.

Looks like the schools are going to be customizable lots? Which will be interesting to see how classes play out if they're not rabbit holes like University.

Excited about the sneaking out mechanic. Hoping it ties in well with Parenthood and the curfew system/responsibility.

Looks like the fair is on a pier that's just a part of the town, not a lot/lot type. However for people who are sad about that, I'd be surprised if the rides weren't at LEAST available in debug. I use items from debug all the time that still function like regular interactable objects do, so I'm sure you can make your own fair grounds that way if they're not just regularly available items from BB.

The only thing I'm really apprehensive about is the town size. It's a full EP, so no 5 lot size town, but I still need a decent amount of lots to fit multiple families (I rotate between at least 4 families with teens who are friends with each other) plus restaurants/cafe/bar and maybe a movie theater (I make them out of bar lots, it works quite well for anyone interested in trying it). If there's enough room for my main families plus a few public lots I think this will quickly become my new main world to use.

I'm also a little hesitant about how the whole graduation system will work if you have aging off. If my sims aren't aging, will they be forced to graduate or will they just have to ignore graduation?

I'm interested in the after school clubs but I am disappointed by the number of them. I know we technically have Drama Club in I think Get Famous? But it's just a rabbit hole. Would've been nice to see more arts focused after school activities like drama, band, art club. Seems to be mostly sports and science...

Will be keeping an eye out for the livestream. They can be very good at marketing then you actually see the pack and it's way more limiting than advertised. But from what I can see, it's going to be a very fleshed out pack, worthy of an EP title.
  • Options
    Does anyone know if Polaroids or the photo booth having pictures is confirmed? I thought it was weird that none of the teen rooms have pictures with their friends. All the Polaroids I see seem to be tied to an object (door or board).
  • Options
    logion wrote: »

I'm pretty anti-rabbitholes too, unless they are being used to send sims away while you are playing someone else. So I'm not sure how I feel about amusement rides being rabbit holes, if I can play other sims while visiting them then I guess it's okay but we are playing teenagers and unless we place them all in the same household then I don't really see that happening.

That’s how I usually like my rabbit holes too. Which is why I’m hoping that the afterschool activities also function the same as existing afterschool activities. And not only like the clubs in University, where you had to physically go to events.
  • Options
    BlueR0seBlueR0se Posts: 1,595 Member
    edited June 2022
    Neutral. A lot of it looks good but also looks awfully ambitious that I'm worried if it's functional or not. Guess we'll see.

Edit: Disappointed no bands/theater or anything like that. Cheerleading & football is nice tho.
  • Options
    dogzdinnerdogzdinner Posts: 422 Member
    I dont know that Im massively excited about the theme TBH. I like family gameplay sometimes but its not a big thing for me, also it looks very US centric which wasnt my experience of High School!
    Im always interested in more gameplay options in general though, love me some new Build and Buy (esp if its everyday household furniture and clutter) and I wont say no to a brand new shiny world!
  • Options
    PlumbeebPlumbeeb Posts: 619 Member
    Initially, my hopes were not all that high, mostly because I'm not that keen on the idea of another education focused pack. After seeing the trailer though, I'm definitely warming to the idea more. Anyway, some things that stood out for me:
    • I'm liking that we can customise the school and prom. I suppose we'll see how in depth we can go with that in the livestream.
    • The extracurricular activities are a nice touch, and I'm especially interested in the cheerleading one.
    • Love, love, love that Sims can trim/groom body hair.
    • I'm really excited about the pier and the amusements. I think the haunted house and tunnel of love are probably rabbit holes, but I really hope the ferris wheel isn't.

There does seem to be an emphasis on "choices matter" with this pack, which sounds amazing, but I'm wondering just how much impact it's actually going to have, because if Parenthood is anything to go by, then that feature will likely be disappointing. It wouldn't be right if you had a Sim that's a terrible student, but university places and job opportunities aren't affected by it. I guess we'll see.
    Sims 4 Wish List:
    • > Option to toggle on/off random townie generation.
    • > Turn vacation worlds into residential worlds.
    • > Option to purchase separate worlds or a world pack.
    • > Sleepwear kit.
    • > Atomic age kit.
  • Options
    DuskregnDuskregn Posts: 40 Member
    It seems very US-centric and not customisable to something i'm even slightly more familiar with, so i'll pass. Also not a fan of the pre-order only bonuses. Sucks if they lock boba tea behind this pack too
  • Options
    GracieO312GracieO312 Posts: 1,292 Member
    The jester hat/crown during the prom scene... hmmm me thinks that might be a medieval hint!
  • Options
    SthenastiaSthenastia Posts: 651 Member
    I like that we will receive something unique. I hope that the world is not dead as Mt Komorebi and it will be possible to build different shools for other worlds, because trailer is very, very, very US style. I also afraid that there will be a huge contrast between the open high school and the rabbithole university.
  • Options
    ThetfordThetford Posts: 429 Member
    GracieO312 wrote: »
    The jester hat/crown during the prom scene... hmmm me thinks that might be a medieval hint!

I'm guessing since they want everything to be gender neutral, instead of Prom King and Prom Queen, we are getting Prom Monarch and Class Clown.
  • Options
    Olalla1986Olalla1986 Posts: 286 Member
    Apricus wrote: »
    Olalla1986 wrote: »
    Really loving what I saw so far! :grin:

Prom, graduation, science fair, cheerleading (and football?), pranks, sneaking out after curfew, an amusement park, etc. All sounds great to me! 🤗👍

Will have to see how they handle the high school academic part, though. Like, how long is high school, how classes work, and if there is a rabbit hole option, etc.

I don’t want to be that guy, but sneaking out was most likely just for show. Sims houses are not meant to be exit any other way than through a door. Sims can’t even open the window, lol. Of course I would be more than happy if it wasn’t. 😁

I liked pillow fighting thought and cheerleaders classes and I also want to see how the active classroom works. There is still possibility it’s like University and we will only walk through corridor.

I think there’s a certain item you have to put under the window to allow them to climb out.

Seems like it’s special E window with ladder under it. So basically you have to plan through which window your teen will sneak out when you build. Saw it on James Turner reaction video.
  • Options
    chickenowchickenow Posts: 458 Member
    My main thoughts?

-Finally something for teen Sims! I hope there is plenty of focus on fleshing out teens outside of high school. Unlikely but here's hoping.
    -Teen Sims still don't look like teens...but at least there is more clothing to make them look like teens!
    -Yes it's Americanised but honestly how else would it go? Euphoria, Riverdale, Mean Girls, Breakfast Club, Clueless. There is an absolute load of universally recognised high school culture that is rooted in American High school...heck I'm a Brit and even Sex Education is Americanised and that's based in the UK.
    -Fairgrounds are going to 100% be a rabbit hole and minimal animations boarding the rides.
    -Will high school be simular to Get to Work? If so I have concerns...can you imagine how irritating it will be to have a Doctor parent and a teen sim? How will it work if there are two teen Sims?
    -Despite I'm still dubious about trailers staging gameplay I'm very intrigued by this EP!
  • Options
    Now I’m thinking about cross pack compatibility. I really hope that they incorporated parenthood into this. I still want to get extra credit for class projects and receive them in my inventory. I want to be able to punish my teens for sneaking out. Also hope that if I have seasons and have a holiday with no school the game recognizes that.

*** Sorry for the multiple post.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Renée09 wrote: »
    What do you all think??

https://www.ea.com/en-gb/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/news/high-school-years-guided-tour

I have to say I'm pretty excited for it! 🤗 I'm new to Sims 4 and the sound of this fills me up with lots of excitement.

I'm guessing a romantic pack since that was on the same survey as high school years.
  • Options
    OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    I think that it serves a demand that a lot of players have wanted for a long time; that being a more distinct experience for the teen life stage. In that vein, it appears to do it quite well and I think it is going to make a lot of people very happy. I think it would be a healthy thing for The Sims series if such stage-specific features would be expanded for adults and elders as well.

This is a good step in the right direction.
  • Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    it looks great
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    ncisGibbs02ncisGibbs02 Posts: 2,019 Member
    The trailer is very good.

I like the look of a lot of the build items. 🏫

It’s a pity teens are the same size as adults. I was hoping for either a change or slider system.

I wonder how High School impacts University. Hopefully the things between school and university isn’t repetitive.

I will wait for more information.

Now alternating between Sims 2,3 and 4! 😊☕️🌞