Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What Happened In Your Game Today?

Comments

• Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,742 Member
    @DoloresGrey Welcome Back!
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    DaepheneDaephene Posts: 1,760 Member
    @DoloresGrey It is the same save! Jacob and his cousins are Athena's grandchildren. I have aging off except for the active households so the premade families don't age at all until I start playing with them. I didn't touch the Spencer Kim Lewis family until I decided to age Olivia up to be Jacob's high school sweetheart, so that is why Dennis is still alive. He outlived Vivian though.
    I remember your Sims aged faster than mine so you are probably many generations on or in a new save by now. I'll never forget your Bob from back when I first joined though. Good to see you again!
  • Options
    sarabeth2984sarabeth2984 Posts: 849 Member
    Hey everyone! Here’s some comments!

@galacticgal Awesome!! I am sohappy to see Erik back again! I can’t wait to see more of his story
    @mightysprite I really like your Miko!
    You are so right, alien toddlers are adorable! But poor Aadhya. Those murphy beds are tricky. I’ve nearly lost a few sims to that one. They definitely grieved for their poor friend.
    And I was laughing at Salim in his maid outfit lol!
    Marco is an adorable kid!
    Thank you for liking Lan! She’s been a delight to play. I was thinking that Caleb and Angela will be a unique pairing, I am curious to see how they’ll turn out….
    @vickiesims Oh no!! Your poor sim!!! I always have problems with my sim toddlers running around the neighborhood- You practically have to lock them away in their rooms lol. I hope she has better luck next time
    @rongtudjuuu I love your redone kitchen!
    @metior_ice I love how you did Nautilus Look and Zalia Shores.
    @girafhunter The screenshot of your sim’s doberman’s sleeping surrounder her coffin had me in stitches. Its so true.
    @daephene Those are some lovely screenshots of Billie and Jacob’s wedding! I am still waiting for the patch before trying any weddings.
    @haneul Thank you for liking Abelard and Adelynn! I love unusually matched couples too. I totally gave up on autonomous proposals too! But leave it to Griffin. He’s always up for proposing. Yes they do live in separate households…but I think Abelard has plans to amend that. And I love your post about Deli and her conversation with her dad. I understand Asher’s logic regarding his daughter and her vampirism, but sometimes the best thing a parent can do is let their child walk their own path.
    @doloresgrey Yes!! I almost never refer to them by their last name Morecombe lol. I kind of have 3 main legacies going on in my main save, Beauchamps and Fontenots, and then my vampire family, the Morecombes. I’ve played them for years.
    LOL!!! Yes, poor Professor Fen, I totally agree with all the Gen-Z’ers made him that way. I would be too. Thank you for liking Lan’s new kitchen! I envision her as being really bubbly and sweet. She has a thing for pink and white. I am hoping to carry the theme through the house.
    I agree on the Romance Guru, unfortunately from what happens below, you were right about the fraud part.
    I do have the fixer upper on the build! Here’s the link! https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/C86DB769990E11EC8A953BD08D77A73C

So here’s what happened in my game!

I’m still playing my new house-renovation-challenge save with my sim Lan Fen. She inherited a bit of a work in progress from her recently deceased father, Professor Jing Fen from Britechester. Its definitely a fixer-upper. Lan moved from her cute but dinky apartment in San Myshuno to remote and creepy Forgotten Hollow.
    RATS!
    So far, she has redone the kitchen but the rest of the house is still a mess. I gave the lot the creepy-crawlies and grody mess traits, so things are constantly breaking, getting dirty, and she gets attacked by random spiders and plasma bats. I also put the little mouse hole from Cats and Dogs (it generates a little rat that runs around and gives sims uncomfortable moodlets)
    The one thing that is truly driving the poor girl nuts is the rat problem. They constantly wake her up in the middle of the night mZmLvjJ.png
    I feely ya Lan. I am not a fan of rodents
    She’s been taking a lot of gigs to build up her savings. I won’t overload my post with lots of screenshots of her working at this computer, but definitely know she spent the majority of her time here lol. However, the constant rats scurrying and the atrocious living conditions in her office is less than comfortable. BPvJmLh.png
    So I got her a pretty pink and white tea set. lxmWHp4.png
    Depending on the tea she makes, she can get a fairly powerful enough focus moodlet to help her, well, focus on work! 9nOc1lK.png
    Her kitchen was well worth it Iid1qbT.png

Flea Market Fun
    Lan did lots of fun things and got herself into trouble a time or too!
    She visited the flea market and bought this gorgeous leather chair for her office. QLPTkbZ.png
    She managed to haggle a good price with the vendor EHKhW6S.png
    And being the geek she is, Lan LOVES snowglobes. She landed the steal of a lifetime and bought this entire set of collectible snowglobes! NniGUpZ.png
    She also checked out the local antique store to find some furniture pieces. uZOnl6v.png

Fledermaus Park
    Lan is still exploring her new neighborhood. She’s been wanting to check out the little park next door, Fledermaus Park (i whipped it up a few weeks ago) yAmG2o3.png
    Lan loves cute little animals. She had so much fun talking to the little birds lnERoJ5.png
    And even managed to pet a bunny DFmb2h7.png
    Than she spotted a little black cat GyuR7HQ.png

Salem
    She took the cat home. His name is Salem. JjijSnU.png
    Salem is a manx/british shorthair mix. He’s adorable. oKkbByx.png
    He also helps out with the rat problem!

Neighborhood Gossip and a mysterious new Neighbor

Lan was getting a tad lonely, so she dropped by the Vatore household to visit. They all get along like a house on fire. Lilith told Lan about the new guy that just moved in next door! Has she met him yet? He looks cute in a “bad boy” sort of way. RTwXNPu.png
    Caleb tried to go over to say hi, but he said the guy was a little intimidating. Caleb made his greetings but than headed back home. OoY2jdD.png
    Lan is intrigued. So she whips up a batch of sugar cookies to welcome the newcomer to the neighborhood. Y2aewKv.png
    Yep. There’s a new neighbor! There’s a truck. DXFMxnI.png
    What’s up with all the garlic strands? iBeunBP.png
    Lan was a bit embarrassed. The guy was still in his pajamas lol. 1floSJ7.png
    But they enjoyed a few of her sugar cookies SBcNoqO.png
    His name is Myron Morecombe and he’s originally from Windenberg. Other than that, they got along really well. Turns out he’s a geek too! hk5q4Gp.png
    He just rented a house in Forgotten Hollow. She asked what brought him to the area. yZnlO3I.png
    Its work related, but due to the nature of his career, he can’t say…hmmm. 5LmWEdQ.png

They became fast friends M6J6u5z.png

Love Day and the One Night Stand
    Love Day rolled around. Lan didn’t have a date. So she was spent the evening knitting
    and watching a romance movie on tv. NGduJWE.png
    Story of my life lol.
    At least she has her cat. pp4AKQk.png

When the doorbell rang. It was the guy she met a few weeks ago at the Romance Festival!
    He was the Romance Guru, Afu Kananana (that game gave him that name). They had quite they chemistry bD3QajZ.png
    She answered the door and invited him in. Kinda creepy that he just showed up at your house uninvited but whatever… o3El7bf.png
    Actually Afu is a really nice guy. They definitely have chemistry. NJ6frET.png
    One thing led to another and… fPQeXgY.png
    He left right after

The Date
    Afu did invite her out for a date a few days later.
    They met at the karaoke bar in San Myshuno. Not that either of them can sing lol sQyFDnw.png
    Lan took the opportunity to get to know him better 1jhVKD4.png
    She found out he’s unemployed. And doesn’t like kids yrKxxox.png
    And he has commitment issues. Oh. wfcElCm.png
    The date ended amicably but very early. Lan decided to not pursue the relationship. 8H6KCoj.png
    I would be a bit bummed too. But she decided to make a fun evening of it.
    (I’ve done this many times myself! -it works) :D:/:s:'(

She cheered on this karaoker. Poor guy was terrible. NExv3at.png
    Hey its Faiz from Tortosa! 6xvpENA.png
    Got a few drinks OZ0rR7m.png
    Look who walked in…its that Myron guy! I love the side eye… 6IQ5QC0.png
    She can see why Lilith was quite smitten with him. 8KSAxzC.png
    He actually asked for her number. oTBO9u7.png
    All in all it was a fun evening.

New Office!
    So here’s the progress of the renovation! Lan decided to focus on her office. She spends a lot of time in there and needs a new computer
    Lan had the cobwebs removed, cracks and wall holes filled in, mouse hole repaired, new lighting installed, new paint job, the old mouldy carpet ripped up to reveal a new wood flooring.
    She had her new furniture delivered and installed
    Before
    WFgkCHd.png
    hOQOo1K.png
    After!
    OpHXXnQ.png
    pOixbhW.png
    Till next time!

• Options
    Metior_IceMetior_Ice Posts: 3,103 Member
    @haneul I really enjoyed your story and it was worth clicking the link. Asher is still up to his megalomaniac ways. lol.

@GalacticGal Eric must be a born celebrity with how quickly he gains fame!
  • Options
    DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    edited March 2022
    @Daephene Just a couple of generations on :D
    mah-man-bobo-pancakes.png

Dorota.jpg

Hello. My name is Dorota. I would like to say I am going to share my happy family, my happy life story with you. But that would be a lie. My god says it's quite the opposite and she also says it feels like a nightmare you can't wake up from.
    I am an animal enthusiast and every day I wake up on my own at 4am to take care of our livestock!
    7-3-2022-18-52-35.png
    I don't have time for breakfast so my mum packs me a healthy snack from our crops. We've got lots of them.
    8-3-2022-11-16-31.png
    We have 4 cats. I repeat - four cats! And they are one of many reasons our house is always a mess.
    7-3-2022-18-54-18.png
    This devious creatures like to destroy everything. For example this armchair my mom bought on a flea market when I was mushroom picking. That means those times when I wasn't even in her belly yet.
    7-3-2022-18-55-30.png
    Our cats love to eat the food my mum makes. When we scold them, they sit down in the food. If they can't have it, neither do we!!!
    8-3-2022-11-42-05.png
    My mum enjoys to drink fresh milk our cow gives us. There is usually a hint of cat hair :D
    7-3-2022-19-39-38.png
    As I said, our house is always a mess. Lots of dust, lots of trash. Lots of dirty plates. God says she can't deal with us. God is dissapointed with herself. She is ashamed she can't handle our lives better. She said we needed a maid. And also a gardener. And she wish there was also a cat nanny.
    8-3-2022-11-12-58.png

On Saturday we were on a picnic in Oasis Springs' park with my mum's siblings. It was a very nice day...
    8-3-2022-11-50-24.png
    ...because I finally made some friends!
    8-3-2022-11-53-13.png

On Sunday there was a flea market. My mum wanted to sell our milk but nobody wanted to buy it. I think people from the city of San Myshuno can't appreciate a good quality organic produce.
    8-3-2022-12-10-24.png
    My mum was bummed so we just returned home and invited my new friends over. My mum made some good grilled sweetcorn for us. Everyone loved it!
    8-3-2022-12-18-50.png

And then... And then... Uhh-
    My cat gave birth to two kitties. We have 6 cats. I repeat - we have six cats in total! God, please, don't give up on us!
    8-3-2022-12-34-02.png
    Post edited by DoloresGrey on
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • Options
    edited March 2022
    @sarabeth2984 Thank you for the shout-out! I loved your story, by the way. This is the REBOOT, so I'll be playing this one for some time. Got word the mod I need isn't likely to be updated for awhile. :'(

When Fate Lends A Hand, an Erik Cantrell REBOOT

“Erik,” Brianna said, “you will meet her. She’s out there. You just need to give it more time. Everything doesn’t have to be a competition between you three.”
    “I know,” Erik sighed. “And I do think Sandi and Aaron click, you know? Good for each other. To think he met her at one of my concerts, too. Matchmaker and I didn’t even know it. Oh, well, four more weeks and then we’re off to Uni.”
    “You may well meet her there, you just never know,” Brianna clucked.
    Despite the positive face Erik tried to put on his woes, he was truly struggling. His parents who were acting as his Managers, for which he appreciated on the one side, were also adding to his stress. Another Meet & Greet was in order. Louise really wanted her son, out there. Erik shrugged. Record sales were through the roof and he had a second nomination for Best Song. Would it ever be enough? Certainly, he was going to have to lay the tracks down for three more albums to release one at a time while he did his ‘Time’ in University. He hated it that his father insisted he go. "But, Dad, I already have a high-paying career,” he said.
    “Doesn’t hurt to hedge your bets. One never knows what’s ahead. Get the degree.”

One day after school, Erik took Adrian to the park in Willow Creek, Magnolia Park. He had no idea why he chose that place. He liked the name. Bringing along a guitar, to continue working on his latest song, he kept an eye on his little brother while a crowd of Sims amassed. Finally one of the chess tables emptied, Erik grabbed a seat and called Adrian over. Again, a few Sims gathered. When he grew tired of the park, Erik took his brother over to Windenberg to the Discotheque there.
    kfhnUC2.jpg
    DMBilg7.jpg

Dropping his baby brother off at home, Erik visited the Romance Festival. He looked around for a bit, but no Sim caught his eye. Instead, he wandered over to the Romance Guru for some advice. “Hi, my name is Erik, I was wondering if you could tell me my Destiny,” he asked. The Guru looked thoughtful for a moment and then replied, “Though temptation abounds, you must wait many moons for your destined love.”
    WtMchCb.jpg
    m9ooKMj.jpg

Erik’s stomach sank. Dissatisfied with the answer, he then asked something more. “Oh, Wise One, please grant me some words of Wisdom, if you please.” Again, the Guru looked perplexed. Then he had a look of revelation on his face. “’A Wise Man once said: “What is love? Love hurts. Love is love, so go and love.’” Well that’s as clear as mud. Erik had no other choice but to walk away. So much for that.

The day had ebbed away by then, so Erik decided to go home. He was getting absolutely nowhere in his quest. Erik always knew music wouldn’t be enough. He wanted a wife and a family, too. He certainly wasn’t inclined to be a monk, so marriage was his only other option. One day, he sighed.
    When the Starlight Accolades rolled around, Erik donned a new suit he had purchased for himself. Actually, he had it made, since he now had his own money to spend. “So extravagant, Erik,” his mother tsk-tsked.
    “What, it doesn’t fit right, or something?”
    “It’s gorgeous, it’s just expensive.” Louise busily tugged at the back of his suit jacket. "And it fits perfectly."
    “I bought it myself, Mom. Am I not allowed to spend anything on myself?”
    “Well, of course you are.”
    “Besides, I gave my tithe —”
    “Erik, that’s wonderful. I’m so sorry I misjudged you. I have been afraid all of this success had gone to your head. I should have known better.”
    Erik turned around and gave his mother a big hug and then kissed the top of her blonde head. “It’s okay, Mom. I appreciate how you keep me in line, I do. You and Dad and my siblings. You’ve all been so supportive. But, I have to get going, if I’m going to be on time.”
    “Break a leg, son.” Erik smiled in return.

There was a great deal of chatter going on when Erik came into the PBP Studios to take a seat. Again, the one on the end of the second row was the only one open. Look, my seat. He sat and tried to understand just what the buzz was all about. A buzz was about all he could discern. Finally, the Host came in and stood at the microphone. Over the speakers came the announcement, “Roll out the Red Carpet, it’s the Accolades!” Thankfully with the announcement, the chatter died down. To a dull roar.

“ … and the Winner of tonight’s Best Song is …Erik Cantrell for his latest, Spring Fever.”
    Erik stood, tugged briefly at his jacket and made his way to the microphone, enjoying the applause. “Good Evening. I’m Erik. Erik Cantrell.”
    33GPgxl.jpg

"I didn't think this would get me again. Sorry, I'm just so completely honored by this."
    z6tSjaw.jpg

"Thank you, Everybody! Yay!"
    EbP2qBA.jpg

After the show Erik had a concert to give, so he took a brief amount of time to change out of his new suit into something warmer. From the lot outside, he beamed over to the venue. When he returned, he was astounded to see a few fans lingering. By now, he expected the others had already left the Studio to either a restaurant to dine, or to simply go home. Yet, here there were a few fans, seeking a glimpse. Then he saw her.
    Erik smiled, feeling strangely timid. He felt as if they knew each other, even though they hadn’t met in this life before. How, or why, he pondered. Why do I feel so connected to you?
    uAVxf73.jpg
    ZX9uCsl.jpg
    cOfPDi2.jpg

Kayleigh, her name is Kayleigh. After procuring her number, Erik bid her “Goodnight,” and then beamed back home. He took pause on the street just before his house.
    Thank you, Lord.
    sHIYKr6.jpg

All for now. Thanks for reading! :)

Post edited by GalacticGal on
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
  • Options
    @DoloresGrey I just read your delightful story! I particularly liked this line "My mum wanted to sell our milk but nobody wanted to buy it. I think people from the city of San Myshuno can't appreciate a good quality organic produce."

My immediate thought went back to the cat hair! I look forward to more of your story. :)
  • Options
    haneulhaneul Posts: 1,954 Member
    @HillyBeth p938 I love the unique look of your Sims. Good to hear the second attempt at Andrew and Elizabeth's vow renewal went well. It looks so lovely! I want to get the new pack, but I'm waiting to make sure the situation with my mods and save will be okay. Congrats on a girl! In my legacy, after 1 girl, I had 7 boys in a row, followed by 6 girls in a row. Now things are a little less one-sided.
    @OhMyHemsworth p938 You have great drama going on with your vampire Sims, but poor Hank! Regardless, great wedding! Is that vampire wedding cake actual made with plasma and vampire-friendly? Despite the bugs, the pack looks like a lot of fun. Crimson and Blair are so cute.
    @jpajari p938 All of the family events you host for your Sims look great. They must be such a sweet family. I love the Winterfest pajamas.
    @mightysprite
    p938 Sims can practice violin with chickens?! I really need to get my Sims more involved with their chickens. I was thinking they should have maybe a pet dog, but maybe a pet chicken too? Haha.
    So sweet of Armando to write a book about Mortimer Goth and begin the title with "Our Hero".
    The murphy bed is completely banned in my legacy save. It scares me and for good reason, I guess. Haha. I know there are ways to make it safe and I don't mind accidental deaths, but to be crushed by a bed… poor Aadhya.
    @Daephene
    You don't have to worry with me, it takes me so long to get around to all 22 households that it's very unlikely that anything will change between when I post and you comment. I've stopped even trying to catch up on comments and just occasionally make a few if something inspires me to. I just don't spend that much time on my sims or the boards anymore.
    Thanks! I'm not worried. I don't read every post in this thread. I just pop in from time to time and comment where I like. I enjoy your posts and I had to laugh at Oliva/Jacob taking a shower before dumpster woohoo.
    @GalacticGal I'm always glad to see your posts about Erik. <3 He looks great in the suit he wore when getting the award for Daybreak. I'm glad that he was able to meet Kayleigh. Do you have aging on in your game? I'm just curious but how long does Erik normally stay a teen?
    @Metior_Ice It's fun to see Gui travel around and interact with your other Sims through Dream Home Decorator.
    I really enjoyed your story and it was worth clicking the link. Asher is still up to his megalomaniac ways. lol.
    Thank you. Haha. There are some things about him that'll probably never change.
    @DoloresGrey - Is that your Sims' family tree that you posted? That's amazing! <3 Anyway, Dorota is so sweet. She seems to have such a great attitude about everything from waking up at 4am to living in a messy home with dust bunnies and 6 cats.
    @sarabeth2984
    The pink kitchen renovation is nice. I like it for Lan and her pink cherry dress. I wish her a rodent-free home. Hopefully, they'll keep out of her office at least. It went from creepy to quite nice.
    And I love your post about Deli and her conversation with her dad. I understand Asher’s logic regarding his daughter and her vampirism, but sometimes the best thing a parent can do is let their child walk their own path.
    Thank you! Occasionally, Asher autonomously approaches his with advice on being vampire. I think it's sweet and overbearing at the same time.

--
    Fier Legacy - A Wedding Without Discord (or Wedding Stories). I think I'll stick to posting a few things here and others on my blog. In other words, I'll stick with being inconsistent. :sweat_smile:
    Intro & Past Posts in Spoiler
    INTRO
    CFRyVIZ.jpg
    The Fiers are a vampire family led by an arrogant and socially awkward megalomaniac named Asher who, among other things, hopes to have 100 children. As of now, he's had 17. The youngest five (minus #17) recently became young adults and are moving out, so Asher's ready to move on from the life he's built with them in Sulani. Even though everyone is into pursuing an eco lifestyle and protecting the environment and even though Asher employed some draconian conservation policies while working as a top-level conservationist, he's done with that kind of tiny living stuff and had a (gaudy flamboyant) palace built in San Myshuno, where he recently relocated his family and where he intends to raise the next generation of his children.

Learn more about the Fiers?
    Past posts are linked and indexed on my blog.

A Wedding Without Discord
    Adelise entered the music room to ask her daughter Elmire to play a lot more quietly or close the doors, but Adelise became transfixed by the shockingly awful cluster&*#! of discord Cocoa was emitting.
    KQpuyV4.jpg
    As much as Elmire liked to play nice songs on pianos, Elmire also liked to play with pianos, which meant playing all kinds of things on Cocoa, including things that sounded different. Today, she was doing “exploding scariness” and “no” in various ways. It was hard to describe exactly what that meant or how it sounded, but if most heard her, they would say, “No! Noooo! Please stop that noise. My ears are threatening to tear themselves from my head. They are experiencing horrors that must be immediately forgotten and never experienced again!”

The dissonance was deafening, intentionally obnoxious, much worse than what the worst toddler violinist could produce, which took creativity and range that Asher felt obligated to encourage. His daughter would never win any awards for this piece, but… he could delight with her in its torturous dissonance.
    paWywyE.jpg

Adelise couldn’t delight in it or even pretend that she did,
    iHJD2TD.jpg

but what she could do was vigorously applaud when Elmire moved on to something else. As for Elmire, she filed her experiment in dissonance away to retrieve later if she ever needed it for a future composition. It had been great fun, but it also had kind of hurt her ears.
    zcL3dtY.jpg

Asher was thankful that Elmire had stopped as well. He hoped that his head would soon stop its throbbing too.
    YIluMLj.jpg
    Fairly late that evening, Rashad (very soon-to-be husband to Dysis) went to Elmire’s room to wish her goodnight and ask how she felt about gaining an older brother.
    GVrnA5I.jpg

She felt great, because he was great and she shared her excitement with her toys. She didn't have enough brothers.
    EwFyu0i.jpg
    3vCIneH.jpg

Meanwhile, Asher lingered in the music room. There were things about the piano he intended to show Elmire and was trying to sort out how best to teach her. As much as she wanted (and maybe a little more if he could encourage her just right), he’d help her realize her potential or at least that’s what he had thought. But instead of him pushing her to learn, she was pulling him along with her at her blazing pace that had him off balance. Elmire had already been certified “creatively gifted”, having mastered everything that there was “for a child” to master about the piano and some other arts. To Asher, Elmire was an obvious genius. He reasoned that perhaps that’s why her approach to the piano was unconventionally curious, noisy, and playful. Or perhaps it was like that because she was still a very young child and no one had done anything to discourage the magical joy and love she felt for the instrument.
    PVlIMh2.jpg
    Now, though, his little pianist was sleeping. There was another daughter he wanted to spend time with.
    What did he want to say to Dysis or do with her? Nothing, really. She seemed happy and healthy on her own. He just wanted to be around her, so he followed her into a room with a television and sat down beside her, trying to act cool/casual, while she played games. They chatted about everyday things.
    T11efP7.jpg
    f6uQDdA.jpg
    iwpdVgs.jpg
    Dysis’ wedding would be the next day.
    The bride, groom, Adelise, and a few others arrived at the venue, a renovated barn designed by the talented DevonBumpkin, early to prepare and take photos. Dysis and Rashad also had shared a lovely and (unpictured) private moment where they revealed their wedding attire to each other.

The actual ceremony would align with Dysis’ name and begin at sunset.
    f5Q6lFJ.jpg
    PbW6M1V.jpg

When it was finally time, and guests had been seated, the couple entered together.
    rNwcLNL.jpg
    9bJ4qCo.jpg
    iHGMo94.jpg
    JJAQKYg.jpg
    bykx0H3.jpg
    ny2RujZ.jpg
    noSgwp9.jpg
    And with that they were officially married, but the festivities weren’t over.
    WyDy3Di.jpg
    k1bBoyR.jpg
    WyDy3Di.jpg

The days of Dysis living with her parents and coming downstairs to meet Rashad for coffee or breakfast before going to her office had ended.EBTFL9R.jpg

They had their own home now. Rashad’s family owned property in Brindleton Bay and the Fiers paid for a renovation by HeyHarrie.
    P4PPkbi.jpg
    jq4z9ZB.jpg

Bonus:
    Asher was mentally more prepared for this post-wedding photoshoot than he had been with Dawn’s.
    V8R9cvu.jpg
    ZVsb4uB.jpg
    b97YxIh.jpg

Two more bonus photos from when they surveyed the venue beforehand:
    rmXwD8Y.jpg
    tNLkf7I.jpg

Note: Elmire maxed the childhood creativity skill in about one Sim day... After adult skills are maxed, I wish that there was a bit more to do. I miss the Sims 3 skill journal. My posts are also ages behind my actual gameplay, so Wedding Stories was announced far after this gameplay happened.
  • Options
    edited March 2022
    Getting To Know You, an Erik Cantrell REBOOT

“You’re kidding, you go to Buckingham High, too? Why haven’t I seen you?” Erik said. He sat down at the Digi-tech Portable piano and began to plunk the keys with a finger, randomly. “No, I wish I could, but my family is decorating our Christmas tree today and then tonight we’re heading off to Midnight Services. Yeah, to St. James Church. Again, I have to ask why haven’t I seen you there? Oh, you just moved into town. I see. Wait, what? You’re from a military family. Get out!” Erik laughed. “Army Brat, I get it. So, will you be there tonight? Sweet.” This is getting better and better all of the time

“Erik,” Adrian hollered. “Put the guitar down. We’re all waiting on you.” Erik came out of the room designated as his Music Room.
    “Hey, where’s Aaron? Can’t start without him.”
    “He’s on an important phone call,” Louise hoarsely whispered, as if saying it louder would jinx it.
    Erik shrugged and smirked. “Well, for what it’s worth, Mother, I, too, was on an important phone call.”
    “What’s her name, and why haven’t I heard anything about this before now?”
    “Her name is Kayleigh. Kayleigh Anne Golden. Doesn’t that have just the sweetest ring to it? And believe me, she’s as beautiful as her name.”
    Joseph entered the room, “Golden? I just got off the phone with a Captain Drake Golden. He was inquiring on behalf of his daughter about Britechester-U. His daughter will be ready in about four weeks, too. Looks like she may be a classmate.”
    Captain, of course he’s a captain. Yikes.
    “Shall we get started? Hey, Aaron, come on!” Joseph hollered up the stair well.
    s4L2Zc8.jpg
    znlwWXN.jpg
    "So, what's it missing?" Joseph said.
    OZVIoSb.jpg
    "More ornaments?" Joey, Jr. said.
    Gzyz0NC.jpg
    "Maybe fill in this hole, right here," Erik said
    fBQVEfO.jpg
    "Ah, perfect!" Adrian said, as Aaron placed the star.
    CVDUWrw.jpg

Erik was heartened when he saw Kayleigh as her family arrived at the church. In fact, he saw three of her! I’m losing my mind Kayleigh saw the baffled look on his face and openly giggled. She snaked her way over to him and said, “No, your eyes aren’t deceiving you. I am one of identical triplets. Hayleigh and Regina.” Palm up, she gestured at each of them.
    “How did Regina warrant a name that doesn’t rhyme?”
    “Rayleigh just didn’t work out.”
    “Okay.”

Erik gave one concert in the wee hours, just after his family returned from church. Immediately, he had a photoshoot and then a bit part in another major film. Later, when he got home, for good, he spent time enjoying the Grand Meal, a glass of fine juice, since it was a Holiday and Erik wasn’t going anywhere for the rest of the evening. Those were the rules. So, he drank his very sl-ow-ly to enjoy it. Holding up the glass of Van Haute Meloire, Erik said, “Merry Christmas — and I do believe this is my favorite juice.”
    Trying to best him, Adrian stood up on his chair, glass of milk raised, “God Bless Us, Everyone!”

Erik asked Kayleigh over to hang out at his house in the late afternoon. Thankfully, her family was also through with their Feast and the present thing. She said she would be right over.
    "Merry Christmas, Kayleigh," Erik greeted her at the door.
    m8XSggC.jpg
    8QoKPQJ.jpg
    "Rarr," She flirted right back. "Oh, be still my beating heart."
    a4dTBNN.jpg

All too soon, Erik had to take her home. He was fast learning the Captain, was a very strict Sim. Well, he does have three gorgeous Teen daughters.

The next day Erik texted Kayleigh and then later called her, “Would you like to go out on a date? You would? Oh, great! Do you like pizza? Because I know of a fine Pizza Grotto — The Oak Alcove Pizzeria. Yeah, it’s down in Brindleton Bay. So, I’ll pick you up around six? Yes, I would be happy to meet your parents and I do understand completely. Your Dad was once a Teen boy, I get it. My Dad tells me, the same thing. Must have been a millennia ago.” Erik laughed gaily, like he hadn’t laughed in awhile. There’s just something so very special about you

Erik wore his dark blue coat with the dark blueish scarf, which he straightened just before he knocked on the front door. “I’m here to pick up Kayleigh,” he said. And was invited inside to meet her father, Drake and her mother, Carina. “Wait, I know you,” Erik said with a grand smile. Well, at least I don’t have to salute, “We met at the …”
    “Meet & Greet,” All three of them chimed together.
    “I’m so glad that you came,” he told her parents, shaking hands.
    “We just got here, and decided to check out the local community events. Your event was listed, so we said 'Why not?'” Drake explained.
    “We move around a lot,” Kayleigh said. “First thing they do is check out the local stuff.”
    “And where are you from?” Drake asked. “There’s an air about you that suggests, not from here.”

“Vulcan,” Erik said. “And before you ask, I was born in space. My older brother, Aaron, was born on Earth, but not from around here. We’re here because my great-grand uncle died and left The Cantrell House to my Dad.” A tiny ring emitted from Erik’s phone, “And if you don’t mind, we should get going before the place gets packed. Kayleigh?” he said, holding out his hand.
    Happily, they were seated right away. "This is so charming. I like it," Kayleigh said, sliding into the chair next to Erik.
    S1uFTD7.jpg
    "See? Somehow I just knew you'd like it," he smiled and blew her a kiss.
    AUT5VVB.jpg
    "Are you flirting with me, Mr. Cantrell?"
    "Do you mind?"
    "If I minded, I wouldn't be sitting here with you."
    nadalw8.jpg
    "Hope you like it," Erik said. "It's Van Haute Meloire. I've come to appreciate its nuance in flavor."
    "Um, yes, it's very good. I do like it."
    RgqMjSb.jpg

Taking her by the hand, Erik led her away from their table, "I like you," he said. My god my heart is racing "I more than just like you," he continued, watching her expression. "It's like we belong together. Like we've always been together."
    "You feel it, too?" she ventured to say. "I feel the same way."
    QgXCDn0.jpg
    "Enough to be my girlfriend?"
    "Yes, I would like that very much."
    5iZ5rSX.jpg
    "Good, I was hoping you'd say so."
    9eW7jin.jpg
    "I would give you my class ring, but I don't have one. How about a Promise Ring, instead?"
    wbgQiho.jpg
    "But, Erik, we've only just met. Are you quite certain you want to tie yourself down so completely? I mean, it's a promise. I don't break my promises. I don't."
    "Neither do I. And I've never been more sure in my life."
    wbgQiho.jpg
    "Okay, I promise," she said.
    pyD9VJ9.jpg
    "Oh, wow, that's quite a rock, how did you —"
    lFJRTjw.jpg

A moment later, Erik took her by the waist, …
    QlF8zQu.jpg
    G4XjaS5.jpg
    11Lcide.jpg
    "Do you mind if I capture this moment for my Simstagram?"
    "Wait, this isn't some kind of publicity stunt, is it?"
    "No, Ma'am, I just like to be the one to share my own news. You know, get out in front of it. That sort of thing."
    "Sure, why not."
    dpiJ3dy.jpg
    "Ah, thanks."
    JyLLq5v.jpg

Erik snapped a picture of her to keep in his wallet.
    wk9eoHy.jpg

Almost caught up with the backlog. I didn't want to end up forgetting some crucial moments, like I did with my other save. Those two missing Accolades, you know? Thanks for reading. Sorry this one was so long. :)

• Options
    @hanuel I play on Long and only set aging off when the YAs are in Uni. Currently, I'm playing with seasons set at two-weeks. I started them off in the Fall. There is just about three weeks before Aaron and Erik age up, followed by Joey and Brianna. They are all a day apart in age. I should make them four days apart, but I get impatient. LOL Kayleigh and her sisters this go-around are the same age as Bree. Which, in game, makes her two years younger than Erik. Or close to it. (I see the Sims born in three months, so in my mind, a day = 3 months, hence the four days apart calculation.) I have used MCCC to reset some of the Elder Sims in their universe, back to 0 days in that age stage. I've lost Sims prematurely in the past.
  • Options
    Metior_Ice wrote: »
    @haneul I really enjoyed your story and it was worth clicking the link. Asher is still up to his megalomaniac ways. lol.

@GalacticGal Eric must be a born celebrity with how quickly he gains fame!

Well, he's a Teen Phenom. He does have the Musical Genius Aspiration. I'm just as gobsmacked. My other Erik save (temporarily on hold, lest a broken RTF mod Borks the save altogether) made it in ten Sim days. This Erik did it in nine. "I can name that tune in … three notes." LOL I think I've just played and replayed him that I've practically got it down to a science. But the Road to Fame mod, helps. I've also learned to have him write songs (no lyrics) to get recognized by the Starlight Accolades. RTF works in conjunction with the game celebrity system.
  • Options
    BlueSeaWavesBlueSeaWaves Posts: 4,499 Member
    Hello, hope everyone is doing well! It's been too long since I've been on here, I haven't had a break or a chance to get in game and enjoy it enough :'( RL is just too much. Here's an update with Neyla, things have taken a turn though Neyla saw it coming

Now that Junior was a child, his priority was school. Neyla enjoyed knitting beside him while he did his homework. CBggr18.png
    Time passed on and Wally seemed to finally let go the whole fridge situation with Neyla. He began working more hours too. Neyla was getting promoted at work too, and she was trying to bring up the talk of trying for a baby with Wally. She spoke with him and he just looked like he didn't care. lwirHqf.png He tried to reason saying they already have Junior, how many more kids could they need? 5cnwFCw.png He yawned as she told him. he knew she wants children. "You're still going on with that? We don't have a lot of money either, how can you expect to raise a baby with your pay" he said. O78wx7e.png "It's always about the money with you" Neyla had grown tired of hearing that excuse. Wally only said "well come on, you're asking for too much" x37xytl.png Neyla left the room, and eventually as night came she went to rest. By the time she woke up Wally was gone. Before heading to bed last night she sat outside, she had come to the realization that her relationship with Wally was coming to an end. Over the past months, it had taken a toll. She didn't want it to end, but she didn't want to waste time on a relationship that wasn't going anywhere. o92eIO2.png After work, Neyla went around town looking for any fliers in search of a new place. She needed a place she could fall back to, and preferably far away from Strangerville. There were many fliers but few of places to rent. Maybe she'll ask her coworkers if they know of anything. dvvuYO0.png Back home, Junior was giving the plants some company. He was unaware of what was going on with the grownups. nwn7XUQ.png Neyla and Wally exchanged few words, when it was time for dinner, Wally wouldn't even eat at the table. He glared at her when her back was turned. viY4DHM.png

Not long after, Neyla woke one day with a headache. She didn't have any buffs so I think she knew something was going to happen. apvorhd.png
    Neyla tried talking with Wally once more, but it was almost futile. The arguments continued. Wally wasn't changing his mind. bxpADpz.png Instead he just told Neyla, she was being needy. First it was the house being too small and now it was this. He was tired of it. sagzWrH.png When Neyla said he wasn't even considering it, he told her didn't have too. He told her if they had another baby, she would just ignore his son. sS5fscP.png Neyla told him he was being ridiculous. GJLLJta.png Wally didn't seem to care, he told her if she was going to continue, then she would be better off going back home to Henford. They both got up from the chairs on their own. Seems they both knew it would eventually come to this. dWGz8Zg.png The next morning Neyla left to work, she knew it was going to come to an end but she was still sad. Wally on the other hand, this jerk was happy as can be. livrTvf.png After dinner, Wally asked her when she was going to leave, what a guy. She just told him, soon. 1PAuKa1.png The next day she was off from work, so she hugged Junior goodbye, she didn't want to break the news to him, so she just hugged him tightly. She asked Wally earlier if she could keep in touch with Junior, but he told her it'd be best not to. TZ5N6lV.png She didn't want to return to Henford, that would just be embarrassing she thought. Thanks to some coworkers she was able to find an apartment in Evergreen Harbor. It was small but the rent was reasonable, it seemed like a good place to start over. qsW2WsP.png
  • Options
    BlueSeaWavesBlueSeaWaves Posts: 4,499 Member
    Neyla needed distractions to forget what happened. She explored Evergreen. It didn't take long to realize why things are cheap. It's a mess over here. She checked out the NAP board, it had alot of information to take in. It only confused her. lhu7s4j.png
    Another sim noticed her confusion, and asked if she recently moved there. He told her it's alot to take in at first but she would get used to it. IhH6hvi.png She told him she is new but wanted to know where things are. She was hoping to find a park or something, not this place. HCz5HI9.png She found out there wasn't a park in Evergreen, but Willow Creek was a quick train stop away and there was a big park there. He offered to take her if she was interested. She agreed but for another day. K3P279R.png Realizing they never told each other their names, she asked for his and introduced herself. His name is Cyril Rowan. JMU7XM6.png Cyril kept his word and showed Neyla the way to Willow Creek. He admitted to her, he had moved to Evergreen about a year ago but didn't really make any friends. Everyone was obsessed with NAPs and he wanted to meet someone who wasn't crazy about them. Neyla chuckled, she had many sims knocking on her door regarding NAPs. H1WqSZ1.png Cyril turned out to be good company. She learned he worked as a journalist and is currently working as a supervisor at a corporation. 1N38aSk.png She commented it must be stressful since he has some gray hair. He told her his gray hairs aren't from stress. So she asked if its from old age. He asked how old does she think he is, pretending to take offense. FXexpyD.png She laughed it off saying she didn't mean to offend but his gray hairs make him look older but not in a bad way. He wasn't offended but explained for some reason some members of his family get gray hairs earlier than most sims. He had some by the end of his teen years. HYitATc.png They went for a small walk and he asked her if she moved in alone or with someone. He was happy to hear it was just her, but kept it cool when she said she's quickly added she's looking for a relationship with anyone. She just had a bad experience and wanted some time and space for herself.8QUiYN5.png He offered her a drink at the food stand but she declined. While waiting for his drink he complimented her. CmGnbRH.png Before leaving they went roller skating. All Neyla could think was how did she let Cyril convince her to try out roller skating LXnjueu.png

Cyril had become Neyla's one and only friend at Evergreen. The two would regularly go to the park in Willow Creek together. He would flirt once in a while but she would just shrug it off. She still had memories of how Wally turned out to be, so she would rather not go through that again. She was still getting to know him too. 2wdEnyj.png
    Cyril was always winning in chess, she made it clear she was going to win eventually. So Cyril wanted to make things interesting. He said if she loses the next game, she has to go on a date with him. And if she wins, well no date. fgJ7Wyt.png She agreed, she was always losing but she had a good feeling. Cyril thought she looked cute thinking about her moves. b4pvlov.png Not long after the game began, Cyril started to say it looks like they're going to have a date tonight. IxGz1Pm.png She accepted defeat, it can't be too bad she thought. jD6KKTU.png Back home, Neyla really didn't want to go on a date with Cyril. She took a milk, honey and oatmeal soak bath to make herself feel better. Just her luck, while in the middle of her bath, the apartment building changed to a modern look! Ugh no privacy, time to get curtains too she thought. YpsyMQa.png I didn't know how this date was going to go, but I switched over to Cyril for it. They went to the bar in Evergreen and the air was bad over there. Immediately both got into bad moods. cUABN6f.png The date ended as soon as they stepped inside. Neyla apologized but said she felt uncomfortable and quickly left. Cyril just sat in disbelief. He shouted some words to himself. VfeUAYf.png He went back home, took a bath and thought, well that's how some things go. 5bjAnFo.png I went to check up on Neyla and was greeted with this little girl just standing at the elevator. She creeped me out so I just said nope and went back to Cyril :DMnGpE1o.png
  • Options
    edited March 2022
    I read your story out-of-order. My emails are such (I get a notification if I've starred a thread) that the new ones are always on top. But it's still a great story! Wally was a Class-A1 Jerk.

As for the second installment, I do wonder, myself who this mysterious child is. She looks a tad sinister. :open_mouth: I look forward to what's going to happen, next!
  • Options
    NightlyCoffeeNightlyCoffee Posts: 455 Member
    I started a new save with my favorite Sim. This time, he's an aspiring actor. He's currently living in a small, run-down trailer in Strangerville with his dog named Gary. Johnny has sent in a university application, and hopefully, he will be accepted into Britechester for a drama degree.

1ynV3cD.png

The Welcome Wagon showed up. Gary attacked the neighbors. I guess he found the fruitcake offensive.

MyaaD1g.png

Johnny flirted with one of the neighbors. His neighbor's wife didn't appreciate that at all. I think it's safe to say his neighbors will never visit again.

QhbJbgx.png
  • Options
    edited March 2022
    @NightlyCoffee Pfft, good for Johnny. Who would want to have neighbours over anyways, right :D

@haneul Yes, that is my sims' family tree :) It's almost three years old. Anyways, your wedding pics are really pretty. I especially adore the one before last, when the happy couple is standing from behind, holding hands. Sorry, I don't know how to say it in english :D And you know what I think it is for the best that it is without wedding stories, because if it was with them, there wouldn't maybe be any wedding happening at all, if you know what I mean. lol

@GalacticGal The tree decorating was very beautiful with a really nice atmosphere! And the date was really romantic, I was melting here, the promis rings exchnage, the passionate kiss. But what the heck was the simstagram thing? Why did you say you want to be the one to share YOUR news? Where are your good manners, Mr. Cantrell? I think it takes two to exchange promise rings, yes, it's a plural, dear Erik! I don't think Kayleigh appreciated it. Her face expressions say it all. I know, I know he meant paparrazzi, it just sounded weird in that particular context. I think he is a little bit awkward around her sometimes and I love that.

@BlueSeaWaves Oh no, I hope you can find some more time to play very soon. I don't know the backsory of your sims but so far the story is heartbreaking. I feel bad for Neya and for Junior. And I have to say Cyril doesn't really look like the best catch considering his toxic reaction to how the date ended. So good for her, honestly.
  • Options
    edited March 2022
    Four Chords to Destiny, an Erik Cantrell REBOOT

Nerves were frayed. Aaron, Erik, Joey, Brianna and even Adrian got antsy for the school year to come to a close. Seemed as if they would never make it to June. Spring finally rolled around, but it was a cold Spring, so it was easy to be fooled into thinking they were living in a protracted Winter. Erik did his best to ‘rally the troops’ so to speak. “What we all need is just a fun day of leisure. How about we play a rousing game or two or three of Foosball? Huh, whaddya say?” Aaron was all in, but the others turned him down. “Come on, it’s not as much fun with just two. Bree? I’ll call Kayleigh, too.”
    Aaron took a place across from Erik, while Kayleigh stood to his right, across from Brianna. "Ready, set, let the games begin!" Erik said, and dropped the ball into the playing field.
    Vx0i00l.png

With neither team willing to lose, it was an all out effort.
    KuUy1uH.png

While Aaron, Erik, and Brianna played Foosball, Joey attempted to soothe his stress away by doing a workout.
    VnkQiY3.png
    WIvli06.png
    "Oh, ow …"
    zY42LQL.png

Adrian also had his own unique way of dealing with all of the tension.
    a27yKeg.jpg

"Just remember, give it your best try."
    XRVDGqJ.jpg

Later, after being defeated, Erik decided to go the Spa to help himself out. He was anxious, as usual. Nominated for a third time, for Early Morning Mist, a particular favorite of his, he still had days to go before the Starlight Accolades Show. Again, he found the Paparazzi hanging out at the Spa. Nothing he could do about that, it was a public venue. No membership was required. What did bother him, however, was his latest Obsessed Fan followed him nearly everywhere he went, like a Stalker. Or a puppy, he couldn't decide which. Erik was actually surprised when he pulled back the curtain, he didn’t find him already in the tub, waiting for him!
    On this occasion, the Fan made a move on him. Erik pushed his hand away.
    LJUc2km.png
    When that wasn’t enough, Erik put his hands on the guy’s bare shoulders and gave him a good shove. “Off of me! I’m not into guys. Sorry. Besides, I have a girlfriend and she doesn’t like to share.”
    9CVLCnb.png

Erik continued writing music, held concerts and laid down tracks. He wanted to have three albums packaged and ready for release so that when they were at University, he remained relevant. In some ways he secretly wondered if this was why his father was so insistent he get a degree? The three Terms he would be away? Such absences were known to scuttle many a career. No, Dad is genuinely proud of my accomplishments He wouldn't do that
    awBsJT4.png
    H6smqBZ.png

As the Fans grew in number and some more bold than others Erik found himself increasingly wary. When a Paparazzi stormed the stage during one particular concert, he thought seriously about hiring a Body Guard. Nobody should have to live like this
    jBINWkk.png
    gtxjjld.jpg
    o1gkxRJ.jpg
    IXa2syw.jpg
    AguNnOL.jpg

“Kayleigh, I was wondering if you wanted to go on a date? There’s this nice, little eatery called the Kitchen Korner in NewCrest. I thought we could go out on Saturday morning. Get some breakfast. Talk. Yes, I know it’s Lent. They have some terrific Blueberry Bagels and they can make the macchiato with Almond milk. Okay, then I’ll be by to pick you up at 8 AM. See you tomorrow. Okay, bye.”
    “Well, this is it. What do you think?”
    “Has a nice atmosphere,” She said. “I like the yellow walls, gives the place a certain brightness. Cheerful. It’s cheerful.” She smiled.
    D0NJhoT.jpg

“So tell me more about your life as an Army Brat,” Erik smiled. “Where all have you been?”
    E5VTZ9P.jpg

“Okay, now I want to know just who Kayleigh is? What are your dreams? What do you want out of life? I’m serious. I’m beginning to have some really deep feelings about you. I want to know more about you.”
    "Here's our Server, I think we should order first."
    ZBfkxvI.jpg

“Well,” she began, “Tell me more about you."
    xPxUz64.jpg

“I asked your first. Besides all you have to do it pick up some Teen fan mag and you’ll know all about me. Seriously, I’m not just another pretty face on the cover. For each cover, there’s an in-depth interview. Ask away, I’m an open book. Or rather, a magazine.”
    “Your just too cute. Say the blessing?"
    N7d5shT.jpg

As more fans began to cluster around their table, Erik and Kayleigh got up from their seat. He took the time to sign a few autographs, all the while gauging how Kayleigh reacted to his divided attention. She seemed to take it well, to his delight.
    V3Szp28.jpg

"Kayleigh," Erik began, drawing her aside. "I'm really sorry about this."
    Kayleigh looked up at Erik, shyly, “You’re not going to break up with me, are you?”
    i6x7hjK.jpg
    “No, no, never,” he said. “I just wanted to say I admire how well you reacted to all of my fans invading our 'space;. And to let you know I see you as my Best Friend. Forever.”
    AQT3l8z.jpg

Erik felt a presence next to him as he stood in the Nave of the church. Glancing down, he reached over and discreetly held Kayleigh’s hand. They exchanged brief smiles at each other and returned their attention to the service at hand. After Coffee Hour, in which Erik did his best to spread himself around, greeting family and friends, enjoying the regular very strong coffee, he invited Kayleigh to spend part of the afternoon with him. The day was a glorious Spring day, the weather warm, but not hot. Light clothing, sandal weather. The two talked for quite some time. “What time is it,” She asked.
    “Oh, man, it’s after four!”
    “Four, don’t you have to get ready for tonight?”
    “Yes, let me walk you to the door,” he said.
    “I love you, I truly love you,” Erik said, leaning in to kiss her goodbye.
    uq2a6cY.png

"And it gives me great pleasure to announce the winner of tonight's Best Song. Get ready. Early Morning Mist, music and lyrics written by …Erik Cantrell!"
    Smiling, Erik stood up and made his way over to receive his Accolade. "This is incredible. I can't believe this. Thank you."
    yoHeqfj.png

Thank you!
    5PveqSY.png

"If I don't stop this, I'll be dubbed Cry Baby," he half-laughed. "Really, I never expected this. And I'm so very grateful."
    920bAEb.png

"I want to thank my record label, Taygeta Studios, Orion Entertainment, Limited, for giving me the freedom to write and perform my music the way I hear it in my head. To all of my fans who support me and have supported me along the way. Thank you!"
    tkYIeDA.png

"Good night, Everybody."
    CCecqFv.png

One more to come. Thanks for reading. :)
    Post edited by GalacticGal on
  • Options
    edited March 2022
    Too Hot To Handle, an Erik Cantrell REBOOT

Once again the weather proved to be psycho. Warm one day and snow the next. Erik went out back to shoot some hoops. Just an hour ago, his sweat shorts and shirt were adequate, despite the snow on the ground. He shot a few hoops and actually made the basket once or twice before he decided it was getting too cold. When you hear your knees knocking, it's time to go in. Upon going inside, he checked the load of laundry he started. His mother had just a few simple rules. Each of her children had to learn how to do their own laundry. Erik knew she was getting them ready for college life where it would be incumbent on them to see to their own clothing. He walked over to the laundry room and listened by putting his ear to the door. All was quiet. Going in, he checked the clothing in the dryer. They weren’t dry, to his dismay. Feeling a bit tired, he hoped to just fold and put away, so he could get to bed. Not my luck tonight, he sighed to himself. Punching in the time and heat level, he started the machine. Moments later, he was fully aware something just wasn’t right!
    Erik was unaware sparks could jump like that. It grabbed the seat of his shorts.
    “Somebody, please. HE-LP. Help Me. Fire, FIRE”
    qqoXUY2.jpg

As he felt the flame licking at his body, Erik began to think this was his end.
    aQ8Qoyw.jpg

“Help me, HELP. ANYBODY” At long last, his cries were heard. Erik grabbed his overcoat from a hook inside the laundry room donned it and proceeded to run outside.
    lIupwTf.jpg

For the first time this season he was grateful for the snow on the ground. Falling backwards in it he let the cold soothe his charred flesh.
    “Oh, that’s better. That’s better.”
    MrLBiTO.jpg

When he got up again, he gazed at the snow angel he had created, then realized his true angel had a hand in rescuing him. He took a moment to text Kayleigh to let her know he was all right.
    T0xLItQ.jpg

Then he went upstairs to shower away the char.
    4WH69Ut.jpg

Sunday night, Erik walked gingerly in his new red suit. He took the end chair on the second row, which by happenstance had become his. “Tonight’s Winner of Best Song for his Movie Score, Collision is Erik Cantrell!”

Erik walked oh so slowly. Taking up the award, he smirked.
    PkceBkB.jpg

“I’m wearing red tonight because as it turns out, I’m too hot to handle. No, I’m jesting, but I did catch myself on fire. Almost became a crispy critter. One thing I’ve learned about doing laundry. Always, always, always clean out the lint trap.”
    3UIZuCD.jpg
    RK1PZsX.jpg

“I’m particularly excited about this win. I was so honored to be asked to compose the soundtrack for the outstanding movie, Collision. In doing so, I was able to watch the rushes, what a great movie this is. Full of Action, mystery, romance. I do believe it’s got it all.”
    15m9rIc.jpg

“It’s one of my greatest achievements. This was just so much fun.”
    MUnb5yu.jpg

“This project really helped me grow as an Artist. Thank you to the Director, Chandler Calling, the Producers, Robert Redfox, Hugo Turner, for giving me this chance.”

“Thank you for this very special honor. And there’s the music, Good night, Everybody!”
    tyIVFqV.jpg

All caught up, phew! Thanks for reading.:) Have to start playing my game like crazy to continue this. :)
  • Options
    Thank you @DoloresGrey Yeah, it was a tad awkward for him to be talking about his Simstagram. bit he is just a Teen boy, after all. Fine way for the parents to all find out they're an item, no? Run, Erik, Run! LOL Kayleigh does pull some interesting faces I have noticed. I have so much fun with these two. So glad you enjoyed it. :)
  • Options
    edited March 2022
    Dorota.jpg
    Mum said I could name "our" new kittens before they leave for their new home.
    Cow now lives with my aunt.
    10-3-2022-9-14-15.png
    Rooster didn't move too far.
    10-3-2022-9-14-46.png

Cat trouble
    My neighbours have him! So anytime I visit Bobby Newbie to play with him I can give Rooster some cuddles.
    10-3-2022-9-27-18.png
    Later that day when we were making dinner together my mum told me very casually that one of our cats was missing. I was very sad but she wasn't. It seemed like she didn't even care.
    10-3-2022-9-33-14.png
    I was very sad and very angry. I spent the rest of that day in my bedroom doing some cross-stiching. I couldn't really focus on that so I sticked the needle in my thumbs many times. Ouch!
    10-3-2022-9-48-45.png
    I was so worried about Míca that I just had to cuddle all of my cats and then I cried myself to sleep.
    10-3-2022-9-49-55.png

Hasty decision
    In the morning I milked Old Crow. I am keeping the milk so I can drink it whenever I am hungry. I decided to run away from home and from my careless mother! My mum doesn't miss Míca and I am sure she will not miss me either. I will show her!
    10-3-2022-9-55-38.png
    I hugged Old Crow for the last time ever and I left forever.
    10-3-2022-9-54-21.png
    After school I met my friends at a park. I told Bobby what happened and I asked him if he could stay with me. He said he couldn't because his parents need help with their new baby and around the house. Oh, how I wish I had a father and siblings.
    10-3-2022-10-10-55.png
    The sun went down already and I was very scared and hungry. I didn't have any milk with me because I shared with my friends.
    10-3-2022-10-13-38.png
    After a while my mum gave me a call. She was very angry with me and she ordered me to come home immediately.
    10-3-2022-10-14-25.png
    So I came home and my naughty run-away cat greeted me!
    10-3-2022-10-16-09.png

Cat's tail catching on fire :D
    On Friday I celebrated my birthday.
    10-3-2022-10-28-36.png
    I might be older but my passion for animals stayed.
    10-3-2022-10-46-29.png
    Post edited by DoloresGrey on
  • Options
    xanhduongbavuongxanhduongbavuong Posts: 6 New Member
    I am sad because my Master Chef aspiration sim can not find Chef job. There's only Mixtologist job available and I can not do anything :((
  • Options
    StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    So many adorable shots, @DoloresGrey. Never thought I'd say this, but even the chicken cuddle is pretty adorable. :lol:
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • Options
    @xanhduongbavuong Was your sim in the mixologist branch before? Because if they were then unfortunatelly you can not pick the chef branch. Maybe it is cheat-able but I am not sure. It doesn't make any sense, right.
  • Options
    DuckyQueenDuckyQueen Posts: 342 Member
    edited March 2022

Fledermaus Park
    Lan is still exploring her new neighborhood. She’s been wanting to check out the little park next door, Fledermaus Park (i whipped it up a few weeks ago) yAmG2o3.png
    Lan loves cute little animals. She had so much fun talking to the little birds lnERoJ5.png
    And even managed to pet a bunny DFmb2h7.png

If you look in the back of the picture with the bunny the dog is GLITCHING
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,961 Member
    @sarabeth2984 Thank you :)
    All right, two questions...

lnERoJ5.png
    It's called Fledermaus Park and she is talking about a bat (fledermaus)... How did she know??

as @YellowLady above noted, how come no mention of whatever scary thing is going on with the dog (?) above or behind the stump?

Clearly there is more to this park than meets the eye.

@haneul Completely beautiful wedding! Your sims are always so elegant <3

@BlueSeaWaves Good for Neyla!! It will be hard at first figuring out her new life but she is so much better off.
    I hope she gets to see the little boy again somehow. She may be the best thing in his life.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top