Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

SimGurus Are Hinting Something. 🤔

Comments

• Options
    cynciecyncie Posts: 4,689 Member
    @LatinaBunny What I and others had in mind as far as scary was, let's face it, unrealistic. The more time that passes and let that image roll around in my head I'm really excited. After that initial shock, I have to say i think they did a fantastic job with the limitations they"re forced to work with

Yeah, when I saw some artwork of some occult fans putting up of what they hoped for, I was thinking about how that would fit in Sims 4’s limited framework and cutesy/goofy artstyle, so maybe this is what we should have expected, lol. 😅

But I’m kind of glad it’s a bit goofy, since Sims 4 (and some of Sims series) was always a bit goofy to me.

Here’s to hoping there will be some customization for those who want scarier or more beastly looks. Maybe the snout, different ear types, maybe different facial features/facial shapes, variety of fur colors and patterns or variety of textures, etc. :smile:

I am curious to find out if there is a regular full-fledged wolf form, though. Perhaps that would be asking for too much, since that would be 3 forms, and not just 2….?

We can hope. A full wolf form was kind of what I had in mind as like the highest level werewolf. They could chose to continue to look like werewolf or they could opt for full blown wolf form. I can't wait to see what we get for customization. Ahooooo🐺

Possibly a full wolf travel mode, like vampires turning into bats?

• Options
    EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,945 Member
    RoseQuartz wrote: »
    Let's see. Even the dogs and cats have their names over their heads, and the furry bear in Granite Falls I think has its human name over its head, too. It'll probably be a hybrid thing where we can see who the werewolf is but the sims may or may not know.

Well, then we have aliens, vampires, mermaids, and spellcasters. It is possible to make them look so normal that at first glance you wouldn't suspect a thing.
    With mermaids and aliens, sims must discover that they are so first. Then mermaids begin to appear in the oceans/the relationship panel has marked that your sim knows they're an alien. With vampires and spellcasters, you'll immediately see their rank. Plus vampires love to do their special idle animation.
    The only thing we can do here is to wait and see...
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,427 Member
    PhilSims wrote: »

That's not a werewolf, that's a werefox. I'll be disappointed if it doesn't have a bushy tail.
  • Options
    DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,962 Member
    cyncie wrote: »
    @LatinaBunny What I and others had in mind as far as scary was, let's face it, unrealistic. The more time that passes and let that image roll around in my head I'm really excited. After that initial shock, I have to say i think they did a fantastic job with the limitations they"re forced to work with

Yeah, when I saw some artwork of some occult fans putting up of what they hoped for, I was thinking about how that would fit in Sims 4’s limited framework and cutesy/goofy artstyle, so maybe this is what we should have expected, lol. 😅

But I’m kind of glad it’s a bit goofy, since Sims 4 (and some of Sims series) was always a bit goofy to me.

Here’s to hoping there will be some customization for those who want scarier or more beastly looks. Maybe the snout, different ear types, maybe different facial features/facial shapes, variety of fur colors and patterns or variety of textures, etc. :smile:

I am curious to find out if there is a regular full-fledged wolf form, though. Perhaps that would be asking for too much, since that would be 3 forms, and not just 2….?

We can hope. A full wolf form was kind of what I had in mind as like the highest level werewolf. They could chose to continue to look like werewolf or they could opt for full blown wolf form. I can't wait to see what we get for customization. Ahooooo🐺

I like that idea. Even though that will mean watching them go through the transformation just to move one grid square over if you are unwise enough to turn on always travel as wolf. Of course that is a small price to pay to get werewolves.
  • Options
    VeeDubVeeDub Posts: 1,862 Member

I like that idea. Even though that will mean watching them go through the transformation just to move one grid square over if you are unwise enough to turn on always travel as wolf. Of course that is a small price to pay to get werewolves.

I like the idea, too. It might be more like the vampires' Mist Form, which is a fast transformation, but werewolves could have a visible, ghostly wolf shape for travel.
    FYI: Just because you can see my signature, don't assume that I can see yours.
    Because I can't; I keep all sigs turned off. ;)
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    VeeDub wrote: »

I like the idea, too. It might be more like the vampires' Mist Form, which is a fast transformation, but werewolves could have a visible, ghostly wolf shape for travel.

I am dying to know if they can drop down on all fours and move that way too. Or are they limited to bipedal,?
  • Options

I am dying to know if they can drop down on all fours and move that way too. Or are they limited to bipedal,?

I'm curious, too, but I really don't expect to be able to do that. I could definitely be wrong, though! :smiley:
  • Options
    GracieO312GracieO312 Posts: 1,293 Member

I am wondering about walk animations too - I always hated how they walked and ran in TS3!
  • Options

I'm curious, too, but I really don't expect to be able to do that. I could definitely be wrong, though! :smiley:
    GracieO312 wrote: »

I am wondering about walk animations too - I always hated how they walked and ran in TS3!

I so want them get down on all fours like proper wolves, even if it's like strength you have to pick out. Or a trait that unlocks full wolf mode.
  • Options
    LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member

That would be nice, too! :smile:
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • Options
    MeowchaFrappeMeowchaFrappe Posts: 840 Member
    edited June 2022

Unsure of exact whereabouts dizziness is worsening quickly now before I transform

Let it be known that Vampires suck they are just the worst

Vampire VS werewolves! Yessssss! I was so hoping they would add a little spicy something between them since that's the plan for my own sims. So EXCITED 🤭🤭🤭

This has me so so excited honestly!!!!!!!! I was hoping for some sort of conflict between different occult states!!!
  • Options
    tomasgomes749tomasgomes749 Posts: 9 New Member
    I'm quite happy with the werewolves announcement, but I feel like I was the only one who found the werewolf version as a cat? i wish we had a human werewolf like the sims 3 or a hybrid werewolf
  • Options

Unsure of exact whereabouts dizziness is worsening quickly now before I transform

Vampire VS werewolves! Yessssss! I was so hoping they would add a little spicy something between them since that's the plan for my own sims. So EXCITED 🤭🤭🤭

This has me so so excited honestly!!!!!!!! I was hoping for some sort of conflict between different occult states!!!

I'll be happy if we can have such conflicts (if and when we want them), but I'd be more than a little put off if we must have them. :grimace:
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    I'm quite happy with the werewolves announcement, but I feel like I was the only one who found the werewolf version as a cat? i wish we had a human werewolf like the sims 3 or a hybrid werewolf

It looked like a lynx when I saw the first pic, that's why i was hesitant for a minute. But the larger second pic showed me enough to know we're getting wolves, albeit a bit cartoony looking. I can live with that.🙂
  • Options
    cynciecyncie Posts: 4,689 Member

I'll be happy if we can have such conflicts (if and when we want them), but I'd be more than a little put off if we must have them. :grimace:

Ditto.
  • Options
    ZaszZasz Posts: 806 Member
    Werewolves, factories in the woods... Sounds familiar. Reminds me of Werewolf: The Apocalypse – Earthblood. Just missing polution of nature and some vengeance theme in sim style.
  • Options
    I'm definitely happy with the route they've chosen to go with Werewolf form (much better than just a hairy human) but I too am hoping there's a way to make them look more intimidating.

• Options
    ApricusApricus Posts: 672 Member
    edited June 2022
    The CAS a looks good
    ZjzmtTb.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2022

As someone who loves witches, vampires, and werewolves I don't want them constantly at each other throats. I don't mind rivalry and the odd fight. I'm with you, I don't want the fights amongst them to take over everything. That would be even more boring than no fights at all.
  • Options
    These are nice also.

2w5rGZ4.png

b6gMuGD.png

Oh my goodness! I am just noticing the paw print earrings!!! I love them so much!!!!

Does anyone else get slightly Native American-ish vibes from some of the clothes?
  • Options

As someone who loves witches, vampires, and werewolves I don't want them constantly at each other throats. I don't mind rivalry and the odd fight. I'm with you, I don't want the fights amongst them to take over everything. That would be even more boring than no fights at all.

Yes, exactly. I might want a save or two where I do want them at each others' throats, but if they all just have some kind of built-in animosity amongst themselves pretty much all the time in every save, things would become tedious and un-fun very quickly.
  • Options

Oh yeah, I don't want it to be a forced thing for sure, but I am hoping it means that it's an option. Sorry if that wasn't clear. I am just so excited for this pack, I can't communicate properly. :joy:
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,140 Member
    Wolfies!! :pB)<3
  • Options

No, I'm totally with you guys. I'm just so excited it's hard to communicate properly. Lol

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top