Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Kits : CAS vs Build/Buy

Hi,

What would you like ?

Kits : CAS vs Build/Buy 83 votes

Only CAS content
2%
LeGardePourpremunroele 2 votes
More CAS content
20%
Colorist40Stormkeepshellbemeloubylouloublueyblueskyannaliese39LatinaBunnyEnkiSchmidtQuaayDaniRose2143Evilyn_1007PlumbeebWerescytheNightlyCoffeeLT24Umbreon12Sallycutecat 17 votes
No change ( 1 CAS + 1 BB )
31%
Frn0731BlkBarbiegalshadyladynzSnuffyBucketsimgirl1010cchant86TeeSeaLeccacynciesillyangel0906AquaGamer1212SheriSim57j1z1joRN1414Behappy1stAtreya33SERVERFRASimmingalamber_ilumireDaWaterRat 26 votes
More BB content
42%
crocobauraauroraael14bshag4lvalexspoom13Mi9shaoscarTheSpotted_CSimburianelanorbretonMoon_Willowg01denswanSati101taydevpammiechickOnverserspend4zenKathykinsOldeseadoggemusteniRedShoe7mikamakimon 35 votes
Only BB content
3%
SimsilaSimriseTempest329naeshelle 3 votes

Comments

• Options
    StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    More CAS content
    I voted "more CAS" content, because I'm far more interested in more of that then in more BB stuff, but I do think the players who are primarily builders do deserve to get some BB kits semi-regularly too. Plus, you know...not an option to vote for, but I'd want more GamePlay focused kits too if I could make that wish.

But I always like getting more CAS things and TS4 is the first sims game where I actually like the EA/Maxis CAS more than most CC. So more is good!
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,450 Member
    edited April 2022
    Only CAS content
    Build/Buy content is more interesting with a whole theme in SP, GP and EP.

It makes no sense to sell a small sample of 25 items.
    For example Countyard Oasis Kit deserved a whole world.
  • Options
    EternalSunshineEternalSunshine Posts: 340 Member
    Neither. I do not like the concept of kits in general. But, that aside, as someone who rarely builds or uses CAS, I have very little interest in packs that offer no gameplay.
  • Options
    LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    edited April 2022
    More CAS content
    I buy all sorts of packs and Kits, for both B/B and CAS, but I am not a good builder, so my focus tends to be more on customizing the sims and their fashion styles, so if I had to choose one for kits, then it would be the CAS items.
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • Options
    spend4zenspend4zen Posts: 244 Member
    More BB content
    I voted BB because I am a builder decorator but I also use a lot CAS. I voted BB because they have not been adding much to it as they do to CAS. They are quick to add new fashion and hair but only make re color's and re textures of the same BB for the most part. Some things have totally fell off the wagon. I will say We do need more "Normal" clothes to though. Clothes that are not over the top and there are way to many silly hats and things.
  • Options
    edited April 2022
    Only CAS content
    I also think there are plenty of clothing styles that will be never covered by the themes of the bigger packs.

• Options
    Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Variety is the spice of life, so both, but I generally like more BB kits compared to CAS kits. Neither blaze super unique territory thus far, though, and I really want more gameplay kits.

I do have favorites in both, so it is possible for me to like either.
  • Options
    Umbreon12Umbreon12 Posts: 900 Member
    More CAS content
    I chose more CAS kits. I only have three kits, and they are all CAS items.
  • Options
    DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 9,223 Member
    More CAS content
    I voted for more CAS. It's close but I feel when I want to tend more towards vanilla, the BB selection is more fleshed out than CAS. If there's anything in BB I think needs serious attention is beds. Most are ugly and there's not enough selection in the higher end models, at least for my taste.

I may not be the best one to talk about vanilla CAS items, but that's my take.
  • Options
    DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 9,223 Member
    More CAS content
    Let me put it like this, when I stick to vanilla, I can redecorate a lot and feel more satisfied with the options and the end product then I do after creating a sim or giving one a makeover. Maybe I'm just easier too please as an interior designer than I am as a stylist.
  • Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    None of these CAS kits lately have appealed to me. Kits that include chairs and flower pots and stuff like that are boring to me. I want gameplay kits!
  • Options
    LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,598 Member
    Still waiting on a gameplay kit more than anything.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,199 Member
    Actually, I want more Packs.
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,532 Member
    I would like more gameplay kits or objects with new functionality, not just new looks. The balance between CAS and BB is alright as it is, but the third category is missing.

What I want most however is a return of stuff packs and a return to 2 EP per year, and one or two GP per year.
  • Options
    NightlyCoffeeNightlyCoffee Posts: 455 Member
    More CAS content
    For me, I would love to have more CAS kits.

I get so much value out of CAS kits because I dress up all of my NPCs, and I don't like putting CC hair and clothing on townies. I'm always happy with new clothes added to the game.

I don't enjoy building often, so BB kits aren't very appealing to me.
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 9,165 Member
    edited April 2022
    + same amount of gameplay kits

I mean if they want this kit thing to make any sense i think there should be same amount of all the kit types

...means bit of a catch up for gameplay ones though :sweat_smile:

also it entirely depends on theme of kit anyway

like was i interested in plant kit?
    not really.

would i be interested if it was plant clothing instead? maybe.

would i be interested in baby clothes?meh.

would i be interested in nursery build buy? maybe.

+ then theres the problematic themes that would be awesome in cas in build buy in gameplay and tbh would still make more sense in bigger pack but oh well
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,405 Member
    I can't choose. Only CAS content I really need is more everyday clothes, hairstyles & beards for male Sims. There is already so much BB content that I don't need anything, but I like new decorations and other items anyway.
    What I'd really want is more gameplay content, but it wasn't an option. My Sims use vacuum cleaners from Bust the Dust kit all the time and it's the only kit that I really love.
  • Options
    BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    some of both
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • Options
    ElliandreElliandre Posts: 2,468 Member
    I would like gameplay kits instead. Or new world/neighborhood kits. Kits that add more lots to a neighborhood. Kits that add features to the exiting neighborhoods like some hidden lots or quests. Social interaction kits with some new chat options for Sims. Kits that are more interactive and fun for gameplay. Kitchen appliance kits like a toaster oven kit with toast and toast spread recipes, pizza oven with more pizzas, tabletop cupcake baker, candy or chocolate kits and interactive toy and game kits for kids/toddlers.
  • Options
    StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    More CAS content
    Sign me up for Kits that just add an additional world. Though, honestly, it'd be cooler if they added more themed BB to go along with a new world, so that the new world is more unique. At which point it enters Stuff Pack territory, in terms of price, I imagine.
    But still, sign me up for new worlds too!
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • Options
    edited April 2022
    Only CAS content
    The other weakness of the BB kit is the lack of uniformity between the rooms.
    They are designed for a specific room or objects but if you want to extend a theme to the whole house, the other objects don't match.

TS3 Store had this problem, the rooms were split into several sets and regrouped into bundles.
    Post edited by LeGardePourpre on
  • Options
    JALJAL Posts: 1,111 Member
    I answered both, because it's most fair in my world. I would love it though if they would work in tandem more and have a joint theme sometimes (We got Indian clothes - so why not Indian BB too, or Moroccan clothes to match the Moroccan decor in Oasis kit?).

Most of all though, I want more packs and less kits. They're cute every now and again, but I prefer larger batches, preferably with both bb and cas in the same pack. And gameplay. In general, just more gameplay.
    Moreover, I advise that the cart button must be destroyed!
  • Options
    PeralPeral Posts: 873 Member
    It would totally depend on the content of the KIT pack. Would they offer the possibility to build a logg cabin I would probably buy it, if they offered men's clothing in a pack I would buy that. So far I only bought the flower decoration pack.
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,417 Member
    edited April 2022
    More BB content
    I'm more interested in build/buy. Not saying that Incheon Arrivals doesn't tempt me because it does, but as general I'm not much into CAS kits. Still like to have them both.

Edit: Gameplay kits are also my number one pick.
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 7,023 Member
    edited April 2022
    I don’t use mods or CC, so I like them both!
    But, I miss the stuff packs the most. I loved getting hair, clothes, build and a game play item at once! Please bring stuff packs back…. I’d also like to have some eorld packs…..,
    Post edited by SheriSim57 on