Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

CELEBRATE BIG BRAZILIAN CARNAVAL ENERGY WITH PABLLO VITTAR

1235...Next

Comments

• Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,881 Member
    Oh, no thank you. Have fun everybody, this one is NOT for me. :)

Thank you! 2 more days. :)
  • Options
    GrimlyFiendishGrimlyFiendish Posts: 718 Member
    Nice outfits, but I wish they'd stop with this "Celeb xy inspires the bland masses to express themselves, yay for the celeb who frees the minds of the otherwise lost" marketing already.

This! Thank you!

You know around the turn of the 19th century, give or take a decade, Mary Wollstonecraft had written one of the first 'proto-feminist' manifestos, "A Vindication of the Rights of Woman"; Percy Bysshe Shelley was scandalising polite society with his radical social and political views & rapidly climbing the romanticist poetry ranks; Mary Shelley was authoring Frankenstein; John Keats was writing some of the most beautiful verse ever committed to paper by pen; the Romanticist movement itself was having ripples of impact across the world, even down to modern times. Fast forward to the Belle Epoque & you have umpteen dozen new art movements being spawned all over the place; the birth of modern dance, experimentation in music and composition, rapid advances of technology for the time; numerous social and political movements (Suffragettes anyone?); etc, etc. And then there's us, here, right now, in 2022 & we've got influencers, & internet personalities, and hey look at all those followers, and that sweet corporate money that just keeps on flowing into a shallow pool of nothing.
    Occult Simmer (All Occult All The Time)

Female Simmer from Australia (she/her)

I had one of my Sims marry the Grim Reaper & now they have a lot of kids.

• Options
    bevillebeville Posts: 1,151 Member
    edited February 2022
    Some of these outfits will be cute for my teens that likes to party hard. Also can I have the guy in the green outfit upload to the gallery please 🥰🥰😍
    Post edited by beville on
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited February 2022
    Another pack I won't be buying. My first look at these outfits and it dawned on me, where have I seen all this stuff before? Well, in TS2. TS2 is full of fishnet tops and hose/leggings and short crop tops. They are the very reason I started creating custom content for my TS2 Sims back in the day (not very good creator back then) so I could have some average, regular clothing in the game. I can't tell you how sick and tired I got of Maxis only producing crop tops and flashy clothes that a lot of my Sims would not wear if they were real people because some of it wouldn't fit their personalities. I think this pack should have been in a decades pack because this is the very style Maxis used over and over in TS2. :/ And here we are again..no thanks. So, now it's sold as carnival clothing...funny it wasn't considered carnival clothing for most of the CAS in TS2.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    Cinebar wrote: »
    Another pack I won't be buying.

I don't think anyone's surprised. 😄 Kits are niche and won't appeal to everyone.
  • Options
    ignominiusrexignominiusrex Posts: 2,680 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    Another pack I won't be buying. My first look at these outfits and it dawned on me, where have I seen all this stuff before? Well, in TS2. TS2 is full of fishnet tops and hose/leggings and short crop tops. They are the very reason I started creating custom content for my TS2 Sims back in the day (not very good creator back then) so I could have some average, regular clothing in the game. I can't tell you how sick and tired I got of Maxis only producing crop tops and flashy clothes that a lot of my Sims would not wear if they were real people because some of it wouldn't fit their personalities. I think this pack should have been in a decades pack because this is the very style Maxis used over and over in TS2. :/ And here we are again..no thanks. So, now it's sold as carnival clothing...funny it wasn't considered carnival clothing for most of the CAS in TS2.

I have to agree with you there, im terms of sometimes being tired of everything being so extreme in clothing options. That's one thing that feels like a breath of fresh air in sims3: seems like they purposely stuck more to apparel that wouldn't look dated instantly, so when I go into that game, it's not jarring. I prefer not to have clothing be the focus of my game: it's there, but as long as it fulfills the general personality of a sim without sticking out horribly, and I don't have to notice it to the exclusion of all else, I'm happy just playing the game.

That is hard to achieve in sims4 for any women sims because their choices are 90% things that would be comical on anyone over 25, and/or things so fad-forward they were out as soon as they were in. Well the men's clothes have way too much of ridiculous fad clothing too, but at least there's a limited core wardrobe of ordinary-joe options whereas women don't have much to work with if they want to be ordinary janes rather than walk around in statement pieces that wear out the eye fast.

If only sims3 hair didn't look like plastic lego people hair badly dry-brushed with tempera paints.
    You can call me Iggy or Rex (he/him) 10 ways to Fight Hate
    ```
    wonderfullymade.jpg
  • Options
    Releasing today!
  • Options
    OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    It's not out yet? Dang I was expecting it to be out by now since it's already the afternoon for me
  • Options
    EA_CadeEA_Cade Posts: 7,336 EA Community Manager
    Releasing today!

Looks like someone needs to create a screenshot thread 👀👀
    Found a Bug? Let us know here. Having a technical issue with your game? Reach out to us here. 9alz5vu73pb0.png
  • Options
    Zimz4Zimz4 Posts: 354 Member
    Dear Team Maxis,
    jhkfGYP.jpg
    I have actually asked for a fishnet shirt. I have asked for a fishnet shirt in surveys. And I have asked for fishnet shirts in the forums. You finally make one for the game... yet you still manage to plumbob it up and disappoint me. I asked for one for my male/masculine/men sims. And you come up with a shirt that has a tube bra underneath :'( ? Now I get this is the The Sims 4 Trans Kit (which is fine, you could have perfectly named it for what it is instead of what it isn't based on comments I've read from people who are from Brazil) not intended for binary people who aren't neutral in their gender whatsoever (me, but then again these kits are marketed as niche, intentionally produced to not to be bought by everyone) but is there any chance to get a fishnet shirt similar like the one from this kit but without that thing ruining a perfectly good male chest please?
    Like these:
    ahvupUZ.jpg
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    Zimz4 wrote: »
    Dear Team Maxis,
    jhkfGYP.jpg
    I have actually asked for a fishnet shirt. I have asked for a fishnet shirt in surveys. And I have asked for fishnet shirts in the forums. You finally make one for the game... yet you still manage to plumbob it up and disappoint me. I asked for one for my male/masculine/men sims. And you come up with a shirt that has a tube bra underneath :'( ? Now I get this is the The Sims 4 Trans Kit (which is fine, you could have perfectly named it for what it is instead of what it isn't based on comments I've read from people who are from Brazil) not intended for binary people who aren't neutral in their gender whatsoever (me, but then again these kits are marketed as niche, intentionally produced to not to be bought by everyone) but is there any chance to get a fishnet shirt similar like the one from this kit but without that thing ruining a perfectly good male chest please?
    Like these:
    ahvupUZ.jpg

I don't think that's a tube bra, it doesn't cover female boobs in a way that offers support, there is a lot of underboob shown. I think it's supposed to be some kind of binding cloth.
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    I have one of my female sims wearing the new fishnet top in black as a ooh la la sleepwear. ;)
  • Options
    ImSandsImSands Posts: 332 Member
    Just bought, downloaded and installed the Kit. I love love love the colourful outfits. Please @EA_Cade can you guys upload the carnaval kit promo Sims esp Pabllo to the Gallery??
  • Options
    StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    edited February 2022
    If you use CC, Theuso has released the mesh top with the strap of cloth removed: https://theusosroomcc.tumblr.com/post/675223933312696320/mesh-shirt-no-strap-base-game-compatible

bb28bc85aa11407a2c66a5ed332758505734020b.png

I was grateful to see it as an available download this morning because it saves me the trouble of doing it myself. :)
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • Options
    Zimz4Zimz4 Posts: 354 Member
    edited February 2022
    Stormkeep wrote: »
    If you use CC, Theuso has released the mesh top with the strap of cloth removed:

I was grateful to see it as an available download this morning because it saves me the trouble of doing it myself. :)

Thank you for posting this and I'm sure this is useful for anyone who uses CC, but I don't. It makes me even more disappointed at Team Maxis that a modder can do this right in less than a day, that it's out there but if you choose to keep your game Maxis releases/product only (mainly to avoid potentially damaging your game or getting stuck with cc that doesn't get updated) it's still not available, and console players are still left out. It should have been a no-brainer for team maxis to have that shirt not have that strap of cloth when worn by a male sim :(.

Also, looking at the image in your post, seven years of no body hair... or are we on eight years now? Team Maxis always goes on about inclusiveness, being able to express your sims self, representing all the different kinds of players... but when has the sims become so man-unfriendly? We always get the least amount of clothing as well (no that meanswear kit doesn't count - it still got a whole lot of female clothing shoehorned in somehow). I've seen a comment in another thread where someone stated they mainly play male sims and were pretty happy with the CAS assets for male sims in this carnaval streetwear kit. How? I guess you can be pretty happy about the individual assets, but come on, there are only 6 (+ that glittery crop top I have difficulty placing as a masculine fashion choice) out of the 26 (that's twentysix!) total new assets. :/
    Post edited by Zimz4 on
  • Options
    BlueR0seBlueR0se Posts: 1,595 Member
    As much as the tube patch (or bra, but idk if it constitutes as a bra honestly) is awkward looking, I imagine it's more comfortable to wear vs having your "mosquito bites" occasionally getting caught in the mesh.

They probably wanted the tube as a means to allow both frames to be able to wear the shirt (and given that it's a kit where the $$$ is valued more on the CAS items it makes sense you want to maximize the amount of sims that can use each item to justify the price).

I believe it was in the IL pack we got our first "open shirt" shirt and I believe it is specifically disabled for female framed sims (because I guess that would be a bit too provocative to have some just hanging out like that). So if they took out the tube than it would have to be for masculine framed sims exclusively.

YMMV if this was a good decision, but imo it's not that much different vs if it didn't have the tube. And the pack really isn't a "trans pack." Like a lot more effort was put in to allowing each item to be wearable across different type of frames (altho it's not perfect, but I noticed it's much better) but imo that should be a basic standard for most if not all CAS items. Or at least ones where they're released in kits where the CAS is 100% the main feature and nothing else.
  • Options
    GreylingGreyling Posts: 163 Member
    Stormkeep wrote: »
    Greyling wrote: »

You could also just click the x where it says “female” in CAS and it’ll be available as a clothing option - unless of course taking it through the Sims 4 Studio will help soften the way the fabric is molded to complement the female shape. It just seems that currently even though you can use a crop top assigned for men on a female sim and it looks ok, it does ever so slightly become jagged around the chest area when view from the side instead of having a softer more rounded shape.

Yah, changing it with S4S doesn't alter the mesh or anything, only which category filter it shows up under. The only incentives to make the change would be to save the step of having to change filters every time.
    If I think an outfit should be tagged as "feminine" or "masculine" and the filter isn't set accordingly I will make an override so that is, because I don't make a habit of changing the default feminine/masculine filters and I'd want it to show up where I would expect it to.

I'm anticipating some talented folks will probably do some gender-swapping cc with actual adjustments to better suit the frame of female/male for several of the outfits in this pack once it comes out.

Ah yes, I can see how this can be quite handy if it’s something you plan on using a lot 👍😊