Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Upcoming EP: High School

Comments

• Options
    ChildrenofhurinChildrenofhurin Posts: 138 Member
    12JEREMIA wrote: »
    Y'all! Do y'all believe what I just saw?

I’m not sure I do believe it, this could easily be a fake, it uses the same picture for the cover that Sims Community used for the article reporting on the leak (which was not an official render, I’m not sure where it originated from). Also the release date is a Wednesday rather than a Friday (not impossible of course but suggestive that it might not be real).

I wasn’t 100% convinced about the original leak (something about it didn’t feel right), and while I’m happy to be proven wrong this new tweet has me feeling more skeptical than before.
  • Options
    rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    Not that excited for yet another school related pack to be honest.

I was expecting something broader like a Generations EP with more stuff for every life stage and the addition of updated babies etc.
    I just don't like the boring task driven linear packs in this game.

It wouldn't surprise me that this will be yet another task driven checkbox adventure, a one and done deal if you will.

The problem with this game is (imo) that stuff they release are so niche and specific all the time that it's only enjoyable for once and after you don't really bother with it again.

I think a pack such as Generations will add much more to the overall game without having to actively look for it. (Just like Seasons adds weather to your everyday gameplay without having to do anything with it in order to enjoy it).

We will see, I guess..
  • Options
    bandit5bandit5 Posts: 919 Member
    The 27th of July is a Wednesday so can 't be that date. Maybe the 28th
  • Options
    teddybells21teddybells21 Posts: 2 New Member
    > @12JEREMIA said:
    > Y'all! Do y'all believe what I just saw?
    > https://twitter.com/PlumbobKingdom/status/1536562129821655040

that's an edit. the background is the city hall building from the sims 3 world sunset valley.
  • Options
    DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,877 Member
    I agree but if you look at the comments on Twitter, many other people said they saw it on the Instant-Gaming website. They may have used that image as a placeholder.

I was super skeptical at first but the fact EA or the gurus haven’t said anything about it/debunked it tells me it may actually be true and they just don’t wanna interfere with the Werewolves release.

I’m not sure I do believe it, this could easily be a fake, it uses the same picture for the cover that Sims Community used for the article reporting on the leak (which was not an official render, I’m not sure where it originated from). Also the release date is a Wednesday rather than a Friday (not impossible of course but suggestive that it might not be real).

I wasn’t 100% convinced about the original leak (something about it didn’t feel right), and while I’m happy to be proven wrong this new tweet has me feeling more skeptical than before.

• Options
    ChildrenofhurinChildrenofhurin Posts: 138 Member
    edited June 2022
    Dianesims wrote: »
    I agree but if you look at the comments on Twitter, many other people said they saw it on the Instant-Gaming website. They may have used that image as a placeholder.

I was super skeptical at first but the fact EA or the gurus haven’t said anything about it/debunked it tells me it may actually be true and they just don’t wanna interfere with the Werewolves release.

That’s a good point, it might be legitimate.

However it’s still odd that they have a placeholder image instead of the cover, yet also apparently have the official pack icon? I remember the fake Country Living leak a couple of years ago, I don’t think the gurus commented on that one at all.

Unless it’s an official hint or something very convincing, I wouldn’t think of it as real until it is announced.
  • Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member

However it’s still odd that they have a placeholder image instead of the cover, yet also apparently have the official pack icon? I remember the fake Country Living leak a couple of years ago, I don’t think the gurus commented on that one at all.

Unless it’s an official hint or something very convincing, I wouldn’t think of it as real until it is announced.

At the time of the Country Living hoax, Cottage Living would have been in progress. If I remember correctly, the next pack we got was Eco Lifestyle.

So it's possible that while "High School is the next EP" is wrong, there is a school based pack in the works it's just not the next EP.

• Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member

😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱 it's just like the "stay up" werewolf leak and placeholder.
    Really big chance that this is actually real!!!
    I wouldn't even have to prepare my game for this. All of my teens are ready with school uniforms and cheer leading/gym uniforms.
    Fingers crossed that it's the build your own highschool type and not a secret lot.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,234 Member
    edited June 2022
    Instant Gaming is based on speculations.

For example The Sims 5 is announced in 2022, it's totally fake
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/982513/the-sims-5-release-for-2021/p1

Instant Gaming also sold The Sims 4 Premium Service in 2014...
  • Options
    12JEREMIA12JEREMIA Posts: 3,143 Member
    I hope they better give me my second favorite music back to the base game, and add geek rock or nerd rock radio station to this EP
  • Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    I hope they better give me my second favorite music back to the base game, and add geek rock or nerd rock radio station to this EP

While I'd love a Nerdcore radio station, the thing is with nerdcore is what makes it geeky are the lyrics, so if you don't know the original, you don't know why a particular song in simlish would be on a Nerd Rock station.

That and I'm sure some would not react well to certain Rush or Led Zepplin songs being considered "nerd rock" despite both of those bands having songs (and in Rush's case an entire album) that are inspired by Fantasy and Sci-Fi. (Not that EA would shell out for even covers of either of them in the sims anyway.)
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,529 Member

I wouldn't even have to prepare my game for this. All of my teens are ready with school uniforms and cheer leading/gym uniforms.
    Fingers crossed that it's the build your own highschool type and not a secret lot.

Uhm....
    That's The Sims 3 City Hall.

One thing I've noticed about social media lately are people who look for things people are excited for, but have no information.
    So they post things like they have a special source of information and then mine all the attention that it gets.

There very well may be a leak for this pack, but this feels like someone who wants to draw people in.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    JemmaTheSimmerJemmaTheSimmer Posts: 387 Member
    How would active school work for different worlds in the sims 4? I would expect each world to have a different high school, or would they just do one school lot? If there isn't a different school for each world I'd be annoyed. If we could build our own it would be fine but some worlds have limited lot spaces so I'm not sure how that would work either.

Also, would you be able to follow multiple sims at the same time? With other active careers it seems that if you have other sims in the same career you never see them at work. I'd want siblings to go together to school and see their friends from other households too.

Idk, if it's active school I really can't see how it would work very well. I can imagine one school lot like GTW and all sims from Mount Komorebi to Oasis Springs all go to the same place and you can't see friends there. I'd love to be proved wrong but I'm not optimistic.

I'm not even convinced you can get an entire expansion out of this. I'd rather it be a teen game pack without active school but including more activities and teen gameplay.
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,429 Member
    For once I feel absolutely no need for a new EP to look forward too. If this leaked release date turns out to be true, then I think it is too close to werewolves. I could understand last year when cottage living came so close after Dream home Decorator because DHD is only stuff and practically no gameplay. But with werewolves we seem to be getting a occult with the same depth as vampires. I don't have any plans to shove werewolves to the side and forget about them within a month.

As for the high school theme, I definitely won't get hyped over it. I really enjoy university and don't feel the need for another education oriented pack.
  • Options
    BoyolloBoyollo Posts: 18 Member
    Feels kinda unnecessary, as many others commented, like, active careers are, in my opinion, already kinda boring after a while, extending it to other life stages seems like a pain. I would much rather have them expand upon concepts such as story progression and making the world feel more alive, than a very limited feature (Due to the number of sims in a lot, I'm skeptic towards the immersion, like, a small school tends to have 100ish students, how would that work in The Sims?) that's probably going to lose its charm pretty soon. Or I'm wrong and they manage to deliver a very engaging package, who knows?
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    CK213 wrote: »

Uhm....
    That's The Sims 3 City Hall.

One thing I've noticed about social media lately are people who look for things people are excited for, but have no information.
    So they post things like they have a special source of information and then mine all the attention that it gets.

There very well may be a leak for this pack, but this feels like someone who wants to draw people in.

It could just be a placeholder photo. They do that sometimes until they get the real thing.
    It could also still be fake of course but we shall see in due time!!
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,585 Member
    I'm not into werewolves, but I certainly get excited for High School. Right now, the only kids in my game are Toddlers. Perhaps, I'll get the time to have them grow to Teen in time for this EP, should it be a true thing. :)
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    YunaYuna Posts: 231 Member
    edited June 2022
    When I saw the Werewolves trailer and that -lean against wall- animation, I instantly thought about school folks leaning against their locker. It would work well in their High School Trailer too.
  • Options
    Chaotic_MoiraChaotic_Moira Posts: 482 Member
    edited June 2022
    DaWaterRat wrote: »

At the time of the Country Living hoax, Cottage Living would have been in progress. If I remember correctly, the next pack we got was Eco Lifestyle.

So it's possible that while "High School is the next EP" is wrong, there is a school based pack in the works it's just not the next EP.

Another thing is that names are often placeholders. So while it may say "high school", that does not mean it should be taken too literally. I have a hard time imagining a pack being specifically about going to school. I know a lot of people here are wanting that. But I see it as fairly limited game play in the long run, once you have seen all there is to see "in class," then what? So I don't think they would do that.

I think if this is real, it will likely be more about teen life in general, and high school is a part of that, so it will include some elements, like after school activities, sports, clubs, maybe ditching class, maybe a reputation at school, dances, maybe bands..

Features I'd like brought back from the dead.
    | Picture in Picture mode | Custom Paintings | Preset scenarios for resident sims | Placing my own lots |
    | Saving my own Buy Mode collections! | Saving an outfit in CAS | CaSt. Smaller is ok | Open World |
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member

Since they have listed it for pre-order then I guess the pack is real and really coming?
  • Options
    PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    Boy they really want to take away the hype from Werewolves don't they? 🙁
  • Options
    GracieO312GracieO312 Posts: 1,292 Member

I’m hyped for both. Teen Wolf!
  • Options
    akuheikomatsuakuheikomatsu Posts: 79 Member

I don’t see it as trying to take away the hype from Werewolves. I think it’s nice that both occult and non-occult players have things to be excited about. I also don’t think this was an intentional leak, but that’s just my opinion.

• Options
    Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    crocobaura wrote: »
    Since they have listed it for pre-order then I guess the pack is real and really coming?

The image they posted shows "Not Yet Available for Pre-Order" (at the top under the price). I checked it for USA and shows the same thing.