Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

CELEBRATE BIG BRAZILIAN CARNAVAL ENERGY WITH PABLLO VITTAR

Comments

• Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,449 Member
    That black mesh male top is everything. 🥰 I really like the second eyeshadow look and can always use new necklaces that aren't girly and full of gems. That male sleeveless button down shirt has a lot of potential if it comes in solid colors and for some reason I really like the other one that ties too. The sequined top is hella sexy and will go well with the Paranormal wardrobe and of course I love the long, beachy Mermaid dress. That's like, their formal wear. 😁

All in all I think there's some great items in this that I can get creative with.
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    BlueR0seBlueR0se Posts: 1,595 Member
    Disappointed no actual masks when the initial roadmap leak/promotion featured an icon with a mask.
  • Options
    KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,383 Member
    edited January 2022
    I'm not overly excited about this kit, but at least some of the outfits are wearable, especially when it's hot weather. I can see some of my Sims wearing them while partying in Selvadorada bars & clubs and doing some hot Latin dance moves.
    Some of the clothes look like something we already have though, just different colors, patterns and fabrics, but it seems to be always so in Sims 4. I will just spend few Euros on this while I'm waiting for the game pack and hoping for the best (that it won't be only just a wedding pack).
  • Options
    haisinhaisin Posts: 948 Member
    I wasn't excited when I saw the promotion pictures, but now that I see the list of all items in the kit I'm a bit tempted. There are some pretty swatches. The sequin dress and the sequin bikini with skirt are very tempting and I kinda like the fishnet tops too. The makeup could be nice if it's similar to Luxury Party makeup, but it seems it doesn't glimmer that much? I could be wrong though. I'm unsure whether the sequins glimmer either.
  • Options
    BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    LiELF wrote: »
    *Runs in without shoes on, donning ridiculous black and silver dragonscale sequined ensemble.*

Did someone say "Carnaval"? I didn't miss it did I?

*Peers intently at clothing styles.*

I think I see a great potential Mermaid dress! Love some of the shorts, and other pieces are kind of cute. Not bad at all. Does anything come in black?

yea I see a few "mermaid" like pieces myself.
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • Options
    IsharellIsharell Posts: 1,158 Member
    LiELF wrote: »
    Isharell wrote: »
    Nice outfits, but I wish they'd stop with this "Celeb xy inspires the bland masses to express themselves, yay for the celeb who frees the minds of the otherwise lost" marketing already.

Agreed. No disrespectful to anyone who likes influencers, celebrity or otherwise, but it's a trend that baffles me. I wouldn't even know where to start with such things, and I don't think is really to my taste. I don't have or want any of the kits at present but there are other subjects that would fit my game much better, for example history or fantasy.

Oh, hey, a historical or fantasy (or sci-fi) kit would be my dream. Any era - heck, a pack for every era would be welcome (medieval, Roman, Greek, 1920's, Victorian...). I would buy that so fast my fingers would hurt from hitting the keyboard so hard.

Same! But of course, I'm hoping content like that will come in larger packs down the line.

Oh, yes, I'd prefer larger packs, but I am desperate for some Historical/Fantastical/ScienceFictional Sims, here! I am greedy, I want mooooore stuuuuuffff!
  • Options
    IsharellIsharell Posts: 1,158 Member
    Onverser wrote: »
    Someone posted the items in the kit on twitter so I wanted to share it here :)

FKDUIKi-VIAAbdbx.jpg

Personally I've been negative about this pack from the start (and kits as a whole) but looking at the items... Honestly, I might cave and buy a kit :D I love tropical stuff, Island Living is my favorite pack and I always play in Sulani and love the clothes that come with that pack, and all of this stuff just looks like it would mesh perfectly. Especially want these items for my sims:

favs.png

OMG OMG OMG So many cute things! So many colors! I love the 2nd eye makeup and the earring and necklace. Those mesh tops, and short shorts...new fingernails (I am so glad we have fingernails now). Not wild about the sunglasses but everything else screams I muuuuuuuust have this pack!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    julienrob2004julienrob2004 Posts: 4,174 Member
    Sorry but there is already much better CC clothing out there , I would hate seeing my townies wandering round town dressed in these , just like the last menswear kit pack where they decided they want skirts for men ,
    We all know how horrendous townies look in a lot of their clothing bad mish mash of mixes
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    edited January 2022
    As a cc user my townies are already MESSED UP😂😂😂 like you can't imagine. I fight so hard to ignore them because it's out of control. And the cc accessories allow them to take it next level weird. So throwing this in the mix wouldn't make me a difference. I see some cute stuff in here for my serial clubbers. I'll bite. 😏
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    It's relatively quick and painless using S4S to go through and tag CC as not being available for random outfits to prevent townies from showing up wearing it. It's only slightly more effort, but still quite easy, to make overrides for anything that EA/Maxis puts out for which you also want it tagged as not available for random.

This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,896 Member
    Hi @Stormkeep how do we mark EA/Maxis items not available for random? Honestly that's the main thing preventing me from getting Island Living and a couple of the kits.

• Options
    edited January 2022
    Hi @Stormkeep how do we mark EA/Maxis items not available for random? Honestly that's the main thing preventing me from getting Island Living and a couple of the kits.
    1. From the main S4S screen Select "Override" under the CAS heading, then click the CAS button.
    2. At that point a selection screen will come up showing all of the CAS items in the game. Find the item you want to have disabled for Random and select it. Make sure you select all of the swatch options for the item selected for all swatches which you want to be unavailable for random outfits.
    3. Give your new package file a name.
    4. At that point you're inside the edit window where you can make changes to the defaults. On the right hand side scroll down to the "part flags" checkboxes and un-select the box for "Allow for Random".
    5. Click the box for "Apply to all swatches".
    6. Save it and move the file you made into your Mods directory if that isn't where you saved it in the first place.

Congratulations, you have just made your first CAS override mod. Once you've done that, you may start to poke around a bit in S4S and realize it's also super easy to make additional color and pattern swatch options for yourself if you want.
    From the numbered list above it may seem more daunting than it really is, it only takes about 10 seconds to do the whole process for each CAS item.

If you use MCCC you can also just blacklist things through that. It's easier and faster then making overrides and documentation on how to do it is on the MCCC page.
  • Options
    Chris_McSimsChris_McSims Posts: 120 Member
    I promised myself to not buy kits, but I really like these clothes and their vibes, and also claws. But I do think they kinda jumped in the Euphoria hype with this style ahah
  • Options
    Maria82Maria82 Posts: 52 Member
    edited January 2022
    I think this kit has some great items in it (especially those earrings!), and I really love the colors. <3 And even though the outfits on townies can be terribly matched, they can also be great for a laugh. I'm kind of looking forward to seeing the new looks. :D
  • Options
    EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    BlueR0se wrote: »
    Disappointed no actual masks when the initial roadmap leak/promotion featured an icon with a mask.

They stated in the Inside Maxis stream that we'll be getting a mask patched in as part of this series of Carnaval content drops.
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,896 Member
    Wow thanks @Stormkeep !

• Options
    ignominiusrexignominiusrex Posts: 2,680 Member
    bixters wrote: »
    Isharell wrote: »
    Nice outfits, but I wish they'd stop with this "Celeb xy inspires the bland masses to express themselves, yay for the celeb who frees the minds of the otherwise lost" marketing already.

Agreed. No disrespectful to anyone who likes influencers, celebrity or otherwise, but it's a trend that baffles me. I wouldn't even know where to start with such things, and I don't think is really to my taste. I don't have or want any of the kits at present but there are other subjects that would fit my game much better, for example history or fantasy.

Oh, hey, a historical or fantasy (or sci-fi) kit would be my dream. Any era - heck, a pack for every era would be welcome (medieval, Roman, Greek, 1920's, Victorian...). I would buy that so fast my fingers would hurt from hitting the keyboard so hard.

What about a Queen Victoria celebrity collab?
    Prudery and lace are the latest hits. Bustles and crinolines for day. Top hats to top them all. Slay Queen (but don't slay too hard, you might faint from over overlaced corset). And don't you dare enjoy woohoo, just lay there and think of Simland.

The Crumplebottoms would approve.

you know you're onto something there!
    We all know Agnes was deeply into the stern upbraidings, chastisements, and light canings.
    logion wrote: »
    I wondered who Pabllo Vittar was so I googled it and looked at the images.

I wish I hadn't.

I think they look very good.

I agree: and she's 6 foot fricken 2?! Imagine THAT in 6 inch heels! Amazonian Goddess!
    You can call me Iggy or Rex (he/him) 10 ways to Fight Hate
    ```
    wonderfullymade.jpg
  • Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,022 Member
    Drag queens... We're getting closer to dragons.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Options
    RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    I have to admit, if someone had said that all of those pictures were items we already have, I would have believed it.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Options
    BlueR0seBlueR0se Posts: 1,595 Member
    EmmaVane wrote: »
    BlueR0se wrote: »

They stated in the Inside Maxis stream that we'll be getting a mask patched in as part of this series of Carnaval content drops.

Ah, thank you! Hope we get some for most if not all life stages (sans toddlers maybe).
  • Options
    SallycutecatSallycutecat Posts: 269 Member
    Onverser wrote: »
    Someone posted the items in the kit on twitter so I wanted to share it here :)

FKDUIKi-VIAAbdbx.jpg

Personally I've been negative about this pack from the start (and kits as a whole) but looking at the items... Honestly, I might cave and buy a kit :D I love tropical stuff, Island Living is my favorite pack and I always play in Sulani and love the clothes that come with that pack, and all of this stuff just looks like it would mesh perfectly. Especially want these items for my sims:

favs.png

Yes, that stuff does look very tropical and would go well with the Island Living clothes. The long dress would look great on my mermaid Sims and the sequin dress and the eye shadow would make great party wear. This kit has items I really like and if I did get it it would be my first kit, but the marketing seems to be too focused on what looks like cross dressing which is not my thing. Now that I can see what is for male and female Sims (it was very hard to tell from the promotion images) I am glad the top with the beads is for female Sims, but I also liked the pink sparkly top and it is disappointing to see it's for male Sims. I find it very irritating when companies market the sparkly, girly items for cross dressers and not for females. I would need to see more swatches of the items before I can make a decision on whether to get the Kit and if they made that pink top available for female Sims then I probably would get it.
    Please check out my YouTube Channel. I cover features from The Sims 4 game.
    https://youtube.com/channel/UCaj9o4hycNSPy8U1Ip0OCFA/videos
  • Options
    I find it very irritating when companies market the sparkly, girly items for cross dressers and not for females. I would need to see more swatches of the items before I can make a decision on whether to get the Kit and if they made that pink top available for female Sims then I probably would get it.

You can quickly and easily change it yourself to tag it as feminine apparel following pretty much the same steps that I outlined above for changing something to mark it as not-available-for-random. I agree with you that it isn't ideal that we would even have to do that, but it's only about 10 seconds of effort to make the change ourselves.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,585 Member
    Oh, no thank you. Have fun everybody, this one is NOT for me. :)
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    GreylingGreyling Posts: 163 Member
    Stormkeep wrote: »
    I find it very irritating when companies market the sparkly, girly items for cross dressers and not for females. I would need to see more swatches of the items before I can make a decision on whether to get the Kit and if they made that pink top available for female Sims then I probably would get it.

You can quickly and easily change it yourself to tag it as feminine apparel following pretty much the same steps that I outlined above for changing something to mark it as not-available-for-random. I agree with you that it isn't ideal that we would even have to do that, but it's only about 10 seconds of effort to make the change ourselves.

You could also just click the x where it says “female” in CAS and it’ll be available as a clothing option - unless of course taking it through the Sims 4 Studio will help soften the way the fabric is molded to complement the female shape. It just seems that currently even though you can use a crop top assigned for men on a female sim and it looks ok, it does ever so slightly become jagged around the chest area when view from the side instead of having a softer more rounded shape.

Also I had the impression from the initially leaked image that the striped crop top would also be available for the male frame, but it seems that it is only female 🧐
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    Greyling wrote: »

You could also just click the x where it says “female” in CAS and it’ll be available as a clothing option - unless of course taking it through the Sims 4 Studio will help soften the way the fabric is molded to complement the female shape. It just seems that currently even though you can use a crop top assigned for men on a female sim and it looks ok, it does ever so slightly become jagged around the chest area when view from the side instead of having a softer more rounded shape.

Yah, changing it with S4S doesn't alter the mesh or anything, only which category filter it shows up under. The only incentives to make the change would be to save the step of having to change filters every time.
    If I think an outfit should be tagged as "feminine" or "masculine" and the filter isn't set accordingly I will make an override so that is, because I don't make a habit of changing the default feminine/masculine filters and I'd want it to show up where I would expect it to.

I'm anticipating some talented folks will probably do some gender-swapping cc with actual adjustments to better suit the frame of female/male for several of the outfits in this pack once it comes out.