Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Have you been able to make an accurate simself?

I've noticed that some peoples features work perfectly with the sims and you can make a spot on sim recreation really easily, but for other people it just doesn't work. For me personally I've tried to make a simself a billion times, but there's never been even the vaguest resemblance, so I wanted to make a poll to see - have you been able to make an accurate simself?

Have you been able to make an accurate simself? 197 votes

Yes
17%
bshag4lvMonet11VageniusladybreidPlumbobCrossingBabykittyjadebixtersSindocatCAPTAIN_NXR7EnkiSchmidtYBNS2468garapoesScobreBreazonaEmmpddd994GrumpyGlowfishthatsnotswegizecsonGeralt_ofRivia 34 votes
No
23%
Akl500Pauroraael14Frn0731Mstybl95jeepjeepcatColorist40imhappyVibsemcruddAuroraBoreallisDijktafonencisGibbs02JestTruCinebarTorietaydevGlimmer50motdkLisamango0benson2006 47 votes
Sort of
35%
crocobauraKita5399BlkBarbiegallisamwittPlayerSinger2010Isb917MarkooshSnuffyBucketRawlaMariefoxprice83loubyloulouAvatarBoybarracuda1574MindofyDarkLady2788zagboorulesMikezumiKennziKaigeemorrillmlmeadows 69 votes
I haven't tried
23%
rudolphaTheSpotted_CSimburianCaitxcatsimgirl1010Paigeisin5greydonnspice3emereDragonAge_300905blueyblueskyChampandGirliefoxybillySweetieWright_84snoepjes1210SimmerMarsAstroEvaliynrandy2355MDianaSims 47 votes

Comments

• Options
    FatTribble23FatTribble23 Posts: 848 Member
    Yes
    My avatar is my simself, and I think she's extremely accurate - of how I looked 30-40 years ago. Why on earth would I want to make a simself of my old carcass now? :lol: But yeah, I got opinions of those who have known me for a really long time and they agree she's pretty spot on. I did use CC, though. It took me months to find the right moles. Her neck is too long, but that's the biggest thing "wrong". Is there a way to change neck length in S4? I couldn't find it if so.
    HcmCUds.jpg
    Life needs an undo button.
  • Options
    Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Sort of
    Not really my thing to make "real people," so I just took my usual fav sim and changed her hair and skin to match mine the one time I did. I cannot really be bothered to match physical features very well, beyond color basics. I have played with far more in depth character creators than 4's CAS, though, so I can definitely understand if the dedicated crowd finds it lacking.
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,720 Member
    edited September 2021
    Sort of
    My avatar is my simself which is looking very similar to how I look irl. But it's from a sim on the gallery which I modified to look like myself so that's why I selected sort of.
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,890 Member
    Sort of
    She's kind of cartoony but so is everything in the sims. Honestly, my appearance lends itself to cartoony depiction because I am petite and have ridiculous hair, so any petite sim with that hair looks a bit like me especially if she has one of those quirky tank dresses on. I don't play my simself but she's the sim in my avatar picture.
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    Sort of
    I tried once and gave up half way through as I don't have the patience to fiddle with all the fine details. Most of my sims are just a basic mix of pre-set features.
  • Options
    netney52netney52 Posts: 1,214 Member
    Yes
    Yes as my simself nearly 4 years ago with the traits too. My simself was my original sim for my main save now I’m 3-4 generations in.
  • Options
    LynnPlayz1LynnPlayz1 Posts: 548 Member
    edited September 2021
    Sort of
    Sorta kinda not really.
    08-17-21_11-03-31_AM.png
    I'm not going to face reveal, but my eyes are bigger I think and I couldn't get the nose bump right or find a hair that works.
    (If anyone knows of any hip/butt length hair please lmk)
    Oh and I couldn't find a beauty mark that's right and I never got around to making my own. 😅
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,963 Member
    edited September 2021
    No
    though I feel its mostly due to my not very good cas skills and me not being able to admit to myself how i really look like :lol:

Tried many times but I keep steering for "but i dont like this part of my looks so we can just... not make it too visible right" and obviously everytime i do that it becomes less and less me looking :sweat_smile:

i shall just refer to sim me as evil barbie clone that got plastic surgery million times to not look like me and is here to destroy simearth with her soulless being

don't think accurate sim me will ever happen at this point :sweat_smile:
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    Yes
    Yes, but I found it creepy to play.

I wound up editing in CAS to remove the resemblance so that I didn't feel weird about it.
  • Options
    Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    I haven't tried
    Never had an interest in it, because to me, sims are not avatars that represent "you, the person behind the avatar" like in Second Life. I prefer to play with just a mix of different sims..... young, old, male, female, in a variety of skin tones, and hair/eye colors, etc.

Never tried it in any of the sims games. In other games, I have created a 'resemblance" of my self ..... same hair style, eye color, etc. But not body shape because I'm not real happy with the shape God gave me, so yeah if I ever create myself, the body shape is more of what I wish mine was like LOL
  • Options
    EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,929 Member
    Sort of
    Sort of, if that even really is possible in game :)
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Options
    MonaveilMonaveil Posts: 652 Member
    I haven't tried
    I haven't made a Sim of myself since I played Sims 2. I tried to when I first started playing TS4 but I didn't like any of the female voices.
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,974 Member
    edited September 2021
    No
    I made a simself, but it was the first sim I made and I didn’t know much about making sims in the sims 4 at that time, and I am no artist anyway, and was in a rush to play the game. So besides hair color and eyes, and skin color, she doesn’t look as much like myself as I would have liked. Also I wanted her to look like my young adult self as that was the age I was making her, but was still in too much of a rush to really make the resemblance very realistic.
  • Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    Sort of
    More or less. None of the in-game hairstyles are quite right, though Grimcookies' edit to the loose straight hair that came with Paranormal Stuff comes closest. And despite Paranormal Stuff and Laundry Day CAS being pretty much right in my wheelhouse, there still isn't a lot in CAS that really suits me, or if it does, it's in the "wrong" colors. But I did find my glasses, so there is that.

And my Self-sim is both thinner and taller than the real me. Thinner for my vanity, and taller because height scaling isn't a thing in Sims 4. :smiley:
  • Options
    RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    Yes
    I made one who basically looks exactly like me!
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Options
    Kita5399Kita5399 Posts: 2,112 Member
    Sort of
    I can’t get my chin exactly right, or find a good match for my hair, and the mole is a bit higher irl. I think this is probably the best it will get, unless I find a better hair.
    yz8B7hh.png
  • Options
    HavenRoseHavenRose Posts: 323 Member
    Sort of
    I’ve only tried once. It was kind of uncanny - default EA skin made her look really young, but a few features I tried to get right also made her look older. I think the features were a decent match. I only made her to play through Batuu and take pictures of her in her costume in front of the Falcon, so I wasn’t too concerned about spending tons of time getting every detail right. Personally, I don’t feel a desire to play with my sim-self beyond that; it’s too weird when the sim does something that I would consider out of character.
  • Options
    VeganisinizVeganisiniz Posts: 51 Member
    Sort of
    Sort of my nose isn't quite right and seems to be impossible to do because of how i have a little gap between my nose and brow ridge. I would also have to use cc to find a tattoo similar to my Loch Ness Monster wrist tattoo, same for my septum piercing since the game only has septum rings.

It also feels weird having my sim be the same height as everyone since I'm 191cm/6'3 tall.
  • Options
    SweetieWright_84SweetieWright_84 Posts: 4,129 Member
    I haven't tried
    I haven't tried in TS4 but I did attempt it in TS3. It was somewhat a fail. It resembled me but not an exact match.
    Gallery ID: SweetieWright_84--Save File Thread--Youtube Channel
  • Options
    EnnaelEnnael Posts: 86 Member
    Yes
    Mine became pretty accurate after I used a photo to compare it to in a half and half split, and tweak it a bit at a time between comparisons until it was as accurate as possible. I was inspired to do it that way from people on Reddit showing off their Simself comparisons.

I made a little animation using the screenshots I took during the process. The Sim started out not really looking like me at all, and ended up looking very very close. I initially made it using no reference, and had the eye preset totally wrong.
    51460101070_c3c7174e04_o.gif
    The only CC is eyelashes and eyeball texture.

I never play this Sim, because I find it a bit creepy. I just thought it would be cool to try to make it actually look like me.
    50617862938_30d24ee877_o.gif
  • Options
    phantasmkissphantasmkiss Posts: 1,520 Member
    edited September 2021
    Sort of
    Using photographs of myself and quite a bit of time, I've made a Simself who, every once in a while, gives me some uncanny valley, but otherwise just looks like a Sim I relate to. Sadly, my skills don't extend to celebrities, and my best friend looks terrible. I think it's because I've been making my own Simself since V2.

Edit:
    ← That's us. Only I don't get blue hair because I work in an office.
    4TJdLHA.png
    Tumblr | Sims 4 Gallery | Sims 3 Page
    Baby Darling: My 100 Baby Challenge | Generation 1 | Donors 10 | Adult Children 8 | First Post | Most Recent
    Give Me a Story, I'll Give You a Build | The Bunker Challenge | CowplantSports
  • Options
    SimDork23SimDork23 Posts: 524 Member
    No
    No. My avatar is my simself. I’ve got the hair, eye color, & clothing right, but I just used one of the pre-made faces. :D
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,429 Member
    I haven't tried
    No. I have no interest in a simself. I did that once in the Sims 2 and didn't like playing a simself. I prefer to play characters in a story not myself.
  • Options
    I haven't tried
    I look like Walter White or Stone Cold Steve Austin in my middle age—I think that's sufficient mental image that you've all pretty much got it down to the point where you'd recognize me in a police lineup!—so it's not all that hard to put together a semi-accurate simself.

That said, I've had precisely no interest in actually doing so. Like many published writers, I hold self-insert fanfiction in low regard, and that includes avatars in video games.
    (he/him)
    And remember this above all. Our Roman gods are watching. Make sure they are not ashamed!
    My NBA site, Pace and Space
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    I haven't tried
    I think it’s weird to make a simself, I have no interest in it.