Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What Happened In Your Game Today?

Comments

• GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,552 Member
    Metior_Ice wrote: »
    Things aren't going as planned for making an update, but I did catch Zeph wearing his own outfit that I didn't give him again. :D

They can be so stubborn, and Self-Willed those Sims of ours. :open_mouth: If you use MCCC there is a way to blacklist the outfit.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Metior_IceMetior_Ice Posts: 3,103 Member
    edited March 2022
    Here are a couple teasers for my next update. I apologize for the irregular updates, I've had a lot going on. Specifically, midterms, major papers, and etc. Life has been fun.

Link to the Story thread:

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/18078302/#Comment_18078302

Extras:

Helios's expression while his wife gets abducted is priceless. He's half alien, so it's not like he doesn't know anything about abductions. he's probably the one that used the telescope.

51940110981_609052a921_b.jpg
    Zeph decided that this was a better outfit for the Night Club than the one I gave him.

51940110996_72a6e5b9d9_b.jpg

Toddlers have a cute animation inside their play tent when they go to sleep!

51918993174_86c1c7e091_c.jpg

I caught Dylan and Zeph fishing together. It's rare to see them in one place together because one usually leaves the lot when the other arrives. I think it has something to do with them looking the same and the game trying to "help" me tell the difference. I swear, they thought about leaving.

51919283065_56b0163c01_b.jpg

51918762013_03f0b4c3bb_b.jpg
    edited March 2022
    Things aren't going as planned for making an update, but I did catch Zeph wearing his own outfit that I didn't give him again. :D

They can be so stubborn, and Self-Willed those Sims of ours. :open_mouth: If you use MCCC there is a way to blacklist the outfit.

@GalacticGal

I can't use mods because I play on the console, but that's great advice. However, Zeph picks outfits that aren't terrible, so it seems he has good fashion sense.
    Honestly, the fact that Zeph can pull off his own outfits is another annoying yet awesome quality he has. His brother doesn't have the same fashion sense when tries to choose his own outfits. He's only tried once and gave up. lol 😂
  • manicobsessivemanicobsessive Posts: 1,111 Member
    @sarabeth2984 Thank you. Erik walked away discouraged, but not defeated. :) Ten more Sim days until they are both YAs. I would be closer but I fell ill with stomach flu yesterday which forced me to quit playing for the day. :open_mouth:

Hope you're feeling better now @GalacticGal :)
    @sarabeth2984 Thank you. Erik walked away discouraged, but not defeated. :) Ten more Sim days until they are both YAs. I would be closer but I fell ill with stomach flu yesterday which forced me to quit playing for the day. :open_mouth:

Hope you're feeling better now @GalacticGal :)

Thank you. Still a tad wobbly, but not hurting so much. I should be able to play and very thankful, that so far there's not Patch awaiting. Phew!
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php

@GalacticGal

I can't use mods because I play on the console, but that's great advice. However, Zeph picks outfits that aren't terrible, so it seems he has good fashion sense.

Oh, I'm sorry, I had no idea.
  • DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    edited March 2022
    @sarabeth2984
    I was very disappointed witht the stupid love guru. He had potential. Loser! Lan swept it nicely with him. I am sorry if this doesn't make any sense, I actually had to use translator *insert awkward emoji*
    I really love the contrast between Lan and Myron. He is a big tough looking guy while Lan is a little, fragile flower. They are very cute together. I love the picture that follows when Myron said yes to being bf and gf. The one where Lan is looking down. It's too cute I am melting here.
    The handcuffs conversation was too funny :D Does Lan know Myron is a former detective? Maybe Myron kept some handcuffs :D Oh, and does she know about the whole spellcaster thing and about his very interesting job? Ew, that picture of his but in the goop puddle :D Poor Myron.
    Lol at his repario fail facepalm :D Also, Professor Fen was probably turning in his gra...I mean urn. I don't think he imagined his house was going to be set on fire. I bet he popped out to scold Lan. And that weird young man, with unholy tattoos and even piercings, and very suspicious job.
    Lol at Lan in her new bathroom. She doesn't look like she is enjoying it much :D At least the fire didn't destroy the new kitchen! I love the reno, Lan's new bedroom is extremely nice, it looks very cheerful.
    Oh no, it's too long, I had to put it in the spoiler.
    Post edited by DoloresGrey on
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • Lucy_HenleyLucy_Henley Posts: 2,968 Member
    The new patch means I have to wait and see what mods are affected and update them if needs be. I was going to play today, but I guess I’ll have to wait for a few days or so.
  • DaepheneDaephene Posts: 1,760 Member
    @DoloresGrey @YellowLady @Metior_Ice @GalacticGal @sarabeth2984 Thank you!

I will have an update on the Snowy Escape play eventually. Right now I am watching the patch download. I'm going to go play with an old save that predates my use of mods so it won't change my game if they're not active. Also that would be the best save to try out the new neighborhood stories with because I only have one active household there. I think I'm going to move that family to Henford because they were getting boring and that should give them plenty of new stuff to do.

@GalacticGal

Oh, I'm sorry, I had no idea.

@GalacticGal You said nothing wrong, so no need to apologize. There are mods that I want, but mods aren't compatible with the console.

Because people created mods for some things, I'm hopeful that they make some of them a feature in the game.

One mod that I really want is the one that gives children a merform.

I use cheats to make up for the absence of mods.
    On a side note, I think my twins, especially the identical ones, have a tendency to wear different outfits I don't give them. I've gad a lot of twins, and they typically do that more than any other sim.
  • MindofyMindofy Posts: 313 Member
    Oh boy, where do I start?😂 Let's just say, the new story progression is boss.
    I made a new sim. Found him a partner, and she died before they could get married. He got sad, I checked and saw someone had died, and it was her. So, I found him another partner. The day before he was going to try and date her, she calls and says she has a crush on his friend, does he think she and said friend should date? I picked yes. She called back to say they were in love and now they're married.
    My poor sim. 😂
    While this was going on, the neighbors were getting married, moving around, adopting kids and pets, having their own children.
    The Delgados have twins and 2 dogs.
    Brent left Brett.
    Vlad has a dog in a dragon suit.
    Judith has a son.
    The Bailey-Moon household have another son and a daughter.
    Catalina has adopted 2 more cats.
    The Scotts have a baby boy.
    The Watson dad died.
    Mooney has a dog.
    Like....I can go on and on. 😂😂
    On a side note, I think my twins, especially the identical ones, have a tendency to wear different outfits I don't give them. I've gad a lot of twins, and they typically do that more than any other sim.

You have to understand the psychology of Identical Twins, in particular. While they have different personalities, and they definitely have their own fingerprints, what they seek is to be seen as their own person, not just as so-and-so's twin. Hence the different outfits. :)
  • kkira555kkira555 Posts: 102 Member
    So, courtesy of the health redux mod, my family's twin children have both developed allergies. Anzu is now allergic to their dog and Daisuke has seasonal allergies.
    Okay, so I'm going to start playing my game in just a few minutes. MCCC has a hotfix, which I've installed. And SimRealist cleared their mods. Yay. I will continue to play with the broken RTF, since it's been broken for awhile. I just won't play my other Erik Cantrell save, for now. Cheers!
  • Lucy_HenleyLucy_Henley Posts: 2,968 Member
    Thankfully the mods I use mostly seem to be OK. MCCC has an update but that’s pretty standard. Not sure about the KawaiiStacie Education System Bundle so I’ll have to check it.
  • HillyBethHillyBeth Posts: 3,505 Member
    I've been quiet because I've been playing. My sims are both now Spellcasters and they're having a baby! I haven't had fun with Spellcasters in a while <3
    51942070433_3831a99aa5_k.jpg
    51942306039_6ccda368d1_k.jpg
    51942305684_ef407d3e22_k.jpg
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
    P.A.C.E- Positive Attitude Changes Everything

You have to understand the psychology of Identical Twins, in particular. While they have different personalities, and they definitely have their own fingerprints, what they seek is to be seen as their own person, not just as so-and-so's twin. Hence the different outfits. :)

@GalacticGal I do feel like Dylan and Zeph are very different from each other in spite of their identical appearance.

As brothers, they are particularly close. They've been best friends since childhood.

However, I don't think they would want someone to forget that they are individuals.
  • spend4zenspend4zen Posts: 244 Member
    One day when I have nothing to do and just want to sit and read I am going to read this entire thread because I am now going to become a regular contributor. Yesterday, Flower Bunny called My cell phone while I was in the Garden and asked if He should ask Summer Holiday ( who I briefly met once) out on date. I said sure I think that would be great. Flower bunny called later and said it went wonderful and He is in love.
    BTW.. How in the world do you post images on here? I have never heard of using a image url.
    edited March 2022
    spend4zen wrote: »
    One day when I have nothing to do and just want to sit and read I am going to read this entire thread because I am now going to become a regular contributor. Yesterday, Flower Bunny called My cell phone while I was in the Garden and asked if He should ask Summer Holiday ( who I briefly met once) out on date. I said sure I think that would be great. Flower bunny called later and said it went wonderful and He is in love.
    BTW.. How in the world do you post images on here? I have never heard of using a image url.

You will need to setup a third party hosting site. I use imjur, myself. It's easy to transfer pictures from your game to that site. I tend to crop mine, first and save them as a jpeg. Then slide and drop them into my imjur image folder on their site. There are other sites, but I like this one.
    Post edited by GalacticGal on
  • haneulhaneul Posts: 1,953 Member
    @GalacticGal I hope you're feeling fully recovered now. Are Erik and Kayleigh enjoying wine with their meal as high schoolers? I enjoyed how a comment about nuanced flavor is followed with "Um, yes, it's very good." That's cute. When I was young and quizzed on wines at school in a class, it was clear that no one knew anything. Anyway, I'm glad to see that they've met and are official now. I also like how Erik somehow fits chores into his schedule (I hope he never catches on fire again).
    @BlueSeaWaves Not sure why Neyla wanted to try for a baby with Wally. :( He was awful and he never seemed to be a decent father to the child he did have. I'm glad she didn't. Cyril seems promising and I really want Neyla to find someone decent (and not NAP obsessed), but I don't have any confidence in Cyril yet. Hopefully, we'll learn about how he's incredibly great later. <3 I always love your updates.
    @DoloresGrey I love how there's a male friend (Bobby Newbie) who she's comfortable around and who she hung out with and that she realized her kind of boyfriend wasn't right for her. I'm hoping your Sims win the fair next time! Then, victory should be yours/theirs! :D Also, thank you for the comments about the wedding pictures I posted.
    @sarabeth2984 I love how Lan goes for Myron on her own. She's great. She's not afraid to ask risque questions, either. And he seems totally crazy for her too. <3 I'm glad neither died in the fire. The renovated rooms look great, but I'm not sure how I feel about that doll on the bed. Haha. It fits perfectly, but it's kind of scary. And thank you for the comments about Dysis' wedding. Asher likes to socialize (even though he's busy), so he's always roaming around to see what his family members are up and sometimes, he's sweet.
    @Metior_Ice Good luck with your midterms if you still have some remaining! Helios' smirk in your preview is hilarious.
    @NightlyCoffee That poor neighbor with the fruitcake really had a rough time, but maybe it's for the best--perhaps there was something wrong and too strange about that fruitcake.
    @Daephene Happy late birthday! I hope you're enjoying Snowy Escape.

--
    Fier Legacy <3 (Money and Music)
    Intro & Past Posts in Spoiler
    INTRO
    CFRyVIZ.jpg
    The Fiers are a vampire family led by an arrogant and socially awkward megalomaniac named Asher who, among other things, hopes to have 100 children. As of now, he's had 17. The youngest five (minus #17) recently became young adults and are discovering the perks of university, so Asher's ready to move on from the life he's built with them in Sulani. Even though everyone is into pursuing an eco lifestyle and protecting the environment and even though Asher employed some draconian conservation policies while working as a top-level conservationist, he's done with that kind of tiny living stuff and had a (gaudy flamboyant) palace built in San Myshuno, where he recently relocated his family and where he intends to raise the next generation of his children.

Learn more about the Fiers?
    Past posts are linked and indexed on my blog.

Money was tighter. Earlier, while trying to encourage environmentally conscious behavior, the government glitched its system for assessing amounts owed for utilities and taxes. It had finally fixed that and the Fiers’ newer, higher, accurately assessed bills were in.
    2WsU7IT.jpg

The main Fier home was the size of a small palace, so bills would likely always be over 50,000 simoleons despite the various solar panels, wind turbines, and dew collectors on the property. Adelise was looking into improving the power/water situation, though, and hoped to make the home self-sufficient in terms of those utilities.
    xuhfEWo.jpg
    Y56Pypk.jpg

Recently, the family had also spent hundreds of thousands of simoleons on graduation gifts, home renovations, apartment furnishings, etc. for the 4 young adults who had just moved out. They were even considering building another home in Mt. Komorebi.

Regardless, Asher remained confident in his ability to generate income. He wasn’t going to stop enjoying one of his hobbies because there were more expenses.

In his mind, he was a 🐸🐸🐸🐸 who would always be rich. He and his wife had built his family’s wealth from almost nothing and no one could ever accomplish what he was currently accomplishing. He could burn his money by the 10,000s and not be bothered at all, so he luxuriated in his sense of superiority by setting bills aflame. Asher also reasoned that he was combatting inflation.
    07PCuqe.jpg
    z9Vv2Lr.jpg

For the record, no one else in the family witnessed that. In fact, Adelise was inside with Elmire discussing the work that went into housekeeping and good financial practices.
    1ybHj29.jpg
    1lSfHqK.jpg

Anyway, when Asher returned from playing with fire and intentionally damaging the family’s financial health, he helped Elmire race through her homework and then joined her at the piano. He also contributed to the housekeeping by placing dirty dishes in the dishwasher. Despite his destructive hobbies, he wasn’t actually trying to sabotage himself or his family.
    8UYFbAZ.jpg
    li1QreU.jpg
    3ZuNwSb.jpg

Elmire had been invited to perform at a small talent showcase that was being hosted at a local lounge. The family wanted to check it out.

Elmire intended to play a concerto she’d been working on while also going to school, drawing, playing outside, conducting her musical experiments, etc. For a child, she was shockingly good at the piano. To many, she had the appearance of someone whose parents forced her to relentlessly drill scales and various finger exercises while practicing 7-10 hours a day every single day without exceptions, but her life wasn’t like that. She put a few hours of intelligent and intense practice in daily, mostly concentrating on playing what she liked and while her father gave mostly helpful feedback, and then she did other things.

The venue was small and Asher was okay with small, but he wasn’t okay with some of those who were performing. They stunk and he wouldn’t pretend otherwise. The accidental out-of-tuneness and off-beatness were intolerable. It went without saying that, by absolutely any metric, his youngest child was much better.
    DIm20DZ.jpg
    d7qeDUM.jpg

Elmire didn’t mind the others. She was just excited for her first public performance.
    tqoaYGj.jpg
    ulqwovW.jpg
    xdoPRma.jpg

She was shocked by how much she loved performing. She got to meet a new piano that was sweeter and less sensitive than Cocoa (even though Cocoa had Elmire’s heart, of course). She also got to play something fast, fun, and joyful that everyone seemed to enjoy. One man even tipped her! And she met a girl (actually her relative) who loved music and they became fast friends.
    sQj9yNi.jpg

Elmire hoped to perform again and again and again… She was already thinking about things she wanted to improve and other things she wanted to try. Music wasn’t magical in the way that she had originally thought, but there was definitely a certain magic to it, because she was developing another voice through music that was expressive and powerful, even without words.

At any rate, she wasn’t the only one in the family who performed. Deli played her guitar. Adelise sang.
    WgrGzpv.jpg
    OlFTlTK.jpg

Unfortunately, their bills have only gone up… and I don't cheat or like objects like money trees, so I've leveled up when it comes to learning how to generate money in-game. :)
    @haneul Yes, for some odd reason, Teens are allowed to imbibe the juice! LOL Perhaps the age is set lower in the Sims world?
  • mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,876 Member
    I started the supervillain scenario with Eliza Pancakes :)

Eliza had had it with Bob. Between being drooled on by Iggy, and Bob leaving slobly puddles everywhere, she was done with taking care of two children at once... the adult child was particularly offensive.

Come to think of it, the actual child kind of drove her crazy too.

So she left them, and moved out to Windenburg, ready for something new.

start.png

She was able to bring a few of her nice things with her, including her beautiful pink bed, but not everything... and the house cost absolutely everything she had. With zero simoleons to her name, she signed up for a job with a Secret Agency.
    It was Sunday though. She was hungry, sad, and hadn't had her first day of work yet. Fortunately an understanding bartender took pity on her.
    chips.png
    "Please never mention to anyone that you had to do this for me," Eliza begged the bartender.

Eliza had always aspired to climb higher in society, and now that she was rid of that embarrassing Bob, she felt confident and free to do it. Some of her old jogging buddies invited her into their club.
    club-invite.png

They were very understanding of her complaints about the divorce
    club-help.png

Especially a handsome fellow who, it was rumored, owned a big and beautiful home in which he lived as an eligible widower.
    club-jacques.png

Eliza appreciated big beautiful homes.
    club-jacques2.png

Perhaps she could come to appreciate the owner of one.

He called with a deeply personal question one evening shortly after they met. Eliza's heart pounded.
    "I think I have a crush on...
    ...Julia Wright."

crush1.png

"Who?"
    Jacques told Eliza a little bit about her.
    "A university student? At your age?" asked Eliza. She hoped the edge in her voice sounded playful and not mean.
    Jacques hung up.

Things looked brighter after Eliza's first promotion.
    promoted.png

And she suddenly came into an inheritance from a peculiar-sounding relative who had specified what to do if she asked whether there were conditions... so she splurged on a beautiful sculpture for her garden
    sculpture.png

There aren't actually any plants in the garden yet. But the sculpture looks very fancy.

Fortunately there is a food stand in the plaza right outside her house. She isn't ready to admit that life without Bob's cooking might be a little bit harder
    food-stand.png

Fortunately, Julia wasn't willing to give an old man the time of day.
    crush2.png

Eliza was. She invited Jacques over. She didn't come on too strong but she made him feel welcome. She learned that he was a Genius, and kind of Childish at heart. (One more big kid? Maybe a big kid with a big house is another matter...)
    visit-shower.png
    I wonder what his other trait could be?

Tomorrow is Harvestfest. Eliza plans to put on her best dress and impress Jacques with her cooking. And drop by and perhaps get a peek at that house. Oh, and learn to cook. Better add that to the list.

story thread here
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/998375/eliza-pancakes-supervillain#latest
  • aparkisonaparkison Posts: 135 Member
    edited March 2022
    I've never seen one of my played Sims or Townies walking around town with a book before?! Not to mention in the middle of the night! I grabbed this while I was waiting for time to pass as my Sims were sleeping.

dpgROcM.jpg

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top