Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims not looking at computer screens anymore

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    AncientMuseAncientMuse Posts: 1,062 Member
    edited September 2021
    I've lost track of all the recent updates, but this has started happening for me ever since around the time of the spa day refresh (or thereabouts). It doesn't happen all the time, only some of the time (50-70% ?). I've noticed it when they're doing anything on the computer (writing, video game, etc) and also when they wash dishes in the sink or brush their teeth. It's not a game-killing bug for me, but it's freakishly eerie to see... like "The Exorcist" type of eerie.... *shiver* :#

And I don't think it's a mod or cc thing. I've tried all the usual test methods - with and without mods/cc (folders completely removed not just disabled in the game), repaired the game, deleted cache, new save, old save, etc etc.

I've added my "me too" and hopefully this one might be an easy fix for the devs? I guess we'll have to wait and see.
    My Gallery ID: AncientMuse2
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." ~ Mark Twain
  • Options
    RedShoe7RedShoe7 Posts: 705 Member
    Today, I noticed one of my sims sleeping on a bench outside and she was on her side as usual but her head was twisted to the side looking up. Very creepy.
  • Options
    KyreRoenKyreRoen Posts: 677 Member
    The Simguru on the 3rd page is looking for saves, so feel free to submit yours to help the fix along.
    Check out my 'Simming Tips' for detailed tips and tricks (TS4).
  • Options
    bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,378 Member
    Also my spellcasters are turning their heads when they are practicing magic. :/
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • Options
    Hearts4uHearts4u Posts: 1,775 Member
    RedShoe7 wrote: »
    Today, I noticed one of my sims sleeping on a bench outside and she was on her side as usual but her head was twisted to the side looking up. Very creepy.

Yes, this is very creepy because the animations are messed up when doing so many different activities.

Before sending them my save, I removed my CAS cc folder, removed my original save, repaired the game and started playing. I hope they fix this soon because I'm tired of clicking on Sims to reset them.
    Origin ID: littlebonnieblue
  • Options
    permanentrosepermanentrose Posts: 3,789 Member
    I feel like my sims aren't looking at ANYTHING anymore. My sim had her head turned awkwardly while washing her hands at the sink when I played yesterday, and I've noticed it with other activities too.
  • Options
    ArzekialArzekial Posts: 665 Member
    edited October 2021
    Hearts4u wrote: »

Yes, this is very creepy because the animations are messed up when doing so many different activities.

Before sending them my save, I removed my CAS cc folder, removed my original save, repaired the game and started playing. I hope they fix this soon because I'm tired of clicking on Sims to reset them.

Yeah, animation overall does seem really strange right now and my sims are even having problems simply walking through a doorway at times. Quite often they get caught on the doorway edge and start walking along/through the wall.
  • Options
    edited October 2021
    Arzekial wrote: »
    Hearts4u wrote: »

Yeah, animation overall does seem really strange right now and my sims are even having problems simply walking through a doorway at times. Quite often they get caught on the doorway edge and start walking along/through the wall.

Yeah, I'm also having that problem as well. I also included videos and photos when I sent them my save showing this problem as well.
  • Options

The head turns when they are doing several different activities. Happens with toddlers as well. I captured some pictures.

Head turned while washing hands.
    1._Head_Turn_While_Washing_Hands.jpg

Head turn while brushing teeth.
    1._Head_Turn_While_Brushing_Teeth.jpg

Vendors head is turned. She should be looking straight but never does.
    1._Head_Turn_of_Vendor.jpg