Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Scenarios: ideas and feedback from the community

Ok so in today's livestream the gurus did a sneak peak for a new feature coming to the game in the next update. The next update is said to be coming next week and there will also be a blog post coming on Friday that should tell us more about this feature since they only gave us a sneak peak so far.

So I think it would be a good idea to have thread on ideas of what kind of scenarios people would want and how they would like to see the feature implemented. It looks like this feature will be something the team will be adding on to so there will be more scenarios in the future.
Check out my twitter and tumblr

Comments

• Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,233 Member
    edited October 2021
    Scenario seems to be an Aspiration with a starting point like Create a Sim Stories.

I don't know how to improve it because the most of my ideas turn it into a RPG drama by defining a social environment/context.
  • Options
    kaiwrysimskaiwrysims Posts: 1,532 Member
    Scenario seems to be an Aspiration with a starting point like Create a Sim Stories.

I don't know how to improve it because the most of my ideas turn it into a RPG drama by defining a social environment.

Yeah people were talking about sims 2 story mode but idk how that works because I never played sims 2. But so far I can just think about story ideas but also adds some challenge that people can't do themselves.

Like for example scenarios that make relationship gain or skill gain more difficult. I'm sure a lot of people have more creative ideas than me lol.
  • Options
    Unusual events specific to the scenario could be the difference.

Because anybody can assign §0 to any household.
  • Options
    Unusual events specific to the scenario could be the difference.

Because anybody can assign §0 to any household.

Yeah the scenario they showed was very basic but it will probably be one of the most used ones. But I'm interested to see the other ones. They only said the names for the other 3. One is finding love after heartbreak and the other is something to do with toddlers. I wonder if they will add scenarios related to expansions...

For DU - start a semester with failing grades, you made a bad Impress on your professors and they will grade you more harshly,

CoL - your farm lot has bad soil and your crops will need more care, you start off with sick animals and they will produce less

Cats and Dogs - your pets came from a rescue and have bad habits that will make them harder to care for

That's all I can think about for now.
  • Options
    SnaveXsSnaveXs Posts: 4,322 Member
    I'm trying to figure out why the scenario's just couldn't be part of the new Lot Challenges feature.
  • Options
    SnaveXs wrote: »
    I'm trying to figure out why the scenario's just couldn't be part of the new Lot Challenges feature.

I think because it's not just related to a lot it's related to a sim. Maybe more than one sim in a household can have a scenario active at the same time
  • Options
    edited October 2021
    Yeah people were talking about sims 2 story mode but idk how that works because I never played sims 2.

In fact I was talking about CAS Story feature in TS4.

SnaveXs wrote: »

Because it changes the household settings, it's a "Household Challenge".

Maybe it's an in-game version of the Legacy Challenge forum.
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories/the-sims-4-stories-and-legacies
  • Options
    Incacore_LlamaIncacore_Llama Posts: 22 Member
    edited October 2021
    Amnesia Challenge:

This sims lose all skills at the end of a period of time, maybe 3 days?

The scenario would involve doing things like getting to the top of a profession, producing master piece, and so on.

Diamond in the rough:

In this scenario the sim starts with all the worst traits of the parenting values stuff. Challenges would be making friends maybe? Doing well in general?

No pants:

For seasons. The vengeance of the removed trait meant to contrast the never nude trait of Sims 3. This sim will only ever wear their underwear or be nude, no option to wear winter wear at all. You also start at the end of fall, with winter approaching and with the season durations set to the maximum.
  • Options
    Sim did badly at their last job and has a hard time finding jobs and keeping them because of their reputation. I guess they will have to keep a job for a certain amount of time. With an increased chance of getting fired. So your sim has to do more to keep their job than they normally would have to.
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,963 Member
    edited October 2021
    Well I touched upon this in other thread but i do wish they would expand the concept and make it more like how in sims 2 when you entered household they had whole scenario/ situation going on

like bella is missing marry cassandra to don dina tryna marry mortimer and so forth where its like more about lore of specific household than random achievement

OR then theres also Get A Life mode from ps2 games we could do in this way
    (starts at 2:40)
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=g3uJ12g4rP4

you get the idea after couple minutes though no need to watch it all :lol:

but basically like idk id like it to be a little more extra about things in that way where it makes things a little more dramatic and actual scenario like

oh or how in sims medieval theres those quest things thats another example of what they could do with scenario

theres lots of potential but im just worried it ends up like aspirations/ achievements with just unconnected goals
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    SnaveXsSnaveXs Posts: 4,322 Member
    OK, I have a scenario. How about the "Marry, Woohoo or Kill" game. You have to pick between 3 randomly generated sims who to marry, woohoo or kill. The grim reaper would appear for whoever you decide to kill.
  • Options
    Another idea: Love triangle scenario

Your sim is in a love triangle with two other sims. Your sim either has to pick one sim to pursue a relationship with or compete with another sim to win the heart of a sim.

This would be fun, kind of like harvest moon (maybe stardew valley, I haven't played that much) where you have potential towns people you can marry but you are also in competition with other people and certain decisions you make will bring you closer or drive your competition closer to your target.
  • Options
    ArarineArarine Posts: 252 Member
    Scenario isn't add any new gameplay more than you got satified point when you complete that. I think they just lack of new creative idea. Fan challegn is enough for me.
    Wish more Recipe/harvestable/woodwork/craftableWish live in businessWish more interactive between sims and activityWish a lot of refresh and Better resize pleaseWish for another colour upgrade swatchWish for pool sliderFix the bug please
  • Options
    SthenastiaSthenastia Posts: 651 Member
    edited October 2021
    To be honest I was disappointed yesterday after the stream because EA didn't show anything interesting but I think that we can talk about the new feature possibilities. In my opinion SDX can be a nice way to implement some CC or a new small content especially for noCC / console players. I'm curious what kind of things implemented this way you would like to see in your game. I would like to ask CC players to be respectful for noCC/console customers.

On my wishlist is some of CC content made by creators which was collaboration in the past with EA.

Brownstone Kitchen Set

ae428f7545612a4b460304d4f67418097055d1c5.jpg

Livin' Rum

cedcaf8868e9a3ea3e8706e04ff0f065e80d1338.gifv

Halcyon Kitchen

544d7d590cdd03b0e6bd800d0421fb53a3de6bb8.jpg

Wall panelling I

tumblr_piztg5n9kZ1s4yxajo1_1280.png

Wall panelling II

tumblr_phwwfqS3il1s4yxajo1_1280.png

[url=https://peacemaker-ic.tumblr.com/post/100959080819/here-is-my-classic-wall-set-for-ts4-now-you-see[/url]Solid walls

tumblr_ndzp2zYqkY1s4yxajo1_1280.png

Wood Flooring

tumblr_ns4tgur9sJ1s4yxajo1_1280.png

tumblr_ns4tgur9sJ1s4yxajo7_1280.png

Window additions

tumblr_o88dyuUTsb1s4yxajo1_1280.png

Hudson Bathroom

Hudson-Cover.png

Hairstyles made by Grimcookies

c2f2e1ad4cd7837322971a7daf1e68fab999335d.png

Post edited by EA_Cade on
  • Options
    GameBoy2936GameBoy2936 Posts: 30 Member
    I really wanted something else other than this. Anyway my personal favorite (havent tried it yet but it looks great) is the Alphabet Challenge where you name each of your babies a letter in the alphabet, and you have 26 babies total (over multiple generations), from A to Z.

The other one would be even better - Around the World challenge, where you create someone from your home country, and then you try to create new NPCs (or find them on the gallery, try mine, Jolasim or SakuraLeon's galleries) and marry them. This one is versatile, because you can set goals to marry and have offspring as many countries as you desire. So for example, I want to achieve 10 countries over 10 generations. Here's my route: Australia (gen 1) → Mexico → Brazil → France → Sweden → Morocco → Madagascar → India → Japan → Thailand → Australia (gen 10). I think this might make things even more fun! But first, we need country preferences in CAS so that we can set countries to a Sim so that we know where in the real world they come from.
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,529 Member
    I was just thinking there need to be a thread for scenario ideas.
    You've already done it! :)

I'll copy over my idea from the general forum:
    CK213 wrote: »
    I wouldn't mind a danger and drama scenario where random events could happen to your sim's household.
    This way EA could add more excitement to the game, but it would only affect your game if you activated it.

It could be a mix of chance cards, unique moodlets, animated sim to sim, or environmental situations, dialogue pop-ups specifically telling you what one sim is saying to another sim, automatic game set ups that we usually have to use cheats to make happen, and a few unique objects as things to be used in the scenario, or as rewards.

Now that I could go for, not a simple UI text-based goal and minor game set ups.

There are so many things they could do.
    I hope they can expand on the Money scenario by adding chance cards that offer risk/reward scenarios.
    You sim could invest in opportunities that could turn out to be a Pozi scheme, or be an actual successful enterprise.

Ooh... they could create a curiosity shop that could randomly populate itself with objects with unknown attributes and effects.
    You buy a monkey's paw and it brings you constant good luck. Someone buys a different monkey's paw and it brings them bad luck.
    You could buy some object that just looks interesting and them someone drops by and offers you a lot of money for it, or someone breaks into your house to steal it. You can fight them and get it back, and then you get a pop-up suggesting you research the object and find out more about it and it leads you on a mini adventure.

There could be all kings of objects that generate fun little scenarios.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    I was just thinking there need to be a thread for scenario ideas.
    You've already done it! :)

I'll copy over my idea from the general forum:
    I wouldn't mind a danger and drama scenario where random events could happen to your sim's household.
    This way EA could add more excitement to the game, but it would only affect your game if you activated it.

It could be a mix of chance cards, unique moodlets, animated sim to sim, or environmental situations, dialogue pop-ups specifically telling you what one sim is saying to another sim, automatic game set ups that we usually have to use cheats to make happen, and a few unique objects as things to be used in the scenario, or as rewards.

Now that I could go for, not a simple UI text-based goal and minor game set ups.

There are so many things they could do.
    I hope they can expand on the Money scenario by adding chance cards that offer risk/reward scenarios.
    You sim could invest in opportunities that could turn out to be a Pozi scheme, or be an actual successful enterprise.

Ooh... they could create a curiosity shop that could randomly populate itself with objects with unknown attributes and effects.
    You buy a monkey's paw and it brings you constant good luck. Someone buys a different monkey's paw and it brings them bad luck.
    You could buy some object that just looks interesting and them someone drops by and offers you a lot of money for it, or someone breaks into your house to steal it. You can fight them and get it back, and then you get a pop-up suggesting you research the object and find out more about it and it leads you on a mini adventure.

There could be all kings of objects that generate fun little scenarios.

Yeah I think scenarios have a lot of potential if they did it like this. Like when Duck mentioned you can get to 1 million by stealing I was thinking that maybe they made the kleptomanic trait more interesting and fleshed out.
  • Options
    temporalgodtemporalgod Posts: 800 Member
    edited October 2021
    What about a serial killer scenario, I mean who here haven't murdered their sims before, am I right, add in a fear emotion when a sim sees their neighbors drowning in your pool.
  • Options
    keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    edited October 2021
    I hate this whole scenario idea.

First, it is coming out half-baked. Hey guys we are adding this new feature but oh you cant use it on an existing at the moment. Like what? Fix it and and then release it. We have enough in the game NOT WORKING.
    Two, so many people are already doing rags to riches. Do we really need an in game million dollar calculator.
    Three, what is the reward for completing these scenarios...just to say I did it??

This development time could have been utilized to make traits more meaningful, tweaking life styles, memory system of important events, attraction system, favorites, DANCING FACE TO FACE, adding more social events like BBQs\pool parties, I am just not getting the excitement around this. I hope I am wrong.
  • Options
    Occult hunter scenario:

Your occult sim is being hunted and have to be more cautious about revealing themselves to human sims and showing their supernatural abilities in public.

Outcomes -

Your sim is caught and turned human.

Your sim is caught and killed (I doubt they would do this but I would prefer this).

Your sim conceals themselves long enough to avoid suspicions and is no longer being hunted.

Your sim convinces enough of the human population to accept occult sims that the hunter can no longer hunt you.

Your sim befriends the hunter and convinces them that occult sims are good.
  • Options
    Trouble in paradise scenario:

Your sims have had problems in their marriage and are not on terms with each other. Will you be able to save their relationship? Or will it all fall apart?

Outcomes -

- Your couple works out their differences and are now back on good terms.

- Your couple still has a bad relationship with each other but they somehow found a way to tolerate each other.

- One of your sims found love elsewhere and decides to move on.

- One of your sims found love elsewhere but continues the relationship in hopes that their partner won't find out.

- Your couple decides to split up and go their separate ways.

I got this idea because earlier I was playing a couple in Mt.K and one sim had a bad day at work and that turned into him and his gf losing their friendship. Trying my best to repair their relationship, I made it worst and now they are in the negative. I might have to have them break up but they also have a baby.

I think this scenario would be interesting for people that want to start playing a household that's kind of in shambles and they have to fix it.
  • Options
    AncientMuseAncientMuse Posts: 1,062 Member
    edited October 2021
    I'm not one for playing out scenarios/challenges but I certainly wouldn't turn my nose up at a good ol' murder mystery... ie: Who killed Guidry? Was it Colonel Mustard in the library with the candlestick? :D

Or how about a scavenger hunt or an easter egg hunt (limited time scenario)? Your sim has to travel around to all the different worlds/neighbourhoods trying to find as many 'eggs' as possible. The more you find, the bigger the prize. But you only have a certain timeframe to find as many as possible before time runs out.
    My Gallery ID: AncientMuse2
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." ~ Mark Twain
  • Options
    I'm not one for playing out scenarios/challenges but I certainly wouldn't turn my nose up at a good ol' murder mystery... ie: Who killed Guidry? Was it Colonel Mustard in the library with the candlestick? :D

Or how about a scavenger hunt or an easter egg hunt (limited time scenario)? Your sim has to travel around to all the different worlds/neighbourhoods trying to find as many 'eggs' as possible. The more you find, the bigger the prize. But you only have a certain timeframe to find as many as possible before time runs out.

Oh that's interesting.
  • Options
    Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    edited October 2021
    As good as this thread can be, I honnestly don't think they care or even consider improving this system. Just like the likes & dislikes.
    Lu4ERme.gif