Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Scenarios: ideas and feedback from the community

2...Next

Comments

• DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,353 Member
    edited October 2021
    I'm not going to try to work out any specific scenario with specific outcomes and starting points until I see them in action and get a feel for how they work (I plan on starting a save specifically for trying Scenarios after the update)

That said, I have always wanted to try a "lost Lenore" vampire save, where you play a vampire and fall in love with a human, and then they die and you find them again generations later, but I think that might require a bit more back end programming than Scenarios are set up to handle at least at the moment.

(At the moment, it requires mods that control NPC generation which I don't currently have installed and I don't enjoy playing vampires that much anyway.)
  • kaiwrysimskaiwrysims Posts: 1,532 Member
    Tomorrow is the patch! I am curious to see how these scenarios work for other people as I don't think I'll be able to try them out myself.
    Check out my twitter and tumblr
    kaiwrysims wrote: »
    Trouble in paradise scenario:

Your sims have had problems in their marriage and are not on terms with each other. Will you be able to save their relationship? Or will it all fall apart?

Outcomes -

- Your couple works out their differences and are now back on good terms.

- Your couple still has a bad relationship with each other but they somehow found a way to tolerate each other.

- One of your sims found love elsewhere and decides to move on.

- One of your sims found love elsewhere but continues the relationship in hopes that their partner won't find out.

- Your couple decides to split up and go their separate ways.

I got this idea because earlier I was playing a couple in Mt.K and one sim had a bad day at work and that turned into him and his gf losing their friendship. Trying my best to repair their relationship, I made it worst and now they are in the negative. I might have to have them break up but they also have a baby.

I think this scenario would be interesting for people that want to start playing a household that's kind of in shambles and they have to fix it.

So the finding love after breakup scenario is very similar to this. Except that the sims don't start out together and instead are broken up.

Someone had pointed out that the scenarios don't seem to have an outcome where you fail. So if your sim is not able to meet the goal then they fail and maybe they could lose aspiration points and get a negative moodlet.

The finding love one seem to be difficult for other people (I haven't updated yet) but finding love with a random sim that you haven't broken up with seems to have the same level of difficulty. Which is none at all. Would be interesting to see if we get an attraction system and how that would affect this scenario. Plus I think scenarios where your sim starts out in a bad situation with another sim is pretty interesting.

I just hope they can add some scenarios that involve a sim we can't control. Though I can see how that would be difficult for the game to recognize the sim you want. But I'm hoping that feature is possible as I think it would be a lot more interesting. Especially if they add the ability for npcs to automatically break up, propose, etc. And then also add the ability for other sims to "interfere" with the scenario. Maybe you have to compete with another npc to win another sim's heart.
  • temporalgodtemporalgod Posts: 800 Member
    Trouble in paradise scenario:

Your sims have had problems in their marriage and are not on terms with each other. Will you be able to save their relationship? Or will it all fall apart?

Outcomes -

- Your couple works out their differences and are now back on good terms.

- Your couple still has a bad relationship with each other but they somehow found a way to tolerate each other.

- One of your sims found love elsewhere and decides to move on.

- One of your sims found love elsewhere but continues the relationship in hopes that their partner won't find out.

- Your couple decides to split up and go their separate ways.

I got this idea because earlier I was playing a couple in Mt.K and one sim had a bad day at work and that turned into him and his gf losing their friendship. Trying my best to repair their relationship, I made it worst and now they are in the negative. I might have to have them break up but they also have a baby.

I think this scenario would be interesting for people that want to start playing a household that's kind of in shambles and they have to fix it.

So the finding love after breakup scenario is very similar to this. Except that the sims don't start out together and instead are broken up.

Someone had pointed out that the scenarios don't seem to have an outcome where you fail. So if your sim is not able to meet the goal then they fail and maybe they could lose aspiration points and get a negative moodlet.

The finding love one seem to be difficult for other people (I haven't updated yet) but finding love with a random sim that you haven't broken up with seems to have the same level of difficulty. Which is none at all. Would be interesting to see if we get an attraction system and how that would affect this scenario. Plus I think scenarios where your sim starts out in a bad situation with another sim is pretty interesting.

I just hope they can add some scenarios that involve a sim we can't control. Though I can see how that would be difficult for the game to recognize the sim you want. But I'm hoping that feature is possible as I think it would be a lot more interesting. Especially if they add the ability for npcs to automatically break up, propose, etc. And then also add the ability for other sims to "interfere" with the scenario. Maybe you have to compete with another npc to win another sim's heart.

Make Malcolm Landgraab the enemy in every scenario, since he is the irredeemable villain of the series, all that's left is to age him up.
    I like the idea of scenarios that make npcs act a certain way but idk if it will be possible.

I've also seen someone on Tumblr saying we should have something devastating like a house fire happen during the making money scenario that makes your sim lose money. I think it would be cool if a burglary could happen also. Maybe your sim tries and a get rich quick pyramid scheme and either earns money or loses some. With the romance related scenario. A sim could also have random events happen.

But here's some more ideas that could involve npcs and make it a lot more interesting.

And they were roommates scenario:

Another romance scenario. You live with the person but you can't control them because they are a roommate. This sim will make moves on your sim and the outcomes could be that they become romantically involved, they stay "just friends", your sim finds a new roommate because of the awkward relationship.

Trouble with the in laws:

Your sim's spouse have overbearing and controlling parents and that causes friction with your sim's relationship with them. They will visit your house frequently and make not so nice comments, and try to control your household and relationship. The outcomes could be that your couple works it out with the parents, your sim's spouse gets a negative relationship with their parents in their attempt to set boundaries, your spouse's parents eventually causes the couple to split up.
    I like the idea of scenarios that make npcs act a certain way but idk if it will be possible.

I've also seen someone on Tumblr saying we should have something devastating like a house fire happen during the making money scenario that makes your sim lose money. I think it would be cool if a burglary could happen also. Maybe your sim tries and a get rich quick pyramid scheme and either earns money or loses some. With the romance related scenario. A sim could also have random events happen.

But here's some more ideas that could involve npcs and make it a lot more interesting.

And they were roommates scenario:

Another romance scenario. You live with the person but you can't control them because they are a roommate. This sim will make moves on your sim and the outcomes could be that they become romantically involved, they stay "just friends", your sim finds a new roommate because of the awkward relationship.

Trouble with the in laws:

Your sim's spouse have overbearing and controlling parents and that causes friction with your sim's relationship with them. They will visit your house frequently and make not so nice comments, and try to control your household and relationship. The outcomes could be that your couple works it out with the parents, your sim's spouse gets a negative relationship with their parents in their attempt to set boundaries, your spouse's parents eventually causes the couple to split up.

Haunted house scenario, What if your Roommate was a Ghost sim?
    edited November 2021
    Dracula Scenario, your SO starts an affair with a Vampire sim that you must slay, poor Jonathan Harker, his fiancée literally ditched him for a corpse.
    Dracula Scenario, your SO starts an affair with a Vampire sim that you must slay, poor Jonathan Harker, his fiancée literally ditched him for a corpse.

Lol yeah. Imagine if sims could murder other sims. An outcome could be your sim murders another sim and ends up in jail
  • Alice1260Alice1260 Posts: 1 New Member
    We all agree that games like medieval sims or sims castaway stories are very loved ... and I think that much of it is due to individualism, our character is the only one that can be controlled.

I would like in the sims 4:

Being born as a baby and having fully autonomous parents and family (as are roommates) largely influenced by their own traits, being breastfed by your own mother, raised by your parents, socializing with your siblings, than your parents on their own initiative impose curfews ... get married and that our partner is also autonomous and may even give us some surprises (such as infidelity when we are at work) ... take care of our children and ask us for permission to go out to play with friends, watch them grow up, find a partner and have grandchildren ...
    In short, I would like a game mode where we only control one sim and the rest is totally autonomous, frankly I got tired of it always being a pure empty stage where we must create stories with our imagination ... I would like dynamics of autonomy impose a story on us and avoid taking care of several sims and making decisions for them when they do not interest me at all.

I just wanted to share this idea to see if I am right in the head because I have not seen anyone comment on anything similar.
    I know it deviates a bit from the scenarios.
    ps: i'm learning to speak english :smile:
  • Bambulka555Bambulka555 Posts: 10 New Member
    Screenplay proposal.

I would really like the script as Wedding Coordinator.

The first task: Find two unmarried Sims who have as many common interests as possible.
    The second task: To find out from each Sims what color and style of furniture and clothing they like, and what food they like.
    Task 3: Find out which wedding they prefer. Whether at home or in a public place - Park, Restaurant, etc.
    Task 4: Prepare the venue, and provide everything according to their wishes - food, music, entertainment. If it is a restaurant, arrange a wedding date, and you must manage to arrange a chef and entertainer by the wedding date.
    Task 5: Find out how many and what friends they wish to have at the wedding. You will then need to send them invitations.
    Task 6: When you have everything done, all you have to do is go to the mayor to whom you will present the treasures for the wedding, who will then come to marry them on the wedding day.
    Task 7: It is necessary to supervise the overall course of entertainment on the wedding day. If the wedding guests are satisfied and you fit into the budget, you will get a big reward.

Arranging a wedding will be able to Sim who reaches Level 10 as Wedding Coordinator. And that brings me to my next wish. I would very much like the work of the Wedding Coordinator to appear in the game The Sims 4 as work that the Sims could do from home or they went to work classically.

I apologize in advance for English. I use Google translate
  • ZitiacheZitiache Posts: 8 New Member
    With Paranormal stuff, I thought your sims could "inherit" a haunted mansion, or maybe they were cheaper than normal houses, the classic movie setups. Instead it was the "haunted starter home" or "haunted mansion your sim built themselves and has no idea where these ghosts came from". Have the mansion inheritance be a scenario, a haunted mansion would be free to your sims, but you can't change the lot type or sell the house (you can move out, but you don't get the house value added to your funds) you beat it by living there long enough, or remove the spirits or whatever. After that you can make it a normal house
    Alice1260 wrote: »
    We all agree that games like medieval sims or sims castaway stories are very loved ... and I think that much of it is due to individualism, our character is the only one that can be controlled.

I would like in the sims 4:

Being born as a baby and having fully autonomous parents and family (as are roommates) largely influenced by their own traits, being breastfed by your own mother, raised by your parents, socializing with your siblings, than your parents on their own initiative impose curfews ... get married and that our partner is also autonomous and may even give us some surprises (such as infidelity when we are at work) ... take care of our children and ask us for permission to go out to play with friends, watch them grow up, find a partner and have grandchildren ...
    In short, I would like a game mode where we only control one sim and the rest is totally autonomous, frankly I got tired of it always being a pure empty stage where we must create stories with our imagination ... I would like dynamics of autonomy impose a story on us and avoid taking care of several sims and making decisions for them when they do not interest me at all.

I just wanted to share this idea to see if I am right in the head because I have not seen anyone comment on anything similar.
    I know it deviates a bit from the scenarios.
    ps: i'm learning to speak english :smile:
    Screenplay proposal.

I would really like the script as Wedding Coordinator.

The first task: Find two unmarried Sims who have as many common interests as possible.
    The second task: To find out from each Sims what color and style of furniture and clothing they like, and what food they like.
    Task 3: Find out which wedding they prefer. Whether at home or in a public place - Park, Restaurant, etc.
    Task 4: Prepare the venue, and provide everything according to their wishes - food, music, entertainment. If it is a restaurant, arrange a wedding date, and you must manage to arrange a chef and entertainer by the wedding date.
    Task 5: Find out how many and what friends they wish to have at the wedding. You will then need to send them invitations.
    Task 6: When you have everything done, all you have to do is go to the mayor to whom you will present the treasures for the wedding, who will then come to marry them on the wedding day.
    Task 7: It is necessary to supervise the overall course of entertainment on the wedding day. If the wedding guests are satisfied and you fit into the budget, you will get a big reward.

Arranging a wedding will be able to Sim who reaches Level 10 as Wedding Coordinator. And that brings me to my next wish. I would very much like the work of the Wedding Coordinator to appear in the game The Sims 4 as work that the Sims could do from home or they went to work classically.

I apologize in advance for English. I use Google translate

For Non-English speakers,Your English is very good.
  • CangwenCangwen Posts: 220 Member
    I think some tweaks could be made. I also think there needs to be more at any given time. I would also like to see harder versions of some of them.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,387 Member
    They need a scenerio for Single Sims to find Love. Maxis doesn't have enough ways for single sims to meet in the game. This would be a start and also if we got an online dating feature.