Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Lawn mowers for TS4 as...

ยซ1
Mak27Mak27 Posts: 1,116 Member

Lawn mowers for TS4 as... 45 votes

Decorative only object, no more chores please
24%
redrogue60PlayerSinger2010SavorySagejcp011c2SheepilingRedShoe7PeralInuMiroLoverSeashoreLiviaSlackertheemaskedsimmer 11 votes
Gameplay object, with weed growing like in past games
75%
BluegayleMistletoe143LeGardePourpreGalacticGalStormkeepshellbemencisGibbs02friendlysimmersKiaraSims4Modsmueller_liteKhrisstyneBabykittyjadebixtersdg51829AstroEnkiSchmidtFreezerBunnyCowplantEricasFreePlayddd994Sally1502 34 votes

Comments

• Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,358 Member
    Gameplay! I want weeding, hedge trimming and ideally also garden pests. This would be perfect for a kit or SP.
    Currently playing: Castaway Challenge
  • Options
    jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,869 Member
    I don't mind chores for the sims. but I draw the line for lawnmowers personally. It's my absolute least favorite thing that I have to do and I would rather not have to deal with it in something I play for fun, too lol. But decorate would be fine.
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • Options
    I don't mind chores for the sims. but I draw the line for lawnmowers personally. It's my absolute least favorite thing that I have to do and I would rather not have to deal with it in something I play for fun, too lol. But decorate would be fine.

You can hire a gardener to do so.

Also, there's decorative lawn mowers but as CC.
  • Options
    Gameplay! I want weeding, hedge trimming and ideally also garden pests. This would be perfect for a kit or SP.

As a Kit, a SP can contain more chore, like swimming pool cleaning, composting or clothes ironing
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,145 Member
    No, no, no!
  • Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,554 Member
    i think it would be good if sims wents nice lawn and gardens so i think its a great idea
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 9,018 Member
    edited March 2022
    neither i don't really want to add them to my game in either form well especially now that i am starting to have performance troubles again

but if they must i guess they can make it kit like the vacuuming and in that case it makes sense it would be gameplay item for people who want it
    โญ๏ธ AHQ Champion ๐Ÿฆ‡ Vlad Advocate ๐Ÿ‰ Team Dragons
    ๐Ÿก Gallery ๐Ÿ“– Stories ๐ŸŒ World Project ๐Ÿฅ” MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    neither i don't really want to add them to my game in either form well especially now that i am starting to have performance troubles again

but if they must i guess they can make it kit like the vacuuming and in that case it makes sense it would be gameplay item for people who want it

Sure, an option to disable the lawn gameplay and have the lawn mowers as decorative
  • Options
    NightwalkerArkanisNightwalkerArkanis Posts: 272 Member
    Wouldn't mind both, honestly. Although I'm not sure how it will work along with your garden dirt fields, even if I can appreciate the picture of my Sim in full panic driving his lawnmower trying to veer between his plants to get the last patch of weed.

And again, a scrapped lawnmower with some more broken farm equipment would be welcomed. I need my scrapyard.

What do we want to get rid of: The holiday bug, the constant showering and the weed glitch.
  • Options
    dg51829dg51829 Posts: 300 Member
    I'd like it to be something that is only triggered if you own a lawnmower. I don't like it when gameplay is forced. I can just delete my laundry machine, no more laundry. The larger households it just gets annoying because Sims just aren't that smart.
  • Options
    Franko30Franko30 Posts: 64 Member
    I want gameplay with lawnmowing, I want something to do for the dads and you know garage stuffs, enough of vaccuming I want fresh air! Lol A kit would be nice for that, just like Bust the dust, but this time, if they put bugs or some annoying things like the fiends, optional... I still wish they add an option to disable bunnies...
  • Options
    I want gameplay with lawnmowing, I want something to do for the dads and you know garage stuffs, enough of vaccuming I want fresh air! Lol A kit would be nice for that, just like Bust the dust, but this time, if they put bugs or some annoying things like the fiends, optional... I still wish they add an option to disable bunnies...

Bugs like roaches and flies can be a BG update, but lawn mowing as a kit is enough
  • Options
    I'd like it to be something that is only triggered if you own a lawnmower. I don't like it when gameplay is forced. I can just delete my laundry machine, no more laundry. The larger households it just gets annoying because Sims just aren't that smart.

Laundry gameplay should be deactivated like the dust one. I love to have vaccuum cleaners in my lot but without the dust gameplay.
  • Options
    theemaskedsimmertheemaskedsimmer Posts: 63 Member
    I would say decorative only. The chores annoy me when they do not work properly. Although, if it comes with no bugs I would be down for the realism it would bring. So I am really on board with either. I think it would make a nice addition to the game one way or the other.
  • Options
    KhrisstyneKhrisstyne Posts: 368 Member
    Yes, please!!!
    Give me more mundane stuff that I hate to do in real life, in the Sims because it's actually fun but only in game.

This is not sarcasm. I am dead serious. I loved Bust the Dust and am upset that they abandoned gameplay kits.
    AviaWinters.tumblr.com
    AviaTheDramaFiend.wordpress.com
    (not always sims related but I review and discuss television shows and movies. Foreign or not.)

I play on console and PC now! YAY!
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,742 Member
    Currently there IS a mod by SimRealist that gives this feature. I have yet to install it, as my Sims are very busy and would likely have to hire a gardener to do the job. But, I used to have the whole family help out in the weeding and such back in Sims2. I'm very surprised this feature didn't get carried forward, actually.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    ElliandreElliandre Posts: 2,468 Member
    Gameplay object. I would love to have Sims mow the lawn and for the grass to grow tall and weedy if they don't. I would like them to be able to pick dandelions and lucky four leaf lovers on the grass.
  • Options
    PatricePatrice Posts: 361 Member
    Lawnmowers would be cool! and to have teenagers have that as
    a chore wouldn't hurt em, and adults can mow too, in the perfect or
    clean trait :)
  • Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,327 Member
  • Options
    juiceismahlyfejuiceismahlyfe Posts: 5 New Member
    sounds super fun and could prob make a fun event when the grass gets to high
  • Options
    Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member

I use a mod for grass to grow, it's pretty cool if you like mundane realistic chores.

https://simrealist.itch.io/home-and-land-company
  • Options
    PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    There are so many more fun ideas for gameplay other than chores.
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,442 Member
    edited April 2022
    There are so many more fun ideas for gameplay other than chores.

May be nice for teenage sims to earn some money by mowing their neighbors' lawns. But I agree that a manicured lawn just for the sake of it it's not fun gameplay. Maybe if they added some lawn games to go with the manicured lawn it would make more sense and be more enjoyable gameplay.
  • Options
    KiaraSims4ModsKiaraSims4Mods Posts: 2,782 Member
    Yes please. It add realism and maybe we can an NPC service to cut grass or do yard work.