Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

MWS Update 3/31 Error Code 0 Fix 4/1

Comments

• Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member
    Strangely the two biggest bugs (officiant, cutting cake) are not on the list.
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,964 Member
    edited March 2022
    I wish the dance improvements include making it so sims actually dance on the new dance floor instead of next to it

and without dance floor don't run to the great outdoors to dance and complain routing fail if no outdoors access

cause regardless of how much space i have inside the house they just refuse to dance there and run outside everytime :triumph:

ofc dancing outside is better than no dancing at all but my vampires would like to live until the end of dance
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    amber_ilumireamber_ilumire Posts: 1,714 Member
    I’m confused. Is this not the same Laundry list that was published at the start of the month? Or have the sims team posted something new about it today?
  • Options
    mrs_starkeymrs_starkey Posts: 170 Member
    Simmingal wrote: »
    I wish the dance improvements include making it so sims actually dance on the new dance floor instead of next to it

and without dance floor don't run to the great outdoors to dance and complain routing fail if no outdoors access

cause regardless of how much space i have inside the house they just refuse to dance there and run outside everytime :triumph:

ofc dancing outside is better than no dancing at all but my vampires would like to live until the end of dance

I had the same issue. I wanted 5 couples to slow dance in the area of the dance floor, and two couples kept going outside to dance there, while the others were dancing inside.

I sent the two couples back to the dancefloor and build a little fence, so that they could't escape. And then they were all able to dance inside with no problems.

Sometimes it's very odd what the Sims decide...it's kinda the same with washing the dishes in the bathroom on the other side of the house while there is a perfectly good and accessable sink in the kitchen next to the table...
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,883 Member
    Patch Notes posted here to facilitate discussion.

Update 3/31/2022
    PC: 1.86.157.1030 / Mac: 1.86.157.1230
    Console: Version 1.56.20

Sul Sul, Simmers –

Since the release of the My Wedding Stories Game Pack, our team has been working on a patch update to address the issues you have raised. We are grateful for the feedback and have worked to get these improvements to you as soon as possible.

Our focus has been improving the gameplay surrounding wedding ceremonies. Some of the behavioral systems we’re working through in this pack are quite complex across platforms, and we know that your Sims don’t always behave the way you expect them to. This is part of what makes The Sims special, but we understand it can also be frustrating.

We are aware of the Error 0 Save Bug, are actively investigating and we will provide an update in the coming weeks. Please continue to report issues you might be experiencing via AnswersHQ.

Simmers deserve the best and it’s our goal to provide you with experiences you love from the moment you start the game. We continue to evaluate and improve on the best way we can deliver those experiences to the quality you expect.

We value your passion for this game and want to thank you for your continued support.

Stay safe and healthy,

The Sims Team

What’s New?

Nothing new in this update, just fixes.

Bug Fixes

My Wedding Stories
    We fixed some issues with Ceremony Activities not working properly during Vow Renewal, Reception & Wedding Ceremony parties.
    Sims will be able to go up and down short, medium and long aisles now during the Gather at Aisle interaction.
    Partners will show up for wedding events now.
    Center park - Myshuno Meadows is listed among the venues in the wedding event planner now besides other additional venues.
    Sims will no longer set their bouquet aside before walking down the aisle.
    Ring Bearers and Flower Pals will no longer refuse to walk down the aisle after running any interaction from the "Ceremony activities."
    We adjusted our recipe for wedding cakes so they should last much longer. And we made them Vegetarian-safe! :)
    Everyone will be excited for Cake and Dessert at Wedding Ceremonies now.
    Wedding Guests and Officiants will "Gather at the aisle" properly now.
    The "Cut Cake with <Sim>" interaction is no longer available on cakes that were already cut.
    Officiants will not just stand there any longer, but will actually do their officiant job.
    Sims who bend to their spouse when performing a "Spousal kiss" will no longer rub their ear into the other Sims face, but will use their lips to kiss their spouse instead.
    Some curtains have been updated to cast a slightly less dramatic shadow when placed indoors.
    Sims will react more appropriately when running romantic socials while Slow Dancing going forward.
    We added some clarity to the tooltip of Wedding Cakes by including further details about eligible spots for wedding cakes to be placed in.
    Sims will receive the "Not selected as a sim of honor" or “Wasn't invited to wedding" sentiments only when appropriate moving forward.
    "Let's Get Drinks" is no longer available for Child and Teen Sims on Bars during Rehearsal Dinner, Family Gathering, or Engagement Dinner parties.
    Engaged couples will no longer be able to perform Wedding related actions on Wedding Cakes they do not own.
    Sims will cut their wedding cakes even if it has a cake topper; Sims will simply remove the topper from the cake and place it in their inventory before cutting the cake with their couple Sim.
    We also fixed an issue with Cake Toppers floating above Cakes after Sims "Take a Piece."
    When selecting guests in the Wedding Event Planner it will show all the sims that are related to both individuals of the couple now. So guests should no longer get uninvited after editing the guest list with a Sim who was not the original host for the event - both couple Sims will be considered the host now.
    Guests attire Dress Code and Color will no longer reset after editing a Wedding event.
    Simmers will be able to choose which aisle Sims should gather at and Sims "Gathering For Recessional" will be able to go up and down the aisles without issues now.
    We taught Sims some manners so they will pay proper attention to Toasts now and will stop chattering.
    We know it's a big day and everyone's excited, but that's no reason to be rude.
    Sims with a larger backside will no longer experience their derriere to clip through ymTop_GP11Casual.
    When Engaged Sims perform the "Exchange vows and Kiss" or the "Exchange Vows with Officiant and Kiss" Ceremony event, Sims will complete both interactions now and will no longer forget about the Spousal Kiss.
    We made some tweaks so you can expect more sunshine in Tartosa moving forward.
    Officiant Sims will now give the wedding couple their full attention and avoid talking to other sims during their speech.
    Sims will wear their existing formal outfit for weddings if it is appropriately colored.
    For Engagement Dinners Sims will wear their party outfits and for wedding reception and the vow renewals events guest Sims will wear their formal outfit moving forward.
    We caught some mischievous gnomes who added super glue to wedding chairs, causing Sims to be unable to get up after taking their seats. We cleaned those chairs meticulously and advised gnomes to be more prudent so Sims will be able to get up to do other wedding related actions after sitting down.
    We added some musical backdrop to accentuate important wedding moments.
    Also, we improved an issue with arms clipping during Paired Dancing.

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/998681/my-wedding-stories-patch-update#latest
  • Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member

OMG they fixed everything! Patch notes are out.
  • Options
    SimpatsyannSimpatsyann Posts: 1,309 Member
    edited March 2022
    I am so happy to see this, and simultaneously enraged all over again that we had to get an arm's length worth of bug fixes to repair the basic functionality of the pack. And past experience suggests that at least some of the bug fixes won't work.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,585 Member
    edited March 2022
    Simmingal wrote: »

I would suggest that you have your Sims walk over to said dance floor and then click on the floor for the Slow dance interaction. I don't believe it's a glitch so much as they will dance whenever and wherever they are when you click on slow dance?

OMG they fixed everything! Patch notes are out.

I must have known something was in the works. I should already have my game open, but I ended up checking out the Forums again, instead. Yay! I just restarted my save I created specifically to try out MWS. It went okay, but I was ultimately dissatisfied — until the slow dance, that is. That was glorious. Just moved my Mods folder so I can update. Smiling so hard my cheeks ache. :)
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    AineAine Posts: 3,043 Member
    I'm excited for the fixes, however I'm not in a hurry buying the pack - I'm gonna wait and see if everything is actually fixed as advertised.
    Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    We made some tweaks so you can expect more sunshine in Tartosa moving forward.

Yey, sunshine. :love:
  • Options
    NightlyCoffeeNightlyCoffee Posts: 455 Member
    Sims with a larger backside will no longer experience their derriere to clip through ymTop_GP11Casual.

As someone who enjoys big ol' rumps on my boys, I'm so happy to see this fixed. :D
  • Options
    PeralPeral Posts: 873 Member
    I wonder what effect this will have on autonomous actions in rest of the game, It seems that my Sims are slower at taking care of their needs lately, I will have to click the toilet to make them go there and they seem to just stand around starring empty in to the space lately.
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    I know it's early, but if anyone tests out whether the fixes actually work will they please come back and let us know? Thanks!

(I'm dying to buy this pack lol)
  • Options
    KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,383 Member
    edited March 2022
    I have so many engaged couples in my saves currently. It's great if everything will work out fine now, because I'd love to finally try the new weddings for some of them. :)
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,720 Member
    edited March 2022
    Please be aware that if you want to test this patch. Do not set a wedding cake for your wedding event and disable “Join A Career” from Neighborhood Stories as both of these are believed to cause a save error.
  • Options
    EA_CadeEA_Cade Posts: 7,336 EA Community Manager
    logion wrote: »
    Please be aware that if you want to test this patch. Do not set a wedding cake for your wedding event and disable “Join A Career” from Neighborhood Stories as both of these are believed to cause a save error.

This is correct, we are still working on getting this resolved. There are some workarounds to avoid the Error Code 0 in this thread.
    Found a Bug? Let us know here. Having a technical issue with your game? Reach out to us here. 9alz5vu73pb0.png
  • Options
    StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    edited March 2022
    Wow, I did not expect a patch today. I took a 2 hour nap and woke up to find it waiting.

Very jazzed, because I just had one of my main played sims get engaged yesterday so it is perfect timing. When I get back to her in my rotation it will be an entire week of wedding events culminating in a marriage. As she is one of my legacy family children, it will be the biggest wedding production I have done since the MWS pack came out.

The timing on this patch could not have been more perfect!

(Edit to add: a little disappointed that a fix for the vanishing tea sets isn't there, but I'll live)
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • Options
    Brd709Brd709 Posts: 2,093 Member
    edited March 2022
    Actually, never mind.
  • Options
    Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    HOLY COW! That is one HUGE list of bug fixes!

I'm actually pretty shocked that there were that many things that needed fixed. I just thought it was handful of the "main" interactions that weren't working properly.

Happy for those that have been patiently waiting to get married and for those that waited to buy it, now me? I'm most happy about there being MORE SUN IN TARTOSA!!!!
  • Options
    KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,883 Member
    EA_Cade wrote: »
    logion wrote: »

This is correct, we are still working on getting this resolved. There are some workarounds to avoid the Error Code 0 in this thread.

I experienced the error a couple of days. Read on AHQ that the game created temporary saves, and it was suggested to delete those tmp files. I did, and I've not had the error since. That's both with and without the "join career" option enabled.
  • Options
    abz6abz6 Posts: 5 New Member
    There's a brand new bug. I'm not reporting yet as I switched all my mods straight back on, so I can't rule out a clash. My sim cooked a batch of pancakes, ate one, went out to work, came back and the rest had spoiled in the fridge. I checked it and things spoil in the fridge as if you left them out on the counter. I wonder if it's related to the change they made to cakes and how long they stayed fresh?
  • Options
    AineAine Posts: 3,043 Member
    I just watched lilsimsie's video on the patch and it seems they kinda fixed some stuff, but it's far from perfect. At least the pack isn't completely busted anymore, but it's still very complicated and unpredictable and micro manage-y. Yes, some guests have the correct attire, and some don't. Yes, the guests can now get up after sitting, but some still continue sitting even after getting told to do something else. Yes the officiant is fixed, but it doesn't seem like two sims can walk down the aisle together?? I'm hoping it was just a small glitch that doesn't happen every time, because that would be disappointing. Sims still acting weird when throwing the bouquet and gathering around in general. Lots of walking to new spots etc.

I'm eager to see more simmers 'test' the features now and get more reports on how the fixes work. I might still wait until more fixes are released before getting the pack.
    Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---
  • Options
    Brd709Brd709 Posts: 2,093 Member
    edited March 2022
    I held off buying this pack because of the bugs. Watching LilSimsie's reaction/review has tempted me to try it out for myself. The last two weddings I held were a nightmare because everyone was outside freezing to death talking amongst themselves while the bride and groom exchanged vows with no one watching them and I had to direct every sim inside so they can all sit together and watch the ceremony, or what was left of it.