Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What are some trivial things that annoy you?

Comments

• Options
    Gamer_34567544Gamer_34567544 Posts: 1,300 Member
    Constant phone calls.

Also vampires can't put away objects if they are constantly moving as a bat. Seriously, place the item(s) in your inventory, then move to put it away.
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    Vampires can't feed off humans in private without the whole world some how knowing about it and then being constantly annoyed with texts.
  • Options
    You can't feed the aliens that you catch alive during your adventures in a rocket ship, or care for them in any real way. They are in one place, like insects in a jar. Why not have them as little companions?
  • Options
    ParaleeParalee Posts: 1,166 Member
    edited September 2021
    How randomization is done. For example when you randomize likes/dislikes, it randomizes everything at once, often leaving a category with zero likes or zero dislikes. I had to come up with my own randomization system by assigning everything a number and using a random number generator. I even found a way to randomize voice types.

Also how windows cant be upsized. If they wont give us styles in each wall height we should at least be able to do that lol
    My speculations on hints for future content:
    -Cars Update
    -Spiral/Diagonal Stairs Update
    -Hotel Pack
    -Romance Pack (possibly combined with Hotel Pack)
    -Bands Pack
    -Royalty Pack
    -Fashion Design Pack
    -Fairies Pack
    -Werewolf Pack
    -France-inspired World
  • Options
    Destin2016Destin2016 Posts: 568 Member
    Sims 4
    You like me because I'm a scoundrel. There aren't enough scoundrels in your life.
  • Options
    Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    The way our Sims become obsessed with new objects or interactions in every new pack we add. But I think the one I dislike the most is the way my Sims flock to the waterfall in Sulani to woohoo. I made the mistake of building a restaurant/nightclub on the lot directly across from that waterfall, and Sims would constantly leave their tables to swim over to that darn waterfall to woohoo with their date/spouse/casual acquaintance then go home. I finally moved the restaurant across the island because of that. And the same goes if it's a residential lot. The Sims living on that lot were always swimming over to the waterfall at night. Even when I turned off autonomy!
  • Options
    jujee55jujee55 Posts: 588 Member
    Constant water drinking. I could understand if they were hungry but they are always getting water.
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,974 Member
    Atreya33 wrote: »
    - Sims joining in on conversations
    - the random order of known sims in the relationship panel, closest relationships should come first
    - not being able to filter relatives when choosing sims to travel, join a club
    - automatically filled bookcases, I would like to buy them empty

I love all of these. Maybe they could make a bookshelf challenge.
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,974 Member
    Chair wrote: »
    My sim always has to buy the round of drinks. Nobody else ever buys a round. My sim has the money to do so but it would make sense sometimes for someone else to offer to buy a round.

I downloaded a hangout or play centre from the gallery. Install it. Send my kids to play there. No one else turns up to play there.
    Are you sure the lot type is not generic? Also I find if I assign something as a park more children show up. And giving it the child’s play lot trait might make more children show up, but not sure about that one.
  • Options
    KyreRoenKyreRoen Posts: 677 Member
    - The rate at which some of the "command" powers work for vampires:
    • Sims will sometimes fix things when I command them to.
    • Sims will sometimes clean when I command them to.
    • Sims often route fail when I command them to sit. "I said kneel!!!"
    - Sims targeting my sims for conversations from all the way downtown.
    - Sims conversing with my sims when I'm trying to have a private conversation/date.
    - Sims rolling into my home to use the bathroom.
    - Townie accessory choices.
    - Vampires being unable to cast the fear emotion (I mean come on).
    - The inability to bake all cakes.
    - The consistent urge to do snowy activities if anywhere near that neighborhood in Mt. Komorebi.
    - Merfolk having no transformation animation (the first time).
    - Aliens being unable to match their disguise.
    - Being unable to equip items over the power armor, glasses, or robo-arm.
    - Lack of unnatural skintones.
    Check out my 'Simming Tips' for detailed tips and tricks (TS4).
  • Options
    Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,326 Member
    Scobre wrote: »
    Not being able to change mirror size and rotating it and location.

With T.O.O.L. you can! Not sure about size/scale, but can move them anywhere!
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• Options
    Star Wars alien appearances not being skins. We could have Sims be aliens throughout the whole game if they were, and not the Sixam kind! No offense to Sixam aliens- but sometimes I want a Twi-lek or something.
  • Options
    ddd994ddd994 Posts: 418 Member
    Catzilla wrote: »
    It's really difficult to generate or create good-looking male sims, you can get derpy-looking male sims to infinity though. It's definitely time for an overhaul for male sims in face, form and fashion. lol

Lol I disagree with this.. It feels weird to call them hot, but I have plenty of good looking male sims in my game… There does seem to be a lack of “sexy” wear for both male and female sims, i always put this down to the game being so kiddy friendly?

Body hair would be good though, hopefully a werewolf pack is on the horizon 😇
  • Options
    JackOnYourBackJackOnYourBack Posts: 1,261 Member
    The Parenthood 'Ask for Advice' pop-up
    Gallery ID: JackOnYourBack
  • Options

...and then there is one answer: "Suck it up, kid." :D
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• Options
    AyKooChaoAyKooChao Posts: 676 Member
    Mstybl95 wrote: »
    Why can't I just bulldoze lots from the neighborhood screen? Why do I have to load the lot, click into a menu to click a button to bulldoze the house, and then again to bulldoze the paint? Why can I not do all that in one click!?
    I know! And why can’t we delete multiple households at once?
    #ConsistencyForAliensTS4
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member

I just recently figured out how to disable it with MCCC in my game. I found it very annoying and repetitive, it’s always the same questions and they were happening so often in families with multiple children. I don’t miss it one bit.
  • Options
    I'm annoyed by spam phone calls, frequent text messages, frequent water drinking, and Sims who prank toilets. I'm also annoyed that Sims don't bother to turn off the stereo before trying to nap or sleep -- after all, they are smart enough to turn off the TV, so why not the stereo?

I second all this. This is annoying.
  • Options
    VeganisinizVeganisiniz Posts: 51 Member
    ddd994 wrote: »
    Catzilla wrote: »
    It's really difficult to generate or create good-looking male sims, you can get derpy-looking male sims to infinity though. It's definitely time for an overhaul for male sims in face, form and fashion. lol

Lol I disagree with this.. It feels weird to call them hot, but I have plenty of good looking male sims in my game… There does seem to be a lack of “sexy” wear for both male and female sims, i always put this down to the game being so kiddy friendly?

Body hair would be good though, hopefully a werewolf pack is on the horizon 😇

Saaame, when I used custom content I'd download a lot of that sort of stuff because male sims literally have only two kinds of underwear, and female sims not too many more either. We need a Master Suite Stuff style pack desperately, which would be a great time for a new iteration of the heart bed and heart hottub.
  • Options
    I think someone mentioned this, but does anyone else feel like people should stop gossiping about your Sim biting another without asking, and then telling you to stop?

One time, Vladislaus Straud gave me the message! Like he never would do that...
  • Options
    BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    1. Sims getting a glass of water.
    2. Sims stopping to smell the air.
    3. Not being able to have retail from sim home.
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • Options
    PlumbeebPlumbeeb Posts: 619 Member
    • Random townie generation
    • Townies interrupting conversations or actions
    • Guests helping themselves to stuff from the fridge
    • Pranking toilets
    • Not being able to place residential lots in vacation worlds
    • Constant notifications about N.A.P voting even when it's turned off
    • Not being able to 'copy and paste' an aliens facial features so that both forms are identical
    • Not having the option to remove an aliens disguise altogether
    • Different eye types (Vampire, Mermaid, Alien etc) are all locked to their specific occult, instead of being unlocked for all in CAS if you own the DLC
    • Having to unlock items by GP or SP number (which I always forget) while in CAS, instead of being able to use one simplified cheat that unlocks everything
    • Relying on mods to correct most of the things on this list
    Sims 4 Wish List:
    • > Option to toggle on/off random townie generation.
    • > Turn vacation worlds into residential worlds.
    • > Option to purchase separate worlds or a world pack.
    • > Sleepwear kit.
    • > Atomic age kit.
  • Options
    • Not being able to place residential lots in vacation worlds

^This^
    Though that's not a trivial thing that bothers me, it's a major annoyance.

Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• Options
    RySBIRySBI Posts: 329 Member
    For me it’s not being able to own a coffee machine or tea maker because Sims are SO overly obsessed with constantly using it and cancelling out every other action.

One other thing is when you prepare a meal, but instead of using the dining table, Sims sometimes wander off and go sit somewhere random like on a bed upstairs to eat.